All Comments on 'How to Be Alone... And Happy'

by Tara Cox

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
YES ITS ME AND I AM ALONE AGAIN

but am I together, TK U MLJ LV NV

Mc1sucksMc1sucksalmost 10 years ago
Thank You

What you wrote spoke to me, and made me very happy to read. Alone doesn't and shouldn't mean lonely. Loneliness happens to all of us, but I feel so much of my knowledge of self comes from that time alone. I enjoy the solitude in my life, while still searching for the right people to be a part of it. Again, thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Thank you

Having just recently lost my wife to cancer, I have found myself alone at 58. But you have reminded me that, like you, I have been alone all my life. You have also reminded me that this is not a scary time but an exciting time. That this is but another journey I must travel. I hope to dump the luggage of my past and strap up the backpack. For this can truly be an adventurous time. Thank you again!

liz33ndliz33ndalmost 10 years ago
you spoke to me also Tara-

I have two wonderful daughters, both married and gone and happy, I drive 400 miles three times a year to visit. I travel to prevent complete bordom, and still hope to find someone to share with. But alas, not yet. But I keep my head high, on the outside.

sandymonroesandymonroealmost 10 years ago

You sumed up a great approach for life. Believe in your own values - I'm sure we would enjoy a good coffee together!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Thank you

Tara...for me your story is so timely. Like a few hours old. I think I lost my best friend tonight as she could not get past your para 2). Enjoyed your story even if it was with tears. But we have so much together. Thank you. Sorry but I will have to be an anon on this one. J.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I understand

It was a great read and it made me appreciate to be alone but sometimes I'm still going back and forth on the sea saw of good and bad of being alone my life is good and as of right now it's raining and I smile because I'm alone right now

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTara Cox@Tara Cox
2503 Followers
UPDATE: If you are wondering what happened to me, I have not died. I left Lit. Please do NOT comment or complain about unfinished stories. Completed versions of many are available on my website to read for FREE. If you follow the links: http://taracoxwriter.com Twitter: @...