A Long Time Coming

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Sophie,

I hope you're as anxious for tonight to get here as I am. I apologize for the change, but the times of the conference have changed a little. I'll pick you up at 6:30 instead. I can't wait.

-Eric

"Oh my god!" Sophie breathed, she had completely forgotten about Eric's visit the night before, but as she read his words her body flushed with the memory. "How could I forget?" She glanced at her watch, 9:30. Her errands were going to run a little longer than she thought but she should still have plenty of time to get ready.

She was home by two, with a few trips worth of groceries. She'd been soon busy the last few weeks that she was at the restock point of shopping. Once she had her groceries put away she reached for two other bags that she'd set just inside the door. She already had a dress in her closet, she'd bought it for Patrick just before he left her so she'd never had a chance to wear it. The second she'd seen it she knew she couldn't walk away without it. It was scarlet in color with a V shaped neckline that tastefully accentuated the swell of her breasts. It hugged her torso until about mid-waist where it flared out around her and fell to mid thigh. She hadn't put it on in over a year, she just hoped it still fit.

The other two bags held the rest of the essentials; high-heeled shoes and lingerie to match. Shooing Cedar out of her bedroom she laid the dress and underwear out on her bed, the shoes she set on the floor nearby. Before she started any other preparations she had to see if the dress still fit. With no difficulty she slipped into the new lingerie, loving the feel of the mixture of lace and silk against her skin. The dress came next. It felt fine but after taking a breath she turned to the mirror to make sure. What she saw made her smile. She must have lost some weight of the last year because the dress fit better than ever and even with rumpled hair and no make up she still felt sexy as hell. She slipped on the heels and turned left and right, loving the way they accented her legs and butt. She was sure Eric would be pleased.

The next few hours she spent as any woman preparing for a date would. She couldn't remember the last time she'd even been on anything resembling a date so she was pulling out all the stops. She didn't know how far things would progress with Eric but if last night was any indication she wanted to do her best for him. By 5:45 she had soaked, shaved, showered, styled her hair, done her nails and makeup and gotten dressed. Being perpetually early was one thing she could never change so she sat and waited anxiously for Eric to arrive.

Her anxiety turned to disappointment as the minutes ticked by... 6:35... 6:43... 6:55. She glanced at the phone, thinking about calling him but couldn't bring herself to pick up the phone, afraid of appearing desperate. The conference must have gone longer than he planned, right? Or had he been playing with her? Wouldn't he have called if he was serious about tonight? Shaking her head she growled in frustration, frustration at herself for getting worked up, frustration at Eric for appearing to have stood her up, and frustration at men in general. Her heels clicked sharply on the linoleum in the kitchen as she pulled a glass from her cabinet and poured herself some water. Another glance at the clock showed it was now after seven.

She looked at her reflection in the kitchen window and sighed. Was she trying too hard? Her hair had been left to curl naturally and it was pulled up in the back, a few ringlets had already come loose from the clasp and fell to sweep against her neck. It was a look she'd always strived for but for some reason could only manage on occasion. The light make up she wore was just enough to accent her green eyes and full lips. But the more she looked at herself the more she began to doubt her acceptance of tonight. She knew Eric wasn't interested in anything serious or long term, to be honest she wasn't either, but there was a small part of her that craved that connection, the feeling of belong to another person and much as they belonged to her. Was she ready for something so...casual? The sudden knock at the door stopped her thoughts cold.

Gulping she nervously went to the door. Eric stood tall and imposing just outside and he wore the same cocky grin he had sported the night before. He was dressed in a dark sports coat and slacks with a dark blue button down shirt underneath. As she pulled the door open fully the smile wavered just a fraction as he took in her appearance. Heat filled his eyes and he unconsciously took a step closer. Sophie ducked her head in a blush but was stopped by a finger under her chin. Eric slowly lifted her face until she met his eyes.

"Never hide from me, Sophie," he rasped out huskily before he bent and captured her lips in a quick yet brutal kiss. Her eyes were unfocused when he stood back up and it took a moment for her to realize he had spoken again.

"What?"

"I asked if you were ready to go."

"Oh," she stammered, blushing again, "Yes, just let me grab my purse." She quickly grabbed her purse from the kitchen counter and locked up her apartment. Eric waited beside her and as she turned to him he placed a hand at the small of her back and ushered her forward. As they moved toward his car he leaned over so his mouth was close to her ear. The feel of his warm breath against her ear and neck caused goosebumps to lift across her flesh.

"You look absolutely stunning, Sophie. I hope you aren't expecting a gentleman tonight, because with how sexy you look, I don't think I'll be able to keep my hands to myself."

"Is that a promise?" she asked breathlessly, glancing up at him just in time to catch the tick in his jaw at her response. His pace slowed and the hand on her back curled around and pulled her to a stop, tightening around her waste slightly. One hand lifted and traced across her bare collarbone, his heated gaze following its path.

"Most definitely." His hand moved up and gently circled her neck, his thumb running back and forth over her racing pulse. Sophie's eyes closed and she let out a shuddering breath, her legs began to shake with building need. Whatever reservations she'd had only minutes before were now out of reach. It had been so long, and it took everything she had not to drag him back to her apartment right then. "But for now we should probably go, we have reservations at eight."

Sophie took a step back and finally opened her eyes to look up at her companion. His eyes were bright with amusement and lust. She had the fleeting thought that perhaps his amusement should bother her but it quickly passed when he took her hand and lead her to the waiting car.

They drove north, into downtown. Despite the palpable tension the ride was pleasant and Eric took the chance to apologize for being late.

"I never know exactly how long these presentations will go. They had already pushed my time back after I first stopped by last night and then when the questions get flying there is only so much you can do to speed up the process. I'm sorry I didn't call, by the time I got out of there all I could think about was getting over to pick you up as soon as possible, calling didn't even cross my mind."

"That's alright, I assumed things must have run late, although if you had been much later I'm not sure you would have found me in a very good mood," Sophie admitted lightly. Eric glanced over at her, picking up on the uncertainty in her voice she was trying to hide. He reached over and took her hand before bringing it to his lips and brushing her fingers with a gentle kiss.

"I'm sorry, Sophie. I should have called or at least sent you a quick message. Just know that there is nowhere I'd rather be tonight." The sincerity in his tone was enough to bring another blush rushing to her cheeks. "Oh I can't wait to see just how far down that blush goes."

"Eric!" Sophie slapped at him and pointed to the road, "Eyes on the road!"

"But the view is so much nicer in here." Despite his comment he did move his eyes forward and focused more intently on his driving.

"So where are you taking me?" she asked. "I can't remember the last time I've been out."

"Now that should be a crime," Eric quipped with a grin. "Out period or out on a date?"

"Oh you know very well I haven't been on a date since Patrick, and that last year with him I can't remember him bringing me anywhere,"

"Remind me why you stayed with him?" Although the humor was still there in his voice there was an undertone of anger in his comment, Sophie did her best to ignore it.

"And I've been really busy lately, and I don't see much reason to go out to eat on my own, rather more depressing than just staying at home actually. I think my sister's birthday was my last night out to eat."

"Well I hope you will try harder after this. You deserve some time to let loose and have fun, or at the least to have someone else cook your meal."

"Why so worried about my night life anyway? It's not that big of a deal."

"Sophie, you're my friend, and along with that title comes the obligation to worry about said friend's happiness and well being. You are 24 years old for christ's sake and you're living like an old maid. We might not talk all that often but despite your bravado about being happy I can hear in your voice the truth."

Throughout his little speech Sophie felt herself shrink little by little. She didn't want to listen to Eric's diagnosis of her lack of social life or emotional state. When she had agreed to come out with him it was based on the strong attraction she had for him, not her desire to get out more. She would analyze her life at another time, tonight was suppose to be about letting go for once, not dredging up how fucked up she was.

"I appreciate your concern," she said, much of the life now gone from her voice and Eric quickly looked over in shock and regret at how his words had changed her mood so quickly. He knew he'd hit a nerve but now he just wanted to kick himself. "But can we just focus on tonight, because if you feel it necessary to bring up all that other stuff I'd much rather just call it a night now."

"I'm apologizing a lot tonight, aren't I?" he asked softly. "I'm sorry I brought it up, I promise to leave it alone, for tonight."

She didn't argue his caveat of a future conversation on the topic and instead took a deep breath to try and steel her emotions. Tonight, just think about tonight. The rest of the drive was accomplished in relative silence so when they pulled into a downtown parking garage Sophie nearly sighed with relief. Eric met her as she exited the car and waited while she straightened out her dress. When she felt composed she looked up and found a reassuring smile waiting for her.

"Shall we?" he asked and offered his hand. She gingerly placed her smaller one in his grasp, still unsure because of the earlier discussion. But his warm and sure grip as he intertwined their fingers and the warmth on his face proved he wasn't letting anything get to him.

"You never did say where we were going."

"Have you ever been to Jake's?"

"As in Jakes's Crawfish?"

"That's the one, I thought I remembered you saying you liked seafood."

"I do, and I've always wanted to go but the opportunity never arose."

"Well then I'm glad. I also hope you aren't opposed to some good music and maybe a little dancing after, there's a show at the Crystal Ballroom tonight and it's just down the street."

"Well, I'm not sure about the dancing but that's somewhere else I've always wanted to go. Eric?" She stopped and pulled him to a stop as well.

"Yes?"

"Thank you," she said, hoping the sincerity came through in her words. Just to make sure she reached up and gave him a short kiss. "Mmm," she said licking her lips as they parted. "I know this is going to sound corny as hell, but you taste really good."

"And that was just a sample," Eric replied suggestively and Sophie couldn't stop the sudden giggle that burst forth. She quickly covered her mouth, surprised by the sound that came out but Eric just moved her hand away from her mouth and smiled.

"Oh I better hear the sound again tonight." He glanced at his watch, "We really should hurry or we'll be late."

They didn't have to wait long once they checked in and were soon seated comfortably in a large booth. Despite the Saturday crowd it didn't take long to get their food and Sophie was very impressed. Eric told her about the conference he was attending and explained what it was he was presenting. Despite their close proximity Eric played the gentleman through dinner, though occasionally his hand would wander to her thigh where he would lightly run his fingers for a brief moment.

Perhaps it was the small touches that did it or maybe it was a combination of that and the cocktail she was having but she very quickly felt her own control slipping. By the time they were done with their food she had unconsciously moved so close to Eric that their thighs touched and in order to sit comfortably Eric's arm had to drape across the back of the booth, but he wasn't complaining at all.

The warmth of the alcohol and the man sitting beside her were doing wicked things to her body. She couldn't remember the last time she'd felt so good, so uninhibited. Normally she wasn't one to dance much, at least in public but as they waited for their waiter to return with the receipt visions of the two of them pressed together and moving to the rhythm of some unknown song was all she could think of. Before Eric had even managed to get his wallet back in his pocket, Sophie was on her feet and pulling him from the booth.

"Woah, what's the rush, babe?" he laughed, clearly able to see the slightly unfocused look in her eyes.

"I want to dance with you," she said, "preferably sooner rather than later." And with that she pulled him from the restaurant and down the block to the entrance of the Crystal Ballroom.

The doors had already opened by the time they made it to their next venue so there wasn't much of a crowd outside to contend with. They stopped by the bar and picked up some drinks before following the rest of the stragglers into the main room. Music was already playing through the sound system while everyone waited for the band to start.

While Sophie looked around in awe at the room they had just entered, Eric steered them through the crowd to a more secluded corner. All the while Sophie could not keep her eyes focused on one thing. The unique clash of modern attendants and the nearly 100 year old ballroom presented an almost surreal experience. She took a sip of her drink before setting it down on a small table nearby. As if on cue the lights dimmed and everyone cheered. A group she had never heard of arrived on stage and quickly started their set. It wasn't until two large warm hands grasped her hips and a hard and warm body settled against her back that her attention quickly returned to her companion.

Eric's hands began to move, one resting comfortably on her hip, his fingers drawing random patterns against her dress while his second moved up and spread possessively across her abdomen. Sophie let her head drift back and rest against the hard chest behind her, shivering visibly when Eric leaned down and began to run his lips across her shoulder and up her neck. When his mouth reached her ear she had to stifle a moan.

"Dance for me, Sophie," he whispered.

Their bodies, pressed so intimately together began to move to the rhythm of the music around them. There was no hiding the bulge that Sophie felt pressed against her back and she found her arousal reaching a height she'd never before experienced. Her nipples were painfully erect and aching for some form of stimulation and the ache between her legs was bordering on painful. It didn't take long before their breathing grew heavy with both increased arousal and exertion from the fast paced music. Sophie was able to wiggle around so she faced Eric and with a playful grin she reached up and wrapped an arm around his neck, pulling his head down far enough so he could hear her.

"I never pictured you as the dancing type."

"Really? What guy doesn't like to feel a sexy body sliding against his in public?"

Sophie smirked at his response.

"Yes, but there's only so much you can do in public." Her right hand drifted down from around his neck and grasped the front of his shirt, pulling herself closer against him. She ground her pelvis against the hardness he couldn't control and she smiled in satisfaction when a strangled grown escaped his mouth. His hands gripped her hips hard and held her against him and still as he took a deep breath and looked down at her with piercing eyes.

"You should be careful, Sophie, I've been trying hard all night to be good but if you push me anymore I can't promise to remain so." Sophie pulled his head close once more as heat spread through her body.

"Who said I wanted you to be good?" she whispered.

The suddenness in which Eric released her caused her to stumble. In the half second it took to regain her balance Eric had scooped up her purse, grabbed her wrist and was pulling her toward the exit. When Sophie realized his intentions she couldn't help the laugh that escaped. Eric looked back, dark intent clear in his eyes.

The tension only increased as they made their way to his hotel. Neither of them spoke and as they got closer Eric's pace increased until Sophie was nearly running trying to keep up. As they entered the lobby he slowed enough to dig his key card from his wallet before mashing the button for the elevator. They climbed in along with an elderly couple who seemed oblivious to Eric's dark stares. Sophie was sure that if they were alone in the small space they wouldn't be quietly waiting to reach their floor.

Butterflies were swarming in her stomach and they were definitely not in formation. The door opened on the 3rd floor and the other couple got off. Eric quickly slammed the button to close the door before backing Sophie against the wall and crushing their mouths together with a growl. His hand gripped the base of her neck and his body held her securely against the wall. Her lips parted immediately and without restraint his tongue dueled with hers. It seemed just a moment later that they heard the ding for their floor and Eric reluctantly pulled away.

His room wasn't far down the hall and for that Sophie was glad. Her legs were trembling and whether it was the alcohol or her arousal warring with her sense, the room was beginning to spin. A slide of the card and a click later Eric was pulling her inside the room. There was no time to get her bearings as Eric grabbed her purse and threw it across the room before descending on her. As small squeak left her mouth when Eric's hands gripped her hips and lifted, slamming her into the wall and grinding his pelvis against her searing core, burying his head against her neck.

All coherent thought was gone. All she knew was the feeling of a hard body against hers and the torrents of pleasure radiating from each move Eric made. She wrapped her legs around his waist and pulled his head up to find his lips. Meeting his thrusts with her own expectant ones, she couldn't help the whimper of need that sounded as one of his hands worked its way up her thigh and moved against her soaked panties. Eric broke the kiss and that arrogant smile of his was back. But before he could open his mouth to remark Sophie cut in.

"Fuck me," she pleaded and accentuated her request by moving against his hand. She watched his eyes and smile change. The arrogance was replaced by something darker and so much more appealing. His fingers worked their way into her underwear, all the while maintaining eye contact with the woman in his arms. Sophie felt his fingers wrapped around the fabric and by the time she realized what he planned it was over.