All Comments on 'The Editor'

by DreamCloud

Sort by:
  • 44 Comments
bearsladybearsladyover 9 years ago

Loved this story, whether loaded with bull or not. ;-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Bless You!

I look for your stuff on here all the time. You have made my summer. I'm old too, I like to read wonderful erotica that's written well. I get it. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A New Quest!

Look @ what you did! Now I have to scour my supermarkets to find their broom closets. With any luck I could meet a Julie also....

Loved this story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Garbage Anon

Do we tell Garbage Anon that when we find a good story someone like him has trashed, we vote higher for it?

Not that Dreamcloud's work isn't usually worth five.

Nice story. I edit. Will it come true for me?

OnethirdOnethirdover 9 years ago
Nice meta

A cool story in a story- very clever. I wonder if a leg up on a shoulder would fall asleep? I confess I haven't explored all the various odd positions and I feel sadly left out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Fabulous, deserves 8* at least.

HoppydoodleHoppydoodleover 9 years ago
CHEARS!

Laughed and got hard at the same time. Five stars.

AurimazAurimazover 9 years ago
***

Nice. Now you have my comment and my thanks for your endless ego. Keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Cute, clever, and compelling.

But how could they end it there? Answer, they didn't. And you don't have to write that story. It writes itself, in our heads. Really, very profound, when you think about it.

Reindeer58Reindeer58about 9 years ago
Insanely funny

Damn, you done wright gud.

I like the way your mind works, thanks for sharing your incredible talent. Ever thought about e-book publishing?

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 9 years ago
With a few more good lines, this could have been posted in humor...

And that is a good thing! Well done -- creative, clever, erotic, and funny.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Oh maaaaaaaan!

Is this wish fulfillment or did it really happen? Oh wow. I was left speechless. Honestly. Oh wooooow. Hot and incredibly funny. Wow. Just...wow.

Lol, all that aside, I'm a grammar Nazi too but I can let simple things slide if the story is really worth it. Yours are :) Happy eating, DreamCloud's ego!

Lovelots, HunterChic1807 xoxo

fanfarefanfarealmost 9 years ago
Damn you, DreamCloud...

....My bloated ego refuses to allow any editor near my precious pose and poesy. And here you go, tormenting me with my failure to interface with a sexy proofreader, so willing to contribute to my bottom line.

SELSTIMSELSTIMalmost 9 years ago
Cute and Hot

Just how I like my women. Again, not at all what I was expecting. I love the way your mind works so I had to read your Bio. Your words about finding passion is right on. It's probably that philosophy that makes your stories so appealing and endearing. Don't change a thing. Thanks for the entertainment.

ShishamaruShishamarualmost 9 years ago
Love it ^^

Haha I just love the little semi-autobiographic story :)

I think you really should consider going for longer stories to get published, it's just to good for "only" internet stuff!

LoveMenLoveSexLoveMenLoveSexalmost 9 years ago
Hilarious!

I can't say I'd go for the position, although the closet with no lock sounds just fine. The self-deprecation counterbalanced male ego in a very satisfying way. You might've pleased all of the people all of the time!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Grammar Is Sexy

Next time, send your stories to me. Proper grammar and syntax will improve your short stories tremendously.

RushSensateRushSensateover 8 years ago
I like

Not what I expected. Much better in fact. I love how you can't tell where reality ends and fantasy begins... or if there's even a "fantasy" at all.

thurerigthurerigabout 8 years ago
i love it

Very creative!

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClassabout 8 years ago
Entertaining...

or better yet, quite humorous. After a coincidental meeting, fantasy turned into reality. True or not, it's the stuff great stories are made of.

Now that the writer and editor have coupled, dotting the "i's" and crossing the "t's" should be much easier. Dangling the participles and splitting the infinitives ought to be a piece of cake.

Thanks for posting your story. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
nice story

You make the transition between reality and fiction seamless. For all I know, the only reality may be that you got older in June! lol

RB1947RB1947about 8 years ago
Priceless

You are so damn good!

rightbankrightbankabout 8 years ago
and this is why you have "a leg up"

on most of the other writers on this site.

great job playing with the wall between writer and reader

SirReal55SirReal55almost 8 years ago
Research, research, research...

Nothing like research to make a story believable. 😁😁😁

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Thanks

Thanks for the smiles. A little truth and a little humor helps to brighten one's day. BK

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Great story!

I loved it.

pablitpablitover 7 years ago
Funniest thing I ever read at L. But you still need an editor. Who cares?

Yes, Editor is the funniest. But the stories I read before, Link and Pieces among them, still need an editor. Me? Who knows. But what does "needs" mean? If L doesn't care, why should you? spellos, typos, grammos. But never mind. I'd be surprised if yours aren't the most favorite ROMANCES at L. They're mine.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
FuuuKneee

Yes, evryone needs an Editor (I want yours,tooo) and a grammarian. But I have learned from reading a lot on this site (sight?), to ignore the" gramar "(to,two,too,toot) and just enjoy the story. Yours are very good. /s/ JustJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
funny guy

truth is always stranger than fiction .I heard that some where once a pawn a time .

R.W.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Oh so good!

Thoroughly enjoyed it. You connect with the reader’s imagination intimately.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
O.K. - I got it !

Shafted again !

I started to read this in all innocence and this cunning bastard author drew me into finishing the story and having possible thoughts of going out to find my own 4x10 broom cupboards with hot and cold running sexy editors as natural features !!

This story gets five pointy things only because it reminds me to get a real life of my own !!

pranaykathapranaykathaover 4 years ago
Fact is stranger than the fiction!

A woman editing an erotica written by a man. What a plot! Always been on my mind. A girl as an editor would be much more involved in the story than a girl just as a reader. Your story need not be believable as it already contains enough excitement as an erotic story. But introduction of a female editor has taken it beyond all doubts. Wonderful!!

Grimjack01Grimjack01over 4 years ago
Lol great

Ok this is really cool, my aunt when I first hot married gave me a book on positions based on th Kuma Sutra. It took 5 years to get through them all, sometimes because we laughed so hard we would fall and sprain something. This story reminded me of that and it was 40 years ago.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
Coincidence?

You really had me going on that one until he found the closet and the young lady asked him about it. The coincidence was believable but then again I'm an aging romantic. who lost his love last year after 40 years. I have read several of your stories now, the Beach house and a couple others. Straight porn with nothing but unreal sex is not titillating, it does nothing for the big sex organ between our ears. You need a plot and something to lead into sex, that is what your stories do. So Thanks for writing

for our Theater of the Mind.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Simply delightful!

Each of your stories recognizes that the reader needs to care about the characters before we care about how they copulate. Sex is just intimate communication between human beings. You establish the humanity of your characters and then you let them find love. It’s why I love each of your stories. (I also love your detailed, believable plots.)

The Editor let’s me see you as whimsical, yet autobiographical. A little window into you. It was a nice touch for those of us who treasure your writing. You make me feel so much better after reading your stories, like I’m a better human being than I actually am. Thanks for that. Such a delight! I’ve read a lot of fiction over the years. Your stories are at a different level than almost all of the fiction I’ve read. They’re great stories, and they’re hot. Great combo. You are wonderful.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

A silk purse.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

U take ur reader to another level..where the story is much more important than the arousal of sexual nature...u have the ability to arouse the mind and soul..wonderful..yesterday i read Rehab, which stayed with me throughout the day..and made me feel a better human..today i read this....hats off to u for what u are...truly blessed..

Btrying2Btrying2over 2 years ago

This was a great story. I loved the interplay if the characters and then the amazing coincidence at the store. Simply a stroke of genius. I read The Rehab some time back and over time found I like Dreamcloud’s writing. I’m now reading through the stories I have not already read. Super author hate he no longer posts here on LW. John.

dgfergiedgfergieabout 2 years ago

I had read this before and it's just as humorous now and always will be. It is a small world though.

tsgtcapttsgtcaptabout 1 year ago

Fun! Even on multiple reads...thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Too funny. And you are right. It is possible and fun for all.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The twists in this story were totally believable. In fact they brought all your stories up a notch with this one as a filter for the others. A very well done tale.

Bill S.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Scraping the bottom of your literary boat on the rocks and shoals of poor grammar certainly does detract from what otherwise is a pleasant story cruise, but those are small fry compared to repeated egregious misspellings (i.e. masterbate) or poor word choice (lose vs loose).

On the other hand, writers say that when you wind up with a different story than you intended when first putting pen to paper (or fingertips to keys), them you never had to story fixed in your mind at the outset. The fact that you wound up with an enjoyable tale at the end is a reflection of your ability to wing it - acceptable for a short story but whole unsuitable for longer work which demand structure to which the characters adhere and support, not hijack.

AnonymousAnonymous1 day ago

This really needs a part 2 with him writing a hot sex scene involving harnesses and upside down copulation on a rocky ledge overlooking the rim of an active volcano and just as they are getting to the climax there's a rumbling from the depths of the crater. He then gets the edited reply from Julie with an attachment taking him to a website for a holiday in Hawaii............ 😂😂 or something similar. What a wonderfully amusing story. Absolutely loved it. BardnotBard

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous