Amid The Shadows Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

'Fuck'. Jensen went for the gunman first, He moved lightly on his feet, his right arm flying out to disengage the gun. With his left hand, he used the palm of his hand to hit the guy under his chin. As his teeth chatted and his mouth slammed together, Jensen grabbed the guy's head and pelted his knee into his gut. He felt a sting on his side and knife guy nicked his side. As he turned and the train slowed he used knife guy to steady himself. He banged his forehead into knife guys and watched with some delight as he yelled and his nose seeped blood. As Knife guy clenched his nose in a haze Jensen struck. He flung out his fist, left, right, left as the train swayed and knife guy bounced against the opposite carpeted wall. At least that offered some cushioning in sound. Jensen saw the platform sign pass through the door window and the start of commuters and travellers lining the platform edge. Knife guy was slumped against the wall. The fourth minion blocking exit two stood a little dazed and confused.

'This isin't over' number four said shakily, blindly batting the exit button with the back of his hand. As the inner door finally opened, he turned and bolted down the aisle of the carriage in the opposite direction, Jensen watched him bumping blindly into the raising trains passengers.

Jensen looked to his side, glad to be wearing a black t shirt. The wet patch forming wasn't nearly as noticeable. He wavered and moved back towards his seat, several people had moved and started to exit the train. Alex was pulling on her jacket. 'What's going on?' She asked worried.

'We need to leave the train,' Jensen stated, 'Now'.

* They where only a few miles from their destination, Alex had supported Jensen the last few steps into the hotel room they had booked. She gently eased him onto the bed and moved the the bathroom. The first thing she grabbed was a towel and face cloth. The second was bottled water from the mini bar. As she returned to the bed, Jensen was removing his shirt.

Claude was busy on the phone, making up some elaborative story to gather a needle and some thread. Alex checked the small travel kettle on the stand by the window and flicked on the red light. She knelt before her Mage and cracked the top of the water. She drenched the cloth and handed him the rest. 'Take a sip' she told him. His face was paler. She cleaned his side carefully. The cut wasn't long just a little deep and angry. It seeped blood like a dipping tap. She held the cloth to the wound.

There was a rap on the door, Claude answered and blocked the view, thanking the bellboy quickly and stuffing a note into his hand.

Jensen's hand covered Alex's, as she looked up he smiled, 'I've had worse and I heal quick.'

Alex smiled and replaced her hand with his own. She took the items, threaded the needle and sterilised the needle with the kettle's boiled water. She leaned over and kissed her Mage.

'This may hurt.' She told him sadly.

Jensen gripped her head and kissed her fiercely, pushing his tongue into her mouth and drawing her closer. He pulled back and placed their foreheads together. 'Do it.'

Alex slowly cleaned the wound and started to stitch, each time Jensen winced her side tingled and she felt physically sick. She cut the last thread and wiped the area. Claude was busy cutting a piece of gauze to place over the wound. Alex gently finished the job and smoothed her hand over the bandage. 'There' she said quietly.

'Beautifully done' Claude said, gathering all the fodder and moving to the bathroom.

Jensen pulled on her arm and took her back with him onto the bed. 'How far away are we from where we need to be?' He stroked her hair.

'Not far about four miles.'

'From the stone?' Jensen asked surprised.

'No from the key.'

Jensen closed his eyes. * Alex stood under the spray of a hot shower, she felt tired. She'd watched over Jensen for a few hours. He seemed to be recovering well. His colouring had returned. She and Claude had had room service and discussed their next plan of action. As soon as Jensen was awake they needed to go. Alex couldn't settle she'd been agitated a first, now the past few days just seemed to have exhausted her. He mind seemed to be finding every which way to stay alert. Images flickered in her mind as she closed her eyes to sleep. She turned off the spray and wrapped a towel around her frame. She wiped the mirror above the porcelain sink with a hand towel. The healing scars on her chest looked more red and angry due to the heat. She touched them lightly as a gentle knock sounded on the door.

Jensen opened the door, quickly getting enveloped by steam.

'I'll be right out.' Alex cleared her throat and reached for the hairbrush.

Jensen stepped inside, he took the brush and gently pulled it through her hair. Alex smiled at him through the glass. 'Thank you.'

'You look exhausted, beautiful but exhausted.'

'I was just thinking that this is day two. We need to get the key today. I feel...' she waved her hand to animated what she couldn't express.

Jensen caught her hand and kissed a fingertip. 'I Know.' he said quietly.

'This whole situation is pretty messed up isin't?'

Jensen laughed and hugged her. She smelled cleaned and felt good.

'Hows your side?' Alex murmured into his chest.

'Better thanks to your handy work, Claude's just taken out the stitches.'

'That quickly?' Alex pulled back and examined his side, as she bent forward, the valley of her chest caught his eye. A few pink lines marred the area but that wasn't what caught Jensen's gaze. As her fingertips brushed his skin. He tugged the towel away. As Alex laughed he picked her up and placed her on the sink. She gasped suddenly as the contrast in heat.

Jensen stepped between her legs and immediately went to her breasts, he gently touched the underside of each as Alex arched, he weighted each one in his hand. As his head descended towards the one on the left, his left arm snaked around her back and drew her closer. He stood cradled between her body, his mouth on the sweetest thing.

'That feels so good.' Alex palmed his hair with one hand the other grasping the sink.

'You drive me crazy.' Jensen replied, even as his side twinged, her looked over her, 'In the midst of this...' He stopped.

As Jensen palmed her right breast he kissed her mouth, their tongues fighting for dominance as she rubbed herself against his mid riff. Jensen felt his cock twitch, his arousal was straining against the material of his pants to be free.

'Hold onto the sink' Jensen said gruffly as he pulled away.

He took a second just to observe the woman before him, She was arched slightly against the white contrast of the facilities. Her body was still slightly pink from the shower her legs and arms open in greeting. Jensen growled and tore the pants from his body. The ping ping sounding of the buttons bouncing on the tiled floor. Jensen touched himself, slowly stroking himself as he eyed his prize. Alex moaned at the sigh and shuffled on the sinks edge.

'Don't tease' She said.

As Jensen came froward, He moved his right hand to her core. His fingers working into her centre. She was already wet but not quite ready. He worked his fingers in and out, feeling her core squeeze against his hand. Her receptiveness turned him on more. His cock was already moist with he evidence of it. As Alex started to pant, she gripped his shoulder and dragged him forward. As his stomach touched the cold porcelain between her legs and it was his turn to gasp. Alex wrapped a leg around him and panted into his ear, 'I want you now.'

Jensen moaned and pulled back to guide himself into her, As she gripped him and he slide closer both let out a contented sigh. She felt right Jensen though as he moved slowly, drawing out the process and torturing them both.

Alex gripped him tighter and lifted her hips to draw him closer. He was doing it on purpose, the slow build, the waiting. She moved the leg around his waist lower, drawing him in. His balance faltered and he drove in deeper. Alex cried out and gripped tighter.

'So impatient today?' Jensen chuckled a little breathless.

'Just fuck me Mage.'

Jensen grinned and twisted his hips, gleeful at the expression on her face. He worked her slowly, then alternated his thrusts to faster and shorter. He could feel the churn in his lower stomach. Alex gripped his arms, giving up on the pretence of using her own strength, at his mercy, she moaned and encouraged him with adjectives and compliments.

As soon as he saw her face contort in familiar climax, he let himself go and pushed further home. She'd come hard Jensen could feel it, based on the ease of his release from her body. As he moved back, Alexis slide from the sink, as she held onto Jensen both panting gaining some composure.

He smoothed the drying hair from her face, smiling brightly as she did the same. He was going to tell her how he felt, he couldn't help it.

'Alex, I-'

Claude thumping on the door, interrupted the moment. Alex kissed his cheek and moved away. She reached into the shower and turned the water back on. She stepped inside and began to soap up.

Claude thumped against, 'Get a bloody move on' His voice boomed through the door.

He watched her bathe, as she exited, he entered. Both where clean and dressed within ten minutes. Claude had a map laid out on the bed, marking points with a red marker.

'What are you looking for?' Jensen enquired eyeing the map.

'He's marking down cathedrals in the area' Alex moved to a side table by the bed and picked up a small pad.

'I thought it would save time' Claude answered.

'Thank you, and it would If I didn't know where we need to be' Alex sighed, 'But I do.'

Jensen hugged her from behind and nuzzled her neck, 'Where do we need to be?'

'That cathedral' she pointed to the map.

Claude chuckled. Jensen frowned, 'Why hide something in such a public place?'

'Why not?' Alex interjected, 'When something is staring you in the face, its normally the hardest thing to see.'

'So this is a straight in and out kind of job?' Jensen asked, his thoughts wandering to the men on the train. He rubbed the stubble on his chin and moved away.

'Hardly.' Alex was the one who interrupted his thoughts. 'I'll need you to help me move a few things around.' Claude nodded in some kind of understanding.

Alex picked up the back pack and threw it over her shoulder. 'Lets get this over with.'

* George examined the area carefully. The ground had been disturbed, the night's rain had made anything definite harder to see without magic. Karl was one all fours getting a better scent of the area.

'There's still three scents I can pick up' he said wiping mud from his nose. 'Two female, one male but harder to read.'

He stood and wiped his hands on his jeans. They'd taken the 4x4 and filled it with hunting gear so no suspicions would be raised about their appearances within the woodland area. George nodded and glanced around.

'We alone?' He asked, scanning the trees.

'A few of my team a couple of miles east but other than woodland creatures and furry bunnies, we're clear.'

George took the flick knife from his pocket and sliced into his palm. Karl's head snapped up at the smell of blood and his eyes misted slightly. George took three steps forward and face north, he slipped a droplet of blood onto the area, he turned left and did the same. He continued until all four points had been acknowledged. After murmuring a few words, Martinez stepped back, pulling a handkerchief from his packet for his wound and waited. After a moment or two, Karl interrupted the country scene. 'Nothing is happening.'

George smirked, 'Wait' The scene before them wavered. The trees in which Diana had disappeared, started to moved, the ground before them rumbled slightly and shifted. An area the size of a door frame sang its approval at being discovered. A rainbow of colour simmered and danced over the gap created, like a living curtain.

'What the fuck?' Karl stepped forward to touch the sight. Karl gripped his wrist and gave a shake of his head.

'I think we just found out a way to find Alistair.' Karl nodded in response as he stood hypnotised by the magic before him.

George felt his pocket vibrate. As he pulled out the phone and answered he watched the portal closely. He couldn't see all the way through but until they passed through the thing, its location was still somewhat of a mystery.

'What is it?' George growled into the phone. Paul's voice took him off guard.

'Dad I just got home and there is some crazy shit going down in the study. You have to see this.'

'I'm on my way.'

* Alex stopped in front of the cathedral, as she stared skyward at the architecture, it's spirals and construction was truly something of beauty. She watched the birds nesting and prancing on the roof edge. They watched her intently, with an intelligent that she found a little disturbing. She shook it off and turned to her companions. Claude was flicking through a guide of local history, getting a low down on the area. While Jensen was carefully observing the area. Alex felt over whelmed, a sense of need overtook her, she needed to get inside the building, she was so close. She closed her eyes and took a long steadying breathe. Focus Alexis. She murmured as she started up the stone steps.

The wooden entrance in her dream was before her. As she viewed the small opening sign in a glass box she frowned. The church didn't allow visitors on a Wednesday, but today wasn't Wednesday and the door was still closed. She touched the wood and felt a flush of energy touch her palm. The key was close and it wanted to be found. With some deep seated knowledge she knew what needed to be done, like she'd been here before. Her methods suddenly known to her. With determination she eyed the door and touched the door in several places.

'What are you doing?' Jensen whispered, his front facing a group of tourists and shopper passing by.

'Opening a locked door.'

Jensen spun round and smiled, 'let me.' With a cocky self assurance he touched the door and expected the wood to yield to his touch. He tried again and again, feeling a sense of tiredness over whelm him. He looked to Alex expectantly.

'I said I need an earth master, but not for this. Does the term bull in a china shop mean nothing to you?' Alex went back to stroking the wood.

Rebuffed by his failing, Jensen looked to Claude for support to find the old man chatting to a middle aged woman. He looked away then back to Alex.

'How are you going to get us in?'

'By asking the door to let us in.'

Jensen looked puzzled before asking with a disbelieving tone, 'you're just going to ask the door?'

'When you visit someone's home, they invite you in or you have to ask. The door is closed, clearly there not too forthcoming in seeing visitors today.'

Alex touched the door and murmured something in Latin. She pursed her lips. Nothing happened. Jensen smirked. As he opened his mouth to speak, she rubbed her hands and tried again. This time asking in Gaelic. Jensen jerked in surprised at the use of the language. Her intonation filled his ears, he could sense the persuasion in her tone.

In response the door rumbled. As she touched it lightly, the door hummed back.

Claude appeared behind them as the door opened wider.

As they stepped into the into the darkened area, Jensen gripped her elbow and whispered in her ear. 'Where did you learn Gaelic? That isn't standard practice in magic school.'

Alex blushed and looked away sheepishly, 'I have a friend, He speaks it fluently.'

'Now is not the time my boy' Claude interrupted before he could interrogate the comment further.

They entered the church slowly. Their feet tentative as they moved closer towards the alter. The candles for the perished and remembered burned brightly and undisturbed to the left. At the front the alter was draped in royal purple material.

'We'll have a look round.' Claude said moving Jensen away.

'Who speaks fluently Gaelic?' Jensen asked as Claude scanned the floor.

'People' Claude answered as he looked upward and viewed the ceiling.

'People my arse, did you see the way she looked away, I bet it's some uptight wizard who-'

'Lewis, jealously is not attractive. You where married once before, we all have baggage son, now is not the time.'

'Its over here.' Alex's voice echoed through the space.

* George opened the door to his study slowly, Karl at his heels. The scene before him was something of a fairy tale. Everything stood still like a tableau. The hands of time stopped. Items in room suspended in the room, held by an invisible force.

Paul spoke as his father entered, 'Thank god, what the hell is going on?'

George scowled at his son with disdain. The thoughts running through his mind varied from anger, rage, disappointment and shame.

Paul watched his father's expression. He looked deep in thought, The look he glanced his way was unfriendly, the hairs on Paul's arm and neck stood to attention.

George addressed Karl as he spoke. 'Its a message, its one of many ways wizards and mages used to communicate. Something the recipient touches will uncover a message.'

He turned to Paul with a sneer, 'Any ideas?'

The tone in his father's voice had Paul's heart rate raising. He gaped and tried to speak, George dismissed him with a hand.

'Don't touch anything yet, just in case the message isn't friendly.'

Karl moved closer to his friend, 'Want to tone down the crazy there my man, the air is getting a little electrically charged.' Karl scratched his neck and shook himself.

George moved to his desk and eyed the photos on his desk. Three photos lined the top. One still turned sat face down on the desk, he eliminated that one. The second one was of himself and Marianne on their first wedding anniversary. The third was of his father and Alex. A young girl of four being hugged by her grandfather. As he examined the frame it glowed. George reached for it and found the trigger.

The picture in the frame changed to a face that George hadn't seen in decades.

'Hello George.'

'Claude?' Asked in disbelief, the man had aged but it was still Claude. He turned to Karl, who rounded the desk to watch the frame as it spoke.

'I'm contacting you on a matter of some importance. Several weeks ago you and your daughter started entering my dreams and we both know what that means.'

George nodded in response, he knew Claudes' talents.

'Alexis arrived here early this morning with Lewis Jensen Crane in tow. I have no need to express how she came into my presence as I fear you already know. She has met Alistair, had some interaction with him it would seem but she seems well albeit exhausted and staved, Her and my nephew are currently sleeping, both where exhausted.'

George watched as Claude lent forward to speak closer into the frame. 'She made an bargain with him George, he's commissioned her talents for his services. You and I both know that once she completes her quest,' Claude seemed to look straight at him, 'and I assure you she will, I doubt Alistair will be pacified. I intend to travel with the couple some of their journey. I'll contact you at a later date.'

George stared in disbelief at the frame as its centre returned to its previous state. Karl squeezed George's shoulder.

'She's alive George.'

'I-' George was interrupted by his son.

'Where does this Claude live?' Paul asked with a nervous laugh.

The two males exchanged a look before the young wizard cleared his throat. 'Did a miss something?' Paul asked.

'Clearly, I did.' George answered as he moved to the window. 'Don't you have something to do?' He addressed his son.

Paul faltered, never in his life had his father tired to get rid of him. He'd always been by the old man's side. Alex was the one who was shuttered away.