Angels: Bruises on a Broken Heart

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You're back!" said Mary, excitedly. "We didn't know when you were coming back so we didn't start any food."

Kevin walked over to the little Christmas tree and started setting his wrapped boxes down on the table. "I ran into a jolly old fellow and he said these were for you."

With almost a child-like sense of joy, the two women approached the gifts, searching for their names on the cards. "Oh, Kevin, you shouldn't have... you didn't have to... we just got you some..."

Within moments, gift-wrapping lay on the floor and sweaters and blouses and dresses were held up and admired but he knew there was still one gift waiting... one small gift with a big surprise. At least, he hoped it would be a big surprise, a wonderful surprise. And suddenly, he had a horrible thought... what if she said 'no'? What if they felt they had to leave because of it?

He hesitated, unsure of what to do but then realized that hesitation never accomplished anything.

"There's one other gift," he said, holding out the small box.

She sat there on the sofa, surrounded by wrapping paper, empty boxes and clothing. She saw the box in his hand, then saw him crouched down in front of her, moving to his knee.

"Will you do the honor of marrying me? I know we haven't known each other very long but I feel there's something special between us, something that I know will grow into love. I can give you and your mother a good life here."

Mary went to her knees in front of him, looking into his eyes as he still held out the box to her, his hands slightly shaking. Her hand went to the jewelry box and opened it, amazed at the beauty of the ring before her.

"Yes," she said, knowing that love would grow as time passed. "Yes," she said, "I will marry you."

He took the box back and slipped the ring on her finger, kissing her hand. It was only the second time he had kissed her and yet it seemed so natural an extension of their relationship. Hesitantly, he took her into his arms and kissed her on the mouth, hoping that this was the best thing for both of them.

"Merry Christmas," he said, quietly, "and, to many, many more," and this time, he heard the soft chime as his angel returned to heaven.

...Thank you for reading my stories...