A Timeless Place Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

The man stood watching Jonathan realizing the extent of his true grief. It was almost startling to him that the young man would even think of being so bereaved for such an undeserving soul as Mr. James Bowman. Yet, he had to remind himself that Jon had lived with the man most of his life, knowing no other than James.

As he stood scrutinizing him for a long moment realizing that emotional state Jon was in. It occurred to him that possibly now wasn't the time to tell him the truth about his natural parents, being it would only confound his instability more. He looked down thinking on it and how he should now smooth this over with the kid. The last thing he had meant to do was cause him more pain and grief.

Slowly he meandered to the young man who was reduced to tears. Slipping an arm about his shoulders he became flummoxed when Jonathan turned willfully burying his face in his jacket. Easing his arms around him brought back some very pleasant memories of this excitingly sensual being. He struggled to maintain some sort of reasonable tact as he held him.

His eyes lifted to the balcony from where Jon had been with his family. Tony was on his feet leaning on his hands that gripped the railing taut. He was watching like the hawk he is, and of course Mr. Preston had expected it. Bruce, Greg and Peter were trying not to be so obvious. But, he could see them each glance over at him from time to time, paying close attention to him and Jon. And it was obvious these men were more than protective of him.

"Jon, you should go back inside and finish your meal with your friends. They seem a little concerned about you being down here alone with a stranger." He offered.

"You're not a stranger, Mr. Preston." Jon backed up wiping his face with his hands.

"Not to you, but to them, I am." He paused giving him that gentle smile that Jonathan enjoyed so very much. "And besides, we don't want them thinking that I have lecherous intentions with you."

Now Jonathan laughed. "Oh, that would be out of character for you, wouldn't it?" he teased.

Mr. Preston chuckled at his wit. "Forgive me if I find you just so irresistibly desirable."

"Well, thank you, Mr. Preston. But, I must inform you now, that those days are over for me. I do not intend to resume much of my uncle's business with any of his clients."

"I had thought as much, which is why I haven't asked, Jonathan. You're your own man now. Your uncle's business should change now that it all belongs to you. But, if you should ever need my assistance, I'm more than willing to give it."

"Thank you. I'll remember that if I find myself in a tight spot." Jonathan grinned as he watched the man thoroughly with his poker face, not revealing anything of his emotions. "Let me walk you back to your car and I'll comply with your suggestion." He motioned a hand politely toward the car, evidence of James Bowman showing through.

Mr. Preston nodded starting slowly toward his car. "You're your own man, Jonathan. One James Bowman was almost too much for this world to deal with. Another may cause it to go into a tailspin." He jested though he was serious.

Jonathan laughed again feeling some old stirrings for this man once more. He was one of the very small numbers of men that he never minded giving his services to. They had actually formed a close bond in that he was able to express himself however he felt with each visit. And often times, Mr. Preston had only wanted his company rather than the physical aspects of their relationship. He took note of the fact that his news to Mr. Preston hadn't seemed to bother him at all. This caused him to trust him even more than he had before.

He had trusted him in the past with comments and news of his daily life with his uncle, of which none of it had ever gotten back to Jim from the beginning. There had been things he had told Mr. Preston that he had not even begun to voice to his family. And he felt there was no need to upset them now that his uncle was dead.

"Joshua," he halted looking up at the balcony where Tony was keeping a watchful eye on them.

"What's on your mind, Jonathan?" the man stopped smiling at him, knowing something had been there. He also knew that when Jonathan called him by his first name, he was about to hear something most secret from the kid.

"If I told you something a little crazy, you won't think I'm psycho will you?" Jon's brow was furrowed as he asked.

Mr. Preston laughed. "Jon, you know I hear off the wall secrets on an hourly basis, daily. Why should I think you psychotic?" He commented staring into his eyes long and seriously then.

12