All Comments on 'Stranded Ch. 03'

by patricia51

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
A man that reads lesbian fiction?

I came to be tittilated, and I was moved.

It's a shame that so many, men and women, believe that each individual has only so much love, and that any they share with one person, is subtracted from that they can share with another.

We happily allow our partners to love theor parents, grand parents, kids, cats, dogs and budgies, cars, bikes, dresses, jewellery, shoes and bags; even the odd celebrity or two. When it comes to letting them share intimacy, fleeting or long-lived; with another adult, male or female; we become blinkered, jealous, posessive and borish. Or worse.

Please, I'm not advocating open relationships, swapping, or general promescuity (I'm not condeming them either), but is it so strange to beleive that out of the billions of potential partners in the world, and the 100's or 1000's that any given individual might meet, that there are more than one that each might fall in love with?

And isn't a waste to preclude a person as much love as they can find on the basis of jealosy?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
WHY IS IT CALL MARRIAGE

IN THE MARRIAGE VOWS IT SAY HUSBAND AND WIFE, NOT TOM, DICK,OR SUE.IT IS WRONG TO GLORIFY ADULTRY, THIS WIFE BLOW IT AND YOU AS A WRITER LET HER OFF THE HOOK.I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH PEOPLE LIFE STYLES UNTIL START BRAKING UP THE MARRIAGE.YOU MAKE IT SOUND TO EASY TO DESTORY THE MARRIAGE VOWS AND FORGIVE LIKE NOTHING HAPPEN.

gnfgnfalmost 20 years ago
I see

that anon in USA is still screaming his head off. Maybe just maybe he will understand that screaming and yelling will not change a thing.

Human emotions are strange and wonderful things. Whereas I don't advocate cheating of any kind because I believe that vows are promises that should be kept if a partnership is to be able to continue. Trust is a very special thing and very hard to replace if ever if it is destroyed. However we are human and humans make mistakes. Lust is a very powerful emotion. It is very easy to be taken in by our emotions of the moment.

Here we have two ladies who fall into lust for the afternoon. Not love of a lifetime, lust for an afternoon. We also have a husband who being the type of gentleman that he is, forgives his wife for her lapse of judgement and subsequent tryst with Dorothy.

This husband has been through some stuff that the regular guy will never go through. He has seen stuff that the average guy will never see. He has also had the love of a woman for over 20 years who until that afternoon always been faithful. Do you throw all that away? In Matt's case he doesn't.

Patricia51, I love your work. You always bring out the most interesting twists to your stories. You must lead a wonderful life. Here is wishing you all the success that you deserve. Keep on writing, it keeps most of us very entertained. As for most of the anon's of the world I wouldn't bother reading their drivel.

George

mismusedmismusedalmost 20 years ago
Loved the whole story

The ending was as you both said, the way it had to be. How nice. Dot, I hope you read this too. It was wonderful the way you two pulled this story off. Thank you,

mismused

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 20 years ago
Beyond Belief:

I have to admit to not seeing the reason for Matt's willingness to be a fool for the little wife whenever she wants to jump out of her holy matrimony for a little perversion on the side. I wonder how understanding she would have been had she caught her lover between the sheets with hubby.In real life I am afraid dear Matt would be up on 2nd degree manslaughter charges and the wife would be out trolling gay bars for some excitement.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
hOW trashy

How could someone so talented write such unbelievable drivel.

Whether it be a woman or man - he just loves to get back in the sack with her???? Get real - use your talent reasonably!!!

NeverOnTimeNeverOnTimeover 19 years ago
Excellent

Excellent writing. Some people don't seem to understand the difference between written entertainment and an instruction manual for life. This story meets and may even exceed the demands of the sane portion of your audience. Thank you again.

AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
WHO IN BED TOMORROW,WAL-MART MANAGER

TRUST AND RESPECT IN MARRIAGE IS TOP OF THE ORDER.YOU COME AND FINE WIFE IN BED WITH ANOTHER THE TRUST IS GONE.IT TAKES TIME AND WORK TO BUILT BACK UP.THE WRITER GAVE THE OTHER WOMAN A LOT LEAD WAY, WITH HER TALKING TO MAN SHE WAS IN BED WITH HIS WIFE AND HE GOT A GUN.

jaggers0053jaggers0053about 19 years ago
not your best

as usual your writing style was excellent.even sharing the story with another writer did no damage to your style.

i did however think the story a stretch for the imagination. i think it a little presumputous,actually alot presumputous,for Dorothy to tell husband he would be a fool if he didn't listen to her.she told him that twice.

i know that you warned about the ending but i thought it had a bit too much fairy tale touch to it.i can't help comparing real life to the fiction i read.it's hard to imagine this ending playing out in real life so casually. the husband made the comment about maybe he should call first before coming home in the future.i would think the meaning behind that thought would be something to be discussed.

sorry,i'll stop slobbering on your story,which in spite of all i said i thought was good.

fakers51fakers51about 19 years ago
strange but erotic

It was strange but erotic. Women are taking women from men all over the world and as a man I know it is something we will have to face for time to come. This ending was good because there was no hair pulling or fistic cuff. The ending if there will be one could be lived with by Matt.

sherlock40sherlock40over 18 years ago
All I can think of is what would happen if the

shoe was on the other foot? Would she be so understanding if she caught her husband with another woman or man? One that told her that she/he was in love with her husband and they were just expressing that love. Would the same outcome of this story happen?

Somehow, I don't think so.

AgenaAgenaabout 18 years ago
Woman's Story

I liked the story but to me it reflects a woman's outlook on what cheating really is in a marriage and how they hope a husband will react to it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Patti

Great story Patricia i cried when Dotti just left so the husband wouldnt feel upset at his wife

Pat Murray

Atlanta,ga.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkalmost 17 years ago
A charming fantasy

A tale nicely told. Unfortunately, I can't buy it as anything but pure fantasy. This is simple wish fulfillment for the gals. They can pretend their sordid sexual romp is somehow enobled by their forbidden love. Dot can pretend her actions haven't devasted a marriage and Patti gets a hot little memory to be cherished fondly throughout the rest of her humdrum little life. Matt isn't damaged by this? He has no questions, no doubts? Only in dreams. Thanks for sharing your talents with us Patricia.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 16 years ago
Lesbian crap

Let me see If I have this right... a few hours after he sees his wife fucking another woman in his bed he says

<br></br>

<i>"You, of course," he answered. "She's an amazing woman, Patti. She told me she could have fallen in love with you. What can I say?" he continued. "How could I blame her for that? She's going home, and I wished her luck and happiness in her life. I don't hate her." </i>

<br></br>

You cannot be serious

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Forgiveness is a must for long term marriage

If you have no plans other than to be married for a few years, then you will never forgive or be forgiven.

On the other hand, if you are planning a lifetime with a partner, you will take the situation as it is, love the person you've been married to for years, and forgive them, or you'll find yourself always leaving someone or being left......and it could possibly be either of you at some point in time.

It must also be said, that a man's view of his wife with another woman is nothing to be compared to seeing his wife with another man. It's a man thing. If she had been in bed with another man, the outcome could have been the same, but the situation for her husband would have been more hurtful.

Another point is that her husband is likely not perfect either. He could be the only person who knows this, but no one is perfect, especially after 20 years. That's real life.

The stastics are this: if a man and woman are married over the course of a 60 year marriage, there is a 99.9 percent change that one of you or both of you will find yourself in love with another person at some point in time. We are not computers, we are human beings.

The story patricia51 tells makes sense to me as to what a long time loving husband would do in this circumstance. Only someone who is old enough, married long enough, and actually experienced life could know it would likely end that way. This woman would likely already have left a bad tempered, selfish-minded, controlling husband and they wouldn't still be in a 20 year marriage.

The only chance any man or woman has in breaking up a long standing marriage is if the spouse of the cheater is not understanding and forgiving. Singles live with these hopes regularly, only to get disappointed and dumped. The victim here is Dorothy. She left alone and never really had a meaningful chance at happiness. 20 years is a long time and no couple gives that up so casually over a trist.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
believe it

ive been dorothy and for those who have disagreed the matt in my situation did take his patti back and they have a better marriage. amazing story great mixture of love and sex!

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkalmost 13 years ago
Often it is difficult to tell...

...whether an author is male or female regardless of the alias they use. In this case, it seems clear to me that Patricia51 is female. This story is how a woman might wish her husband would react to her affair. It is a good story and quite well written, but I can't see this reaction coming from ANY man I know. I certainly won't attempt to speak for all men, but MY reaction is simple - cheating is cheating irrespective of gender. I might also add a question for many of the LW authors out there. Why is it always the betrayed spouse who is asked, "Are you going to throw away your marriage over this?" Why are they the ones 'throwing the marriage away' and not the cheating spouse? Patricia51, thank you for sharing your story with us and I hope to see more.

BaronScrewtapeBaronScrewtapeover 12 years ago
Well...

At the very least, the husband is due an affair of his own.

I hate cheating, because it unbalances the scales, and the betrayed is just expected to suck it up or walk away. Frankly, if I am ever in this situation, the marriage just got opened up until I feel the scales are balanced.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Beautifully written, erotic, sweet, romantic and terribly flawed.

The on thing that you really failed to touch on, and I recognize it would have been difficult in such a short story, is that loyalty from those around you is almost a religion to men and women who serve. While I can see most of the emotions, you simply ignored something that would have been so ingrained in a man who was both a ranger and an LEO. So much good about it, but that took it from being a decent story of 3 people, to a rather well written and incomplete fairy tale.

Michael

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Total Crap

Cheating is cheating. Fullstop.

I'm wondering how many of the advocates for this story would allow their partner or spouse to fuck someone and then no questions asked, think that the cheating one is doing them a favour by staying with the innocent spouse.

I hate cheaters. Dot and Pat were 2 vile pieces of crap and they got away scot free. Matt seemed very pathetic and he was a moron for taking back his cheating skank. What happens when dear Pat wants to taste pussy again???

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Sweet but....

Such a silly fantasy. You write so well and handle relationship drama as well as anyone. This had far more promise than you allowed. I assume that was what you wanted, but such a waste of an interesting premise.

Michael

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Well written story

As usual. Horrible ending. Her husband excuses her cheating because it's okay to cheat with another woman? Or because she has a big heart? Betrayal is betrayal. Cheating is cheating. You may forgive but you'd never forget and the all important bond of trust in the marriage was shattered. He'll never get that trust back. End of marriage. End of story.

FranziskaSissyFranziskaSissyover 3 years ago
Breathtaking speechless

Bravo ..... Beautiful telltale ..... Great story

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Cheating and the effect is a stronger marriage? Most likely not.

Husband asking or seeking permission to keep his wife is the worst part of this story.

It does not matter that it was a lesbian affair. The husbands apathetic response makes him appear like a soulless - dummy trapped in a mans body.

Obviously written from the perspective of a manhater.

kbone1kbone16 months ago

This is another GREAT story! I thought the hubby would have a Heart Attack, but didn't.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous