A Different Kind of Adventure Ch. 01

Story Info
Mysterious Gift comes at his 19th Birthday.
4.2k words
4.32
19.5k
6
Story does not have any tags
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
sinny435
sinny435
64 Followers

Hello Folks! I know I've already got 2 different stories posted on Literotica, however as I said in another post I've been super busy with real life (sucks lol). However I was really sleepy one time and somehow dreamt up this scenario in my brain for this story and couldn't put it down. So I decided to make you folks put up with another story idea! This time it is about a 19 year old guy who is pretty socially alone and he gets a special gift from his benefactor (more on that in the story to come). Now that I have possibly teased you enough to read another fantastic story from my wanderlust filled brain, here we go!!!

RINGGGGG!!! RINGGGGG!!!

RINGGGGG!!! RINGGGGG!!!

Groaning tiredly I yawned deeply into my small room, stretching slightly before finally deciding to slide out of my comfy bed which was enticing me very effectively to stay. Absently scratching my head, I slowly trudged towards the door. Carefully unlocking the bolt and door handle lock, I greeted the FedEx guy politely. Reaching into his back pouch, he brought out a bulky handheld machine which I could only assume was for signatures. My curiosity piqued slightly as I didn't usually get packages which required my signature. I signed my signature, a little sloppily but still legible, or at least as legible as signatures get these days. Grabbing the package perched on the side ledge; the FedEx guy gave me fairly normal sized package, about size of my head. Waving as he left to continue his delivery rout, I tilted my head curiously at the mysterious package. Carrying the slightly heavy package and tossing it lightly on my bed, I went back to the door to lock up the door again.

Now that I was more fully awake I looked back at the package and found it to be an unusually sturdy box, made of what looked like a blackish cardboard. Glancing at the address label, I saw that this strange delivery had come from my benefactor. 'Hmmm must be important, they have never actually sent me anything before, aside from rent and spending money.' Thinking back, I was extremely fortunate to have this person care for my well-being. Again I began to wonder what my life might have been like had something different happened. It seems like it was so long ago, but was still part of my life and every now and then I would remember those few days that changed my life so drastically.

+-------------------------------------------------------------+

It was actually not too long ago since that time, only about a month or two after I had turned 15 I had chosen to stay home instead of going to the movies with my parents to catch up on some homework that had piled up over the week. Just as I was finishing up the last few paragraphs or a report, there was a loud knocking on the door. Curious as to who would be knocking considering that our family didn't often get visitors.

Peering through the side window I saw a police officer standing at the door, looking very serious and a tad fidgety. Opening the door quickly, the police officer took a quick look at me and her face frowned sadly as he saw me open the door. Realizing her unusually long pause she changed it to a more neutral facial expression. "Excuse me for disturbing you, but are you Alumita Tyri?"

Unable to know how to react to the appearance of the police, I nodded silently as I began to frantically understand what had happened to have the police visit the house. Did something bad happen in the neighborhood? Oh no...had something horrible happened to my parents?! Shaking myself I tried to calm down and not get too deep into despair without actually knowing the reasons and pushed my fears down, hoping dearly that none of those things had actually happened.

The police officer politely asked if she could talk with me, stepping outside and closing the door behind me, I nodded and rubbed my hands together in nervous tension. Seeing that I was very unnerved, she cleared her voice and began to tell me about the unfortunate accident that had occurred just outside the freeway of the local movie theater. There had been a large truck crash and many had been involved in the resulting pile-up, several were injured but my parent's car had been at the center of the crash and had died shortly after getting into the ambulance.

Now while many would believe that people would just begin to cry or scream or hate the world when being told this news so suddenly, they had probably never actually experienced such an event. I didn't cry, didn't make as much as a noise; I just blanked out in shock as what had been said processed through my mind and my heart. It actually surprised me as I felt tears streaming down my cheeks. Touching the tears as they fell, my legs suddenly weakened and I fell in despair. I was then wrapped warmly by the arms of the police officer, and I broke out of my silence and cried loud and deeply at the loss of those who were so close to my heart and soul.

A day after the incident, I was called to a hearing for my well-being, many things needed to be worked out such as how school, house and living expenses would be supported. In truth, much of the hearing and what had been decided shortly after were a blur and I don't even remember the details to this day. In the end though, someone who wanted to remain anonymous decided to support me completely. They allow me the choice to either live on my own or go to a house, I choose to live alone and complete my schooling which I felt that my parents would want me to do.

I eventually moved out of the old house to a smaller apartment, only taking the essentials and a picture of my family. While it hurt to look at the picture, I couldn't let go of the memory and kept it as a reminder to keep my strength and live on as my parent's would have wished. However going through school, I could hardly say that I was popular or had bunches of friends before the accident but afterward was so much worse.

Since the accident had been so huge it had blown up in the media and there was almost no soul in the town that didn't know of the tragedy and those who had died. So it was no surprise that many students, teachers, staff and alike sympathized with me. But that didn't help matters at all, just made them worse; I didn't want sympathy or the sad looks that people automatically gave when they noticed who I was. The event had rubbed me so raw that I didn't want to be reminded of being orphaned every time everyone gave me a sad look.

Thusly I trudged through the rest of high school, getting almost perfect honors and grades in the rest of my classes. Despite having pushed away almost everyone that was close or tried to be close to me during that time, I managed to get a scholarship to a very good college. Thankfully I didn't have to work with the scholarship in hand and the support of my still mysterious benefactor. Eventually things calmed down and the tragic event became a memory and I lost connection to most people but thankfully did not get too many sad onlookers.

After a year in college I quickly decided to take classes online because I couldn't really connect to the campus life and did the work at my home, only really coming out to get the mail and go to the gym to prevent my muscles from atrophy.

+----------------------------------------------------+

Until now nothing interesting had really happened, and a package from my benefactor made this day all the more mysterious. Looking around the room for something to cut the tape with, I couldn't find much of anything until my eyes caught hold of scissors peeking out from under my bed. Grabbing the scissors I quickly dispatched the tape to the seams of the box. After prying open the box, I picked up an envelope inside before diving any further. Inside the envelope was a short letter from my benefactor.

Hello Alumita!

First off happy 19th birthday, we have only been in contact for 4 years but I hope your time under our care has been satisfactory. While we have not been able to meet you in person, I hope that that will quickly change and for the better! In the box will be a different kind of hand held console and game with all the necessary parts included. I hope that you will find it to be a new experience for you.

Supporting You Always,

Ember

Hmmm, Ember is it? I was curious if that was the name of an actual person or the company/group that had been taking care of my well-being. Shrugging and looking through the package was a handheld console that didn't have any of the large name brands or any real signature to denote the creators except for a small beautifully etched E within a circle on the back. It was slightly larger than a PSP and felt as if it was crafted perfectly for my grip. Looking again through the box I found a sparse headset that seemed to have pads that were placed on my temples and wrapped around my head. A very generic chip shaped game, much like in the DS games, was wrapped very cautiously in plastic material. Unknowingly I was very gentle with the chip and opened it very carefully to reveal a beautifully, what look like painted design of a game named simply Wings of Flame. On one side of the chip was an artfully drawn phoenix with its wings outspread and the text written in the center of the beautiful bird.

Slightly awestruck at the beautiful art that decorated the face I began to search the device for where I could place the chip. When I brought the chip close to the E insignia, a small section of the back shifted open, just the shape and size of the chip. While I was surprised at the device seemingly doing this on its own, I figured it was a pretty new technology and shrugged it off. Placing the chip inside the new crevice it further amazed me when the chip seemed to meld with the back of the device forming a smooth surface with the artwork framing the back as if it had always been there.

Searching the box again I didn't find anything else, no charger or anything. Seeing that I was on a long break from college I jumped right into the new game. Placing on the headset, which was actually quite comfortable, I sat down on my bed and started up the game. Starting up the console the screen lit up and showed a scene of pretty much the same phoenix on the back being brought to life and spreading its wings wide open as flames swirled around its body.

Now have you ever been slightly tired and lie down in your bed to read or keep breeding your amazing Pokémon team, then all of a sudden you wake up and realize you had fallen asleep? Well that's kinda how it felt just after I started the game and got past the intro animation, I suddenly awoke in what seemed to be a grassy patch in a very large field. Curious as to why this dream felt so real compared to others that I remembered, I shrugged it off when I couldn't feel the headgear nor had the console in my fingers.

Well I had no idea what had happened but I assumed to be dreaming because there was no field anywhere close to where I lived, nor one as beautiful and expanse as this one. The air was crisp and breathing it in deeply felt so clean and fresh, as far as I could see there was almost nothing in sight except a few trees.

With a slight giggle, I heard a very melodious and soft voice right behind me. "Welcome Master, has your transition been well?"

I spun around so quickly both in shock and being jumpy that I fell backwards slightly as I turned to see who had given off such a nice sounding voice. Disoriented by my quick turn and fall, it took a few seconds for my eyes to adjust to the sight before me. And let me tell you it was quite the sight to behold.

Kneeling before my eyes was one, if not the most beautiful creature that I had ever seen. She had crimson red hair flowing down her shoulders that glowed beautifully in the sunlight, giving it an almost orangey sunset like appearance. She was dressed in a shirt of sorts, the sleeves reached slightly below her elbows and the rest flowed just below the waist. The shirt complimented her hair perfectly being colored a light reddish color. Below the shirt she was wearing a pair of shorts made that stopped just before her knees, made of a bluish looking material that wasn't quite like jeans. Her face was the most breathtaking aspect, very beautiful in her small nose, ears and mouth, all of which framed her face so perfectly.

Getting up and dusting myself off, a found myself offered a hand and shyly took it surprised at the strength of the small hand. Looking again at the beautiful girl, I was taken in by the breath of color within her eyes; they were a deep red color, with what seemed like flecks of yellow that matched her hair all the more flawlessly. Now that we were both standing, I noticed that she was just a tad shorter than I (I'm around 5'7'').

"Huh?" In the spur of the moment, and a large part due to the shock of seeing her I forgot what she had said.

"That was quite the fall Master, are you all right?" Nodding, she smiled and continued. "Well I had asked how your transition had been from your world to this one; I hope that it wasn't too much of a large change for you." Truthfully I was surprised myself that I hadn't freaked out too much at the sudden change of my environment but the area I had landed in was quite beautiful.

Shying away from her gaze I looked at the scenery again and a sense of calm washed over my nervousness. "Yes, this is very different from what I'm used to..." Looking back at the girl I was still curious as to where this place was, and how I got here. "Well one thing I want to ask first, is this all real? Am I dreaming or something?"

Shaking her head no, she breathed slightly. "No Master, this is not a dream in a sense, more like an alternate world to your own. The device you had received was crafted to best facilitate a transportation of sorts for your mind and soul to get to these lands, and well your body came with it as well but you are not lost to your actual world, just dreaming perhaps. And while I'm sure you have many more questions to ask, we need to get you to a town before it gets too dark and there I will answer all the questions you may have."

Seeing that the source of light had indeed faded slightly since my arrival, I agreed and followed the red headed beauty. Quickly I realized that we weren't actually that far from the town, rather I had not seen it when I had looked around initially. At first glance the town didn't look much different from what I have seen myself, however as we got closer I noticed the buildings to be more...natural would be the best word. All the structures seemed to be crafted so out of stone but very much the same as buildings in my world, just more...elegant and without looking out of place in such a beautiful nature setting.

After about a couple more minutes (it was hard to tell exactly the time since I didn't actually have anything to tell time with me), we got to the town and it was rather lively and many people were roaming the streets. Still following closely beside the girl, I tried to stay focused on not getting lost while taking in all the nuances that surrounded me every second. There were many people around but mostly I noticed people with some sort of animal either following closely or perched on a shoulder or on a head. Oddly though these animals were slightly odd in a way, not that they were freaky looking or unhealthy but rather they looked...elementalish in one way or another. There was a cat which looked to be made entirely of water but didn't get anything wet, and a small mouse that had what looked like a fur coat of ice and a tail that ended up in a sharp mace-like ball of ice but still moved around no less alive than the little girl who held it. Distracted I felt my shirt being tugged by the red-headed beauty and I nodded sheepishly and continued towards our destination.

After passing what looked like the local market, we came upon a building that was slightly larger than the others that we had come across before. Going through the large, sturdy looking door we came upon a very large floor littered with tables and chairs. There were a couple patrons in various groups around but the room didn't seem too full. She led me to a chair somewhat near the stairs that went up to a second floor. Indicating for me to sit for a bit I took the seat happily and watched as she walked over to the counter to what seemed like the Inn's owner or barkeep, maybe both.

While they were chatting I looked around the room and noticed that many snuck glances at me and while the looks didn't necessarily look like distain or anything of the sort, they had a sense of yearning, a sliver of hope that they didn't want broken. Seeing her come back after talking with the owner, she sat down and breathed a sigh of relief. "Ahhh it is so nice to sit down, I'm glad you came when you did because I was waiting for you to arrive for quite some time, I was about to leave just when you appeared." Seeing that I was about to rapid fire some questions, she quieted me with a wave. "Later young master, when we are safer to talk amongst one another. For now I have gotten us some food and drink which I'm sure that you are hungry despite all the excitement I'm sure you have had."

At the sound of a soft growl from my stomach and a giggle from the beauty, I blushed and agreed to eat. Thinking again of all that I have seen and experienced in these very short few hours, it was no surprise that I had been caught up so heavily in the new sights and sounds and ignored my body's needs. It was all so new and amazing, every sight, sound, touch, smell and soon to be taste were on overload with the new land that I had been plopped down into

After about five minutes, an amazing smell wafted from the platter that was being brought to our table. Seeing that we had pretty much the same plates I inhaled the delicious smells that were coming from the food. A pretty sizable slice of what looked like chicken was grilled and covered with a sweet smelling glaze of some sort that was oddly blue in color but didn't look bad. Alongside the chicken was a small biscuit of some type that had what looked like a mix between butter and honey on top of it, and lastly there were these strange what looked like jewels in different colors ranging from a deep green to various reds and blues.

Initially I was quite detoured by eating the strange gems that adorned the plate; however the combined hunger from my belly and the sight of the red headed beauty easily snatching up a few of her jewel-like food and eating them gladly, I dug into the meal. The chicken was fantastic, the sauce wasn't too sweat but rather slightly tangy, and the jewels were actually like a piece of chocolate that melted in your mouth easily but tasted great in their own way but I couldn't really say for certain what it was. All in all the meal was fantastic, and I drank very crystal clear water in between bites. Scraping the last few bits of food off the wooden plate, we both relaxed for a bit before getting up and grabbing the keys from the shop-keep for our room.

As satisfied as I was, I did not get nervous about being in the same room as the beautiful girl as I should've been. Sitting down in a chair in one corner of the room, I looked out the window and gazed out at town as the night began to blanket over the area, only bits of light came off from the occasional flame and the more illuminating pets that some had around with them.

Sitting in a couch right next to me, the still unnamed girl sighed in relief and pulled up her legs to sit on the cushion. "So Master, now that we are full and under the safety of this Inn, I can now answer any question that you may have. Well to the best of my knowledge at the very least."

Staring out the window for a bit more, I thought over a lot of what I had experienced and come to love about this new and exciting place, but I began to question many things and those doubts and fears were very real questions that I wanted to ask so badly. Calming down and trying to get my thoughts in order, I could eventually answer most of the more basic questions on my own and filter out many unnecessary thoughts that popped in my head at first. Left with only a couple solid questions I looked over to the beauty sitting on the couch and smiled. "Well truthfully I had thousands of questions to ask you when we first met, but now that I have had time to experience and settle slightly in this new place I only have a couple questions." She nodded and stayed silent, waiting to answer anything that I had to ask.

sinny435
sinny435
64 Followers
12