Any Chance We Could Ch. 36

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Veronica and I exchanged looks of understanding as Veronica began, "Our opinion has changed. But more positively. If we hadn't heard the passion and compassion in your sermon yesterday, perhaps our views may have changed more negatively. You've nothing to worry about."

"Evie, other than for a wedding or funeral I'd not been to a church for over seven years until yesterday. I don't consider myself religious nor would I have ever considered myself as having a minister, but this morning I referred to you as 'our minister', and after I said it I realized that it was true. You're my minister and I'm sure Veronica concurs. You've made a strong impression on us."

"I can't agree more with Scott. And now knowing that you understand and aren't judgmental about our unique family and intimacy preferences, I'm even happier that you're not just doing our wedding but you are our minister. Let me assure you that Carol didn't tell us how she knew you, but that we would both come to love you. It was in a separate conversation that she said that if we took her into our family she'd withdraw from the lifestyle. Neither of us connected the two conversations together."

Evie laughed and smiled, "Carol must seriously be in love to make that offer. I thought she'd never marry. My husband has said that if she ever did marry it would be to a very special person."

"I can see why," Veronica nodded.

"We seem to have gotten a bit off track. Scott have you finished the inventory?" asked Evie, again scooting forward causing her skirt to slide even further up her legs clearly revealing her taupe g-string to us. I handed the laptop to her and she put it on the coffee table parting her knees a bit in the process. She began keying and after a few minutes said "Ahh," and looked up.

"I've only seen such a close match once before. A few with strong correlations but other than you and one other couple none have been this close. You're very well suited for each other. If you remain sensitive to each other's needs, continue to communicate freely with each other, invest time to grow with each other along similar paths and keep your passion for the other aflame, I believe you'll have a long and happy marriage."

"Is the other couple happily married?" I asked.

"Very happily married, very much in love," Evie replied.

Looking into Veronica's happy eyes and smiling face she continued, "The only divergence is that Veronica is strongly bi-sexual and you aren't at all Scott. The inventory indicates that you're both willing to explore your own sexuality and that you desire for your partner to do so as well. It indicates that you are willing to sacrifice or defer some of your own interests so that the other can grow emotionally, socially and professionally. This level of self-giving love is very commendable. Hmmm, both of you score low in the tendency toward the jealousy characteristic which means that both of you are not naturally prone to jealousy about the other. It also indicates your personality types though different, do fit nicely. Studies I've read indicate that your combination of personality types usually nicely mesh. Given that both of you have a natural self-giving nature the fit is even stronger.

"This inventory is not a guarantee or a predictor. It measures how you view yourselves, each other, your relationship goals and to a limited degree your desires at this point in time. Overall, what I see here is impressive. Matches like this sure make premarital counseling much easier and much shorter. Now, let's talk a bit about expectations and family." At Evie's prompting we were led into a conversation that elicited answers that didn't surprise either of us. We'd already discussed most of the matters early in our relationship.

As our short exchange about having children concluded Veronica asked, "The other couple who was as close a match us, do you still keep track of them and is their marriage in keeping with what you observed." Seeing Evie glance down and blush Veronica added, "Oh, I see. I'm happy for you."

Changing topics Evie firmly spoke. "About Carol, if you both think you can handle another adult, a female adult, in your household and bed and she's willing to give it a try you'll be engaging in polyamory. It'd be a shared love between more than two people and brings in complexities. I've known of couples who've had another woman live in their home for a period of time, but none were formalized with vows. I think the longest lasted a little over fifteen months. A factor may have been that none were expecting anything long term. That said, I've read stories of long-term happy marriages with multiple wives. I've just not personally met any, at least knowingly.

"Would Carol be considered an equal by you Veronica to your position in the home? And would she be viewed as an equal to Veronica by you Scott? Or would one be your primary love and partner, and the other secondary? I've known Carol for a good number of years and I never thought she'd ever settle down. She loves her freedom and independence, and she has a wild streak too. While she's often easy going, she has drive and a strong personality. There are times when she can be stubborn. You need to discuss with her how she'd feel taking a secondary position which I suspect would happen and which you are likely to expect Veronica. If Carol sees herself as an equal to Veronica in ruling the home you may find that you've added a blatant explosive element to your marriage. I can't see two women ruling the home or the bedroom. One should be significantly dominant in nature, which Veronica I believe you are naturally inclined to be but it would need to be more developed, while the other should be more subservient. For the peace of the home and the stability of the marriage, a clearly understood pecking order, if we can call it that, should be in place along with a clear division of responsibilities.

"Have you thought about the practical logistics of your bedroom life with a third person? Scott, how would you feel if the two women wanted to spend a night together without you? Or Veronica, what if Scott would want to spend a night alone with Carol...how would you feel?

"What happens if two want to be intimate but the third is not interested? Does the third watch, stay in the den watching television or reading and then crawl into bed later? Two spending the night together will happen. Frankly, while I don't ever see my husband and I being in such a relationship, I would expect to spend nights alone with him without the other woman. I'm certain she'd have the same emotional need to maintain her bond with her husband just as I would. And if she and I were lovers, which I would desire, I think we'd also want time to bond and express our love for each other without our husband present. Scott would you be willing to sleep alone while your two wives are affirming their love for each other and spending the night cuddled together without you?

"I read a story not long ago of a man in Texas in a marital situation with three women. The master suite is where he sleeps every night. The women have established a secondary bedroom decorated to their tastes where one or more may spend the night without their husband. Two or three times a week, one or more of the wives are sleeping in the secondary bedroom. Let me ask, will you have a master suite that's Scott's primary bedroom but a second bedroom with a more feminine décor for the nights when you ladies want to be alone or for when one wife is spending the night alone with Scott? Outside of making love, what happens when one is ill? I could go on and on but you're intelligent people and can see the various issues just from the handful of questions I just asked.

"You don't have to answer those questions right now, but there are several good books available. One which comes to mind is The Ethical Slut: A Guide to Infinite Sexual Possibilities which is a guide to polyamory, open relationships and other adventures. I suggest that you pick up a copy ... or you may borrow mine. I suggest that you give it a trial period before you make a formal commitment. I've never come close to the kind of relationship you're contemplating. While I know such a marriage can be healthy, dynamic and life-long for all those involved, and we have examples of such marriages throughout human history and across various cultures, it will take a great deal of work and self-giving from all parties. Though I certainly don't mind my husband being intimate with other women, I can't imagine sharing him with another woman in such a regular and more permanent basis. Yet I find myself excited by such a bold and loving relationship that you two are contemplating. Now then, the answer is unquestionably yes. I'll be glad and honored to officiate if you all decide it's for you," smiled Evie. "But I will not do it as part of your legal ceremony. Also, Carol'll have to take the inventory and undergo premarital counseling too."

She then summarized and remarked that in watching us interact she knew we were deeply in love and full of respect for each other. In wrapping up she reaffirmed when the rehearsal was scheduled and made a note in her laptop and on her Blackberry. She also wanted to talk to our girls to determine their level of commitment and promised she wouldn't reveal the surprise ceremony we'd planned but she would through her conversations determine if they were ready to exchange vows. Veronica suggested that she'd have one or the other of them get in touch with her to discuss 'step-children in second marriages'. Evie agreed that would be a natural starting point and could easily move them into other areas.

As she stood to leave Evie asked if she could use the bathroom and as she walked out of the den to the first floor bath we both watched her shapely ass sway. "You'd like to do her, wouldn't you? God I can tell how hard you are without even touching you," giggled Veronica.

"Yeah, but the question is who of us would like to fuck her first," I laughed.

Evie came back into the room, unfettered breasts nicely moving under her sweater. "What's going on by the pool?" she asked as she looked through the kitchen sliding door.

"They're tearing down the garage to make room for a new addition that's going to be completed during our honeymoon, so as they say 'pardon our dust'," I smiled.

"Make sure Katrina or Ashley call me, and please call me if you have any questions. That number's my cell."

Veronica retrieved her coat from the hall closet and helped her on with it. As she did she couldn't help but smell her wonderful scent. As Evie shrugged on the coat Veronica smoothed her shoulders and arms and noticed that Evie seemed to shiver a bit.

"It's been a pleasure and I look forward to our next meeting," she said as she extended her hand to each of us.

As Evie drove out the driveway she noticed some of the trucks had signage on the sides which she recognized as some of the sub-contractors that her husband usually used.

I embraced Veronica and asked, "Rings for Carol? Ceremony with Carol?"

"Let's wait on the ceremony 'til after our honeymoon. I don't mind giving her a ring, except for one condition," smiled Veronica.

"Which is?"

"I know you could afford a moon rock now but it's got to be smaller than mine. Is that petty?"

"No, and I understand. Evie's right that we need to think through the various dynamics and there needs to be some clearly understood ground rules. As for a pecking order, Carol needs to understand that you, my love, are the queen of the home and my life. While I love her, you my dear love are forever my queen and soul mate." Veronica kissed me on the lips and when the kiss ended I asked, "Want to go on a quick shopping trip with me?"

"To Dupree's?"

"No," I said. "To Schiller's to get a camera for Mary Claire."

"Any special reason?" asked Veronica.

"No, she's a good photographer so I thought I'd get her a professional model like mine. I'm sure they've improved over the last four or so years since I bought that one. Do you want one too?" I asked.

"Sure, how about a high end point and shoot?"

"Whatever you desire. Maybe one for Carol too."

"Let me change my top and skirt and we'll go."

"I like what you're wearing but okay. I can always get under your skirt," I grinned pulling her to me and caressing her firm ass. "Want some help?"

"Always," she swished her ass at me as she walked in front of me up the stairs.

She took off her blouse and skirt and replaced them with a white cotton blouse and knee length linen skirt. "I'm surprised you didn't throw me on the bed and fuck my brains out," grinned Veronica as I watched her finish with the zipper on her skirt.

"Not on an empty stomach, we'll probably have time before Marty gets here. That is today isn't it?"

We were in the foyer when Mary Claire walked in the front door with an irritated look on her face.

"What's with the downcast look sweetheart," asked Veronica.

"I was supposed to meet someone today at ten and got brushed off. Where're you going?"

"Schiller's . Want to come?"

"Sure, right now?"

On the drive to Schiller's Veronica and I discussed Evie. She began chiding me that perhaps she'd like to do me as much as I'd like to do her. "Well, I did notice that she appears to be wearing a nipple ring on the left side. I wonder if she has two or just one. There must be a reason why she was braless. The leg show; whose benefit was that for?" I smiled.

"At the end of our last visit she encouraged me to wear a short skirt and she said she would wear one as well, so I guess for both of us," concluded Veronica.

"That really was a short skirt. I noticed it when I brought in the coffee. She has very nice legs and a delightfully full ass. When I first met her at the university she had on a long skirt and flats. She's a pretty woman," piped up Mary Claire. "I didn't realize she was a minister. As a humanist I don't care much for religion or clergy, but I do like her."

"Until yesterday I was of the same mind Mary Claire. When I heard her preach, her message was simple, not moralizing and challenged us to have a generous and kind spirit towards others. I appreciated the simple yet moving reminder," I added.

"I wonder how many children she has? I got the impression that Abi and Sam were the only two but obviously there's Gloria as well. I guess we'll find out in due time," said Veronica.

As we drove I took this opportunity to outline a job for Lauren and suggest that we talk to her.

Veronica chided me, "You just want to get into her pants."

"No. You could always talk her into that. I'm serious. Someone with her background could be very valuable to us, tax planning and preparation, her many CPA skills, personal trainer, martial arts we could use someone like that. We're going to start a charitable foundation and she could be a good director. I think Grace has been swept away by some family problems. I don't expect to hear from her until the end of the week. Anyway the scope of the job as I see it is beyond Grace's capabilities."

We walked into Schiller's and I led my two women back to the Nikon department where we were greeted by my regular salesman, Al Froebel. After meeting Veronica, my wife, and Mary Claire, he asked, "I'm glad you dropped by Scott, your cameras are probably eighty percent finished. Do you want to take some with you today?"

"No, we're going to do a heavy remodel at the house and I'd like to pick them up after the twenty-sixth of next month. I want to get a couple of Nikons like mine and Veronica wants a high end point and shoot."

He took two boxed Nikons out of the case behind him and set them on the counter. He also stacked up two filters for each, six memory cards and one long zoom lens. He then put six display cameras on the counter and began explaining the features of each.

"Who're the Nikons for Dad," asked Mary Claire.

"One for you, and one for Carol," I smiled.

"You're kidding. ... No you're not are you? Wow, thanks and it's not even my birthday," said Mary Claire hugging me and kissing my cheek.

Veronica and Mary Claire took a couple of the demonstrator models outside and took several pictures of each other and cars in the parking lot. After viewing the shots in the display they brought the cameras back in and asked for eight by ten prints of twelve of the shots from the cameras. Within ten minutes the prints were ready and all three of us agreed that the recommended model was quite acceptable.

Al scanned everything and the final total on the screen was just shy of fifteen thousand five hundred dollars. I paid with my debit card and Al bagged everything and walked out to the car with us and thanked me again. I reminded him that after the twenty-sixth I'd be equipping my new studio and asked if he'd put together a list of equipment keeping in mind that all my lights needed to be replaced and the studio dimensions would be about twenty by forty with a ten foot ceiling.

"Did you call Dupree?" asked Veronica.

"No, will you call him now?" and I handed her my phone.

After talking briefly with his clerk she said, "Thanks, we'll get them there. ... No that's okay, just leave them for Scott. ... Thanks again, bye."

"They're being delivered as we speak. The courier is taking them to your office so we can go get them now, but I'm hungry. Can you bring them home tomorrow or run down there after you drop me off. Marty's supposed to arrive at two and it's already twelve forty-five. Pull into that Subway up there."

We went in and ordered, ate inside and Mary Claire perused the Nikon manual while Veronica and I tried to remember some of the unfinished items on Carol's list. "By the way, Mary Claire, Carol's moving in with us. She'd like to help you cook, too."

"For how long, not cooking, but for how long is she moving in with us?"

"At least until the wedding, then we'll see," replied Veronica.

"Hmm, we'll all enjoy that, she's a fun lady, and a good lover. Thanks again for the camera and stuff Dad. Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but why?" she smiled.

"You've shown a lot of talent while using mine, so to learn more I gave you a camera of equal quality to mine. You've got a great eye for composition, just like Veronica has one has for posing models. You both have talents that complement each other. When I get the studio equipped and running we can make it a family affair at least until you start classes," I explained.

After getting in the car she asked, "You didn't do it just to get into my panties, huh?"

"Mary Claire! Of course not. He knows he can get into your panties just by dropping his zipper," Veronica laughed.

"Yeah, that's so right," agreed a broadly grinning Mary Claire.

After I helped Veronica and Mary Claire get out I told them I was going to run by the office and get the rings and would be back a bit later, probably after Marty arrived. I told her to call me if she needed me to return home sooner. Mary Claire asked if she could go with me and before I could reply she was in the front seat grinning with her skirt very high on her thighs. Veronica leaned in and kissed us both and said, "Drive carefully. That's a dangerous distraction sitting next to you."

Mary Claire's legs were as distracting as Veronica's but since it was daylight I had to be mindful of how high my fingers crept up her bare thigh.

On the drive she read portions of the Nikon manual aloud so I could help her interpret what they meant. She talked a bit more about wanting to go to college and she kept in physical contact with me by touching my arm, hand or neck. I can't imagine why her parents ignored her. She's a delightful, intelligent, entertaining, sexy young woman. Then I recalled that not long ago I was on the same road with Katrina, too busy with work and life to appreciate my own daughter.