All Comments on 'The Marriage Counselor'

by Tara Cox

Sort by:
  • 20 Comments
betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Well

I believe your reasoning is flawed. Interesting tale though.

impo_58impo_58over 9 years ago
The important...

The important is that she saved her life and got her husband again...About the friend I don't believe in her marriage to last...She being so self centered...But...miracles can happen...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
a cheating slut, saving another cheating sluts marriage, yeah right

and the money tree keeps dropping golden coins

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A surprisingly good story of redemption.

And that is rare enough by itself. Thanks.

PolyLvrPolyLvrover 9 years ago
Not bad

A few spelling mistakes that a reread might have corrected.

One thing I think it was missing though was some details about the protagonist. Was she separated or divorced when this story started? How did she start the reconciliation process with her (ex?) husband. If they weren't yet divorced, she was also cheating on her husband. After they reconciled, was she forthcoming in her dalliances when they were apart?

Not absolutely necessary but these details would have helped the flow a little more without making the reader stop and think.

laptopwriterlaptopwriterover 9 years ago
5 big stars...

I loved this. I'm not sure you'd call this a story, it's more of an allegory, but it's well done and thought provoking. Well done, Tara_Neale!

Tim413413Tim413413over 9 years ago
What a nice little story.

I would not normally read a story with such a relatively low average star rating, but the title and "tease sentence" grabbed my attention. That's what they are supposed to do. Right? I don't believe I have previously read a T_N story. I'm now off to do precisely that.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
WOW

Totally interesting. Good Job Tara.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I want to know more about these characters, please!

Nice story. 5*.

ryu77ryu77over 9 years ago
Loved this

It was very entertaining and sorta true to life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Who is this anon?

Who writes 'this is pure shit'. He has posted the same comment after other stories and it is totally relevant to the story he posts it to. T_N, please delete that crap and let your genuine readers comment.

MitchFraellMitchFraellover 9 years ago
Nice concept

A good story, even though there are a few holes.

chytownchytownover 9 years ago
Good Read***

Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
the story itself is passable

But your ability to write holds it back.

A munch? Are you English? Is that one of those things you Brits take for granted everyone will "just know" what it is?

I know what a weather vane is, and I know what it means to be vain, take the hint.

You went to a bdsm event with one guy, met a couple, saved their marriage, and in the process healed your own... marriage? Physi, er, hypocrite, heal thyself.

No, you DON'T have a degree, do you?

1*

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 9 years ago
Enjoyed it

thanks for the offering.

KarenEKarenEover 9 years ago
Re: Munch

I admit I had to look it up myself but a munch (derived from "burger munch") is a casual social gathering for people involved in or interested in BDSM.

@PolyLvr re cheating/separation - I don't really think that whether she was divorced or separated at the start is particularly relevant to the point of the story. To the extent of "judging" her, while I have ZERO knowledge of the ins-and-outs of separation, in MY mind, at least, if they are separated, ESPECIALLY if it is a legal separation, then romantic involvements aren't really cheating.

I'm sure I will get opposition to that viewpoint!

ScorpioJJScorpioJJabout 6 years ago
Take out the collars and Masters and the other BDSM crap

And you would have a decent short story. No one lives happily ever after when in that lifestyle. They have kids and they are into that shit?

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Not as bad

This was not as some of your other work, but far from good. Being collared by a Dom is the same as marriage. Such bullshit.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 4 years ago
Masters and slave collars are an insult to real slaves

It’s infuriating to make slavery into a sexual game when there are still millions of actual slaves in bondage even today in this world. Maybe come up with some new terms.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Again, very creative

and some interesting insight

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTara Cox@Tara Cox
2504 Followers
UPDATE: If you are wondering what happened to me, I have not died. I left Lit. Please do NOT comment or complain about unfinished stories. Completed versions of many are available on my website to read for FREE. If you follow the links: http://taracoxwriter.com Twitter: @...

story TAGS