All Comments on 'Gloria's Daughter Ch. 02'

by IanSaulWhitcomb

Sort by:
  • 19 Comments
trysttrystover 9 years ago
There are only 5 stars available

Utterly. Fucking. Brilliant. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Real hot love story

Well done Ian I really could imagine my self being with GLORIA Ten Bears43

HeadguyHeadguyover 9 years ago
Loving it

Pitch perfect! Looking forward to the third chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Excellent.

Loved it. Looking forward to the next installment.

DonnaBeckDonnaBeckover 9 years ago
5 stars!

I love this story, IanSaulWhitcomb. I really do.

furetofuretoover 9 years ago
This story is absolutely wonderful

Thank you for gifting it to us.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 9 years agoAuthor
Thanks for all the praise, everyone!

Now I feel really under pressure about chapter 3!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Sublime

xxxhugsxxx

LindaMariaLindaMariaover 8 years ago
So tempting to make the food delivery as more roleplay

One clever way to avoid the "what if someone's already at the house?" question... show up dressed as an employee of the restaurant which prepared the meal. That way, if you are turned away, you can plausibly claim that you're at the wrong house.

My first reaction was "roleplay this as if you're the pizza man" but on second thought a few regional chains like "St. Hubert" or "Au Coq" employ goofy franchise branding which would be perfect for this - something like a Foghorn Leghorn style oversize cartoon rooster posed on a blindingly-yellow bright background grinning hysterically as the restaurant's logo and the dinner that shows up at the door actually is poultry.

Another option would be "Denny's" as the restaurant. :)

Even if it's not needed as a pretext to deliver food, it'll still get a smile out of the lady.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 8 years agoAuthor
@LindaMaria

Super-fun ideas! I'm not sure any of them would occur to Denny in his overanxious state, but who knows what he'll figure out for next Thanksgiving ...

: )

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
love the realism

Very good writing

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 7 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (love the realism)

Thanks! Knowing that makes me smile!

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Yes, I think this story is realistic!

Yes, a realistic story, but also a bit cruel since Gloria does not want to hurt Denny by her profession (I begin to have real doubts about that profession), prefers to leave things as they are (for me, that is cruel if Really feel love for each other).

But I also think if this is not a test to see if Kaylee accepts Denny in her relationship with Gloria (and maybe in her life?).

We will see the next chapter as the story follows.

5 * for you.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 7 years agoAuthor
@TheOldRomantic

Realism isn't always my goal, but this particular story compelled me to work for more believability than most of my work. I started it off planning to write a silly comedy, but the characters developed so quickly and strongly in my head that it went in a more realistic direction.

I'm glad you liked it that way!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
frustrating

Not sure whether to smile at the progress or frown at the sad truths.

He's trapped as much as - if not more than - she is.

It's a very well written story with one of the more complex and lovely relationships I've encountered.

J

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombabout 6 years agoAuthor
@Anonymous (frustrating)

Glad you appreciate the complexity of the relationship, but sorry I’ve frustrated you! Hopefully the last chapter eases some of that frustration...

Thanks for reading!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I am enjoying this so far through the two chapters I've read...but Gloria seems like a very selfish mother without regard for her daughter emotionally. Daughter has made it clear multiple times that she is disgusted and is sad her mother is a hooker. Gloria casts those feelings aside quite easily. Like I said, I am enjoying the story. Just had to say my two cents on Gloria.

IanSaulWhitcombIanSaulWhitcombover 2 years agoAuthor

@Anonymous (I am enjoying ...):

thanks for letting me know. I think one of the important elements in this story is that Gloria has built up some mental walls as defense mechanisms. One of those is undoubtedly to view Kaylee's objections to her work as typical mother/daughter conflict and the contrariness people of Kaylee's age often take on when learning about their parents' fallibility. By dismissing her daughter's concerns as normal teenage resentment, she's better able to avoid facing up to things about her work that could easily weigh a person down. Another defense mechanism is that she doesn't feel she financially has much choice about things.

As you may have seen in part three by now, both Kaylee and Gloria have some fact-facing to do!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userIanSaulWhitcomb@IanSaulWhitcomb
959 Followers
Update 04/21/20: The e-book version of The Inn releases this Friday and can be pre-ordered now! For more details, see my Twitter at @coolgasmic! Thank you all very much for all the support and positive feedback! I really do appreciate it more than I can say. Bio: I blog, I...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES