All Comments on 'Dream Drive Ch. 02'

by Over_Red

Sort by:
  • 45 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Very good

One of the best I've seen on here in a while. Although, I do hate you for making me crave a game like this now.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Amazing story

You might get a lower rating because there were no sex scenes, but don't let that phase you. I love this story and it you've set it up spectacularly, with plenty to explore. Can't wait for more!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Wow

One of the Best stories i have ever reaf and i read a LOT ! I am no native english speaker and i read the whole storie in english and my english isnt that great, but the storie is worth it (sry for mistakes as i said i am no native english speaker)

sentricsentricalmost 10 years ago

This is at the very least approaching publication-grade material. Keep going, have fun and tell us a good story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Had no choice.

This work is brilliant. I cannot even entertain the idea that anyone who has read this has done less than enjoy it in its entirety. You have weaved a story that is captivating and engaging that only saddens me when i realize how close to the last posted page i am. PLEASE Keep these stories coming, this is much too fine a piece to stop with so much potential left unexplored, as so many of the stories published here are left unfinished. This is the first time i have posted a response to one of these and as i stated, I had no choice.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
This is amazing

I love what you are doing with the story and i cant wait for your next instalment of the series. The magic looks like its gonna be really cool and i hope jack gets into it. Please continue your great story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Can't wait for more

Fantastic world building and characters. Please don't stop, looking forward to more!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Unique!

I don't usually comment but I felt this story unique enough to do so! Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Hooked

Some of the best world-building I've read in a long time. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great story

I just stumbled across your stories today both are incredibly thoughtout and well written can't wait for the next one

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Great job!

I read both your stories straight through and now have to be up for work in 5 hours. That is the highest praise I can give, that I would give up sleep to read what you have created. Please write more when you can.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Fantastic!

Don't ever stop writing! One of my favorite stories that I have ever read. Incredibly detailed and well thought out world. I want more!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago

Great absolutely loved it, please keep on writing

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Amazing

Love it, would be sorely disappointed if you did not continue with this

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Great Story

Quite a good story, excellent continuation of the first. Again, Log Horizon seems to be the primary inspiration, with the virtual reality and enormous tower ideas from SAO. Of course, stealing ideas from these is just fine as long as the similarity is only on the face, which it appears to be with the "gameplay" style of it. Cool idea for that, by the way.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
More!

And now I miss another hour of sleep reading the next chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
loving it so far..

On to the next!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Amazing

I've read through the first 2 chapters and just had to stop and comment. I am really loving this and am really looking forward to the coming chapters.

This is inspiring me to write a story of my own.

Thanks for putting it up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Aweslme!

Dude you are amazing. I love the slight romance incorporated with the action.I almost forgot he was in the video game. My friend, you have true talent

kizkizkizkizover 9 years ago
Nicely done

great progression. You are in a rare breed here. Great descriptions and fun world building. Can't wait to read more

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I've just discovered THE game I want to play in VR

Seriously. I absolutely love the images that you're putting forth. I'm at the point in the sewers where he just hid in the room after the alarm went up. I want to experience that set of complex feelings. Too have the only indication of the game to be a health bar in the upper corner. It sounds fantastic. I'm giddy with excitement.

Bigbear_2345

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

This is really wonderful, thank you for this. There are many points I could call out which add to its appeal, but just know that your work is appreciated.

parramountparramountabout 9 years ago
Just finished the chapter

And I just had to stop and give you my thanks. This is an awesome story, the plot is very intriguing. Once I finish your series I'm definitely going to read the others you mention and suggested.

You've made really interested in this type of genre.

Keep doing what you're doing, my blessings that your studies go smoothly too!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Great Work

Keep it up, man. This is the kind of story that people will pay money for. Just don't take it off of Literotica until I finish reading it. =) Excellent work. You have real talent. I'm so immersed in the story that the lack of sexual situations doesn't even come to mind.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
It's like sword art online (a anime)

Plot Summary: The only way to escape is to 'clear' the game. Death in game means actual 'death' ---- The ten thousand who have logged onto the as of yet mysterious game 'Sword Art Online' using their Nerve Gear have been forced into this perilous death game and are trapped inside. Protagonist Kirito, one of the many gamers, has greeted this 'truth'. He plays as a solo player in the giant castle that is the stage for this game ---- 'Aincrad'. To meet the conditions of clearing the game and leaving this twisted virtual world, he must get through all 100 floors. He ends up working with Asuna, another player to clear the 100 levels. Will Kirito have what it takes to clear the game, or will he die trying?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
I've been reading sci-fi/fantasy for close to 40 yrs; it is my favorite genre

to read, though I also read other fiction and non-fiction. I also am a non-fiction writer, though unpublished.

So far, DD is as good as anything I have read, (and THAT is pretty heady company when you consider the heavyweights of sci-fi/fantasy, such as Tolkein, Asimov, Dick and Anthony).

You have real talent. It is good that you are pursuing a career, as it will actually enhance your writing, especially if you go on to graduate work and get an opportunity to write on a scholarly basis.

Whatever you do, keep writing, don't deprive the world of your talent. And where ever pharmacy takes you, find a writer's group to become involved with.

Good luck, I look forward to both DD and reading your published work, as well.

GeoD

LuapNellaLuapNellaalmost 9 years ago
Thanks!

Im really enjoying this, u have talent as both a writer and story teller

DARKNESS1120DARKNESS1120almost 9 years ago
Feisty

Oooo....feisty chika lol. I love these stories so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Best Story On This Site

The title says it all

JC

TrickswithpingpongballsTrickswithpingpongballsalmost 8 years ago
Cant get enough

Great story, shaping up to be a equal favorite with Tristan tales, thanks IPD for recommonmending this story,

Thanks over_red for taking time to write

maddictmaddictover 7 years ago
Jackson Vedalt.

I like your story ! Any humanism your not going to use in this tale, I'd gamble you use them all. Well done.

Our mothers were right, Go outside and play "its a beautiful day don't let it slip away." (for all you gamers its still good advice.) Hahaha. At 60 yrs. I walk 12 miles in 4 hours, on fairly flat ground, looking to improve that some. `*~*`

The trouble with virtual reality is your real body is somewhere doing what exactly. Similair to avitar (sorry) to live it has to stay safe, in X files a guy uploaded himself to the web I'm anticipating your version will be a good one. Hey no pressure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Stop

This is becoming upsetting. They seem just like native Americans and white people or maybe it's an Avatar rip-off. The tribe are the natives who just NEED a white saviour to come and help them. The way they are depicted pisses me off, their rip off native traditions and the way that they speak as if it's their second language and use lame sayings. I also hate how this girl speaks of modesty and shamelessly flirts with the white guy of all people, whose pasty ass could not possibly be attractive by her standards. This is so generic and full of bullshit and supports the idea that white people are special/needed/superior.

PyroDragonPyroDragonover 7 years ago
Don't stop

To Anonymous. You must have a lot of hatred inside you to look at the story this way. I haven't thought of any of the characters' race or skin color even once. It's not "native Americans" it's simply indians. You can find them around the world. Countless types have been written in countless stories. If you think the culture shown here is lame, that's fine, but don't start bringing real world problems into the mix as if the author is trying to change our world views. The main character's skin color doesn't matter, the natives skin color doesn't matter. Just enjoy the story and their interactions. It's a bit hypocritical to insult Chaki about her flirting and then say how "she shouldn't find his pasty ass attractive by her standards". I guess you know better huh? Actually you SHOULD know better, considering she gave a pretty precise explanation of why she likes him. You seems to be pretty angry about the main character being white. Not that I've discovered electricity here, you made it clear enough with your last sentence. As a black guy, fuck you, this story is so far amazing. Not to mention that I can relate to the main character's mentality, white or otherwise.

AundaeAundaeover 7 years ago
Great story so far

This feels like the story of "The Gamer" meets "No game no life" meets SAO

Great concept, will enjoy reading further into the story

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

I don't usually vote. Banter between Chaki and Jackson is humorous please keep it up....

Ragnar0587Ragnar0587over 6 years ago

I was delighted to see you bring the nomadic horse cultures of the Great Plains into this story. Good job.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Pleasantly surprised, and inspired

I gave this series a go because it was in the Hall of Fame while I'm waiting on a different story to be updated. I have to say, your world building is incredible and the characters feel so ALIVE. I'm currently working on a small fantasy novel mostly for myself but I feel that I will be using elements from this as inspiration going forward. Thank you for putting so much work into it!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago

This is great. Good luck in your studies, I hope you come back to this.. meanwhile,I might try contractor!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Awesome, but a mistake here and there

"The shield buckled in his grip as the rattok striked it" on the first page, it should be 'struck' instead

"If the iron men are friends with rattok, than we are no friends of the iron men!" page 5, 'than' should be 'then'

the same is with page 6,

"Well, I thought that if I could make a difference, than I should." 'than' to 'then'

just as page 7,

"he had dismounted his enemy, than gotten close enough"

I have to admit that in general it is or seems very clear of linguistic errors or imperfections and is in total a very good read!

Ib_SaysIb_Saysover 5 years ago

I liked the start, but an rpg system that burns what is basically xp to use skills is a really bad idea.

Certainly not a game I would want to play.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 5 years ago
ive seen similar systems

Interesting system, that get fleshed out later. A skill tree mix between dmc, dark souls, and ffx. I'd actually really like to play a game with a system like this.

RuckinLguardRuckinLguardabout 2 years ago

Great story so far and I'm looking forward to the rest. I do have to agree with Ib_Says though. A system that makes you choose between permanent stat increases and single use skills is out to lunch. No real gamer would ever use one of those skills, as each use cripples his long term growth.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

The story is creative and involved. Very pleasurable. Some will say that it moves too slowly, but I don't agree

Blacksword404Blacksword4046 months ago

A pleasure to read. I'm thoroughly enjoying it. Great concept. Please don't let this be one of those extraordinary literotica stories that never get finished.

KnightofmindKnightofmindabout 2 months ago

Dude. If you don't have a pattern and a publisher? Get one. Seriously. This is great stuff.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userOver_Red@Over_Red
2253 Followers
----------- CONTACT ----------- I no longer closely follow my email linked through Literotica. For more frequent updates and to know what I'm up to, see my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/Andrew-S-Ball-1515164785382499 ----------- OTHER WORKS ----------- Enjoyed my...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES