All Comments on 'Anatomy of a Cheating Divorcee'

by cpete

Sort by:
  • 116 Comments (Page 2)
DunaDunaover 11 years ago
New phenomenon the dating websites

Exactly is in Europe. A single (younger) woman has better choice to find a second chance. However the dating websites changed everything. There are a new phenomen many single men in Western Europe look for new wife from South East Asia, India, China, Latin America and the earlier Sovietunion and left their cultural circle for wife. There is this in the USA with lower percentage. Cpete, Likegoodvine and Cantbuymy have some excellent stories about this new phenomenon.

I recommend for everybody this video from YOU TUBE:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIvJms3wlaY

A North Caroline guy wrote the next to his video:

..Beautiful Filipina .mfstew· 64 videó

I was married to an American bitch for 18 years. She got away with fraud and turned my oldest daughter against me. Going through divorce in my mid 40's I decided to look for love in a country that was family oriented. I married a beautiful 18 yr old Filipina and now I feel young again and in love!!!

They have a beautiful daughter.

sugnasugnaover 11 years ago
Selfishness

One common aspect of the cheaters that I have met is an abiding selfishness. This characteristic is present in all their relationships. Often their selfish natures lead to the destruction of their other relationships as well. Cheaters make crappy coworkers, terrible bosses and untrustworthy friends. If your spouse and kids can't trust you, who can?

cueball961cueball961over 11 years ago
Well Done!

"When it is time to pay the piper- the coin of the realm is expensive."

That quote alone was worth four stars.

cpetecpeteover 11 years agoAuthor
Sir T has the rights stats, but..

The wrong category.

SINGLE females have a much better go of it after a divorce than a man. This is due mainly because ladies tend to have and keep a much larger network of friends and social connections then men. (Truthfully how many guys can name three GOOD friends they could call on if needed). A single female after divorce will more likely be remarried in less than five years as Sir T stated.

A divorced MOTHER with children has very dim prospects. National stats show even with child support, the double duty of primary caregiver and breadwinner leaves little time for seeking a mate. Most divorced females with children enter into a relationship with a male that also is the primary caregiver, (i.e.” blended families” -US Census 2010). These tend to last, but are more of mutual support systems.

On the flip side Sir T is correct about divorced men without children tend to be wealthier, marry poorly and have higher rate of 2nd divorces. However divorced men where there were children involved, have a much higher success rate in the second marriage, marry single females, and start their own family (Again US Census 2010). Although evidence points out these men generally are much less involved with the “original” marriage children.

SirThopasSirThopasover 11 years ago
Hmm

The first part was a very thoughtful look at how an affair impacts a person's life. I thought it was fantastic. The second is more like the typical 'btb' wishful thinking.

Divorce is catastrophe, yes. But blame has no impact on results. Children suffer the loss of a genuine father figure (the very idea of the 'weekend dad' is a reduction of what it means to parent), and are presented with an idea that they are unprepared to handle emotionally: "just because mommy and daddy love someone today does not mean they will love them tomorrow...gnight, sweetie." They are more prone to suicide and depression, even years later. Meanwhile, dad becomes wealthier due to his tendency to bury his pain and the absence of his children in his work. He is more likely to remarry poorly (he dates less, remarries sooner, and his second marriage will have a far greater likelihood of ending in another divorce). How significant is the impact of this first divorce? divorce men average shorter lifespans even if they remarry happily.

Emotionally speaking, Mom is likely to receive greater support from friends and family even if she initiated the divorce (sad, but overwhelmingly true), and is typically remarried (quite happily) within five years. Her second husband will become a large part of the children's lives (Dads new wife often will not) and statistically the marriage is usually a happy ordeal.

Oh, and of you fast forward to when the children of the divorce are grown...they report far more contact time with mom than dad, regardless of the reason for the divorce.

I understand the appeal of these revenge/consequence stories, but their overwhelming prevalence is becoming such that we might as well be writing about fairies and dragons. The best thing you did in this series was to show that sometimes the affair itself becomes a consequence of sorts.

Drbeamer3333Drbeamer3333over 11 years ago
Loved it!

The husband makes no appearance and yet I feel very sorry for him. She just didn't get it. Karma is right.

"as my husband, my soul mate, the man I wished to spend the rest of my days with will not even speak with me."

Really? Where was that sentiment when she was fucking around?

harbormaster1harbormaster1over 11 years ago
food for thought

You got it all in your followup. Well thought out piece. Cell phone cameras are changing America.....

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 11 years ago
this was worthy of the 25 points i would give

Karma is indeed a vengefull bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Good Story 4*

"Number one: It's not all my fault. He chose to end the marriage."

She is a stupid whore,She blames her ex-husband

JusttooldJusttooldover 11 years ago
good

Very well thought out and well written. Keep up the good work. I like your work and am looking forward to more from you.

sugnasugnaover 11 years ago
Amazing

My wife's sister went through exactly the same thing. It is like you wrote her biography. Today she goes to work and goes home- alone. Her kids have grown up and left. They still hold a grudge against her for ruining their childhood. They all have problems in relationships. She seems to be perpetually depressed. She has gained quite a bit of weight over the years too. Sad to say, but I have tried to keep my family away from her because she is in fact a terrible influence. After she got caught she blamed her husband for not giving her a second chance. I made it clear to my wife that her last chance was at the altar, there were no other chances in a marriage. I did not want my kids aunts behavior being seen as acceptable in any way. We still see her occasionally, but I am watchful. My wife knows her sister is a fuck up and has not objected to my reaction. Neither one of us want to live with a cheating spouse, so we do not really want to be around someone who would do that. When you have kids as well as a husband you really are cheating on your whole family. It is sickening to think about how selfish you have to be to do that. The only thing that makes it worse is when you claim to live them after you get caught. By the way, her ex did get remarried to a cute woman that he met at work. She was divorced from her own cheater and very grateful to find a man like him. They even had a kid. I see them every now and then. They look very happy. Men seem to do better after divorce. They are more marketable.

DunaDunaover 11 years ago
Consequence story

Good consequence story chips. 5 *****

LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggover 11 years ago
Unvarnished & Unflinching Portrait of a Dim Bulb

Some people just have to learn the hard way about the value of hewing to the middle of the road. cpete is taking the road less glib here. A measure of credit should be accorded for him taking tongue out of cheek and doing a Dragnet " just the facts ma'm" recitation of the story. The path is just as valid as anything he's ever done, albeit less diverting.

oscar73oscar73over 11 years ago
Liked the realism.

This details the realistic side of divorce. I was just wondering how all the supper freaky sex she was wanting to have was going on if she only got off on weekends. I thought her kids were so important and then they just drop out. Also it was funny that she never caught on about not going to his house and getting it on. Liked the follow up and I agree that hearing the ex-husband side would be interesting. From what I read he knew about it about 2 to 3 months in when he started doing nice things for her when she was wiggin out with guilt not trying to get caught. Good story can't wait for your next one.

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
Should have left it be

Nothing gained from the story as the 1st was very powerful and this was rather flat. Love your work

AnonymousAnonymousover 11 years ago
At least this time

You credited the source of your inspiration. You covered the cheating divorcee, now lets read the ex husbands side.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous