All Comments on 'Red Callum, Sweet Cate'

by Bramblethorn

Sort by:
  • 14 Comments
KethandraKethandraover 9 years ago
Great Halloween poem!

Very fun and creepy too. You managed to make the rhymes not sound forced and the story flow with the verse. Five stars.

ILienBagbyILienBagbyover 9 years ago
A Fresh (nice?)

take on e.horror. Enjoyable, but the story has forever put me off of sleeping in a crypt.

LaRascasseLaRascasseover 9 years ago
Well elocuted

First of all, props to such an inventive Halloween story. Few would try it in a contest.

I liked the rhyming meter, sometimes going with couplets, sometimes four lines. It had everything from fun to horror. The elocution was good, with correct emphasis and release where needed.

BramblethornBramblethornover 9 years agoAuthor

I would hate to spoil anybody's crypt-sleeping fun! Just, you know, check up on your partner first and make sure she's not one of the ravening undead.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

I didn't think it was possible to be turned on and scared shitless at the same time.

Kingswoman has such a great voice and it pairs with your writing very well.

sopharoonessopharoonesover 9 years ago
wow

ill be quite honest & say i dont go for erotic poetry at all but that was great. Sometimes i felt the rhythm was off just in a few spots of character dialogue but otherwise 4 stars for some fantastic effort

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
oooh awesome

I really loved the gore :)

Sammael BardSammael Bardalmost 9 years ago
Wow.

All I can is...wow.

Wow at your skills, the embedded story within the poem, the goriness, and KingsWoman's voice. It was brilliant, and I loved the visceral description, [but the eye winking from the nipple didn't scare me much ;) ] I'm a big fan of Horror stories, but this submission is something else entirely.

I don't know what else to say. I love poems that rhyme and tell a story at the same time. You just nailed the head with this one. Thanks for sharing. Too bad I don't read contest stories, else my 5 star would've been worth it.

Regards,

Bard.

legerdemerlegerdemerover 8 years ago
Loved it

I LOVED the story and the poetic form of it - very well done! (And I am not a horror fan at all - but it intrigued me and sucked me in, so to speak.)

In some places I thought the reading was a tad rushed - not enough pausing between the end of one phrase and the start of the next. But having read some poetry myself, I appreciate how hard it is to get it perfect, and how many takes this must have represented.

5*, hands down, hats off!

JuanaSalsaJuanaSalsaover 2 years ago

This is great! Hilarious and gruesome and fun. The text alone is fantastic, and made me have to dig out head phones to listen to the audio. I'm so glad I did. What a great reading!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Playfully grotesque. I loved it!

djripdjripover 1 year ago

This was great! Loved it

stickygirlstickygirlabout 1 year ago

Oh, this was a joy. What a gem - thank you!

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Callum nor Cate,

Sadly, neither "the great"

A tale of woe, mayhaps spun from a foe,

Of LOVE, and instead, an agent of hate.

For history and victory, too true, are one,

But the truth, so rarely provided by those that "won",

Forsooth, indeed, 'tmight be,

The "pure of the marsh" is the most untrustworthy.

Uncomprehending and jealous, however poetic....

May still inevitably rhyme with the above.

Because rumors are tumors,

And light need not guide by force,

But likely, I take an unrelated course.

My thinking of what this poetry states,

Is so far from what Frosts Roads,

And the significance of the less traveled, of fates.

For within this travel, always, an abode,

Awaits.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBramblethorn@Bramblethorn
817 Followers
Hi! Thanks for reading; I hope you find something in my work that interests you. Life has been very busy, and my writing has been one of the casualties. I have a couple of works in progress, no promises on when they'll be ready. If you want to know when I have a new story ou...