An Older Unmarried Daughter

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Well the truth is I will locate here on transfer in just under six weeks. I'll be looking for an apartment this weekend, staying over Monday."

"Really?" Dirk said, eyes bulging.

"Pru and Rose know I'm returning."

"But why didn't I know?"

Michelle snapped, "She doesn't know you well enough to tell you."

"Oh but I've know Dirk intimately."

"You bitch, you liar."

"Shhhh Michelle," Maggie smiled, "We are in a church hall. Do you wish to be lynched?"

"Come with me Dirk," Michelle said, hauling him away to the other side of the room. "I'm ready to strangle the bitch."

Rose came up behind Maggie and whispered in a giggle, "I heard it all. I was standing behind you almost peeing myself."

Later the immediate family and very closest of family friends were at Russ and Pru's home having drinks and there was talk about getting take-outs.

Maggie tapped her glass with a cake fork and called for silence. "Everyone let's walk to the nearest restaurant and have mains and drinks on me."

"Maggie we cannot allow you to shoulder that financial burden."

"Russ I'm hosting dinner on behalf of my goddaughter. This is one of the biggest days in Lily's life so please don't dare tussle with her godmother although I thank you for your kindness for attempting to intervene. Let's go everyone."

Maggie heard Michelle say to Dirk, "I'm off, she won't want me there."

"Wrong Michelle," Maggie said sweetly. "Everyone who's here is invited."

Michelle and Dirk stared at Maggie as she went off to check that her goddaughter had something to put over the hood of the basinet to protect her from the cooler night air.

* * *

Next day everyone gathered at Russ and Pru's home for early lunch because some people had long drives ahead of them. Everywhere Maggie went Tricia was sure to follow.

They'd disappeared and Rose found them and stood beside Pru watching Maggie talking to Tricia while changing Lily's diaper.

"Tricia," said her mom. "You've never shown interest in changing diapers before."

"That's 'cos Auntie Maggie has told me why we change baby and what happens if we don't and why we use m-moisturized wipes. It is so interesting knowing all that stuff."

Squeezing her sister's hand Pru said, "I think Maggie is providing to be an education for all of us."

Dirk arrived with the good timing most men have, when the food was being served. He walked straight up and kissed his sisters and looked around and went over and kissed Maggie without saying a word to her. When they parted Maggie stayed with her hand round his back and slowly he lifted a hand round Maggie's back.

Tricia said, "Auntie Maggie are you going to marry Uncle Dirk?"

The patio area fell quiet.

"Yes dear. Poor Uncle Dirk hasn't been told yet and will take time getting used to the idea before he does something about it."

THE END