A Mole in the House Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

~*~

After a near sleepless night and a morning filled with the same frustrations I had the evening before of trying to get Lolly to tell me his plan I put him in the back of the van and drove to the northwest part of the city, to Cobb County to make my last phone call. The old man answered on the first ring like he had been sitting by the phone waiting for me.

"Was Lawrence able to decipher any of the stuff?" I asked, again the formality of extending a pleasant greeting alluded me.

"He was...and it's not good. Abdullah is one sick man..."

"Tell me about it...there is an RV park in Stone Mountain, it's pretty upscale. I have an RV parked there..." I went on to give him the license tag and let him know that in the safe in the bedroom was data evidence of Lolly's admission to killing Al and the six men in Washington. "...the only problem is that I couldn't get him to reveal his plans for the conference."

"Well we found his manifesto - his ultimate plan of crowning himself King of his people and we found evidence that there is going to be a bombing in Atlanta...we've notified the Secret Service but they don't seem too concerned. The say the auditorium where the President is going to speak has been locked down for two days straight and checked hourly with bomb sniffing dogs and they haven't uncovered anything. They also claim that security is very tight."

"If Abdullah says there is going to be a bomb...then there is going to be a bomb...and I think his target is the President." I was convinced more than ever that was his ultimate goal. "Like most people in his life he is expendable if it assists his cause. He's told me that he plans on laying the blame for whatever happens today on me and that I am supposed to die."

There was a long pause while the old man digested what I said. "What are you going to do?" He asked morosely.

"It is my sworn obligated to protect the United States and the President at any price...and that is what I am going to do."

"Do you have a plan?" The old man's voice was soft, almost fatherly - a side of him I had never heard before.

"No...but I know well enough to let my instincts guide me...the only thing...well if I don't get out of this thing...will you tell Lawrence that I tried my hardest..."

"I will...he's working around the clock to get more information out of the laptop. The manifesto was the easy part...the emails about the bombing too...but there are some layers he's still trying to break through...I worry that if he breaks through and has the answer we won't be able to reach you."

"That's a chance I'll have to take." I whispered. "Promise me you'll keep Lawrence safe for me..."

"I have and always will. God be with you."