Against the Odds Ch. 03

Story Info
Ellis is kidnapped by two greedy uncles but it ends well.
10.2k words
4.76
26.5k
2
0

Part 3 of the 5 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 11/21/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

IN THIS Western arching 120 years, be prepared for a little humor and even satire, sex, romance and obnoxious attitudes. The setting is Clyde, a small servicing a hinterland of small farms and ranches In pioneering days the Jefferson family arrived first followed by the Elliot's. They cross-married but within this generation the two families divided because of 'the incident' a rape that begat the very personable Miss Ellis Jefferson (33), illegitimate daughter of an Elliot. Ellis now a highly successful lawyer brings in Troy Gardiner to consolidate and manage her new property interests. Ellis suspects two uncles are scheming to divest her of her property inheritance. Troy mounts a quest with two buddies to find and free Ellis. He's just made friends with a couple of cops who ultimately will save his life.

*

Rancher Mitch Elliot, used to pitting himself against wily horses not wanting to be found or rambunctious rounded up cattle attempting to break free, had been surprised that the woman in their party of three to locate and rescue the kidnapped wealthy lawyer Ellis Jefferson had come up with the solution on how to shorten their search: wait and follow the uncles when they left their homes.

Even more astounded by Molly Drusovich's genius was Troy Gardiner, recently returned from seven years as an elite security team leader working for a huge remote mining company in South Africa. One of his tasks was to return absconded workers or to track down thieves taking anything from food, equipment, vehicles or unprocessed precious stones while risking having himself and team members shot at, knifed, ambushed or have their vehiclea rammed.

Nervous now that their mini-operation was beginning to look like a modern version of the Keystone Cops, Mitch asked in a slightly apologetic tone, "I suppose you did confirm that she was snatched I?"

"Yes, Troy said ominously. "The alarm of my special radio link with her sounded, indicating her transmitter had either been switched off or destroyed or dropped into a very hostile environment for a radio such as into water or down a deep shaft, I phoned Ellis but there was no reply; and on the way out here I detoured to her home and found her car in her driveway, lights on, key in the ignition and driver's door half wrenched off it's hinges which suggests your foreman Bute may have been involved. And yes the lights of the house were off, the doors locked and I dashed in nextdoor and the couple came out from watching TV reported having heard a screaming banging and shouting said they hadn't bothered to check if their neighbor was okay."

"Well, that sound's pretty conclusive to me," Mitch said. "What about you Molly?"

"Sounds like confirmation of a kidnap to me," Molly said with the ease of someone who knows she's now accepted fully as a member of a team.

Troy said he didn't want Mitch to be firing a rifle. "Take one by all means and lock it to your vehicle in case we come unstuck. But if the culprits flee I want them stopped by birdshot being fired into the air. If the culprits come running at you with a knife or whatever you are free to use appropriate action in self defence."

"Aye, aye, general," grinned Mitch. Molly liked that so added her grin.

"Right, give me a torch Mitch and I'll go down and ensure the tanks of three ATVs are topped up. Tell me which ones to select."

"Take the three with trays at the back and load aboard rope as we can expect to have naughty men to tie up as our prisoners. I'll fetch a medical kit when I go for my cam-corder. Let's take some shots of us preparing; if somehow we bungle to a successful conclusion we'll be glad we took them for posterity."

"That's fine," Troy said. "You two check in with your families now. I suggest you say we're heading out at dawn and expected to find what we're looking for before noon. Say that Ellis appears to be gotten herself lost but we know where she is. Then say any further information has to come from command headquarters. No need worrying them needlessly."

Molly called Herman.

"Hi darling, sorry to wake you up but I did say I'd report in. I'm on a search and rescue exercise. It's so interesting. The Commanding Officer is a twit though; doesn't think women have a brain in their head."

"I know darling, but you are highly intelligent. This thing could roll on to midday. I'll phone when I have news. Kiss-kiss."

Troy looked straight at Molly and grinned. She sent back a smile that said thank you for smiling; you're really not such a bad guy.

Mitch made his call. "Hi Gabriel, sorry to wake you but I did advise I'd get back to you. Don't quite know what this is about yet. The briefings are fucking awful – there's a guy strutting around like a general scratching his head because daylight won't hurry up. I'm picking it's some sort of raid on ranchers who haven't paid their taxes or perhaps they're after rustlers. I'll guess someone will know something by lunchtime. I'll call when I have something to report. There seems to be plenty of food and drink. Keep that pussy warm for my darling. Bye."

"Is that Gabriel's pussy or do you actually have a cat?" Troy asked straight-faced but was unable to withstand's Mitch's incredulous gaze. The three of them roared with laughter, the last signs of tension gone."

"Right, let's have an open sandwich and coffee before we move out in forty minutes," said the general. "I'd like us in position thirty minutes before sun-up. We two will follow you Mitch – these things have parking lights I suppose?"

"They do but I'll tie tea-towels over the headlamp to curb flare and distance penetration. That will be good enough as we'll keep down below the rim-line. I'll bring out some birdshot cartidges for you Molly. Keep your buckshot out of the way in another pocket; you may need it if someone comes at you firing or charging with a butcher's knife."

"I don't suppose I could fill the gas tanks and you do the open sandwiches general?"

"Oh Molly, I'd gladly switch but unfortunately I'll be looking for my piece of chain - if that big bloke is there and runs amuck, he'll have to be stopped somehow if we aren't going to shoot him, which I think is wise otherwise the cops would have to be brought in; Ellis will kick butt over that."

"You're right Troy, I mean general," Molly said. "She'll be stroppy enough as it is."

* * *

From sun-up everything went like clockwork. Mitch had left Troy in position and escorted Molly along for three hundred yards and then straight up a gentle slope and parked. He walked her six feet farther up the slope and she found herself looking down on to Richard Elliot's house.

"The bathroom is facing you so you'll see the light come on. Being sixty, by the time he's crapped it will be daylight."

Molly giggled and said Mitch was funny. He kissed her and said, "Take care this morning Molly – if you get hurt you won't be able to fence at weekends. We're waiting to have eleven miles of fencing replaced over summer. My thinking is the general hasn't appeared to be doing well and yet he was bang on about this happening; I think if the crap hits the fan we'll see a different caliber of guy in action. Let him take the risks Molly, not you; he's not married."

"I didn't like him when he first came to us but I guess he's okay. He never complains, gets things down but he's shagging the ass off his PA, potentially one of my best girls."

"Well, you said he gets things done."

"She's married with two little ones,"

"Oh Christ – are you going to take her away from him?"

"I was. I had to inform Ellis and she just said to let him be; he's new in town so perhaps his PA gave him an offer he felt obliged to take, aware that he only knew three women in the entire city – his PA, Ellis and me. Ellis said she felt he'd back away from his PA as soon as settled in. I think perhaps she's right."

Mitch prepared to walk back to his four-wheeler. "He should try Ellis – he's good enough for her."

"Well, I'll see how he goes today; I may very well end up with the same opinion, not that is matters to Ellis. Bye – don't forget to ,ove about on your bike on low revs."

It was light before Richard switched off the bathroom light and minutes later he was on his four-wheeler heading to the old homestead occupied by his older brother. That allowed Molly to rejoin the other two and fifteen minutes they were off, thankful that the brothers resisted the urge to burn rubber. The ground was damp from an over-night shower so their dust trails were negligible.

Mitch who had detoured to roar off to check the waterwheel kept in touch by radio using their code: "I spotted a waterfall (waterwheel) on the right when I went through but no sign of deer."

Later, "I've come to the end of the track (barn and bulk fertilizer store) on the left. Take care. Try to spot me and follow."

They were now riding over fairly level grassland and slowed until the two riders well ahead crested the rise. Mitch signaled to move it and the three would-be rescurers raced to the crest and looked down into a basin. Mitch was able to work out the situation.

"They'll have her held in an old mine shaft drilled vertically in a 'sink'," he called.

Molly and Troy gave the thumbs up.

"They have veered left as there's quite a smooth track down that way so we'll take it to the right; it will be rough, so be careful. When I slow right down, avoid excessive motor noise. We will move through trees that should help to muffle sound and we're fortunate to have what breeze there is blowing our way. This is an ancient slump of land in the centre of rock, probably a swamp that is now draining for some reason – probably a fissure has opened up. It's not on our property and is at least twelve miles from that landowner's ranch house so it is remote, By the time we reach the flat those skunks should be down the shaft so shouldn't hear us."

The trio parked on the edge of trees.

"I'm going in after the big fellow if he's there so any others will probably flee when I attack him – we're dealing with cowards here. You guys stay on your bikes and charge them down. Pointed shotguns should halt them. Mitch take some film of their bikes outside that shaft – look, there's the third bike under the trees.

"Where?"

"Under the fourth and fifth tree out from the rock face Mitch."

"Christ, I thought I had good eyesight but only can just see it – a sort of darker shadow."

"When you are stalking a wounded lion or buffalo Mitch, you learn to see."

"I can only just see the trees down there," Molly complained.

They watched with interest as Troy bound the chain to his wrist with wire, Mitch filming the action. Troy slapped Mitch on the back and then kissed the surprised Molly on the lips and said, "You watch yourself sweetheart."

Then he was gone.

"Where the fuck did he go?" Mitch said, rising up from checking playback on his camera.

"I don't know," Molly said. "He kissed me and I looked at you hoping you hadn't noticed and when I looked back he wasn't there."

"I see him," Mitch said, pulling Molly up against him and bending over and pointing. "Follow to the end of my finger."

"Oh yes, he's certainly a smooth walker – no, he's loping," she said. "Jesus, look at the ground he's covering. Don't move – it's nice standing against you – damn it, he's almost at the entrance. Let's start up our bikes – I'll take the far side if that's okay and you cover the left and middle as you'll be faster and more agile."

"Understood. Look, he's disabling their vehicles; good man," Mitch said.

They watched the general seemingly drift into the mouth of the horizontal shaft and disappear.

* * *

After dining with Troy Ellis approached the garage wondering why she'd been so mean. She should have asked Troy home for a little something, or even a big something if he were up to it after drinking alcohol. Some men appeared unaffected when they drank.

She fumbled at the switch of the garage opening when she saw the huge man arrive beside her car door. She screamed and attempted to lock it but he opened and wrenched the door back with a tearing of complaining metal.

"Scream or resist and I'll break your neck with one blow," growled the gorilla. "Before she realized what was happening he'd stuck a needle in her arm. She howled and screamed and everything went black.

It was pitch black when Ellis awoke and realized she was still alive. The air felt dank and she heard water dripping. To her left she heard a man snoring – that would be that nasty gorilla. She went to move and found she was restricted and only then became aware of metal bands on her wrists; she was chained to a wall. Gingerly she lifted a leg and felt the weight of a chain and assumed the other leg was similarly restrained.

This was just as Troy had predicted. It was just as if he'd planned it and commissioned the thug to retrieve her for him' she didn't believe for a moment he'd do that. He mouth was dry and her head woozy, but she was not in pain. Her feet felt cold and wet and Ellis realized she was chained to stand in water. She managed half a step in either direction and forward, but the water remained. She managed a slight backward walk up the wall behind her and found her feet were on a small ledge, no longer in the water.

So she spent the rest of the night thinking about her life and dozing. When she heard the gorilla snort and distinctly heard him scratch – probably removing fungus and wildlife from under his armpits and from his crotch – she heard him walk a few paces and urinate. Oh God – would that diseased green slime from him drain back into that puddle?

"Are you awake?"

She thought it advantageous to answer so said yes.

"I'll light the lamp."

Quietly she stepped down into the water; no sense alerting and upsetting him if she were meant to be receiving the water torture.

He lit the lamp and she could see this enormous bulge at his front; he was dressed only in an obscenely small pair of imitation leopard briefs. She prayed that he was actually a eunuch.

"Water?"

What, his pee? But she was thirsty.

"What have you got?"

"With airs like that I ought to give you water from that puddle you're in."

Why don't you you ape; see if I care.

"I have still or sparkling,"

"Why not live it up; sparking please."

He reached across and placed the container of spring water in her hand.

"I'll put a collar on you and take you outside for a pee and a crap in the morning, okay?"

"Yes – it's no use me let fly on to your bed."

He laughed a booming laugh possibly loud enough to start a rock fall. She tensed but all she heard was him passing wind. Gawd, aren't some men awful.

"How long before you take me out to abulutions."

"Don't use fancy words on me."

"For me to pee and crap."

He said two and a half hours and she must shut up now and he turned off the lamp.

Ellis backed up quietly to stand on to the narrow rock ledge.

She awoke with a start and away in the distance could see daylight. He was scratching and farting, almost playing a tune – a little piece of Sousa perhaps? She was amazed that despite falling asleep she'd stayed on the ledge; her arms were sore so perhaps she'd sunk forward on her arm chains.

He put a leather strap around her neck. A dog collar – a fucking dog collar; she could smell the dog. Bozo the dog owner led good doggie down the long tunnel. Doggie really wanted a pee but this was not the place. He took her to one side and looped the chain around a slender tree and locked it. He grinned, holding up the key and said only one key, he mustn't lose it. The key to her wrist bands had been thrown on to his bed.

"Toilet paper."

He scowled. "I'm not walking all the way back in there. Oh, there are some napkins on the back of my four-wheeler with our breakfast stuff. We are expected to be out of here by lunchtime if you are a good girl. If not I reckon the two bosses will shaft you and then they go off and I'll be free to do anything I like with you, anything I wish.

The gorilla returned with the paper napkins. Oh my, aren't we posh, she joked, attempting to keep her spirits up. "Here let me help you; I'll remove your panties and dress – you won't want to mess yourself. That's a lovely pussy; my hand up that will feel tight."

Ellis almost fainted at the thought of that huge hand up her. She could see he was growing hard.

"Look, I had to promise I wouldn't touch you. Philip wants you kept pure. Suck the tip of my cock."

"No, get away you beast."

"I can reach inside that cunt of yours and turn everything wrong way around, and providing there's no bleeding no-one will ever know."

Ellis went to take the evil-looking red, black and dark blue head into her mouth when she began to crap, probably out of fear.

"Oh yuk," he complained. Crapping while I want a sucking. I'll get what I want later."

She involuntarily peed over his boot. Instead of whacking her he just grinned. The collar tie was very handy as with her hands free she was able to she was able to attend to herself well.

She watched him masturbating, a good twelve feet away, and idly wondered by the size of him he might be able to hit her with a squirt from over there. Normally she didn't think foul things like that. All her life she'd attempted to be pleasant in an attempt to engender popularity to help erase ostracism created by family and more distant relatives. On this occasion accepting the sheer disgusting behavior of the brute (who she was yet to learn was appropriately named Bute and not ape or the other names she'd imagined) seemed to help insulate her from fear; he'd already mentioned her 'airs' presumably meaning airs and graces so she was shrinking her persona to project nothing that antagonized him.

She was in survival mode and had the edge of competitive intelligence to realize that and yet knowing if she didn't yield the brute could be left to fist her and pull her gut out through her vagina; that thought had her teetering on the edge of fainting.

But then she heard it: a drone. Her heart jumped. It was the sound of at least one ATV. Here rescuers were arriving!

The ape was beside her unlocking the chain around the tree. "Here are the two bosses," he growled. "Must get you chained to the wall. Heh-heh-heh – those fools think chained to cold stone with your feet in water for most of the night will break you, turning you into a jabbering idiot. Best you play along because if they bawl me out I'll think of a way to punish you for that."

"Anything you say Master."

"What? Oh yeah. Come on my pretty little cunt on a lovely body. I haven't seen your titties yet, have I. Soon baby, soon. Follow daddy. Ruff, ruff – good doggie."

Ellis was chained, head on her chest, standing in the water when she watched the two terrible twins arrive – at least that's how she imagined them as although Philip had lighter hair and facial features than his younger brother; both were dressed identically: thick tartan shirts, leather jerkins, jeans and riding boots.

"How is she?"

"Broody and not talking boss. I took her out to crap and all she did was make crying sounds."

"Ah, whimpering. That's a good sign."

"Ellis, it's your Uncle Philip. How are you?"

Ellis looked at him dully. As he stepped to the water's edge she smelled his BO.

"We can do this the easy way or the hard way, Ellis. Once you agree to hand over all those properties Gran Jefferson left to you, we'll take you to my lawyer who is holding a schedule of transfers I have arranged. Once you sign them we then go to visit my father in his room at the old folk's home where he and you will sign documents transferring his power of attorney on city property interests from you to me and then we'll all done. Do you understand/"

"W-what are you s-saying?" Ellis said, attempting to make it difficult for him.