An Angel's Fix Pt. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
photodad
photodad
492 Followers

A moan escaped her lips from the attention. "Yes." Ashley leaned her head back into his chest and parted her legs slightly as she enjoyed his manipulation for a moment. Suddenly, she shook her head to clear the distraction. "Damnit, Joe! What are you hiding me from? Let me out!"

Joe sighed heavily. "Fine." He let the skirt and jacket fall back in place, then unzipped the jacket. "Merry Christmas."

Ashley tried to blink away the confusion and allowed her eyes to rest on different points of the expanse before her. "What is this?"

"Our new school home," he said simply. Kim moved off to start exploring. "You just gonna stand here, or start looking around?" he asked Ashley.

"Wow," she whispered as she started to take it in. Ashley moved forward into the massive living area directly in front of the elevator doors. Furniture was already placed in a similar arrangement as his house, but here large potted palms instead of the marble end tables back home were stationed where the leather sofa and love seats made corners. Looking straight ahead presented a wall of windows looking over Tallahassee. "Holy fuck!" she admired slowly.

"It's a penthouse," he explained. "So, we won't hear the patter of feet above. It also covers the whole floor. So our closest neighbor is the nightclub and restaurant next floor down. They put a half-floor in between us and them, so we shouldn't hear them either."

She turned around and put her hand to her mouth in shock of how much more she saw. Aside from several support columns, the elevator was the only structure in the space, and seemed larger than completely necessary, but not obtrusive. Through the windows slightly left of the stone-encased shaft, Ashley could see the capitol building up the hill. That corner held a game area, music area with piano, and a study. To the right, she could see a formal dining area, breakfast nook, and a commercial kitchen with a long breakfast bar and stools. At the far left and right of the floor was a suspended staircase with stainless steel cable rails that led up to a balcony that was supported by the pillars.

"Where's the bathroom?" she asked.

"A half bath is behind the elevator down here, next to the staircase. There are three full baths upstairs." Joe grinned at his wide-eyed wife. "Four bedrooms are up there, one for each corner. The bathrooms are in the middle of each side, with a storage closet on the fourth wall."

Mesmerized, Ashley ascended the stairs near the kitchen. Jill and Jasmine peeled off to raid the fridge for a snack with Kim. Ashley opened each door to peer inside. The two bathrooms were tasteful and well appointed, and the storage closet had the appearance of miles of space. The first corner door she opened was the master suite, complete with the furniture they had in the apartment. The amount of space made the furniture pieces seem sparse, but Ashley felt it was a welcome change from the cramped apartment. Its bathroom's only entrance was through the bedroom. A large picture window was the backdrop to the spacious garden tub that was guarded on one side by a smoke glass shower enclosure, and the other by the water closet.

"I'm gonna have to get some drapes or something," she said.

"Why?" asked Joe.

"Well, I love to show off for you and Jasmine, and sometimes for Kim and Jill, but for peeping toms with telescopes? Not so much."

Joe laughed heartily, then flicked a switch. The window tinted slightly.

"That's not much help...especially at night," she protested.

He shook his head. "Look in the upper left corner."

Ashley was incredulous, but looked anyway. Unnoticed at first, this time she saw a small mirror that was attached by a short arm outside. The windows looked black in it. She brushed Joe's hand from the switch and turned it off herself. In the mirror, she saw herself and the bathroom through the window. One more flick and it went black again. "Oh, that's freaking cool!"

Joe was all smiles. "I thought so too. The realtor said the mirror was installed so that the occupants could be assured they had the privacy they think they have. I was sold on this window alone. I know how much of a techno-geek you are."

"Shut up!" Ashley gave him a playful slap on his chest. "Wait. 'Sold?' You bought this place?"

"Yup."

"Joe..."

Before she could say any more, Joe steered her shoulders out of the master bathroom. "Just finish your tour."

Between the balcony and inside wall of the master bath ran the walk-in closet. It was there that Ashley realized Joe hadn't just bought the place, somehow he had moved them in. All her clothes were neatly hanging up on two sides of the three walls. His lined the other wall.

"I thought I recognized a lot of furniture. What about the rest? Did this come partially furnished?"

"No," he said. "I bought the furniture to fill in the space a bit. Well, I paid for it. Jasmine bought it."

"What?! When did she do that? Is this your project? If it is, it's very nice...rather awesome, actually, but not nearly enough to cost so much."

Joe answered the questions in order. "Jasmine came back for two days before Christmas Eve to finish shopping and get the place set up. No, it's not our project. And, it didn't cost nearly as much as your head seems to be thinking."

"Two days?! How did she do that?"

Joe laughed. "I don't think she slept." Beyond being stunned, Ashley seemed a bit crestfallen. "Well, see the rest," he urged.

Ashley took a deep breath, then went to the next door. It was intended to be Kim's room and had her effects arranged beautifully. The next bedroom just screamed Jill, with her frilly white four-poster bed, pastel pink walls and a white nicknack shelf with her precious carousel collection ringing the three inside walls. Jasmine was waiting in the fourth bedroom. It had been turned into a studio with computers, mixing board, and a microphone stand on one side, Jasmine's draft table and computer equipment on the other.

"Where did the recording stuff come from?" Ashley asked.

"Surprise!" Jasmine called and then gave Ashley a hug. "You like it?"

"Well, yeah! But...Joe? This is crazy!"

Jasmine stepped back, shaking her head. "Uh uh. No, this room is all from me to you."

Ashley was so overwhelmed, her heart actually hurt. "Oh, Jazz. That setup is like 20 grand. You shouldn't have."

"I wanted to. Besides, why does everybody seem to keep forgetting that I'm a working girl, and not just for Joe. I'm not exactly working for peanuts any more." Jasmine affected a proud pose with her hands on her hips. "I'm paid cheeseburgers now!"

"I get that, Jasmine. But...it...all of this is just too much." Ashley drooped her head, shaking it.

"Let's go take a walk," Joe said, placing his hand on Ashley's lower back to guide her out of the room. At the elevator, he called to Kim and Jill that they would be back in a bit.

Jill caught Kim's confusion when the others left. "Ash is probably freaking out."

"Ah," Kim replied after swallowing the juice in her mouth. "I imagine she is. This place is unreal. I wanna stay now!"

"What are you thinking, Joe?!" Ashley had learned that her voice had consequences in confined spaces and waited until they reached the courtyard behind the tall complex before letting rip. "We can't afford this!"

"I guess you don't like your Christmas present." Jasmine sounded disappointed.

"It's not that, Jazz," Ashley responded a bit softer. "I love the place, it's fucking amazing! Exactly what I'd picture having if I won the lottery or something."

"Thank you," Jasmine smiled halfheartedly.

Ashley shot a "what?!" with her eyes.

"Jasmine is the one who found this place and asked me to get it for you," Joe explained.

Jasmine confessed her reasoning. "I went with some classmates to look at modern living spaces, you know, to dream about designing one day. This place just opened in late summer and the realtor here kindly let us see some of the condos, and finally the penthouse. It was designed by and intended for the owners of the project, but sadly her husband got killed while jet skiing, so she didn't feel up to living in the place he recently designed. Knowing it was available, I started seeing it through different eyes, and it matched your personality."

"Sure, I like that it's so clean-looking, the marble landing at the elevator, the bamboo floors, the arrangement, the mini recording studio... just ...everything is so wow! BUT! I don't know how long we'd be able to keep it. It's so expensive." Ashley looked like she was fighting to keep reason in her head.

Joe interjected. "Not THAT expensive. When Jasmine asked, I talked to the realtor, and the price had been reduced three times since August. Older folks didn't like the size of the place, it's too modern for others, or the walk to cars, lack of a private yard, and elevator rides didn't mesh with parents' ideals."

"But for you, it's perfect," Jasmine continued. "You dislike dealing with neighbors, you're a technophile, you like giving parties, you love knowing what's going on in each room, and..." She caught herself before letting the thought tumble out.

Ashley finished it, though. "And I don't have kids," she said sourly.

"Not yet." Jasmine tried to make the statement upbeat, but it fell short of the mark for Ashley.

Joe shifted gears. "Anyway, Ashley. We are not paupers."

She glared at him. "I've seen your accounts, Joe. We aren't hurting, but easily could be if we buy every thing that makes our hearts beat a bit faster."

"It's not that bad." Joe sat on a bench and the other two joined him. "You've seen my bank accounts."

"And money market account," Ashley added.

"Yes. But those are my liquid accounts. I got the payments from the stock sale and put it all in investments." The look she gave could have blistered paint. He briefly put his hand up to almost shield himself. "No, not 'project' investments. A reasonably safe mix of stocks, bonds, precious metals, and the like. It's diversified enough that if economic doomsday hit, we'd still be well-off. Not to mention your own success soon. In fact, we could stop school and work and just watch tv or play video games until we die."

"But I don't want that. I like the challenge of school. I love singing and playing music," Ashley protested.

"I know, baby. I'm not saying you should stop. Just letting you know we could retire right now along with our kids' grandkids."

Jasmine winced at his mention of future generations. Ashley did too, but then caught the underlying point of his statement. "So we're really o.k.?" she asked for reassurance.

"Lightyears beyond o.k.," he said with an edge to his voice. Joe was getting frustrated. Yes, he made a point in moderating expenses this fall, but he was stressed about school then and whether the IPO would actually make what he was hoping. Now that it exceeded his best hopes, he wanted to loosen the reins a bit. "God, it's like you're afraid of being rich."

Ashley jumped up and spun to face him so quick, it made Jasmine flinch. "That's because I am, Joe! You grew up with money, I didn't! My parents weren't ever dirt poor, but we pinched pennies when we could, and got the nice house because of it. In California, about half my class were techie daughters, and I hated that they dressed dripping of money to show it off and lord it over the rest of us. Yes, my presents to everyone yesterday were the best I could find of each item, but they're something each person could use or appreciate and I could afford it. I don't go out and buy a cotton candy stand just because I miss the fair, you know? That's how fortunes are lost."

"Lil' Bit, Joe's just trying to..."

"Zip it, Jasmine! You don't know..." Ashley watched Jasmine's chin drop. Jasmine usually only used that pet name to calm Ashley down. Ashley heeded the endearing warning and took a deep breath to calm herself. "But you do know Jazz, don't you? The way your dad blew money to keep up appearances... I'm sorry I said that. I just want to hear Joe understand me."

"I think I do understand you. I know you hate displaying your good luck, dear. It's the reason you traded in the sports car I gave you for the pickup. Same as why you shop department and mall stores instead of designer. But, the apartment was a bit claustrophobic, even with two of them together. I think you'll be more comfortable here, and that's my point. I want you to be comfortable in being comfortable."

His eyes told Ashley more than what he said. Joe understood where she was coming from, and by knowing that, she realized he wasn't trying to change her. He was trying to get her to enjoy some nicer things occasionally without feeling guilty. "I'm not going to see some new huge stuffed animal with a new diamond necklace waiting for me every night I come home, am I?" she warned.

It seemed to Joe that he was finally getting through to her. "No, but I may borrow that idea for special occasions."

Jasmine got up, gave Ashley a hug, then put her hands inside Ashley's back pockets. "Are you okay now?"

"Yeah, okay. I do like how the downstairs is laid out. Stuff is arranged like rooms. Just without walls."

"Thanks," said Jasmine.

"You did that?!"

"I keep saying this, but Merry Christmas, Ash!"

Ashley softened in the embrace and said in humility, "Damn, my gift is gonna seem so lame to you, now."

Joe got up and took his turn at holding Ashley before they started heading back inside.

While they were walking, Ashley enthused to Jasmine, "Wow, girl. Why are you in college? You could find work right now."

Jasmine was flattered. "You're sweet. But, you're not the only one who likes challenges and learning new things. Besides, I do work. My label has my Dayplanner filled for the next two months."

"I know, sweetie. Just meant that you are skilled enough now to make it a career." Ashley pushed the up button and the doors opened. "So, what's so high-tech about this place? Wait, what floor are we on?" She reached for the highest button.

Joe lightly grasped her hand to stop her. "That's the restaurant. Do you have my present with you?" She pulled out her keys from the waistband of her skirt. "Yeah, just wave that keychain in front of the Otis logo."

When Ashley did, the doors closed and the elevator started rising. Okay, so the key chain gift wasn't lame after all, she thought. "Neat. How?"

"I got the RFID chip that came with the penthouse copied and had one of them implanted in that strap," he explained.

"What else?" Ashley had gone from apprehensive to fully curious about her new place.

"Well, a few things are weird," Jasmine said, hoping Ashley could figure it out.

Ashley ran down the tour in her head. "I only saw one light switch, and that controlled the bathroom window."

"Uh huh. What else?" Jasmine was grinning, knowing Ashley would be bowled over when they got back.

"The living room is facing the window, but there's no TV." Ashley's wheels were spinning, and aloud she tried to figure it out. "But then there's no real good place to put one since there's no walls. You wouldn't want to block the windows either. Does a screen come down out of the ceiling like at home?"

"You'll see. All I'll say is that Joe came up with it. There's also something I noticed first thing when my class saw this place. Though, it might have been more obvious when there wasn't any furniture."

Ashley searched and searched her memory, but couldn't come up with it. Even after the doors opened into their new home, she cheated and looked around, but she was stumped. "I give up."

"The only light fixture you see is the chandelier above the dining table," Jasmine triumphantly gloated. Ashley rarely misses details, so she was happy to win this one.

Ashley looked around, and true enough, only that fixture could be seen. "Yeah, but there's also no light switches." It was a weak argument.

"The switches are easy, but you'll get to see the lighting soon enough." Jasmine nodded toward the game room.

The sun was setting behind the capitol building, and Ashley saw the space in a whole new light. Both literally and figuratively. The setting sun had turned everything and everyone a rosy hue. But also, Ashley began to see the place as hers, and she was getting comfortable. Something dawned on her. "Why does this place seem so familiar?"

"It's practically our house," Joe offered.

"Duh? You said you bought it, silly."

Joe chuckled at her. "Duh," he mocked. "I'm serious, it's so similar, it's nearly identical." He could see Ashley didn't quite get it. "Okay, sweetheart. I know it's difficult for you, but think hard."

"Shut up!" She swatted at him playfully, and caught Kim opening her mouth out of the corner of her eye. She pointed to Kim, "And don't say you smelled smoke, cause I'm thinking too hard."

Kim snapped her mouth shut and grinned.

"Come on, Ashley," Joe urged. "Back home, where's the den?"

"Straight ahead, through the foyer." She rolled her eyes, but was thinking. Suddenly it hit her. "Ohhh. I see. It's like the rest of the house got chopped off, spun around and put in the front yard."

Jill about blew snot out of her nose at the description, and Kim was giggling. But Jasmine was happy Ashley got the gist. "Exactly!" she exclaimed. "I was hoping it would help you feel at home."

"It does, thank you! Now, what's so cool about the TV? Besides the fact that it's missing."

"It's not," Joe offered.

Ashley looked up, but the ceiling didn't hold any clues in the form of slots or trap doors like the other house. "But I don't see one. Anywhere."

"That's because you're inside it," he answered cryptically.

Both Ashley and Kim asked at the same time, "huh?"

Joe looked like a kid playing a practical joke. "Ash, what is a TV? Well, better yet, the physical description of one?"

"A box with a glass front that displays images and video from a broadcast feed or other video input," she answered without thinking. "Get to your point, Joe. I'm excited."

"That also means she has to pee soon," quipped Jasmine.

Ashley glared at Jasmine. "Hush, you!" Then to Joe, "That, too, actually."

"I will. But, one more question, and I think you'll get it. What's the one thing we have no shortage of here?"

"Space." Ashley's leg crossing was a little more obvious, now that she was conscious of the need.

"Yes. And?" Joe looked outside as he said this.

"Windows." Ashley was about to tell him to hold on so she could powder her nose, but just then it clicked. "Wait...NO WAY!" Joe's wide smile said that she was right.

"Yup! I went through the same thoughts you did when I saw this place. Where to put a TV, etc. The answer was staring at me the whole time. We already have the glass, so why not?"

Ashley was now torn between her needs and curiosity when a sudden small spread of warmth in her panties made the decision for her. "One second," she begged as she sped walked to the room behind the elevator. She came back and the tension that had gradually crept onto her face was gone. "Okay, continue. Why are we inside the TV?"

"Well, who says it needs to be in a little box? What if we hide the processor somewhere, and the speakers somewhere else? The answer is this." He waved at the window.

Nothing happened, so Ashley was getting impatient. "Well, how do you turn it on?"

"To explain that, I need to explain the light switches."

The girls all groaned. Jill knew the secret, as did Jasmine, but fed off Ashley's frustration. "Come on, Joe!"

He tilted his palm facing upward in a "what" gesture. "It's easier to grasp it as a package, don't you think?"

Having gone through the initial demonstration, Jill remembered that was true and so nodded.

"Anyway," he continued. "This house came with a computer-controlled lighting system and I expanded on it."

"You can be a bit like Tim the Tool Man Taylor sometimes, Joe," Ashley accused. "How much did you expand it?"

photodad
photodad
492 Followers