All Comments on 'A Paradox of Averageness'

by Slirpuff

Sort by:
  • 126 Comments (Page 2)
oldtwitoldtwitabout 3 years ago

Read it again and still feel like it is fantastic, so near the truth for most of us

BaggyUKBaggyUKalmost 3 years ago

Just...really really good. Thanks

SarahwithloveSarahwithlovealmost 3 years ago

Now that is a man a woman could love.

SarahwithloveSarahwithlovealmost 3 years ago

BTW, my husband had me the minute he told me "I ride a Harley".

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
What

What a load of nothing.

dgfergiedgfergieover 2 years ago

Very good, I had a smile on my face all the way thru the store, couldn't help giggle in couple places. The mall and shopping. Crazy thing is I had a very physical back in my 30s and 40s for 8 hours day and could handle it. I shopping with the wife and I'm exhaust after 30 minutes of walking/standing around.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 2 years ago

"My wife is a ten, at least in my eyes. She is the woman I fell in love with, had two wonderful daughters with, and who is the one I want to wake up next to every morning." - This is what the women in the stories who want to see if other men find them attractive never realize: They already have a man that finds then attractive, and wants only them, and that should be enough.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Agree with dgfergie.

I have run a 100 km race, but after 30 minutes of stop start stand walk with my wife at a mall or a supermarket, I am tired and footsore. Why are malls filled with "womens" shopping things and just zero for men. No pubs. No hardware stores. No carparts stores. Just bra and panties shops, womens clothing shops, handbag shops and shoe shops and stupid knick knack shops. All of which no normal self respecting man would be seen dead in. Except for Sirpuffs observation about no sex forever.

A good lighthearted short story based upon astute accurate observing of real life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Love is still the best in this awful world that is getting worse daily.

Harvey8910Harvey8910over 2 years ago

What a cute little story with no sex in it but i enjoyed it just the same. I felt like i know Slirpuff a little better after reading this piece. Life in the mall before covid. I wonder if it will ever be like that again. I gave the story 5 stars

DeanofMeanDeanofMeanover 2 years ago

cute story let me guess the wife edited it? hope it worked out for ya a shit load of truth in that

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Loved it! It felt real!

iameaseliameaselabout 2 years ago

You captured reality in a bottle with this one.

parenthesisparenthesisalmost 2 years ago

Yup. Reality doesn't always suck. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

No doubt that malls are a rite of survival for most of us guys. So mething about those places are disorienting and fatiguing. That being said, a cute story. Love certainly colors how we see our soul mates.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago
This is family

Life the way it should be. Great job.

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDayover 1 year ago

Described it perfectly, well done.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Lovely story. And that is real love. May seem.avergae but it the good stuff.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

A good story. At 71 average is just fine. I'm still amazed that I survived this long. My days as a young pup running in the sun are long over. Too many days as a bullet catcher, other injuries and damage. Yes, I'm paying for all of the crap that I did at 19. Yes, I've spent many a hour setting outside a dressing room holding my wife's purse. Not worried about someone making fun of me. I'll hit you with her purse. The odds of you waking up are slim.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Damn fine story if a contented married couple. Be happy with what you had, if possible.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

Sounds like a lovely marriage with two people that will grow old together with no cheating drama or bullshit. Doesn't belong in the LW category ;) This is a place for cheating sluts only (or those tempted to cheat)!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

A mighty sweet story. Nice job. 5 stars!

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

too many people think they want what they don't have . as long as you're happy as you are and you're happy with your spouse/partner , enjoy it and don't think about what something different might be like .

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

There's no other way to describe this other than complete drivel....

AnonymousAnonymous23 days ago

it's a cliche,BUT, being happy with what you have is the secret to a happy life .

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous