All Comments on 'A Tale of Immorality Ch. 08'

by angiquesophie

Sort by:
  • 113 Comments (Page 2)
someoneothersomeoneotheralmost 2 years ago

Very mixed thoughts. The writing is pretentious, but not overly, and it has feeling. Anne is, of course, despicable, but despicable people exist in this world. I, however, cannot buy the story that anyone would pretend that they could not both have a loving relationship and sometime have an animalistic one. The author ultimately damns the whore. I dislike violence in stories, because adultery is not a capital crime. But the violence at least works in this story, and particularly the nameless wife of the deceased adulterer Ralph.

fishgetterfishgetteralmost 2 years ago

someoneother9 days ago

'''''Very mixed thoughts. The writing is pretentious, but not overly, and it has feeling. Anne is, of course, despicable, but despicable people exist in this world. I, however, cannot buy the story that anyone would pretend that they could not both have a loving relationship and sometime have an animalistic one. The author ultimately damns the whore. I dislike violence in stories, because adultery is not a capital crime. But the violence at least works in this story, and particularly the nameless wife of the deceased adulterer Ralph.'''' ........I like violence in a story if directed at the Ass Holer. When violence (physical) is directed towards the female, well not so much to my taste. Just BTB and let God sort her out. I had to skip to chapter 8 the rest seemed too drawn out.

SexecclecticSexecclecticover 1 year ago

It was going along really well. Anne’s thoughts and philosophies on how and why she cheated were interesting, not all lead characters have to be heroic or morally upright. But I enjoy learning the psychology of why people do what they do, so it was a different experience.

Like most people who’ve critiqued this story, I found the violence far over the top and hard to read. Perhaps a scenario that like happens frequently, but it made for an unrewarding ending. Had George caught her and dissolved the marriage, that would’ve made sense. Or paid her back somehow or another. Just a bummer of an ending to an otherwise engaging read.

LoejtcLoejtcover 1 year ago

To: someoneother

Of course it is your right to dislike violence but your rationale seems misguided. Adultery's criminal classification has nothing to do with a human's emotional response to treachery. And adultery is betrayal of one of the deepest emotional bonds associated with the human species.

Two people willingly and consciously commit themselves to each other. They look to each other as the one person among all others who will always remain loyal, can always be trusted, will always "be in his/her corner" through life's trials.

Soldiers have long known the meaning of this level of commitment. Treason is in fact a capital offense because the lives of your fellow comrades is dependent on you fulfilling your commitment.

This level of trust seems to be hard wired in our ancient brain and it reacts, often irrationally, to perceived threats to our well being. Dante, in his "Inferno" reserved the ninth and lowest level of Hell to the betrayer!

So George reacted and destroyed the threat to his marriage.

Didn't you ever hear of road rage? Should a nameless driver be shot to death because he cut off someone else? Are poor driving skills a capital crime?

The author was clearly dealing in the subjective often irrational response of a betrayed husband. Why would you think his response would be rational?

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69over 1 year ago

Gosh! You love sluts.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Atleast George got some peace

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Alas...this is what often happens in life when a spouse is betrayed so absolutely and completely. Unfortunately cheating leads to human reactions. And violence is one of those most common reactions.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Hmmm...if one of the best authors on this site cannot turn it around for a woman lost in immorality then I suppose that no one can. When all of the bravado, all of the inverted reasoning, all of the tortured European philosophy, all of the in-your-face posturing reduces down to "worthless trash", then what is the value of the story itself? What is the value of telling it? As a dire warning perhaps? An exercise in ennui? The author asks us to "jump your shadow" while reducing George to an "anemic skeleton". Sophisticated George should have paid more attention to his wayward wife and she should have paid more attention in Sunday school.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Overall, stunningly written series about a truly vacuous and despicable human being and a tragic ending. The first 5 chapters, being the self-indulgent and rationalizing parts, were a bit more drawn out than it needed to be, but then again, you can see the steady decline into more depravity. The last 2 chapters were where the emotions were brought out and where the endgame unfolded. Great work.... tragedy indeed.

ZippityDoDaDayZippityDoDaDay11 months ago

Well, that was depressing.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

As much as I like your writing this one is just to dark, It plays to my mind as a woman unbalanced and is very depressing..

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger4 months ago

You are an excellent writer, I very much enjoyed this story. The thought process of the cheater was very nearly convincing too, in the early parts, ultimately recanted by her as the ultimate tragedy struck at end, however, many valid points.

That they irritate many of our US readers and provoke comments of "tortured European Philosophy" strikes me as utterly bizarre, given that they live in a society where on average 3 children a day lose their lives to gun violence, where any idiot can freely possess a high capacity weapon designed for war and mass killing and frequently some idiot uses the weapon for the purpose it was designed for. I'll take European philosophy any day thanks and be relatively more confident of survival day to day.

Anyway, I digress, well written, well done and thank you.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

God, this child would be better off dead. Sooner or later he's gonna learn the truth both how dear sweet mom is whoring muderess and a liar; saddling him with the name of the man he mudered to justify her continued existence.

This was a fantastic treatise on a sociopathic personality. Very well done.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userangiquesophie@angiquesophie
1322 Followers
42 years ago I was born near Brussels, the Belgian capital. Since my 15th birthday I live in Amsterdam, where I own a small fashion atelier. We specialize in custom designed corsets and assessories that cater to the exclusive tastes of a wealthy, discreet clientele with a cert...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES