Angel Hunter Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Thanks," Lex said, as he peeled off the bandage, wincing as the tape pulled at his pale skin. Shep couldn't help but take note that, though his skin was pale, it wasn't the sickly dying color the Angels were.

"Of course..." Shep seemed to hesitate.

"Something up big guy?" Lex asked, as he looked through the mini fridge in the hotel room. "Three bucks for a bottle of water? Fuck you guys I'll just melt some free ice," he mumbled.

"No," Shep said simply. Lex raised an eyebrow. He sat back down on the bed.

"Are you sure you're alright? You seem all... bad-moody," Lex said, seriously.

"I'm not the one you should be worrying about. You're the one who got shot," Shep laughed, though there was a bitter tone under the laughter.

"Shep, I'm fine. Demons heal fast tomorrow morning I'll be as good as new," Lex waved a hand.

"That's not the point." Shep suddenly slammed his fist down on the table. Lex jumped.

"Alright, Bruce Banner, then what is the point?" Lex asked. Shep sighed.

"Thank you," Shep said, not looking up at Lex.

"Thank you?" Lex frowned, confused.

"You.. you saved my ass back there, okay? Thanks," Shep mumbled. Lex smiled.

"You're welcome," he replied quietly.

"I just never had to worry about anyone else before, it was always just me," Shep said, returning to the stitching on his coat.

"Well it's not just you anymore. You can worry about me and I'll worry about you." Lex smiled kindly. Shep looked up at him before smiling weakly. "So, where to next, big man?" Lex stood and leaned over Shep's shoulder, looking at the map that was spread out on the table. Shep looked up at Lex, watching the smooth curve of his jaw as it turned into the tender skin of his neck.

"New York," Shep said, turning to look down at the map with Lex, who hadn't even noticed him staring.

"New York? No way!" Lex smiled.

"Ever been?" Shep asked, as he finished stitching up the hole and cut the thread with his teeth.

"Fuck yeah! That's where I lived, man! Before the tail and all." Lex laughed and smiled. Shep chuckled, not able to help himself. The Demon's constantly perky personality was contagious.

"Well, I spent the rest of our cash on two plane tickets. We leave tomorrow morning," he said. Lex smiled.

"Time to celebrate! I'm gonna go get some ice from the ice machine and melt it so we can have water!" He grabbed the small ice bucket on the table, and skipped off through the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TBC...

12