Alone at the End of the World Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jonah turned to him. In the dimmest light from the edges of the window, his face still had that strange healthy look, but the color in his cheeks seemed waxy and false, like someone had painted the health on his face. His eyes were hectic and bright.

"Promise me you wont try to hunt Mark down."

Thad was very quiet. "It was Mark? Your leader's younger brother? Why the fuck are you trying to protect him."

Jonah flinched from the anger in his lover's voice. "Because. That's the reason I left. I couldn't tell anyone, because if they f-found out about him, then something would happen. I'm n-not sure what, b-but someone will get hurt. Promise me Thad."

Thad went stiff. His anger was building up inside him. Couldn't Jonah see? Why couldn't he see why this animal needed to die?

"Ow! Thad stop it!" The panicky note in Jonah's slurred voice snapped Thad out of his rage, and he realized that he was holding Jonah too tight, his forearm was digging into Jonah's frail chest, cutting off his air.

Jonah went limp and cried helplessly. "P-Promise me!" He whispered. "Promise, or I wont go! You c-can carry me, b-but I'll scream, and m-m-make the c-crazies hear us."

Thad rubbed the bridge of his nose. His rage was gone, gone at the shock of hurting Jonah. Now he just felt helpless and scared. "I promise Jonah. I swear, I wont hurt Mark. But if he tries to d-do anything to you--I'll... I'll kill him."

Thad was choking, trying to keep the angry sob from his throat. Jonah went limp in his arms, huddling into his body. He fell asleep with the tears drying on his face.

Tomorrow was going to be a big day.