All Comments on 'Emptied Purse'

by Spencerfiction

Sort by:
  • 30 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
perfect ending

Wow It works in so many ways!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
great stuff

I didn't see that coming. Great little story.

tazz317tazz317over 9 years ago
JUMP......JUMPING TO CONCLUSIONS

is for ever a dangerous sort of gossip. TK U MLJ LV NV

fanfarefanfareover 9 years ago
Been there...Done that!

Oh yeah! I learned the hard way, never to open the Holy of Holies without explicit directions for what I was permitted to retrieve.

My wife's purse was indeed an Inner Sanctum, as restricted of access as her vagina.

tbear69tbear69over 9 years ago
Didn't see that coming.

Great story and what a twisted ending.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanover 9 years ago
Given the category

the ending was obvious. But still a fun read...

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Cute

He deserves whatever happens next.

BfreetorunBfreetorunover 9 years ago
Well, since she was running with a whore she was probably fucking a different man.

He has gone this far, fuck it, he should just tough it out.

sinsational83sinsational83over 9 years ago
Nice

This was actually kind of a cool story the poor sap. LOL good job with this story.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Excellent

That's how you take care of a worthless cheating cunt. No mercy.

Five Stars

HoppydoodleHoppydoodleover 9 years ago
Fat chance/Fair chance

I said I would not read your stories again after Fat Chance, but I had a feeling about this one and really enjoyed it. Five stars. I think he did well. The only reason for a wife to go to a club without her husband is to cheat. Ditto for a cheating husband. Burn all cheaters to the ground.

rightbankrightbankover 9 years ago
I can't believe some of the posts

It wasn't his wife's purse, it wasn't her phone, it wasn't her pregnancy, the pictures were not of her boyfriend.

It was his knee jerk reaction and he will be the one paying the consequences.

read the story before commenting, you are no better than the husband who blew up before getting all the facts.

bruce22bruce22over 9 years ago
The hero lives in isolation.

He interpreted everything in the purse wrong and it seems to me most of the commentators got all wrong! Great Story.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbyloveover 9 years ago
Damn

I can't believe it. I got it wrong. It was the friends purse, not the wife's. I don't know what the fuck I read, but I must have been half-asleep when I read it. I say that because I don't drink. This is why it's in the Humor section, not in LW. Damn, now go find the cat.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Human nature, isn't it?

We often leap before we look.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceover 9 years ago
Hmmm... didn't think to just check the ID in the bag first...?

You're married to someone for years and rather than FIRST thinking the more likely thing of someone else's purse you automatically jump to a cheating spouse.

You get what you deserve in that case.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Wouldn't he know her purse?

I mean most men recognize the wife's purse unless they're totally oblivious to what's going on around them or their wife is a purse whore with dozens of purses. And amongst all that garbage that fell out where was her wallet with her driver's license? Just a couple of holes in this one.

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionabout 9 years agoAuthor
Know her purse?

Hi Anonymous, hopefully I can address your issues. My wife has two "everyday" purses, a green one if out shopping alone or with me, and a bigger black one with room for spare nappies, wipes, treats, drinks, etc, if we are looking after one or more of the grandkids. As for evening bags, my wife has an unknown number of other bags, which tend to match her shoes, dress, or eyeshadow for all I know. If I am working nights or at a football match and have no idea what she was wearing when she left the house, I couldn't even guess the colour or style of her bag. As for driving licence and ID, in the UK we haven't have IDs since about 1955 and have no legal requirement to carry a drivers licence; if we are stopped by police we have 7 days to present our documents to a police station of our choice.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
Sooooooo Not Funny

horrified

speechless

appalled

dismayed

stunned

........

so ok , why am i still smiling and laughing 15mins after reading this story...

omg so easily done , there but for the grace of

loveoverlustloveoverlustover 8 years ago
emptied purse & an empty brain

Poor sod. I bet this will be the first day of his new life.

A nice parody on the overkill common to the l.w. genre.

Trust is not a laughing matter, it's said. How true.

Spencerfiction, you should safely 'purse' the 5* you've been given. :-).

SpencerfictionSpencerfictionover 7 years agoAuthor
Re the author's conment of 1/29/15

No ID necessary in the U.K., it is after all a free country. Pubs require those looking under 18 to provide proof before buying achohol, but if you are over 16 alcohol can be bought for you.

If caught speeding (and our speeding rules allow you to exceed the speed limit by 10% plus 1 before persecution, so in a 50mph zone you can do 56mph and in a 60mph zone 67mph is acceptable. Of course you don't need your licence or insurance papers because all the details on on the police car's dashboard before they stop you, this is the 21st century for crying out loud!. If they are suspiscuous that you are not who you say you are, then you have 7 days to take your documents to a police station of your convenience. Isn't that civilised?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
GREAT STORY

She-it man! This is one funny story Thanks see ya!

timrivtimrivabout 6 years ago

😂🤣😂👍🏻

OvercriticalOvercriticalabout 6 years ago
Cute Story

But it really points out the message that you should never make assumptions about "obvious" evidence and should ask questions about what you don't know for sure.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Fuuucckkk itttt

Haha shit happens

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
UK not USA

Great story🤣. He is in deep sh*t. LOL.

UK: Handbag = US: Purse

UK: Purse = US: Wallet

There is no need to carry any ID, it is a free country.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 4 years ago
never jump to conclusions

A little bit of trust goes a long way, I knew the story was going that way it was way to obvious and besides what does revenge get you?......Good story though.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

LOL may as well move out now

rn2711rn2711almost 2 years ago

It was obvious from the start. I like to see an epilogue where his trying to explain...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userSpencerfiction@Spencerfiction
975 Followers
An old printer, typesetter, proofreader, local politician and activist. I write for pleasure only, an untrained writer too set in his ways to change or learn. I have courted and been wedded to the same impossible angel for over four decades, so I am an unremitted romantic. If ...