Angel Hunter Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yeah, okay. You're insane," Lex shook his head. "Why the fuck would you want to find one, much less seven?" he asked.

"I have a score to settle," Shep replied.

"With an Archangel? Gotta tell you, Shep. That's a score best left forgotten," Lex said.

"Well, since you're so terrified of them, you better turn around and go back to wherever you came from."

"Terrified?" Lex scoffed. "I laugh at the face of danger! Ha ha ha!" He tossed his head with each laugh. When he saw Shep wasn't amused, he rolled his eyes and continued to follow the human.

"What are you doing?" Shep asked.

"It's called walking," Lex smiled, showing his teeth.

"Yes, but why are you doing it next to me?" Shep asked, ignoring the looks that people were giving him.

"Who doesn't want a little companionship," Lex smiled.

"Me," Shep mumbled, and walked faster.

"Oh come on, don't be like that. You're the only human I've really gotten to talk to as me. Everyone thinks demons are so evil and the saints are the... well... saints..." Lex stopped talking and frowned, before shaking his head and keeping pace with Shep.

"I know. I hope to change that one day," Shep said. Lex stared at him in silence for a moment.

"Really?" he asked, almost hopeful.

"Yes," Shep replied. "By killing the Archs," Lex groaned and rolled his eyes.

"There you go talking crazy again! If it was that easy, don't you think a demon woulld have done it by now?" Lex asked.

"No, all you guys like to do is party," Shep said. Lex opened his mouth to disagree, and then shut it with a smile.

"Yeah, that's true," he nodded. Shep shook his head and held back a laugh.

"Don't tell me you're not excited," Lex said.

"Excited?" Shep frowned.

"Yeah. I mean, you know for sure what happens when you die, right? Aren't you crazy excited for the eternal party that awaits?" Lex asked.

"I'm not one for parties," Shep mumbled.

"Well, you don't have to party. You can do whatever you want, forever. You'll be happy," Lex smiled.

"I don't worship the devil," Shep said. Lex stopped walking.

"Well why the hell not? How could you worship him," he looked up. "When you know what they do with the dead?" he asked. "You do know, right? They take your soul to this horrible Limbo, feed off it, and use your body to fill their ranks. You really want that?"

"I don't worship him, either," Shep said. Lex looked at him, confused, before running to catch up.

"I don't follow," Lex said.

"Oh, yes you do," Shep joked. Lex rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. Leave the comedy to me, honey." Lex shook his head. "But if you know what happens when you die-"

"I don't know. I know what happens when you die worshiping God and I know what happens when you die worshiping the devil. That's where my information ends. I chose neither, so I guess I'll find out later," Shep said, so many people were staring now.

"I don't get it," Lex said. "Why don't you want to go to the afterlife? Take it from me, it's pretty great." Lex laughed. "Look at me, I'm loving it!" he smiled.

"It's not what I want," Shep shook his head.

"You don't want to live forever, doing whatever you want and enjoying yourself? No hangovers. No crashes, if drugs are your thing," Lex shrugged.

"I don't do drugs," Shep snapped, looking at Lex like he was crazy. The family sitting at the table outside the restaurant they passed gave Shep the same look. "Drugs are bad," he said, to the children, before walking off. "I don't have any reason to live forever as a demon. I don't want that. I won't be happy," Shep said.

"Well, you know what that means, right?" Lex said. Shep raised an eyebrow. "I'm just going to have to tag along with you and convince you otherwise," Lex smiled.

Shep rolled his eyes. "Please don't."

"It's too late," Lex shook his head. "You've issued the challenge and I have accepted it. Lex and Shep, demon and human, Archangel slayers! We could have a sitcom."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"No thanks, Shep. I'm fine," Lex said sarcastically, as Shep ate all the food without offering him any.

"Demons don't eat," Shep said, through a mouthful of food.

"We don't need to eat, but it doesn't mean we don't like to," Lex crossed his arms.

"Are you going to be this annoying the whole time?" Shep asked.

"Yes."

They had been walking for just over a day now, and had grabbed a bus heading towards the next town. The bus was mostly empty, but a few people continued to stare at Shep.

"Man, we need to get you a bluetooth, or somethin'," Lex mumbled.

"Why the hell did you keep those?" Shep asked, pointing to the chains Lex had wrapped around his torso in an X shape. He had been bound with them before, and was now using them as a fashion accessory.

"I kind of like em," he said, touching one of the chains.

"I can cut those off for you, later," Shep pointed to the cuffs still wrapped around both his wrists, a few chain links dangling from them. Shep had cut right through the chain itself, and not the cuffs. Leaving Lex with a new pair of bracelets.

"I like them too," Lex mumbled.

"You sure don't hide your sexual fantasies do you?" Shep asked, making a few people turn their heads.

"Oh they're not fantasies, most of them have come true. After all, I am dead, I do what makes me happiest. My soul is definitely fulfilled." Lex smiled, seemingly thinking about his past sexcapades.

"There's something wrong with you," Shep stared at him blankly.

"Oh come on! Don't play like you don't have any deep dark fantasies lurking around in there. I bet your wild in bed." Lex smiled, and undressed Shep with his eyes.

"Hey!" Shep smacked Lex's hand away as he went to play with the bulge in Shep's pants.

"Oh come on," he whined, and leaned back, spreading his legs. "I'll show you mine if you show me yours," Lex winked.

"It's not going to happen," Shep covered his crotch with part of his jacket, and crossed his arms.

"So, where are we headed?" Lex asked, leaning back in the buses uncomfortable seats.

"To my place. I have the other keys there," Shep explained.

"How many are there?" Lex asked, looking at the key Shep held.

"Seven. One for each lieutenant, one lieutenant for each Archangel."

"I never understood that," Lex said.

"What?" Shep frowned, and turned the key around in his hand.

"What their obsession is with the number seven?" He asked.

"What's your obsession with the number thirteen?" Shep asked.

"What? We don't obsess about the number thirteen," Lex frowned.

"You have thirteen rings on your horns, thirteen teeth on top and bottom of your mouth, you kept the chains that have thirteen links each on them, and thirteen red tips are in your hair," Shep pointed out. Lex narrowed his eyes.

"Well aren't you the observant one," he mumbled. "How much farther?" he asked.

"It's a six hour bus ride," Shep replied. Lex groaned and slouched down in his seat, preparing for the long journey ahead of them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

TBC....

12