An English Lesson

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Her frown immediately softened into a smile, and putting her palm against my cheek; she stood on her toes, softly kissed me on the lips and replied, "Please forgive me Harry. I've never known a man like you before!"

I giggled and said, "What do you mean by 'A man like me'?" She put her arms round my neck and said, "You're a very noble gentleman in every sense of the word. Your soul is pure and sincere and I'm just not used to it, that's all."

I kissed her on the cheek near her mouth, and not believing what came out of my mouth, replied, "Don't get me wrong. I want you more than I've ever wanted any woman in my life, but for reasons unknown to me at this point; I want to be with you for more than just while I am here in London!"

With tears glistening in her eyes, Kiera looked at me, and hugging me tightly to her, cried, "Oh Harry! You're the one! You're the one," and then she broke down and cried uncontrollably.

Not having the slightest idea what she was talking about, I held her closely and let her cry until she calmed down. Then after sitting her back down on the couch, I went to the bathroom and retrieved some tissue for her to wipe her eyes. When I returned, I handed her the tissue and asked, "Are you alright sweetie?" She nodded, and while she wiped her eyes; I looked at her and asked, "What did you mean when you said that I was the one, my love?"

She sniffed, and smiling, said, "Ten years ago, I met someone whom I thought was the man that I was gong to marry. I loved him very deeply to the point that, I went against my own decision to save myself for marriage and gave him my virginity. To make a miserably long story short, I found out that he already had a wife and child living in Barcelona, Spain. I thought my life was over, but my mother told me then that she'd had a dream."

"About what?" I asked.

Kiera smiled and put her palm back against my cheek and replied, "You!"

"I don't think I understand what you mean," I said, confused.

Taking her palm from my face, she took my hand, and while tenderly kissing it, replied, "My mother told me that she'd dreamed about a man who would come into my life one day and totally change me. She said that he would be the kind of man that wanted to get into my heart long before he tried to get into my knickers. That man is you Harry."

"How can you be so sure it's me?" I asked, stunned.

She smiled, and placing my hand on her chest above her bra line, replied, "Because my heart tells me, and because now I know, and besides; didn't you say that you wanted to take things slow between us?" For the first time in a very long time, I sat silent and dumb founded, and before I could respond; Kiera sniffed, then laughed and replied, "Your silence tells me everything I need to know." Then she stood, and pulling me by the hand, said, "Come on, let's get some sleep. We've got a lot of work to do tomorrow!" And before I knew it; we were headed down the hall of my apartment to my bedroom. I was going to object, but somehow I knew that it would be a lesson in futility so, I remained silent. That night, Kiera simply slept next to me with my arms curled around her and hers around me. I can't remember ever sleeping more soundly in my life.

Chapter Two

The next morning; I was awakened by an aroma emanating from the kitchen I recognized as bacon and eggs. Sitting up in the bed, I looked at the clock and saw that it been turned off and it was nearing 10:00 am, making me immediately realize that we were very late for rehearsals. I jumped up, threw on my pants and then ran down the hall into the kitchen. I was about to admonish Kiera for turning off the alarm clock when I was stopped dead in my tracks by the sight before me. She was standing at stove wearing one of my tee shirts. The fact that she was wearing my shirt was not the problem. What caused me to come to a sudden halt was the fact that the only other item of clothing she had on was her panties. She had her hair up in a pony tail, and when she turned and said, "Good Morning, My Love" my heart almost dropped out of my chest. She was absolutely radiant. Her eyes were dancing like the sun as it reflected its light from water, and it was then I knew, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that I was hopelessly, as well as head over heels in love with her.

Before I had the chance to say anything, she walked over to me and placed her arms around my neck. I could feel the softness of her body as she pressed tightly against me and said, "Don't be mad at me Harry, but I called the studio and gave everyone the day off today. I hope that's alright with you," Then she kissed me softly on the lips then asked, "It is alright, isn't it?"

By this time; I was putty in her hands and she knew it. So I simply shrugged and tried my best to put up a stiff front and replied, "You know you should've asked me first, don't you?"

However, she saw right through me, and with a subtle smirk, released me from the hug and said, "Yes, but you looked so peaceful sleeping and I knew you needed to rest."

"What? Am I so old now that you think I need to sleep instead of work?" I said, teasing her.

She grinned and playfully slapped my bottom then said, "No, but when we do decide to give ourselves to one another, you're going to need all the strength you can summon, I assure you!"

Then she took my hand and sat me down at the nearby table and said, "I've fixed you something to eat my love."

I kissed her hand right before she released mine and said, "Am I, your love I mean?"

She leaned down, and breathing softly into my ear, replied, "Yes, you are, and if I have my way of it; you shall always be!" Then she kissed me and went into the kitchen to return with two cups, one coffee and one tea in one hand, and a plate full of food in the other. She sat across from me as she put the plate in front of me on the table. When I looked at the plate and saw the bacon I'd smelled earlier, I asked, "Where did you find the bacon?"

Sipping her tea, she grinned and replied, "You're not the only one that has 'connections' as you call them. Besides, I have a friend whose husband is one of the royal chefs at Buckingham palace and he got it for me." Then she paused and added, "Actually, he nicked it from the royal kitchen," and then she broke into the fit of girlish giggles that I'd come to adore so much.

"Aren't you going to eat anything?" I asked her.

"Oh no love, I don't ever eat breakfast!" she replied.

"It's the most important meal of the day," I said, and then as an after thought; I decided to tease her and added, "You might have been in a better mood had you eaten some breakfast the morning of out first meeting ya know." Then I reached around the table and gently poked her in the ribs.

I thought she was going to jump thirty feet, straight into the air and in doing so; she looked at me and shrieked "Oh, you wanker!"

I laughed as Kiera landed in my lap and placed her arms around my neck. I kissed her on the underside of her throat and said, "Now that you've wrangled a day off, what would you like to do?"

Recovering from the rush of chills elicited by the kiss I'd given her, she smiled and replied. "If you don't stop that, you'll force me to make you go against your wishes of going slow with this relationship."

I filed that bit of information away in my mind for a later date and said, "Alright then, but you still haven't answered my question."

Kiera smiled and replied, "I thought that perhaps you and I could go out into London. I know that you haven't been here since you played with Hall and Oates in the eighties."

"And just how did you know that?" I asked, totally amazed.

She raised her left eyebrow and replied, "Don't think I didn't have you researched before I agreed to let the record label hire you."

I laughed and said, "Agreed to let the record label hire me?"

She grinned then shuffled her feet on the floor, and while looking down, replied, "Well, sort of, I suppose!"

I put my arms around her, and hugging her close to me, said, "How about we go on a picnic?"

"What's that?" she asked.

I smiled and said, "You've never been on a picnic?" She shook her head, and in my best southern accent, I replied, "Well hang on to your hat, Darlin, cause you're in for the time of your life." This made her giggle, and me go weak at the knees.

When noon came, the day found us sitting on the Kensington side of Hyde Park upon a blanket that had been thrown onto the grass. After an earlier explanation to Kiera what a picnic was, she became totally thrilled and insisted that I let her pack the basket. As we were enjoying the delicious lunch she'd packed, Kiera reached over and gently touched the side of my face while smiling sweetly at me. "What was that for?" I asked.

She took my hand and kissed it then replied, "Harry, you are definitely the most intriguing man I've eve met in my life."

I laughed and said, "Intriguing? I'm sure some of my friends back home would tell you otherwise."

"And just why would they say that?" she asked smiling.

I sat up and replied, "Well, I like to treat people the way that I like to be treated."

"So what on earth could possibly be wrong with that?" Kiera asked. A look came over my face that alerted Kiera and made her say, "Harry what's wrong love?"

I smiled again, reassuringly and replied, "Oh, it's nothing to be alarmed at. It's just that when people don't act right, like some people have a tendency to do; I can be the most insufferable of all bastards any where." Suddenly Kiera began to laugh to the point that she was lying on her back trying to catch her breath. "What on God's green earth is so funny about that?" I asked, slightly perturbed.

Sitting back up, she put her arms around me and replied, "My darling Harry, don't you think I already know how insufferable your wrath can be?"

"Huh?" I said, blankly.

Then she giggled and replied, "Think back a few days ago in the studio, when you first arrived. Don't you remember setting me straight because I'd treated you so awfully?"

I smiled and replied, "That was nothing!"

"Oh?" she quipped.

Then I put on a mock angry face and said, "That was only one tiny drop of water into an immense ocean in comparison to what my wrath is like when totally unleashed."

"Well, I'll be quite sure to stay on your good side from here on then," she said, with a smirk on her face. I slowly leaned in closer as if I were going to kiss her.

Then suddenly, and before she could react, I began to tickle her making her shriek with laughter and replied, "I think you better do just that Missy!"

As I stopped tickling her, and her breathing went back to normal, she kissed me, then stood up and asked, "Do you want to know what I think Harry?"

"I always want to know what you think sweetie, you know that," I replied.

While she was still standing; Kiera bent down and picked up her cold drink, and after taking a sip, said, "I think your bark is far worse than your bite," and then she thumped my right ear like my mother did when she scolded me as a child. I reached out to grab her, but she moved out of my reach, giggling like a school girl. At that moment, there existed no further doubt in my heart, or my mind, that I loved her more than life itself. As I rose from the blanket to stand, Kiera squealed and ran. I gave chase and within three or four strides, I caught her and then scooped her up off the ground and into my arms. She began to scream and wiggle making me lose my balance, and as my legs gave way; I made sure that my body was between her and the ground in order to break her fall. As we hit the ground; I felt the breath being pushed from my lungs and I momentarily went out.

When I opened my eyes again; my head was in Kiera's lap and she was looking down at me with fear in her eyes and she said, "Are you alright my darling?"

I smiled, and sitting back up; I leaned over and gently kissed her lips and said, "It's going to take more than that to get rid of me, my love."

I saw her literally breathe a sigh of relief, and as she threw her arms around me; she kissed me and replied, "I never want rid of you. Do you understand? Never!" and then she just stayed there for a few moments while we held one another in silence.

Around 1:30pm; we packed up our picnic then took a taxi back to my apartment. As I opened the door of my apartment for her, Kiera walked through it then turned around and put her arms around me as soon as it was closed behind us. She gave me a toe curling kiss and said, "Thank you for the wonderful time today." Then releasing me from the hug; she took the picnic basket and set it on the table.

Before she got completely turned back around, I swept her off her feet and back into my arms and replied, "By no means is the day over yet, my darling," and then returned the same toe-curling kiss that I'd been given earlier.

Once we were finished kissing and Kiera was in the kitchen cleaning out the picnic basket, I had an idea so, I excused myself and went into the bedroom and used the phone so as to be out her range of hearing. Once I was finished, I led her out of the apartment then back downstairs and onto the street, and as we were getting into the taxi that was awaiting us; she looked at me puzzled and said, "Now where are we going?"

"It's a surprise," I replied with a wink.

Twenty minutes later we were getting out of the taxi in front of Harrods when Kiera looked at me and asked, "What on earth are we doing here?"

I simply smiled as we walked in and asked, "Do you trust me?"

"You know I do," she replied. Then I took her hand and led her to the nearest elevator. As we got in, I pushed the number "1" and up we went.

When the doors opened, a pretty young lady was waiting for us. She looked at us and said, "Mr. James, Miss Brighton, Welcome to Harrods."

Kiera looked at me and asked, "Harry, what is going on here?"

Before I could answer, the young lady took Kiera's hand and said, "My name is Penelope, or Penny to my friends. If you'll come with me, Miss Brighton, we'll get you all sorted out." Then she looked at me and said, "Mr. James, per your request, we'll take good care of her. Would you please remain here and someone will arrive momentarily to escort you to our VIP lounge while you wait."

Kiera looked at me and said, "Harry James, what in the hell have you done now?"

I just smiled and replied, "I'll see you in a little while, sweetie. Just go with Penny here. You're going to love it, trust me!"

Right before leaving, Kiera leaned up and kissed me on the cheek and said, "You're out of your mind you know." I nodded and smiled excitedly as the two women disappeared from sight.

I waited for only a brief moment before another young woman walked up to me and said, "Mr. James, will you follow me please?"

I sat at the bar in a small, but very plush room that overlooked the ground floor and drank bourbon while I spoke with the young woman who'd taken me there. She was there to attend to me personally while I waited on Kiera. Her name was Charlotte and she was a very nice person as well as being just as attractive as Penelope. As I sat there sipping my bourbon; we had been talking about different things when she looked at me and said, "May I ask you a question Mr. James?"

"Why sure," I replied.

She spoke up and asked, "You're evidently American so, I was wondering, what brings you to London?" I proceeded to tell her about why I was here and the reasons for it when, at the mention of Kiera's name, her eyes went wide and she said, "You mean Kiera Brighton is in Harrods right now?"

"Yes, she is," I replied.

Charlotte smiled real wide and said, "Gosh! I absolutely love her music."

This piqued my interest, because up to now; Kiera had only been heard on the radio and singing only one song so, I asked, "Really? Tell me what you love the most about it."

Charlotte grinned and said, "She's like...a real person and her music is so very honest. It's like she truly understands how it feels to be a woman in today's world, and that's not easy to do, what with this being a predominately male driven society," then blushing; she added, "I do hope I didn't offend you with my last remark, Mr. James."

I grinned and said, "Charlotte, first of all, my name is Harry. And secondly, it takes more than a remark like that to offend me, especially when what you said is so very true."

She smiled and said, "Are you married or have a girlfriend or anything like that?"

I chuckled and replied, "If you're wondering if I'm taken; the answer is yes," and so as not to hurt her feelings I added, "But I'm flattered that a woman as beautiful as yourself would ask."

Still smiling, she asked, "Well then, in that case, are there anymore like you back home in America?"

I smiled and replied, "Hmmm....maybe a few,"

"I may have to go to America then," she teased, "Well, whoever the woman in your life is; I think she's a very lucky lady. What's her name, if I may ask?"

I smiled and said, "Do you really want to know?"

"Yes please," she eagerly and delightfully replied.

I grinned and said, "Her name is Kiera, Kiera Brighton."

I thought the poor girl's jaw was going to drop right off, but still, she remained her jovial self and said, "I'm so glad that she has a man like you. I'll bet now, that her music is going to be even better than it already is, what with you in her life."

"Why thank you Miss Charlotte. That was a very nice thing to say," I graciously replied.

"Do you mind if I ask you another question then?" she said.

"Feel free to ask me anything you want," I told her, and for the next hour or so, she asked me about the recording industry and about music and such.

~~~~~~

"Hello Harry, Darling!" rang out from behind me, and when I turned around; I saw Kiera standing before me in three inch black heels, a black leather mini skirt with a white silk camisole and a matching leather jacket. I looked her up and down, and before I could speak; she lifted her head up, gently kissed me on the lips and then giggling, said, "I take it you approve of the way I look then?" She put her palm on the side of my face and added, "Thank you, my love."

"I think you look even more beautiful than you did the first day I laid eyes on you." I breathlessly replied.

"That's because you love me," said Kiera, smiling.

I put my arms around her waist, and pulling her closely to me, said, "Yes, and I always will."

She was momentarily silent then, as a single tear fell down her left cheek; she smiled and replied, "I certainly hope so, because I shall forever love you, my darling," and then she kissed me again.

All at once we heard the applause of two people standing behind us, and as I turned around; there stood both Charlotte and Penelope with tears raining down their cheeks and bright smiles upon their faces.

Kiera steeped from my arms, and with a teasing tone of voice, told them, "You'll have to forgive him. He's American and you know how they are."

Penelope sniffled and replied, "Well perhaps maybe I should go there and see if there are any more like him," which elicited laughter from everyone.

~~~~~~

On the taxi ride back to my apartment; Kiera sat so close to me I thought that she was going to end up in my lap. But all she did was lay her head on my shoulder and smile contentedly.

Once we were back inside my apartment, I closed the door and turned around to find Kiera standing there with her hands on her hips, smiling at me. She looked so beautiful at that moment that, for reasons unknown to me, tears began to spill down my face. With an alarmed look; Kiera came to me and asked, "Harry, Darling, what's the matter? Are you alright?"

"I'm just adjusting to something new, that's all," I replied wiping my face.