Alone at the End of the World Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic LiteroticaĀ® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Cruel2BKind
Cruel2BKind
994 Followers

Thad sighed, and cupped Jonah's sweaty head under his chin. "Maybe, Sweetheart... Maybe."

"I mean, the disease started in the south, it didn't even get to us for a while. I remember hearing broadcasts saying that the disease had JUST broken out in certain cities well after and well before it reached Bemidji."

Thad kissed Jonah. "I love you Baby... but my dad had a saying."

Jonah looked up at him, curious.

"Hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. That way, all of your surprises are happy."

Jonah felt his eyes sting. "Yeah."

"I'm sorry Jonah."

The young man shook his head. "No. Don't be." He held off the despair in his voice to ask Thad a question. "Thad... What's gonna happen to us? Humanity?"

Thad thought about what to say. And then shrugged.

"I don't know what's going to happen. Maybe we'll do the same shit over again. The Crazies will all die, the government will come out of their hidden bunkers and eventually, we'll set up our old cities and empires. Maybe in history classes ten generations from now, they'll read about us like we read about the bubonic plague."

"Maybe we'll all die. Another disease will spring up, or maybe we're just too modernized to survive. We'll give up, and eat our pistols, or these new wild dog packs will tear us to shreds."

"Maybe, maybe we'll evolve. Learn from our mistakes."

Jonah was quiet. "I love you Thad." He whispered, kissing the older man on his soft lips, tasting the tender insides where the skin transformed from dark brown to a tender vulnerable pink.

Jonah rested his head on Thad's arm. "No matter what happens. I'm glad you're here. I'm glad that I'm not alone."

THE END

Cruel2BKind
Cruel2BKind
994 Followers