All Comments on 'Top 12 Signs Your Lesbian Erotica'

by LesbianChickLit

Sort by:
  • 52 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I have seen them all...

... in various stories, and you are spot on. Brilliantly exposed, now I'll read every story to spot these screw ups and determine for myself before hitting the bio page.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Excellent.

Perfect - please do the persistent hymen myth next...or the obvious vaginal contractions during orgasm...or squirting....or...

ClanatClanatover 9 years ago
Agreed

I am not female, nor do I typically frequent the lesbian sex category, but I definitely enjoyed this and hate seeing these things in straight works as well (and see most of them far too often). Really? Why do I need to know her measurements as the first thing I find out about the female interest? Or worse, sometimes that's the most original part of the character.

Thanks for the laugh!

HeisenhugHeisenhugover 9 years ago
Wait...

"as though lesbianism were a doomsday cult or a pyramid scheme always seeking new members. "

You mean it isn't? What about all these application forms promising awesome sex followed by awesome snuggle time?

Next you're going to tell me there isn't a secret gay agenda to take over the world through systematic infiltration of the fashion industry... I have my stylish tinfoil hat and matching accessories to protect me from them though, they'll never get meeee -ah crap.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Ha! I was just thinking about this topic the other day. That this story was written by a guy. I tend to think that many stories written here are by guys who have little actual sexual experience. Then you have stories, usually well done, by older pansexual men who hang with a crowd that swaps sexual identities regularly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
I was

hooked on nr.1. Was this something you threw together in pure frustration after browsing the Lesbian Sex category (could totally relate to that, seeing as this summarized 98% of my experience with browsing stories in the LS category) , or have you been planning this submission for some time? Interesting initiative, god knows someone had to say it. Hilarious!

jaybird1944jaybird1944over 9 years ago
What's even more impressive...

is that all of your stories but one are rated HOT (and that 1 missed by just a little). Even though I'm a straight male, numbers 1, 4, 6, 7, 8 & 12 do resonate.

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
Amusing insights without a speculum

Smartly diagrammed LCL. I have also noticed a number of allegedly Lesbian stories on this site. Where the characters and the plots ring false. If the character first of all does not sound like a woman (& I've known a lot of women in my time) how is any of the rest of that story to be believable?

And then the stories tend to be repetitious, lacking humor and excruciatingly, tediously boring.

As for your other point the incest theme is a common subconscious current throughout many male writers postings to this site. Especially to feed the addiction of their fans in the Loving Wives genre for stories about the Saintly Man destroyed by the Evil Wife. Only to be rescued by a young clone of the BTB trolls mothers.

It pestered at me, how falsely the dialogues of the LW genre characters sounded when spoken outloud. So, I was inspired...

...To conduct an experiment where I took a sample of popular LW stories and reversed the dialogue spoken by the opposing genders .

That the mistreated fictional male character was now speaking the female character's dialogue. And the monstrous Wife was speaking the dialogue of the male characters.

It becomes obvious that the writers and their fans are suppressing deep rooted homosexual self-loathing and insecurity. I call them 'spelunkers'. Cause they are so deep into the closet they'd need to rappel out. If they ever had the courage to climb.

FiveWolvesFiveWolvesover 9 years ago
Separate categories, dammit!

This is great - and exactly on point. I so wish there could be separate categories for Lesbian Erotica for Women and Lesbian Erotica for Men. It would make me a much happier Lit reader. Alas, it will never be.

LesbianChickLitLesbianChickLitover 9 years agoAuthor

Thanks all. TAF, my girlfriend had to work and I was a bit tipsy and looking for something to read. Then I clicked away from terrible story after terrible story and eventually found one so ludicrous that I couldn't stop laughing. I'd talked with other LS readers about this before though.

FiveWolves, there's talk of a bisexual category that I think would be more clear and effective.

MaryAndersonMaryAndersonover 9 years ago
Thanks for your comment on Amber's New Job and

this entertaining entry. What you wrote about the lesbian category in regard to Amber made perfect sense. Not only hadn't I thought about it, I probably would never have. I shall keep it in mind in the future. The entry above was great. If I ever try to tackle a true lesbian story I will try to abide by its strictures. I look forward to reading more of your material.

furetofuretoover 9 years ago
Funny because it's true

I don't even read a lot in the Lesbian category, and a lot of this rang true anyhow.

I am just mystified by the overall overwhelming popularity of Incest. It just doesn't do it for me. Part of that I think goes to the core of what I think you're saying here, that verisimilitude (or at least plausibility) is key to both the quality of the story and its hotness. Yes, I understand, writing especially here is fantasy, but it's a turnoff when lesbians reveal themselves as faux because they're dudes, or an encounter couldn't have happened that way because our knees don't bend backwards, or when the incest is 99.9 percent impossible because the family members grew up together instead of meeting later in life as adults.

You have to be a really good writer to make violations of reality work (like PacoFear on incest, for instance). And most writers here just aren't that good. This particular kind of writer you're talking about is too busy getting off on his own bizarro ideas to pay attention to something actually interesting outside himself ... which is both offensive and unbelievably tedious.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Well done

Coming from a guy, you hit the nail on the head. It's clear that many male writers just want to write schlock involving lesbians and that they don't give a damn about writing stories that make sense or stories that have women who have any characterization besides "hot woman who likes women." I mean, sure, I'm not expecting a classic of literature but if you put some effort into your story and it makes sense then that makes the parts that are erotic that much more powerful.

PS: I'll admit that #12 is my guilty pleasure. I know it's stupid as hell and it's turning the women into sex zombies but...FUCK, I can't help it.

LesbianChickLitLesbianChickLitover 9 years agoAuthor
To the Anonymous Who Likes #12

You have no reason to feel guilty. It's apparently a very common male fantasy.

I can tell you though that just about the very last thing I want to hear from a woman I've taken to bed is, "Wow, I have got to do THAT again...with any woman in the world except you."

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
Love the list and the humour contained there in

Unfortunately it is those same authors, at whom this list is directed, who will never read it.

One comment about stories written by women about women, they tend to be the most romantic on this, and any other site.

MissLisaJonesMissLisaJonesover 9 years ago
#4 is my bugbear

Men tend to forget that the lesbian definition of beauty is not necessarily the same as men's. Count the number of true butch characters and it's nearly zero - but maybe that's because I have a thing for butches!

LesbianChickLitLesbianChickLitover 9 years agoAuthor
Ladies and Gentlemen, MissLisaJones

MissLisaJones is the only author (that I know of) to successfully break rule #3 and have a stronger and more believable lesbian sex story BECAUSE it includes repeated rape/prostitution by men.

nikkysgnikkysgover 9 years ago
just saying

ok so what if they are written by males... when im aroused i dont mind the small details and lets be truthful most of you dont care too :-*

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Guys and their fantasies.

Your 12 step program was a good read. Dammit.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Most "lesbians" are dudes

Really, on Literotica, aren't most "female" lesbian authors dudes? I think so.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
More for your list

I hate being lied to and wish there were separate categories. However, the category of stories by actual female authors would be really small.

You should include items:

13 - the actual sex happens before page 6

And

14 - sex is described as how it felt physically rather than how it made you feel

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Ding!

Don't know why, but I read this in the Cinemasins guy's voice, complete with Dings.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
women

spend most of their free time HAVING lesbian sex, instead of writing about it

~explaining the boring ammount of male writers who dabble in the genre (or think they do)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Number 13 & 14

Its a male author when...every orgasm ends in squirting enormous puddles of cum and the clit is referred to as a pet name like the "little man"! (There actually is a story on here that uses that reference!)

LesbianChickLitLesbianChickLitover 8 years agoAuthor
Smokey125...

Firstly, I clearly hit a sore spot and I assure you it wasn't intentional. Nor was it meant to be a specifically sexist rant. Literary critiques frequently evaluate an author's ability to write characters of the opposite sex, just as authors are evaluated on authenticity involving any other subculture to which they don't belong personally. I could have just as easily written "Top 12 Signs Your Lesbian Erotica Was Written by a Bi-Curious Chick," but, then, I kinda like those ;)

As to the "signs" I mentioned, I'd say they're mostly symptomatic of a combination of two underlying causes that detract from the reading experience, for me at least. One, many lit writers (certainly including me in some entries) write personal fantasies instead of standard fiction. Two, since lesbian sex excludes cis men by definition, the lesbian sex fantasies written by cis men tend to feel voyeuristic in tone regardless of narrator POV. I have more difficulty engaging in that type of story because my interest in lesbian sex is not external in nature. (I say cis men because a number of MtF readers have told me they imagine themselves into one or more characters in the scenes, which strikes me as a similar internal mindset.)

LcnmdLcnmdabout 8 years ago
Giggle...

Giggle thrice...

Areala-chanAreala-chanover 7 years ago
So True

Thanks for the wonderful laugh on a cold winter evening. I don't have any problem with guys writing lesbian fiction, just as I don't have problems with women writing gay fiction, but holy cow, make it a little less obvious please, gents. *LOL* :D

thedemonIxthedemonIxabout 7 years ago
Holy shit... SO true...

And unfortunately the (almost hilarious) stigma carries over into real life... Until I correct the situation swifty... (And ladies? You not really bi if you're only having that threesome JUST to impress your boyfriend... Damn...)

theMasterBaitertheMasterBaiteralmost 7 years ago
Thanks!

As an entitled old white dude who is getting ready to write a lesbian sex scene for the first time, this is (you hope) very helpful.

SilentmoonSilentmoonalmost 7 years ago

I understand most of your list is "pun intended" and what you are trying to express, however as a lesbian whose interest was let down by many stories in this site because of several items on your list, I do and I really enjoy the cliché naive "straight" girl seduction stories and the incest ones.

It's just fiction, I have experienced enough myself to know that very little stories are loyal to cannon (real life) so I can set my mind appart.

We can relate to porn as well, most of girl on girl porn is aimed towards male audiences and I think is fine, to me it's just tasteless and boring, unless I really really like one of those girls performing, but then you also have some porn companies that work with real bi or lesbian girls that aren't just gay for pay and at least they pay attention to details and the build up which is so important, if you are into women, no matter if you are a lesbian, bi or just curious, you can tell the difference, sometimes more than others of course. There is also the case of just sexual stories and more erotic and romantic ones, I love them both, but personally a romantic one I like them with many parts since I can't buy a 3 page love story. (My favorite one is a 32 part love and sex story in a spanish website, perhaps you'd love it but I don't know if you know the language)

I swear I can read and get really arouse by a story with five pages which four and a half of then being just the sexual tension and the build up. Straight girl going lesbo within two days and/or a page of meeting the double-D lesbian nympho lady killer who bangs every woman in her city it's plain wasted potential for it might as well have been a nice story. Yet fetishes and whatever gets us wet can be infinite and by lack of Mom/daugther incest stories I tried some straight incests ones and they were fine, to me that's the link you were wondering in one of your items.

Im a girl who likes girls but also so many other things and that's the wonderful of the human being, and sexuality as well.

PD: I don't know if you care about feedback or read the comments but I stumbled upon your profile today and this article catched my interest and wanted to reply you :). Keep your amazing work.

Camera ObscuraCamera Obscuraover 6 years ago
100% Yes.

A lot of these trouble me when stumbling across (bad) lesbian erotica. This one in particular always makes me cringe: “The object of her lust will automatically be a predatory lesbian willing to ignore any consequences of her end to seduce the neophyte”

Thanks for the LOLz!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
So funny

And i'm a guy. Ha ha

Thumper3340Thumper3340almost 6 years ago
5 🌟

This is hilarious

Fereniki_AlexandrouFereniki_Alexandroualmost 6 years ago
Unbelievably accurate

Number one is something I have noticed about stories of all erotic genres on this site and it really baffles me. Why the fuck do people feel the need to give the characters' exact bra sizes? My view is that, if there's a detail about a character's appearance that a person can't immediately know just by looking at them, then it doesn't belong in a description of the character.

I'd actually never thought about number six, but it's so true. Reminds me of how the ancient Greeks and Romans seriously imagined lesbians as women with outrageously engorged clitorises who would sodomize each other, or even boys. There's an epigram by the first-century Roman poet Martial where he says: "That tribade Philaenis sodomizes boys, and with more rage than a husband in his stiffened lust, she works eleven girls roughly every day." He's clearly not talking about pegging, so my question is "How... exactly?" I guess men have been at this sort of bad anatomy for two thousand years, so there's no stoppin' 'em now.

As for your question in number ten, I don't know. If I were a Freudian, my guess would be Oedipus complex, but frankly I think that Freud was a misogynistic idiot who didn't really know what he was talking about so he just made up whatever pseudoscientific bullshit he could think of. (How else does one explain "penis envy"?)

I laughed out loud at number twelve because I've seen *so* many stories where this has happened. I think it's paranoia; they're afraid that women'll all turn into lesbians so they write god-awful stories about lesbians trying to "convert" as many other women as possible because it helps soothe their wounded masculine egos.

Oz_JohnOz_Johnover 5 years ago

It is so easy to recognise your list in a number of stories. It is both funny and insightful!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
re: 12

Well it's either move on to other women or pay a premium for one of the limited Uhaul trailers available...

I'll see myself out.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Sexist and ignorant.

What a dumb little waste of time.

alexwatson62alexwatson62over 4 years ago
HILARIOUS AND SADLY ACCURATE.............

but you actually missed the worst error ........... "as my/her tongue flicked across her/my G spot".

THAT is categorically the number one reason an up until then decent story loses all interest I had in it.

JendehJendehover 4 years ago
Absolutely nailed it

If there is one dealbreaker on this list, it's #1. If you are telling me a woman's breast size in letters then you are absolutely identifying yourself as a dude. Additionally, if the woman is staring in a mirror and contemplating her breasts that is also a sure sign. I feel like the likelihood of this happening is akin to guys standing in front of a mirror and examining the plumpness and sag of their testicles.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Other possible signs

Lack of foreplay & an obsession with anal sex seem to be common in male-written lesbian erotica. I mean, I'm sure some ladies are into anal, but are *all* of them into super-rough ass play and ATM? I don't know, but I'm not interested in tasting my own butt. And what the hell is "ass juice?"

AABBL1718AABBL1718over 3 years ago

Spot on!! I am a guy who reads this stuff and I find that there is often a “tell” that the person is a guy writing a lesbian story. I then go to the writer page and if a guy I instantly stop reading. There are some that are very well written but something is not right. And those who chose not to reveal their gender I don’t read at all.

julianmarquezjulianmarquezover 3 years ago

Four of these are common to all erotica, specially that written by, appropriately enough, women.

The others, ALL of them, I've seen in the (admittedly little, with my being gay and all) lesbian fanfiction I've read; most of which is written by more than likely straight female preteens/teenagers. The tropes are even more obvious when one of the characters wasn't actually a lesbian in canon.

It's appropriate that this article in itself is very common in subject and structure. I've read many like this from man-hating lesbians, though fortunately not here and obviously with less explicit subject matters. Of course, I gotta admit that this one is my fault, I knew what I was gonna find when I clicked, guess the category gave me false hope.

This should be in "reviews and essays", that way everyone would know not to open it.

PanzerFeckPanzerFeckover 2 years ago

Got a good giggle out of this, I'm no doubt guilty here and there. This is great advice for anyone interested in putting their thoughts into written word.

okami1061okami1061almost 2 years ago

While each and every one of these can be debated (she pretty much says that at the end), this *is* in the humor category. So, lighten up. If she were dead serious it *would* be in the reviews category.

For myself, it's much easier to tell which gender wrote a story by just getting the emotional feel of a "journey" (female) and not following a relatively straight path to a "destination" (male).

UncertainTUncertainTover 1 year ago

That was too funny to be serious and to serious to be funny. I laughed and cringed alternately. Well played!

GreatOak678GreatOak678over 1 year ago

Well done. Both entertaining and true. The bottom line is that women write better lesbian fiction than do men and the best lesbian stories are written by lesbians or bisexual women.

LilkahunaLilkahunaabout 1 year ago

You are too smart for your own good. Howeve,r as a male who enjoys good lesbian stories, I can almost always tell when one is written by a man...and I don't like it. Your observations are very good but also very funny. Why did you give up submitting stories? Too many of my favorite authors have disappeared the last few years. Covid?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

I am a male, and I have been with many women in my life. Was married and had sex with women of all ages. I have a problem believing that women will write stories about lesbian sex and almost all of the participants will always gush huge amounts of "Come", splashing and soaking their faces, bed, and that the "Come" is thick hot and White.! That is pure BS. How this fallacy has invaded the stories here is beyond reality and has me thinking that very few women have written these stories. If women "Gushed" huge amounts of so called "Come" all over their beds, making messes that have to be cleaned up, there would not be any couples or marriages that lasted. Every woman I have been with, with the exception of one, never Gushed out Come, and only one released a little squirt of urine due to a control issue. Fantasy should not be confused with reality. If a pussy discharge is white and thick, it is most likely a yeast infection and that is not pleasant tasting or smelling.!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Agree with most of that. Here, have some signs that stories were written by a lesbian:

- Straight men don't exist in the world, their characters aren't fleshed out or they are bigots, sexists, insert trope here

- Straight women don't exist in the world or aren't fleshed out at all.

- Every single woman who has ever had sex with both sexes saw the light with women. Coping for some bi-curious inflicted trauma, are we?

- Every woman in the protagonist's circle of friends is stunningly beautiful, no woman is ever average or even ugly.

- protag and LI fall madly and completely in love in a matter of hours/days. Uhaul much?

- Excessive focus on sexual technique instead of what actually makes sex great (lesbian or straight) which is psychology embedded in trust and intimacy.

- Insistence that indiscriminate promiscuity is not bad for you (for your mental health, your ability to compromise, and so forth) Strongly correlated to the prior point...

- A hyperfeminine protagonist gets in a confrontation with a male cardboard cutout villain and threatens him with violence (Seriously, watch commentary by female UFC fighters on the subject. You're being exceptionally naive. Don't ever square up with a dude, it'll end badly for you)

- LIs are only submissive and shy when they were somehow damaged in their past

- All women in the story are college educated and financially solid except for the subby LI. Apparently, all lesbians who work in low-paying occupations are submissive damsels in distress in dire need of saving.

- Women in general and lesbians specifically are constantly being bullied by evil men. Women don't bully ever? Really? You girls must have lived some sheltered life if that's been your experience.

Starburst8865Starburst8865about 1 year ago

Does it really matter if the story was written by a guy... or "dude" as you call it? "Dude" usually refers to white/caucasian male, but you might just mean any male?

I think the story should be judged by how well it's written and it has fetishes/kinks and stuff that you, the reader, likes. Not judge it based on the genitals of the writer.

Just because you enjoy or even masturbate to a lesbian story written by a male author, doesn't mean you're having sex with the author. I personally do not care of the gender of the author, but rather just if the story is good or not. If I like a story, I'm not going to suddenly change my mind and not like it just because it was written by a guy.

Polly_DollyPolly_Dolly11 months ago

Well shit, I figured all these stories were written by dudes…

Kidding! For all you literalists.

Really some pretty trenchant commentary in that piece.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userLesbianChickLit@LesbianChickLit
1011 Followers
Looking for beta readers for drafts of new Arete chapters (different narrator, not Taiglox) in revision. If you've time to read and lend a critical eye, please let me know?