All Comments on 'Goddess of the Moon'

by KierHardy

Sort by:
  • 8 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Nicely Written

I was expecting something far different. You delivered a well written story with beautifully expressed detail and emotion. Highly erotic.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Lacking reality and full of cliches

Dear KierHardy, first off, you wanna write a story about a Turkish girl. But you do absolutely no research about them?? The girl is in Turkey, 'somewhere in the east, you think?'.... How about google mapping it next time, Sherlock? Second off, your knowledge about Turkish women is too much influenced by middle eastern images of Fox news. You wont believe it, even admittedly 'muslim' girls dont wear 'traditional muslim' clothing. They dont wear abayas, what have you. Third off, as a Turkish woman, married to a German man, i can easily tell you, you have no clue what Turkish fathers could and would tolerate. Take my word for it. Please do your research the next time, otherwise, its just a crappy gonzo porn story. Not much more.

Best regards,

Bilge

KierHardyKierHardyalmost 10 years agoAuthor
A response to criticism.

Dear Bilge,

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to comment on my story! Feed back is important and I really do appreciate it. You made a few good points and I thought it only courteous to respond, even if you never see this.

The first mistake you make is assuming that I know nothing about Turkey, Turkish people or Turkish culture. You are confusing the narrator's ignorance with mine. The way he brushed off the details of where exactly the girl is from and where her father's money comes from is supposed to show that he doesn't care, it's not important to him.

I am English, I don't watch fox news. The female character in the story is a composite of various girls I knew while I lived and worked in Turkey. Plus a healthy dose of my own imagination, of course. I did not pick Turkish as her nationality out of thin air.

NONE of the characters in the story are real people and are not meant to represent any ethnicity, culture, race or religion. The father's attitudes and behaviour are not meant to be those of a “typical” Tukish father, they are his and his alone.

You find strict over protective fathers all over the world. Would you criticise me if the characters were strict Greek Orthodox Christians? Or Hasidic jews? What about American Mormons? I doubt it somehow. The fact of the matter is that I don't have any experience with these people. However I do have experience with Turkish Muslims and, I must confess, the head scarves turn me on.

I have also written a story about people in the east of London. A chav girl gets pimped out by her boyfriend. At no point was I suggesting that all English people are chavs or pimps or prostitutes. They are just characters I made up from people I have known and my own sexual fantasies.

If you reread the first paragraph of the story, you will see that I didn't write “traditional Muslim clothing”. I wrote, “Islamic dress”. I didn't mean abayas, burkas, or chadors. I meant clothing that conforms to the demands of hijab, covering the body and not showing off the shape. I did leave these details vague, I admit. I didn't feel the need to be specific. I knew what I meant and I thought the reader could imagine whatever their idea of Islamic dress is. I believed the details of what she is wearing at that moment to be much more interesting and important than what she wore in the past.

In regards to your last point, it being “just a crappy gonzo porn story” I cannot argue. Well, I could if I liked, I could do anything if I liked, but I won't. It is your opinion and a very valid one, no doubt shared my many of those who read it.

Once again, thank you very much for you comment. I hope you read this and feel free to contact me if you want to talk about it some more.

All the best!

KierHardy

morg219morg219almost 10 years ago
Refreshing

I didn't just enjoy your story, but also the grace with which you dealt with a rather uncalled for comment. Such manners are quite refreshing. Having addressed that though, I really did enjoy your story. I think my favorite aspect was how you described what the man in the story could have done... the power at play... but not executed. That was the most erotic part for me at least. I love imagining what a man could do to me, if he ever chose to do so. That's the appeal of sleeping with men in general for me... knowing that they're bigger, stronger, and have more physical power than I could ever hope to have. The fact that you chose for the teacher to hold back a bit to make it pleasurable for his student... just yes. Adding to my favorites, sharing with my girlfriends, I'll be "using" this one again. Thank you! ;) Hope this comment inspires you to continue your craft. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

i loved it as a turkish girl who wears hijab because of her strict family. im glad to see there are people who get turned on by hijab!

thebug37thebug37over 8 years ago
Enjoyable to the utter most of love

Religion is by-passed for feelings of love and care. Terrific story and you earn a five star rate.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Humdallah (Praise to God)

She is for stoning, you for castration, unless you convert...LOL

A very good story with a slow burn, finishing in a wonderful hot conflagration.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Loved it.

This is how I usually sext girls.

Go ahead and keep writing

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous