And His Heart Melted Part 2

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Okay," she replied. "What time do you get off work tonight? I'll meet you at your place."

"You don't have to if you don't want to, y'know?"

"I want to, John. And I know you do too."

"True," he admitted. "I should get done here at about 5:30."

* * *

That afternoon, Angie came by John's workplace to say she wanted to cook dinner for him at his place, and that she needed his keys. He gave her the keys to his apartment. She smiled broadly, gave him a quick kiss on the lips, and hurried off.

John was confused. He loved Angie, but he still wasn't sure how she felt about him. After what had happened on Saturday night, he just figured it had to do with her break-up with Darren. She had needed a friend, and he was available. However, it was now Tuesday, and she was still staying with him-not that it bothered him-but he wasn't sure how long it would last.

During his lunch break, John closed the door to his small office, took out his Bible, and read the last part of Eph. 5 several times.

Submitting yourselves one to another in the fear of God. Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord. For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body. Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing. Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it; That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word, That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish. So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself. For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church: For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones. For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh. This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church. Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband. (Ephesians 5:21-33, KJV)

John spent some time in prayer, and determined that he would tell Angie how he felt. And he would just keep on loving her, no matter what.

12