Amid The Shadows Ch. 16

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Alistair launched himself at George in a flush of action. He fell upon him in a rage, his hands forming talons, going for George's neck. As they hit the floor however, George rolled into a ball on his back, a talon catching his neck slightly with a surface wound as his knees connected with Alistair chest. The vampire let out a grunt as George's fist flew to connect with his jaw. Alistair let out an inhuman cry of anger as George rolled to his feet. He threw out his hand muttering a few words in spanish and calling upon his inner magic, blasting Alistair back into a wooden bookcase, George turned to Karl.

'Go, find Dominic or anyone else who may have seen or heard anything. I'll hold him back and inflict as much as I can. Make everyone pick up weapons from the armory, be quick. We won't have long.'

Karl nodded and set off in a light jog knowing that Paul and Diana Followed. Karl took the steps two at a time up the stair case following the faint scent of a wizard, he skidded to a Holt on the landing, stopping before a huge portrait, the scent of fear almost hidden behind its canvas. Karl grabbed it with one hand and yanked it from the wall revealing a step of steps heading downwards.

He followed the stone steps, his own movements echoing of the walls. as he descended another 10 steps he spied the door before him, an old wooden door and something so bizarre, an electronic keypad beside it. If there was something he hated more than vampires it was technology. The memory of Alexis giving him a mobile phone popped into his head.

It had been a Sunday afternoon, George was away fro the weekend and have his security team had gone with him. Skeleton staff patrolled the grounds and he and Alex ha made full use of an empty house. He remembered the smell of her shampoo and he crept into the kitchen on silent feet, catching her wrapped a small box.

He growled into her ear, swinging her round with ease, chuckling as her bare arse, barely covered by his t-shirt hit the cool counter top and she cried out in surprise.

'You horrible, horrible man.' She laughed.

'Guilty' He moved a hand up her thigh and squeezed. 'What are you wrapping?'

'Its a surprise actually, for you.' She picked up the item and held it our expectant.

Karl had never really been the kind of child to be given gifts, in his pack you worked for what you had. He examined the box with a gently hand. Alex learnt forward and kissed his cheek.

'Open it.'

Karl had pulled away the paper and examined the box. He looked at the picture and looked to Alex eyebrow raised. 'Its a phone.'

Alex rolled her eyes, 'Its a new phone, yours in so old it should only be used to prop open doors. This one actually takes pictures.'

She took the box and opened it, it was already switched on. She slipped off the counter and held it out to him, 'Green to answer, red to cancel or end.'

He took it and examined the thing, turning it over in his hand.It was light but looked better than his that was for sure. Before he could comment on anything else it started to ring in his hand, The Rolling Stones 'Paint it Black' brought the the thing to life and it vibrated in his palm. The image that popped up nearly gave him a heart attack. Alex mentioned it took pictures. He turned to see her, phone to her ear, the t-shirt she had on before falling to the ground.

'Is better on a picture or in real life?'

Before he could answer, Alex ended the call and ran for the stairs. They'd made love on those stairs and afterwards the lay in a heap of limbs on her bed as she ran through a brief how too of how to use his shinny new toy.

Karl's mind flashed to the key pad before him as he stepped forward, he thumped the thing with his fist and watched it crumb before him whining a strange strangled electrical sound. The door bleeped open.

12