A Detective Story

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
IronDragon
IronDragon
1,612 Followers

I grabbed him by the hair and yanked hard, pulling him backwards and out of her. I then hit the nerve bundle between his neck and shoulder, and he folded like a bad Poker hand. He was still conscious, but unable to move.

"Doctor, my ex-wife never told you what I do for a living, did she?" I could see the confusion in his face. Sammie was glaring at me now, as if I had grown a third eye. "I'm a private detective, Doctor. I now have evidence of you attempting to cuckold me with my wife. Now I have the proof I need for an Infidelity divorce. I have video and audio. I also now have proof of Alienation of Affection and Malpractice." I grinned in triumph, then reached to my belt and drew my sidearm.

"See, you're a big man, Doctor. I might lose to you in a straight up fight. But Colonel Sam Colt makes all men equal in the eyes of God. You should be able to move in a moment. Once you can, get dressed, grab your whore, and get out of here." I said it calmly and evenly, which scared the living bejeezus out of both of them. I heard Sammie gasp. Good. I looked over at the woman who had just broken my heart. "Samantha, you need to get dressed, pack your shit, and get the fuck out."

"WHAT?!" She demanded.

"You heard me. I told you there would be consequences if you went through with this, and those consequences are going to be pretty bad." I felt detached. I felt as if my emotions weren't functioning as they should. "Those consequences start now. You will pack your things, put them in either your car or his SUV, and leave. I am going to call my attorney and have him draw up divorce papers. Then get a restraining order against you and the Good Doctor here. I'm just glad we don't have children, and DAMN glad that I will never be a father to YOUR children." I shook my head. "Sammie, you broke my heart. I hope it was all worth it for you." My voice cracked during that last sentence. "If lover boy here doesn't want anything to do with you, go stay with your folks."

Sammie's face went through a variety of emotions as she processed what I'd just told her. Her main emotion appeared to be confusion. "But Nick, don't you love me anymore?" She said in wide eyed innocent shock.

"Not after you willingly let another man, over my protests, take you in OUR MARITAL BED!" I shouted that last bit. "You have desecrated the vows we took on our wedding day, Samantha. Over MY PROTESTS, you shit all over everything we ever had." Yeah, I really let her have it this time. I wanted her to hurt. I wanted her to feel a measure of the pain in my heart when I figured out that she didn't love me anymore. "I can't believe that I never even knew you, Samantha." I was calling her by her full name, since I knew she hated it, and because she knew that I only called her that when I was angry. "Samantha, do you remember the talk we had shortly before we got married? The one about fidelity? Remember that one? The one where YOU said that you would not tolerate cheating! The one where YOU said you had Zero Tolerance for cheaters. Well, honey, THIS qualifies. I saw the wisdom in your words that day, and adopted YOUR philosophy."

Asshole stirred before she could reply, and appeared to be giving serious thought to jumping me. I stepped away from him, keeping Sam Colt trained on him. I also made sure I kept Samantha in my field of vision. "You're making a mistake, Mr. Carter. I'm going to press charges!" He sneered.

"No mistake. I caught you in bed with my wife, and thought she was being raped. Who are the cops going to believe? The respected private investigator who caught a rapist, or the man who claims it was all consensual. Look at Samantha, Doctor. Look at the anguish on her face. The anguish of being raped. It's a good thing I got here when I did, isn't it? Otherwise, you might have gotten away with it. Now, maybe I should call the police and report this!"

His face paled as he hesitated, then thought better about it. "Fine. No harm, no foul." He tried to chuckle, but it fell flat. "No charges."

I noticed that he STILL hadn't mentioned his wife. That was interesting. He probably thought he was keeping a secret from me, and I would allow him that illusion... for now. I had to prod him a little, though.

"I'm sure the News stations are going to love this one, though! P.I.'s wife caught in bed with her psychologist. Story at Eleven." I shook my head with a disgusted look on my face. That was when he blanched.

"No! You can't go public with this!" He nearly shouted. He was dressing quickly, making sure he had everything he came in with. "Please! Don't go public with this!" He was begging now. I had him.

"If you return ALL the fees my soon-to-be ex-wife paid you, I might consider it. I'm still pressing A of A and Malpractice against you, though." I said, backing him into a corner.

"Done! Anything you want!" He said with a panicked look in his eyes.

Anything I want? Oh, the possibilities. But no. I wanted him to know fear. I wanted him to feel the fear before the inevitable despair. The total devastation that his life was about to become. I was enjoying myself over this, and I felt no guilt about screwing him over as he had screwed me over. The difference was that while he had screwed my wife, I was going to screw his life. No lube. Sandpaper condom.

Once he was dressed, he ran from my bedroom and I heard the front door slam as he broke all land speed records getting away from me and my home. I looked at Samantha, and I could tell that she saw the malice in my eyes.

"Nick, we can get through this." She wheedled, crying crocodile tears. "Please, baby!"

"Where was the 'baby' when I got home, Samantha? Where was the love then?" I sneered. "Get dressed, get packed, and GET OUT!" I said. "You have an hour. Since Dr. Dickhead doesn't want anything more to do with you, I suggest your folks."

Samantha just looked at me in utter shock. She then started dressing and packing listlessly. I let her use all four of our suitcases, knowing that I was just going to buy new ones. I stepped into my Home Office and called the locksmith and the furniture store. I got the locksmith just as he was closing, but promised him a huge bonus to do a rush job on my locks. I then told the furniture store that I wanted a king size to replace our old queen size bed, sheets, comforter, and the whole nine. It was expensive, but worth it. He asked why I wanted the old bed thrown in my back yard, but I just told him that I wasn't paying him to ask questions. He picked up the tone in my voice and wisely shut his trap.

Samantha was packed in 55 minutes, and in a magnanimous gesture, I helped her take her suitcases out to her car. In other words, I threw them on the driveway by her car's trunk. I then walked back into the house and slammed the door behind me. I called Wes, and had him file for a restraining order with the a night court judge. I named both Samantha and Dr. Dennis Linder in my complaint. I then had him draw up Divorce papers, Alienation of Affection papers, and Malpractice papers.

An hour later, both the locksmith and the furniture guys were done, and I paid both with my credit card. I called the credit card company and canceled Samantha's cards. I then called the manager of my Bank at home and had him cancel Samantha's debit card. I gave no explanations, but as the primary on our accounts, I felt it necessary. I no longer trusted her.

For those who think I was going too far, fuck you.

I poured myself a couple shots of Chivas. Now, I'm usually a beer man, and I love beer beyond all other forms of drink. However, I needed something a bit stronger. So I poured my shots and sipped them as I thought about the train wreck that my marriage had turned into in such a short amount of time.

At around seven that night, I knew that I was about to lose it. I called Dani.

"Hola, jefe." Dani said.

"Hey yourself, Dani. I hate to call you after hours, but I'm going to need your help tonight." I said. I was proud that the two shots of Chivas hadn't impaired my judgment or slurred my words.

"What's wrong, Boss Man?" She asked. I never could put anything over on her.

"Well, it's complicated, and I don't want to tell you over the phone. Just come to my house." I said, feeling the walls start to crumble in my mind.

"Ok, jefe. I'll be right there." She Ended the call before I could respond. God bless that girl.

Ten minutes later, she was knocking on my door. I got up from where I'd been staring at the blank TV screen and went to answer it. As soon as I had the door open, Dani was throwing herself into my arms, hugging me tightly. She kicked the door shut behind her, then disengaged from our embrace long enough to throw the deadbolt.

When she turned back, she grabbed my hand and pulled me back towards the couch. She sat me down and sat next to me. "Ok, where's Sammie?" She asked, already having some inkling of what was going on. After all, Sammie's car wasn't in the driveway, and I wasn't as distraught as I would have been if she'd died. I looked into the deep brown pools of Dani's eyes.

"She's gone. Probably to her parents' place. She was cheating on me, Dani." I could no longer hold my tears in check as she put her arms around me and held me as I ruined her blouse with my tears. I clung to her desperately, just needing the human contact.

When I'd finally let it all out, Dani pushed me back gently and looked into my eyes. "Nick, listen to me. Are you absolutely sure that Sammie was cheating on you?"

Not trusting my voice, I instead pulled out my pocket recorder and hit Play as I set it on the coffee table. I then opened my cell and brought up the video and hit Play before handing it to her.

Dani watched and listened with growing horror in her eyes as I went and got two beers from the fridge. By the time I got back, dark fire was blazing in her eyes, and she had stopped both the recording and the video. I opened both Arrogant Bastard Ales and handed her one.

"¡Esa maldita perra pollas!" Dani finally exploded after taking a swig of the bitter Ale. 'That fucking cocksucking bitch'. Wow, Dani wasn't holding back! I cracked a wry smile at her words. Dani is loyal to a fault, and she's loyal to me. She took another long swig, then closed her eyes and breathed deeply several times.

"Nick, what are you planning?" She asked as she laid her hand on mine. "Because whatever it is, I want in."

"Nuclear strike on the doctor. I have reason to believe that MAYBE, Samantha was brainwashed. If so, I want to get her the help she needs." I said, my voice hoarse from the crying. If there was even the slightest possibility that the Asshole had somehow brainwashed or coerced her, I wanted to find out how. "But as for Doctor Dingleberry himself, I want him and all those around him to burn, except for his wife, who you met earlier at the office. Turns out she was right about him cheating, and it was with my own wife!"

"This is some fucked up shit, Nick." Dani shook her head in sympathy. "But ok. What's our first move?"

"Recon, of course." I managed a tight smile as I compartmentalized my feelings for the moment. Now that I was On The Job, it was easy to slip back into the Professional persona. "In a few hours, I'm going to pay his office a little visit. If you have a problem with Breaking and Entering, you don't have to come."

"Fuck that! I told you I'm in, jefe. I'm in it to win it, and you know I don't back down." She smiled at me, then leaned forward and hugged me tight. "I know Sammie, Nick. I've known her almost as long as I've known you. I think she's been coerced at the very least by that cabrón."

"I think so too, but even then, I'm not so sure I want her back. She shit all over us. She's known this tool for two months, and in that time, he managed to convince her that our marriage was just another toilet bowl in which to take a shit." I said, still hugging her tight. God, she felt good!

I pushed her back gently as my cock started stirring, and looked into her eyes. There was something there that I hadn't seen in Samantha's eyes in a long time. Lust. Pure unbridled lust, and I was sorely tempted to kiss her right then and there.

There were only two things stopping me. 1: I was hoping that Samantha was a victim of brainwashing or coercion here, and that we could somehow work through all this. 2: Even if she was more willing than she appeared, I wasn't going to stoop to her level and cheat with anyone, even Dani.

"Dani, I know what you're thinking, and you have no idea how tempting it is right now. But we have a job to do." I forced out the words through sheer iron willpower. I steeled my resolve and pressed onward. "We'll swing by the office and pick up the van."

"Good call, boss." She said, curbing her own feelings. It didn't take a rocket scientist to see that she'd always had a bit of a crush on me. We'd flirt back and forth, but I thought she was ok with just flirting.

But now that Sammie was out of the picture, for the moment at least, it was obvious she wanted more. Part of me was dying to give her what she wanted, and that part of me wanted it just as bad as she did. But, and here's the kicker, I was NOT going to do what my wife had done. No, my vengeance was going to be far more terrible if things went as I feared. Also, I didn't want to hurt Dani, and I knew that if Sammie HAD been coerced or brainwashed by Dr. Dickwad, Dani would be hurt badly if or when I decided to work things out with Sammie.

We left in her car, and we picked up the van at the office. I grabbed the Comcast sign magnets out of the back and slapped them on the sides of the van. Urban camouflage. Gotta love it.

We drove to the offices of Dr. Dennis Linder at around 11 that night, and I went into the office building by lockpick. I was wearing supple calfskin gloves that would keep my fingerprints off of anything, yet allowed for enough freedom of movement that my dexterity wasn't impeded.

Picking the locks was child's play, and once inside, I made sure that my earbud was working properly so I could communicate with Dani.

"Reading you loud and clear, jefe." She said. I had a small USB thumb drive on me that had 50 GB of storage space on it. I was going to search his computer as well as his filing cabinets. I wanted to get a REALLY good look at this guy's business. If he was doing this to my wife, I wondered how many other wives he'd done it to so far.

The security system was child's play, as I called the security company, identified myself as Dr. Linder, and told them that I had forgotten my passcode.

It's amazing what the power of a good bluff can get you. I sounded authoritative, slightly pompous, and they bought it without even asking for a confirmation password.

"Amateurs." Dani giggled over my earpiece.

"I know, right?" I chuckled quietly as I picked the lock to the Doctor's office itself. I made a beeline for his computer, bringing it out of Sleep Mode. There were no family pictures on his desk. Wow, he didn't love his wife very much. I shook my head that this asshole, who had a helluva hot woman at home, was stepping out with at least one of his patients.

Password protected. Shit. Shit. Shit. Ok, don't panic. I reviewed what I knew about Dr. Linder. He was intelligent, if not very street smart. He was cunning when it came to seducing women. On the ride over, Dani had given me the other dirt she'd dug up on Dr. Dipfucker after I'd left.

He was a serial womanizer, when we read between the lines of other "patients" of his who had filed malpractice or even pressed sexual harassment charges on him. Then those charges were dropped without real cause. Just some clichéd "misunderstanding" bullshit when asked by the cops. I already hated the guy. Now I was ready to kill him slowly and with great enjoyment as he suffered the ultimate in physical and emotional pain.

So, with his womanizing tendencies in mind, I typed in 'Romeo' as a possible password. Access Denied. 'Casanova'. Access Denied. 'Lothario'. Access Granted. What a predictable asshole.

Finding the files that I needed wasn't difficult, either. Wow, this son of a bitch was arrogant! I popped in the thumb drive and downloaded his whole "Special Patients" section, which damn near filled up the entire 50 Gigs of space! I noted some of the names, including Samantha Carter. That fucking BASTARD! He had video files of Sammie on here! Fine. Whatever. I ejected the thumb drive and sent his computer back into Sleep Mode. Then I went rifling through his filing cabinets. I found Sammie's file, but nothing on it seemed to indicate what they had done. So he wasn't COMPLETELY stupid as to list his sexual conquests in his paper files.

"Anything yet, jefe?" Dani asked over the earpiece.

"Lots, darlin'." I replied. "Nothing paper, but I have about 45 Gigs of videos that he's recorded with quite a few of his patients."

"Dammit. Ok, we're going to need to look those over when we get home." She said. I had a funny feeling about the way she said 'we' and 'home' when talking about our plans for the immediate future.

When I left the office, I made sure that the doors were all locked, and that there was no trace that I had ever been there. No security cameras. Just the phone call that I'd made from a burner phone with an untraceable number. Voice ID could cause a problem if someone cares enough, but I wasn't going to worry about it right then.

It was well after 1 AM when we got back to my place. We got inside after I put the garage door down, and before I could say anything, Dani blindsided me.

"I'm staying the night with you, Nick." She said it firmly, no room for argument.

"Ok." I shrugged. "You can have the guest room."

"No, Nick. I'm staying in your room in your new bed, and I'm not taking No for an answer. You shouldn't be alone tonight, even if we don't have sex." And there it was out in the open, the invisible elephant had been revealed.

"Dani, I trust you. Shit, you're about the only woman on Earth that I trust right now. I'm asking you to please don't make me break my marriage vows tonight. Ok?" I asked.

"I promise." She said with a smile, then kissed my cheek. "We'll go over the footage in the morning. I brought my laptop, so we can split the videos and get them done twice as fast."

"Sounds like a plan, sweety." I said as I headed in to get a shower. I felt filthy, and not just because I hadn't had a shower since before I went to work the previous morning. As I stood under the water, my mental compartment opened and all the feelings of betrayal came rushing back.

I was sobbing against the wall of the shower when I heard the shower door slide open. The next thing I knew, I was being held by a wet and naked female. Dani held me close, stroking my back as she washed me. She didn't even touch my cock, for which I was grateful. I didn't trust myself right then. If she had touched me there, I would have probably taken her without a second thought. Something that I, at least, would regret in the morning.

She dried us both off, then guided me into my bedroom. She didn't even bother with pajamas or a night shirt. She put me in bed, covered me with the sheet, and then went around and climbed in the other side. I numbly fell asleep shortly after my eyes closed. I was completely exhausted. Both physically and emotionally.

I awoke the next morning with a smile on my face. Sammie had spooned me during the night, her breasts pressing into my back with her hard nipples. Her arm was over my waist, her hand touching my morning wood. I pulled her arm forward a bit, and her hand started stroking me. I moaned aloud as I recalled the horrible nightmare of the night before.

"Mmmm, you're hard for me, papi." My eyes shot open at the sound of Dani's seductive whisper.

"Shit!" I shouted, then jumped off the bed like it was on fire. It was REAL. It wasn't just a fucked up dream. Sammie really had cheated on me and left me.

IronDragon
IronDragon
1,612 Followers