A Family History

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

So that's what we decided to do. I called Millie and she said it sounded crazy but if we loved each other, she approved.

Suzy and I only talked about once a week because she had a lot of homework from the extra classes she took. The time went by and soon I had everything packed up. I didn't have much stuff so I just rented a small trailer. I had driven to the Columbus, Ohio area and looked for a place to live the week before. I was able to rent a trailer about twenty miles from the college but only five miles from where I worked. The woman in human resources was the one who told me about the trailer park. She said other employees lived there. The rent was higher than where I lived before but I found out my job paid more.

I arrived on Friday and was emptying the U-Haul. I stopped to take a break and called Suzy.

"Hi honey, how are you doing?"

"Gary, I thought you were going to call tomorrow."

"I thought I let you know I was moving in today. I'm about twenty miles from the college. I start work on Monday. Any chance I can see you this weekend?"

"Honey, tell me where you are and I'll be there tomorrow. God I miss you."

I gave her the directions and she showed up first thing in the morning. We hugged and kissed.

"This is really happening. We can be together," she whispered between kisses.

She reminded me her parents moved in the previous month and she went to see them each Sunday. So we decided Saturday would be our day. I knew she had a lot of studying to do during the week.

Since I hadn't been grocery shopping yet, we went out to dinner and. Once we returned, she helped me make the bed. It didn't take us long to unmake it though. We just cuddled and had some casual sex. We went to sleep and when she got up in the morning she kissed me and left to see her parents.

She never told her parents about our plan of me moving and working here. I guess she was afraid they might feel it would interfere with her studies. Most all her relatives lived within forty miles of Columbus. Millie's store was only ten miles away. I went there after work to see her.

She hugged me and said, "You really did it. You moved here to be near Suzy."

"Yep, I did it. I got a good job and a place to live. I can also visit my favorite sister."

"I'm your only sister. Gary, you need to know that a lot of people in the bigger cities are a bit different. You may need to cut back on that temper."

"Don't worry, I can handle myself, sis."

"It's not you I have to worry about. Gary, I love you, little brother." Then she hugged me.

A few months had gone by and things were OK. I didn't get to see Suzy as much as I wanted to and she still hadn't told her parents about me. She said she was just nervous. She now had a school and work schedule. She would go to classes and then to work in the hospital. The nice part was that her paychecks helped with her expenses.

My work was going fine. I worked some overtime so I could put money away for our future. One Saturday Suzy came by the trailer and said she needed to talk to me. Something about the way she was acting bothered me.

"Gary, I work every day after classes. Most of my classmates go to a lounge for a couple of hours to relax. They have been asking me to go with them and I was wondering if you would mind? They go on Tuesday and Thursday."

I looked right at her and said, "Suzy, I know I'm a country hick but I'm also pretty smart. Are you tired of me and need to go out with other men?"

"God no! Gary I love you. It's just during the week I thought it might be fun to wind down with my friends. You told me that you go out with your friends from the lumberyard. It isn't any different than that."

"I don't like the idea but it's your life. Can I come to the lounge and be with you?"

"No one else has their boyfriend with them. I can ask and see what they say. It's just relaxing after a hard day."

"Are there other men there that you would dance and drink with?'

"Yes Gary, it's a bar. Honey, I love you and I would never cheat on you."

That night we didn't even have sex. We cuddled and watched some TV. I ordered a pizza. My mind was working overtime. Because of her schedule, we only saw each other every other Saturday although we still talked every week.

I waited two weeks and found out where the hangout was for the doctors and nurses. It was almost across the street from hospital. Most of the student nurses still lived in the dorm together.

I asked one of my co-workers if he wanted to go to the bar and have a couple of beers. So Joe and I headed for the lounge. It was a Thursday night and quite busy. We got a booth against the back wall. I saw Suzy and her workmates sitting at a table. They seemed to be happy and having fun. Joe knew about my situation and asked which one was my girlfriend.

I pointed out Suzy and he said, "Damn Gary, she's really pretty." About that time, they started playing the jukebox. I saw a guy asking Suzy to dance. She smiled and danced with the guy. I remember how she told me she loved dancing at my sister's wedding. After she danced with three guys, I was going to leave but changed my mind.

Suzy and one of her friends went to the restroom. I went up to her table and asked one of the other nurses to dance. She smiled at me and said, "hell yes". Suzy got back to her table and saw me on the dance floor. She sat down and I could tell she wasn't very happy. I danced with Cheryl, Suzy's friend, twice before I walked her back to her table. Suzy was already dancing with another guy.

I thanked Cheryl for the dances and she said, "anytime" and smiled. I told Joe it was time to go. I never even talked to Suzy. I was pissed but I guess she really wasn't doing anything wrong. Yet I was afraid of losing her. I felt if I stayed any longer that I would have probably got into a fight. As I was driving home, my phone was ringing. I knew it was Suzy. I didn't answer till the third time as I pulled up to my trailer.

"Gary, why didn't you answer your phone? You knew it was me."

"I was driving and didn't think you would be in a good mood. And I didn't want to argue while driving."

"You never even talked to me and you danced with my friend Cheryl. You never even told her you were my boyfriend."

"Suzy, the first time we talked you never told me if you were going to the lounge with your friends or if I could be there with you. I know why now after seeing all your dancing partners."

"Gary, they're just co-workers and friends. You're the only one I love. Cheryl said you were a real hunk. I told her you were my boyfriend and she said she would never let you go out alone. Can I still see you Saturday?"

"Sure, there's some things we need to talk about and one of those things are your parents. I can't keep going on like this. I moved here to be with you, not to see you every two weeks."

I was a mess. I loved her but it just wasn't turning out the way I hoped it would. When I talked to my sister about it, she said maybe I should just give Suzy some space. I wasn't sure what to do. She came by Saturday and we sat down to talk.

"Suzy, I love you with all my heart but this just isn't working out. I feel like you want your freedom and I want to be with you more. I'm going to give you your way. I'm setting you free. My mom told me 'if you truly love something to set it free. If it comes back to you then you were meant to be.' And she was right."

"Gary, you're wrong. I love you and I want to be with you. It's just that I have so much going on that I don't have enough time in a day. Please don't leave me."

"I'm not leaving you. When you decide you want to be with me then tell your parents you want to marry me and that I've been waiting here for you. I know you have your last semester of school yet. I also know that most of this year you'll be working in the hospital. We could be married and you would be able to finish without a problem."

"Gary, I don't know what to do. Can't we wait till I finish school?"

"Sweetheart, I believe you're worried about telling your parents that we've been together. I also think you like going out with your friends and I put a damper on it. You have to decide what you want and if it's me, you know where to find me. I'm not going anywhere. I do know that I won't stand back while you date other men. If that's what you want you don't need to call me."

She got up and left crying. It was the hardest thing I ever had to do. I loved her with all my heart but she had to figure out what she wanted.

I went to work on Monday feeling like shit. Joe asked me if I wanted to go out for a beer after work. I figured it would help take my mind off Suzy. We sat with a couple of women who were friends of his. One girl flirted a lot and kept hinting at going on a date. I just flatly said I wasn't available. She said she hoped everything worked out.

Three weeks had gone by and I hadn't heard from Suzy. I went to the lounge she and her friends often went to but she wasn't there. One of her friends, Carol, spotted me and came over to talk. She told me that Suzy was on another shift. She worked evenings and usually got off at midnight.

"How is she doing?" I asked.

"Did you and Suzy have a fight? She seems unhappy. All she does is take extra classes and work."

"We have a few problems we're trying to work out. I can't tell you anymore than that."

I bought Carol a drink and she told me that Eddie, one of the interns sitting with the rest of her friends, said he was going to make a play for Suzy. I told him I didn't think that would be a good idea and he laughed. I thanked Carol for the info and added that if she saw Suzy, to tell her I missed her. I got a call the following week but it was from Carol.

"Carol, where did you get my number?"

"Suzy gave it to me. She told me to call you. She said she wasn't ready to talk to you yet."

"What is it? It must be important if Suzy wants me to know."

"Eddie--the intern I was telling you about--keeps making passes at Suzy when no one is watching. She said it really bothers her and would I call you and let you know. Also I'm supposed to tell you she loves you."

"Thanks Carol, you're a true friend to Suzy. I'll take care of it."

The following Thursday the group was at the lounge. Suzy was still on the night shift so she wasn't there. Eddie was playing around with a couple of other nurses. Carol looked over at me and smiled. As the party broke up everyone was leaving. One of the nurses was drunk and Eddie said he was going to take her home. Carol told him she lived with her and she would see she got home safe.

Eddie looked pissed and walked out the back door where he parked. I pulled a face-mask down over my face and grabbed him right by his car.

"You keep your fucking hands off Suzy or I'll kill you. This is just a warning."

I hit him with a right and then a left. I had on steel-toed shoes and kicked him on the side of his knee. I didn't want to break his knee cap. He went down and I hit him one more time. The whole fight didn't last a half minute. Some people came out and screamed. By that time, I was around the building and driving away. The next morning I got another call at work. It was Carol.

"Damn, you did a number on him. They called an ambulance to take him to the hospital. He spent the night in intensive care. He's in a regular room now. Would you believe Suzy was in the emergency room when they brought him in? He screamed when he saw her. She said she was surprised but did her job."

"What did he say happened?"

"That he got jumped by two guys but they got scared away when people came out the door. He said he didn't know them and they wore masks."

"What did Suzy say?"

"She just thanked me and gave me a hug."

The months were going by when I had a visitor on Saturday morning. It was Suzy. As soon as I opened the door, she kissed me, crying.

"Gary I love you and miss you so much. Will you come with me to my parents today and we can talk to them together?"

I got dressed and we drove to her parents. They were surprised to see her on Saturday but more surprised to see me with her.

"Mom, dad, I'm in love with Gary. He moved here almost a year ago just to be with me."

"Mrs. Eckleberry, I never interfered with Suzy and her studies. I rented a trailer twenty miles from the college and transferred to the lumberyard there. Your daughter and I only saw each other maybe every other Saturday. I had no intentions of interfering with her schooling."

"Mom, I wanted to bring our dating out in the open. I'm tired of hiding it from you and dad."

"So, what is it you want from us? It looks like you're going to do what you want to," replied her mom.

"Mrs. Eckleberry, I want to ask Suzy to marry me. She'll be graduating this coming summer. That gives us time to plan a wedding. We would like your approval and of course participation in our wedding. I have the money saved for it."

"Suzy, you've always been a smart girl," her mother said. "Is this what you want for your future? "

"Yes mom, it is. You know I've loved Gary from the beginning. Our family moving to Ohio didn't stop him. He found a way to make it work. He's no dead beat and I know he loves me. All we want is a chance to be together. I'm doing great in college and the hospital said I'm on track to graduate early. I may have to wait until summer to receive my degree."

"Has he even proposed yet? I don't see a ring on your finger."

"I've been caring a ring around in my pocket for a year waiting for Suzy to be ready."

I took the box out of my pocket and knelt on one knee in front of her. "Suzy, you know I love you. Will you be my wife? I know we can make it work."

Suzy was crying and so was her mother. She looked at her parents, then she turned back to me. "Yes Gary, I'll marry you!"

Her brothers and sister came into the room smiling. They had been in the other room while we talked to their parents. I put the ring on her finger and kissed her in front of her whole family. Everyone was kind of in shock. Her dad finally spoke.

"Young man, I like your tenacity in having a plan but I have one thing to tell you. Suzy is my daughter and I've always been proud of her. If you're being honest with us and wait to get married until next summer, then I'll be paying for my daughter's wedding. I'll walk her down the aisle and give her away."

He had tears in his eyes. Suzy went to him and hugged him. I saw she was still crying. Her mother said she was making breakfast for the family and invited us to stay. Of course we did. We talked about our plans and I told them about my job.

Later in the day, we headed back to my trailer. After making love for two hours, we talked. Suzy would stay in her dorm and continue with her classes and working at the hospital. I would stay at my trailer and keep doing what I was doing. Suzy asked me if she could still go out with the other nurses on Tuesday and Thursday. She told me it was a stress relief for them.

I told her she could be with her friends. I understood it meant something to her. It was part of our trust for each other and independence. We decided I would go to the lounge every other week to be with her. It worked out great, My friend Joe and I sat with Suzy and her friends.

Suzy did dance with a couple of the interns and doctors but they were well aware that she was my woman. I think word got around that I had something to do with Eddie getting hurt. He always looked at me kind of funny and never asked Suzy to dance.

I loved it when some of the nurses did a line dance. Of course, I could tell Suzy would shake her booty a little extra for me. I danced with a few of her friends, especially Carol.

I want to mention that one week my friends from work, including Joe, Bob, and Bill, all came to the lounge with me. The three of them sat at another table because of lack of room at our table. The night was going good until three guys came into the lounge. The girls were still strutting their stuff and Suzy was shaking that booty. We were all laughing until one of the idiots went over and patted Carol on the ass.

I jumped up and pushed him down.

"What the fuck is wrong with you? We just stopped in to have some drinks and a little fun. Are you going to take on all three of us?"

They all laughed.

"I will if I have to," I said to him.

Just then my buddies came over and stood behind the three guys.

"We have your back, Gary," replied Joe.

"Hey man we don't want any trouble," the guy said when he turned and saw my friends. Tom the bartender came over and told them this was a friendly neighborhood bar and he didn't need their business. They quickly left.. Someone started up the jukebox and Suzy's friends asked my friends to dance. Of course, Suzy called me her hero. Carol was dancing with Joe and said he could pat her ass anytime, and we all laughed.

From that day forward my buddies all went to the lounge with me every other Thursday. It seems they liked the nurses too.

On Thanksgiving Suzy had to work. I took a trip home to tell my parents about getting married. They were happy for me and told me to let them know when it was going to be so they could tell the rest of the family.

Suzy and I went to her parents for Christmas. After dinner, we sat around planning the wedding. Suzy would finish her classes the first weekend of April but if she wanted to cross the stage to get her diploma, that was the first weekend in May. Of course, we all told her she worked damn hard for it and we would all be there for her.

We decided to get married the second Saturday in May. We started making our plans for that day. Suzy's job would end at the end of April. She had already submitted applications at different hospitals for a position in radiology, which was her specialty. We decided that she would move back in with her parents until our wedding date.

It was a strenuous four months. We were planning a wedding and Suzy was putting applications in everywhere. She liked the hospital where she was working but they were a teaching hospital and didn't have any openings. At the end of March, she got a call from a hospital near Newark, Ohio. Newark was only forty miles from Columbus and only twenty miles in the opposite direction from where I lived.

She passed the interview and they asked her when she would be able to start. She told them she was graduating the first week of May and getting married the second week of May. They asked her if she could start the first Monday in June. She would be on the day shift but every month they changed shifts.

She accepted the job and came straight home to let me know. We called our parents to let them know our plans.

Now for the wedding and graduation:

We'll start with Suzy's side. She wanted Carol as her maid of honor. They had become very close during their schooling. Her sister and my sister were attendees. Since my family lived far away, I asked Joe to be my best man. We matched him up with Carol. We sent out invitations and I asked my mom for all the addresses of my relatives. The return invitations were coming in like hotcakes. We kept getting rooms for everyone.

Suzy had to go back to the school for graduation practice and then of course for the actual graduation. I swear that woman could do anything. Her mom and dad, brothers and sister, all went with me to the graduation. I literally cried when she crossed the stage. I made a fool of myself, standing up and whistling at her. All the people around me were laughing. I didn't care, she was the love of my life.

We didn't throw her a party since the following week was the wedding. I talked to her every day but never was able to see her until the rehearsal on Friday. The minute she walked into the church, I kissed her. Sometimes it can't be helped. We had a practice run and then my parents took the wedding party out for dinner. Suzy's parent and my parents got along great. Of course, they were all originally from Harlan.