A Long Time Coming Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She and Russell grew apart in the last five years. With work and Briana to think about, she just didn't have much time to pay attention to anything else. Of course, she had to be honest; little brothers were not likely to confide in big sisters. She just felt so helpless about the whole thing. Sleep didn't come easily and it proved to be a long night.

*

When the alarm went off at seven am, Jade still felt exhausted. She awakened several times during the night but managed not to disturb Alex. Once she was fully conscious, she laid awake for some time before sleep came again. Now, hearing the ring of the alarm, she wanted to throw the clock across the room. It might make her feel better, but nothing would change for Russell.

When she became fully aware, she realized that Alex was not in bed. She dragged herself up and into the bathroom, needing to get some life into her tired body. After brushing her teeth, she quickly took a shower and brushed her hair.

The face in the mirror told the story of her restless night with the beginning of puffiness around her eyes. She applied a cool compress and an application of concealer and light make; she looked much better, but only marginally felt better.

She went back to the bedroom and put on a pair of panties and a bra, grabbed her wrapper from the chair and walked across the hall to Briana's room. However, her daughter wasn't there and her bed was neatly made up.

Walking toward the living area, she faintly heard the television which had the volume down low. When she entered the room she found Briana and Alex were sitting on the sofa watching cartoons.

"Hey, how come you two are up so already," she asked.

"I got up to go to the bathroom and then checked on Briana," Alex explained. "She was already awake, so she got up, brushed her teeth and we came out to watch some toons. We've only been in here for about twenty minutes."

Seeing Jade yawn, Alex said, "There's some coffee already made."

"Thanks baby, I need it."

Jade poured a cup of coffee, added cream and sugar then took up a seat next to Alex. After taking a sip, she placed the cup on the coffee table.

"Morning, sweetheart," Alex murmured, giving her a long kiss with a little tongue.

Grinning, he said, "Yum."

Jade smiled, leaned over past him and kissed Briana on the cheek. "Morning, baby," she said.

"Morning, Mommy. Alex made me some hot chocolate with marshmallows. Yum yum!"

"Like I said," Alex smirked, "yum."

Jade smothered a giggle and leaned back as Alex placed his arm around her. Sighing, she let go of some of her tension. Alex always made her feel calmer.

After breakfast they dressed and dropped Briana off at school a few minutes before nine o'clock. There was more than enough time to make it to the courthouse before the proceedings started.

The parents were already there when they arrive. They were talking in hushed tones, but stopped immediately upon seeing them. There were hugs all around, after which, Jade thanked the McCords for coming and murmured words of encouragement to her parents.

It was about fifteen minutes later when Russell came into the courtroom with Mike Lewis. They greeted each other, but Mike didn't have time to talk as Judge Leonard would be coming into the courtroom shortly. He and Russell quickly took their seats. Within minutes the Judge came in and got the proceedings underway.

Jade said a silent prayer as the prosecutor read the charges, which were, breaking and entering, grand theft, aggravated assault, use of a firearm in the commission of a crime and felony fleeing. Since Russell was at the scene of the B and E, he was technically responsible for anything that happened during and afterward, even if he wasn't an active participant.

Jade winched as her mother, who was holding her hand, almost crushed it. However, she didn't make a sound. She sat there stunned by the charges. Mike had warned them beforehand that the charges were serious, but to hear them read out loud had taken the wind out of her. This was very, very bad.

The voices seem to drone on for Jade. She was listening, but other things were crowding her thoughts. She didn't know how her parents would handle it if Russell had to go to prison. Whatever happened, she and Alex would be there for them, she just needed to keep herself together.

Giving herself a mental shake, she focused just in time to hear the prosecutor say, "He's being charged as a juvenile, Your Honor."

Next to her, she heard her mother gasp and whisper, "Thank you, Jesus. Thank you."

Jade felt Alex's arm tighten around her. This was a good thing. She felt the sting of tears, but tried to hold them back. Yes, this was a good thing, but it was still serious. There was the pre-trial and then the trial to get through if Mike wasn't able to get things settled before then.

Mike entered a denial of the petition on Russell's behalf, pending the complete evaluation of the prosecution's case and asked for the pre-trial date to be set.

Everyone was relieved that Russell would be tried as a juvenile, but still fearful of what was to come. However, Mike had a bit of news for them and suggested that they go outside to discuss it.

Once they were outside the courtroom, he addressed them all quietly.

"I've been talking with the prosecutor and I believe that we have the same concern for what is best for Russell. I can't give you specifics right now, but we are trying to get the case resolved at the pre-trial level. There is some discovery still to be done, but once that's completed, he and I will talk again and see what can be agreed upon."

Looking at Russell's parents directly, he continued.

"We've gotten over the biggest hurdle by having Russell tried as a juvenile. In juvenile cases punishment is not the aim it's rehabilitation and prevention. Russell is a first time offender, it's serious, but no one got killed or was seriously injured. If he'd been charged as an adult, this would have been a hard road. Without a doubt, there would have been prison or jail time at the very least."

Does that mean he won't get either?" Juliette asked.

"Not prison, but there is a possibility that he could still do some jail time," Mike stated. "However, there are other options which you will hear about at the pre-trial hearing."

Sighing, Jade's father said, "Thanks Mike, at least a major hurdle is down."

"Don't thank me just yet," Mike said, "let's get Russell through this first."

Jade and Alex said goodbye to everyone. Her parents headed home with Russell, while the McCords went to an engagement after consoling the Harrises.

Alex stopped by his office to get some papers relating to an up coming meeting with a new client. Afterward, he took Jade to his place where he prepared a light lunch. Later, she took a nap while he reviewed his case.

*

Jade awaken feeling more rested than she had in days. She'd been too tired to get under the covers or even undress before dropping off to sleep. Inhaling deeply she could smell Alex's essence and the lingering scent of his cologne on the pillow.

She sighed deeply, releasing the last of her tension. Cautiously optimistic, she was determined to maintain a positive outlook for the duration of the legal proceedings. Stretching languidly she rolled back onto her belly and burrowed further into the pillow. The movement brought her hand closer to her face and her eyes caught sight of her engagement ring.

"Mrs. Alex McCord. Mrs. Jade McCord," she thought. It had a nice ring to it.

Sitting up abruptly, she gasped, "Mrs. Alex McCord!"

She was so concerned with Russell, and rightly so, that she hadn't allowed herself to think about how life would change when she married Alex. For one thing, she and Briana would move into his beautiful home. Would she be able to put her own imprint on it or would he like everything just the same? She didn't know what she could do to improve on such a gorgeous place, but she would like to have the option.

Then there was the fact that she still had over eight months left on her lease and there was her job. Would Alex want her to quit and be a stay at home mom? She knew he wanted children, but when and how many? She'd been on the pill religiously since she had Briana, but she knew if Alex wanted to start a family right away she would be thrilled.

There was another big question on her mind. Alex wasn't just the guy down the street; he was a prominent attorney with connections and a large social circle. How would she fit in with his friends and associates? They've been so isolated since they got together that she'd only met a couple of his friends.

She had been so enthralled with the man that she'd forgotten who he was. He was Alex freaking McCord and she was a black woman with a child out of wedlock. She was proud of herself and what she'd accomplished, but she knew what other people might think. Jade suddenly realized that she'd only seen a small part of Alex's world.

What would he expect of her as his wife?

Her head was starting to pound. She needed to have a long talk with Alex about their future. Dragging herself out of bed she went to the bathroom. She might as well talk to him now or else anxiety was going to drive her crazy.

After showering and brushing her teeth, Jade spent a while sitting on the edge of the tub thinking without coming up with any answers. She got up and splashed cold water on her face and combed her hair. Still no answers, but she felt more awake and able to cope with the questions. Giving herself a pep talk, she went in search of Alex.

Alex was on the phone, apparently talking to a client. His back was to Jade as she entered the room.

"By next Tuesday we should be getting into closing arguments. After that, it's up to the jury."

He paused, obviously listening to the person at the other end.

"Nothing is a sure thing," he answered, "but we did our homework and have a very good chance of winning."

Continuing, he said, "Millers did a pretty good job in trying to tie up everything in fine print, but they were a little too sure of themselves and made a couple of addendums which I believe are going to be problematic for them. On the surface they might seem ironclad, but there were areas that were opened to interpretation. The law states that when there are ambiguities in a contract, they are construed against the party who drafted the document."

Alex listened and then said, "Yes, I think that's a good idea. I'll see you in the morning."

After he hung up, he turned to see Jade sitting on the sofa, her bare feet propped on the coffee table. She had been impressed by what she could hear of the conversation.

"Hey, sweetheart," he said, "did you get enough rest?"

She nodded and got up to walk over to him.

Leaning against Alex, she answered, "Yes, I'm all rested."

She snuggled into his warmth, rubbing her face on his chest, wishing he was shirtless. The man had a hot chest with its pelt of fine silky black hair that trailed down the center of his body to his.... "Stay the course, girl," she told herself.

Lifting her head, she said, "We need to talk about life after marriage. There's a lot I don't know about what you expect, what you want. I know the life you've had since we've been together isn't how it was before you met me. I just want to be sure that I can handle being your wife, that I don't disappoint you."

"Sweetheart, there isn't all that much to being my wife," Alex assured her. "You're already my wife except for a piece of paper. You and Briana are my family."

"But what about social things?" she asked. "I know lawyers network and socialize with each other. And work; how will you feel about me working for your mother once we're married? Then there are kids. When, how many? I..I..." she stammered.

"Hold on, sweetie, there's no need to get yourself worked up about any of this," he said. "I've had a full schedule the past few months and my spare time wasn't spent socializing or networking, it was spent with you, Briana and our families. Although I've had a normal social life, it wasn't as jam packed as you seem to think. I work hard and value the time I have for leisure. There are always charity events, parties, dinners and the like, but I have never felt obligated to attend all of them."

"Once we're settled," he continued, "I'm sure our social life will increase and we'll go to some of those things. When I say some, I mean some. That's not going to be my life, it never has been. While it's important for me to make contacts and to cultivate a social circle that will never be my first priority. We'll be like every other family with working parents."

Relieved, Jade squeezed him gently.

"Thank you, Alex. I got myself all worked up about the unknown," she said stroking his cheek.

"There's nothing to worry about, sweetheart. We'll work out whatever needs to be worked out. As for your job, that's up to you. I don't intend to make you a Stepford wife. Whatever you decide is fine with me, but you don't have to work if you don't want to work."

Looking up at him, she asked, "What about babies?"

Grinning at her, he caressed her butt and said, "Yeah, babies; three or four besides Briana."

"If I can, I'll give you all the babies you want, sweetheart," Jade said. Alex would be a great father.

Feeling the heat radiate from his hand on her butt, she ran her own hand under his shirt and stroked his hard flat belly. Alex moaned softly as she began unbuckling his belt.

Soon her hand was in his briefs. "I want to make love with you."

Jade stroked him until his shaft was hard, the tip slippery with pre-cum. Humming, she began to stroke his cock in earnest.

"Oh, yeah," he grunted, "I like that. You wanna take me right here on the floor or can you wait until we get to the bedroom?"

"Damn, brat!" she giggle. "I ought to call your bluff and have my way with you right here on the floor."

"I'm willing," he grinned, sliding his hand under her dress and into her panties, his fingers stroking her moist pussy from behind. Just the way he liked it, juicy wet.

"I bet you are, but I want this to be long and leisurely and that doesn't include a hard floor."

Jade gasped as he slid a long finger deep into her pussy.

"Alex!" she groaned.

Popping his finger out of her, he brought it to his mouth and licked her juices off slowly, watching her eyes glaze over, the pupils dilating.

"Yum! I want some more. Let's go," he urged dragging her along to the bedroom.

In his bedroom, he stripped Jade and then quickly undressed himself. Once they were naked, he sat on the bed with Jade standing in front of him. She held onto his broad shoulders as one hand wrapped around her hip and the other plumped her breasts.

Sighing, she closed her eyes, trying to control her breathing, but she was losing control fast. She wanted this lovemaking to be about him, but just a touch of his hands had her body preparing for their frenzied coupling.

She loved his cock, that was all there was to it. The eight and a half inches of pleasure fogged her brain even at the sight of it standing rock hard against his equally hard belly.

She loved the feel, the taste, the smell of his arousal.

Every time she took him into her mouth, it was like a gastronomical orgasm. The salty, slightly bittersweet taste of his pre-cum was the ultimate appetizer. The hefty shaft, the main course, and when he came, his seed splashing the inside of her warm mouth was the most decadent dessert imaginable.

Jade wanted that. She wanted it now.

Lowering herself to her knees, she looked into his eyes. The clear deep blue orbs were shinning with anticipation, his breath deep and shallow. His gut wrenched with desire as he watched her lower herself to the floor. He loved what she did to him and couldn't deny how much he wanted her, needed her; only her.

Jade sat back on her heels, smiling up at Alex, watching as his skin started to grow flush and moist with desire. She could almost feel his body heating up as his cock swelled and released pre-cum in little spurts. Just that was enough to make her entire body quiver. But she had to maintain control if this was to last. She wanted Alex to never forget how much she loved him, how totally he'd wound himself around her heart.

She rubbed his hard thighs and whispered, "You are magnificent, Alex. From your head to your toes, you are more man than I could ever dream of having. I love you. I always will. I love your heart, your drive, your compassion, but I also love this monster cock." She ended with a cheeky grin.

With that, Jade slid her tongue over her upper lip, eager to savor the delicious tang of his engorged flesh.

"Lean back, sweetheart and don't move."

Alex leaned back on his forearms just as she took hold of his cock with both hands. The thumb of one hand rode the slit at the top, as she stroked up and down the shaft with the other. His cock quivered and he groaned at the same time.

Jade slid her hand down to cup his balls, rolling them and caressing them as she continued to stroke the shaft from just under the rim to the bottom. Occasionally, she stroked over the entire head, lubing her hand with more of his slick arousal.

She watched Alex watching her, his azure eyes darkening, almost black, his breathing rasping, and his body strained as he willed himself not to jerk her up and onto his heavy cock.

"Jade.....baby, I need you so badly."

Then as she opened her mouth wide and quickly sucked in the head of his cock,

"Shhiiiit!"

Alex's body bucked off the bed and unable to stop himself, his hands grasped her head and held her still as he pushed his cock into her mouth. The head of his penis hit the back of her throat and Jade felt her gag reflex start to engage, but before it could, Alex pulled his penis back. She gulped, trying to regain her breath.

Her respite was short-lived as Alex slid his cock back into her mouth. This time he slowly stroked in and out, occasionally letting the head pop out of her mouth. When it did, she sucked and licked greedily at the slit, indulging in the taste of pre-cum, eager to consume his tangy offering.

"Yeah, baby, that's it. Suck it..suck.....fuck...agghh.. shit!"

He fell back onto the bed as Jade went to work licking up and down his long fat shaft while her hands rapidly stroke and caressed. Gradually, she moved down to his scrotum pulling the tight skin with her lips then caressing each ball with her tongue. Alex's short labored pants and groans mingled with the sucking sounds that bore witness to her enjoyment of his generous manhood.

Taking the head of his cock back into her mouth, Jade licked along the slit, sipping, bringing forth more pre-cum, feeding her hunger for his spicy essence. Alex wanted to give it to her, let her drown in his cum. He relished the deep sucking motion as she tried to swallow every drop of his desire, but he was destined for something more.

His ballsack tingled with the tell tale signs, his lower back stiffened, his erection swell as Jade's continued to enjoy her feast. She was groaning around his cock, mewling as she eagerly sought more. He was going to give it to her, give her what she wanted, what she needed.

Sitting up suddenly, Alex grabbed her head. As he watched her, her cheeks hollow in and then bellowed out as she sucked. "What a fucking turn on," he thought. Then she pulled back until just the head was in her mouth and scraped her teeth gently against the sensitive glans.

"Aggggggghhhh!" Alex grunted followed by a long drawn out groan, his white hot sperm powering out from his dick to rush into her hot oral cavity.

Jade swallowed quickly over and over. She tasted the elemental testament to Alex's arousal as it entered her mouth with jerks and spurts filling it until she had no choice but to swallow or spill his potent sap.