All Comments on 'The Viscounts Daughter'

by Kezza67

Sort by:
  • 29 Comments
ag2507ag2507over 9 years ago
Brill

As ever. I occasionally dream of publishing Abby. This story would certainly expand somewhat with a couple of Alarums and Escursions before the end but it is still a good yarn.

A

sferguson53sferguson53over 9 years ago
Outstanding!

What a wonderful story. I think it would make a splendid movie, or mini-series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Wow!

Damn, you're good!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Apostrophes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Another lovely story, marred by one thing.

Given your obvious affection for all things English & your love for its correctness & courtesies - how in God's name have you published a story with such an ungrammatical title?

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Splendid

As always with this author, this is beautifully done. A delightful novella.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
great story

What a terrific story, must have taken a long time to write! Keep up the great work!!

Nutty.

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
Wonderful Tale

I admit that I would love to read your work on my Kindle. Hint: go commercial!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago

Good story and good plot as usual, you create nice characters. It’s a great pleasure to read you when you don’t try to insert dialogs in a foreign language.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
A very well done story

This is no doubt a very good story, with great main charecters , however unfountantly I lost quite a deal of interest into the story due to andrea's hiding of the daughter from richard for most her life, I feel that as wrong on soo many levels and frankly consider her a bitch for it, as her only reasoning for denying a father his child was she didn't want to ruin her already lifeless marriage as it woylnt be proper, the whole point of a good story is to put yourleves in the characters life, and for me personally I simply could not comprehend how Richard didnt have even the slightest anger for such an act, as I would never have gotten with her after discovering such betrayal let alone not making any mention or fuss of it whatsoever, if not for this flaw I consider this a very well written story worthy of high praise

teedeedubteedeedubover 9 years ago
Fantastic

Wonderful Romance story. Great characters. Thanks for sharing......

aegrisomnia456aegrisomnia456over 9 years ago
Paternity & marriage--English style

Traditionally, among the upper classes in England, marriage has always been about duty and keeping up the façade. Until recently, getting a divorce was almost impossible unless you were willing to go through a ghastly scandal, for this group literally a fate worse than death. Keeping things locked away for the sake of the marriage was completely in character for a viscount's daughter and the wife of a wealthy, reputation-sensitive business man. It was exactly what Richard would have expected her to do, and why he could so readily join in a conspiracy to preserve both Andrea's promise and Charles' dignity. He could understand their positions perfectly.

Dubby49Dubby49almost 9 years ago
A Marvellous Story

I particularly enjoy the wealth of detail you put into your stories and descriptions of the Devon area. The descriptions of India are a little stereotyped and possibly meant for a British readership. A luxury hotel in Jaipur in a former palace would definitely not have a shower which did not work or one with discharged tepid water.

I studied in a sister institution of the one which provided the extras for Scorn. It's five years younger than the one you used and located in South India at an altitude of 7000+ feet. No snow however. I'm going up tomorrow to attend the 158 annual day celebrations and my class' 50th reunion. Meera's views on education of females are not typical. My daughter is a PhD and most of my friends' daughters are post graduates and working.

Keep writing. I look forward to your next story.

loveoverlustloveoverlustalmost 9 years ago
Long & Prejudiced ?

It was, as usual, a typically excellent Kezza67 story until the reunion between Andrea, Charlie & Rich.The story could have easily ended there, after adding a few details about they being one happy family in the end.

All the prolonging after that was unnecessary & somewhat boring. A short Epilogue could have easily done the same job.

I am not complaining about the length per se. In fact, ABBY is amongst the best stories I have ever read. Its more about the pages that do not add much to the story.

Also, as @Dubby49 has suggested your views on India were typically stereotyped. Actually to me they seemed a bit prejudiced. A typical western view of a century old India.

Memsahib? Now who the hell uses that word in modern India.

Come on K67 we are in the 21st cen. now. There are at least half a dozen Indian women in Key Management positions in Corporate U.S.of America alone.

However, I think, I should be highly obliged that you didn't bring in the Snake Charmers or the Great Indian Rope Trick in the milieu.

Shouldn't I ?

LOL.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
DeBrett would have a heart attack

Why would the townspeople have chosen to call her by an improper address, and why did she ever respond to it? Titled people can be pretty particular, and I'm sure any girl who really should have "Lady" before her name would be pissed about hearing a viscount's daughter referred to thusly.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Fizzled out

engaging in the most

enchanting in places

very enjoyable to read

5 stars

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Lovely story

I like this story to munch.

Maybe, the description of India is a little stereotyped, actually, the best IT Universities are in the India, but women are relegated to serve men's in the rural areas, and, sometimes, in the city's also.

One thing that I don´t understood is why Charles need 11 years to recognize that Charlotte is not his daughter, her brown eyes are present from the date of the birth. I remember when my son was born, the nurse tell me that I don´t have a son, that I have a photocopy of me... :).

I´m joking, of course.

I suppose that the difference between English customs and my country makes the difference.

For me, this is a great Brit story.

5* for you.

I apologize for my English, is not my native language.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
1* Star !

Mindless garbage !

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
THANK YOU

Most of the way thru the first page it looked very good, then you saved me. I'm a slow reader so 16 computer pages was a challenge, but I know your a good author. I stopped reading with the hero's comment he was going to college in DRAMA. I care about and respect actors almost as much as crack whores walking the streets, ok not nearly as much as whores. You know why, they are the sorriest people on earth mostly and deserve no respect. young people worship them not knowing the absolute destruction they are doing to themselves...

Horseman68Horseman68over 6 years ago
Thank You For a Great Story. 🏆

Totally enjoyed this delightful story and it's winning characters. Having personal affinity for the Brits this was right down my lane. Have just found this author and intend to read all from this talent.

penneydog55penneydog55over 6 years ago
AN ABSOLUTE PLEASURE TO READ

My Friends one thing gets Me! The Anonymous Nazis! The Nit picking hecklers who claim to know everything about writing ! So they published their written diarrhea ! This is like a Drug to these Degenerates!

Having said that. NOT all anonymous users are the above!

Thanks for sharing this Fantastic story with us! WOOF ★★★★★

JOKE : Why did God create Man first? Because he couldn't stand a Woman telling (Nagging) Him how to create Man !!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Super job

Everyone of your Romantic Stories has been top notch. Keep up the great writing

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
The Future

Anxiously awaiting your next story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
India

I think your story was great with the entire romance theme. But your potrayal of India as an impoverished, castist regressive society if offensive on various levels. Also you should really visit India to understand that it no longer has crazy streets with animals on it.

Also Women have equal rights as men these days. It has progressed much more than what you must've heard of, especially the cliches of the perception of white people being of a caste higher than the locals.

AnnaValley11AnnaValley11over 5 years ago
Lost and found

I read this story, and loved it, shortly after I first found the Literotica website. However I was not a member at the time so could not save it to read it again.

It is a wonderful tale, which I had almost forgotten, but I am so glad I have rediscovered it.

Thank you for writing such a superb tale

TarlosoTarlosoover 4 years ago
Wonderful again

I've read this several times and I still enjoy it each time. A great story,well written and with good real characters in reality. Superb

DogmancyprusDogmancyprusalmost 4 years ago

Excellently written. The mention of Elstree brought back memories of my youth when my father worked at MGM studios on such films as "633 Squadron" "The dirty Dozen" and "2001 ". Elstree studios are actually in Boreham Wood and the Police Station was the Metropolitan Police "S" Division Headquarters until Hertsmere was handed over to Hertfordshire Constabulary on the re-alignment of Force boundaries.

Richard1940Richard1940over 2 years ago

Absofuckinglylutely fantastic

nighthawk22204nighthawk22204over 1 year ago

I like it a lot, but I find it a very tedious read, mainly because of the lack of decent punctuation, especially the paucity of commas, which are meant to be a reader's clue to conversational pauses, and without any commas, I find I have to re-read sentences to discover the inflections which I might hear if the author was speaking the sentence rather than merely writing it. But the story is very entertaining, although I am now over two days and barely one-third through it. So I am reflecting on what I might find in the chapters ahead. Richard has met and left behind a beautiful aristocrat who he later rediscovered and bred in a whimsical fashion and then again left behind. Now he is a father and property owner, apparently committed to his two true loves, one the mother of his daughter. Will she ever become his wife, or will he turn about this summer and leave her in Britain so he can take his teen daughter to LA and get her with his grandchild? Hmmm?

campomancampoman7 months ago

Loved your story!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous