All Comments on 'An Angel's Wish'

by Tara Cox

Sort by:
  • 119 Comments (Page 2)
lukeshortlukeshortover 3 years ago
WONDERFUL STORY

I liked the story. The ending threw me off just a bit. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow!

You covered a lot in a short story. I've been staring at this screen for 15 minutes, and I hardly know what to say. Some of my embassy guard buddies will never be the same, and one took his life after decades of services and several combat deployments, One runs an organization to help those who are having problems. Your numbers are correct. Thank you for bring this info to the forefront. Semper Fi

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxabout 3 years ago

Damn you Tara Cox

You made this old fart curmudgeon cry so much I almost became dehydrated.

WOW, what a story. BIG TIME KUDOS. I loved it!!!

JohnD46JohnD46about 3 years ago

Wow, what an ending and a great cry. Thank you

rlh100rlh100almost 3 years ago

A touching reincarnation story. I love your writing.

sweetone66sweetone66almost 3 years ago

What a wonderful story; it brought tears to my eyes. You have an amazing talent... thank you so much for sharing it with us!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Just WOW! That’s how you write a story!⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

eljj546eljj546about 2 years ago
Thank you! Thank you so much

You made this 71 year old veteran very sad and very happy. I did three tours in Vietnam and I tried to walk with the trains two different times. It hurt like hell when I got off that plane and people found out I was a Vietnam vet and they called me a baby killer. I can honestly say the only people I killed over there was the North Vietnamese and they were wearing uniforms. Okay, I'm sorry I rattled on. Thank you for the inspiring story.

Helen1899Helen1899almost 2 years ago

Great story, but i wanted more, much more

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brilliant story, taken me all day to read, didn't want to cry at work. Could easily do with a follow up, love to read of them all together.

I'm a civvy, but I've always respected those who took the Queen's shilling, and served.

During a period of unemployment, I got involved with a charity who helped the homeless. I loved it, never felt as fulfilled. Sadly bills, mortgage payments etc needed paying, and I had to get a job.

One of the homeless guys I chatted to, let's call him Albert, absolute gent, but broken, ex forces, he'd served in Afghanistan, seen and had to do things that went against his better nature. I was with my son, lovely boy, who took to Albert and with his own friends looked out for Albert, chatting to him, making him feel worth while. One day we'd been chatting, my son said, did you see his face, his eyes, the shuddering, Albert was having a flashback.

We couldn't do much more for Albert, only he could ask for help, but just treating him like a human, gave him courage to seek out the help he desperately needed.

I saw him for the last time, a couple of years back, he walked up to me outside my local pub, kept saying thanks for believing in him. He didn't understand, it was a two way street, helping him, helped me, after being made redundant.

Hope you found your place Albert.

Still sobbing over this. Beautiful story.

Simon_Masters

oldgraycatoldgraycatover 1 year ago

Wonderful story, so heart warming.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

An emotional read and a good reminder of the cost paid by many who fought to keep others free.

I feel though, that the author could have given us a much better ending rather than the very disappointed end that was written. I left the story feeling quite down and disappointed, and a BIT DECEIVED.

Since the author has left this site. I will not further comment.

Mizdrgn28Mizdrgn288 months ago

Crying my eyes out…and I loved it! ❤️

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith8 months ago

Wow!!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

PurplefizzPurplefizz7 months ago

Reading this on Remembrance Sunday in the U.K, after watching the laying of wreaths at the Cenotaph in Westminster and wearing my Poppy with pride. Different flag perhaps, but same sentiments.

Rest in Peace all of those who gave their lives to keep ours free. Thank you for both your service and your sacrifice.

Regards, Ppfzz. 5⭐️

USMCVetUSMCVet7 months ago

Damn allergies. Semper Fi!

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Marvellous, cried through the last half. 6 stars

AnonymousAnonymous29 days ago

Five goLD STARS are not enough. The lAST FEW PARAGRPHS HAD me in tears. Keep up the good work and one day you will see the respect for your writing will. Grow.

SatyrDickSatyrDick10 days ago

[01.06.24]

Damn invisible ninjas slicing onions again.

11/10!!!!!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTara Cox@Tara Cox
UPDATE: If you are wondering what happened to me, I have not died. I left Lit. Please do NOT comment or complain about unfinished stories. Completed versions of many are available on my website to read for FREE. If you follow the links: http://taracoxwriter.com Twitter: @...