Arabian Knights

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Pelaam
Pelaam
1,330 Followers

"I am so sorry you were hurt, my sweet one," Bahadur whispered into his mate's hair. "So sorry."

"They had hurt you enough, my brave warrior," Fahim whispered back, receiving the kiss he craved. "I pray Afzal arrives today. I fear Hashim," he added, his voice little more than a tiny whisper of sound.

At the sound of heavy footsteps, the two men arose and Bahadur's pride for his lover swelled as Fahim stood determinedly at his side, attempting to ignore his pain and not show weakness in front of their enemy. Despite his intrinsic scholarly nature, in Bahadur's eyes at least, Fahim had the heart of a true knight.

****

The day was a nightmare for the warrior. Hashim told them of the display of fighting in which he expected Bahadur to fully participate. It was quickly clear to their captor that whilst Fahim was able to wield a sword, he was not a master of the art. Instead Hashim insisted he was given to some of the other combatants as a sparring partner. Bahadur was able to do nothing to help his lover, watching powerlessly as the slighter man visibly tired.

Each time a bigger, stronger opponent knocked him to the ground, Fahim determinedly rose to face him once more. The initial jeering comments the young man had endured slowly turned into respect for his perseverance, even from those who had considered him little opposition.

Bahadur would gladly have endured a more gruelling session, obeying all of Hashim's commands as the day wore interminably on, knowing it would not be he that the cruel taskmaster punished. Fahim was Bahadur's weak spot and Hashim exploited that knowledge.

By evening, Fahim was so exhausted that the warrior could barely get some more of the gruel they were given inside him as Fahim's eyes closed over repeatedly. Dust and dirt had once more become ingrained in the whip welts and Bahadur conscientiously cleansed them, noting with concern that a couple, slightly deeper wounds, were inflamed. Fahim needed good food, a clean place to rest and the talents of a healer, none of which Bahadur could envisage in their prison. He shuffled to a corner of the cell, letting the cold, damp, rough wall abrade his own back. He pulled the sleeping young man into his lap, trying to keep Fahim off the filthy floor. He tenderly kissed his lover's too-warm brow.

"Keep fighting, beloved," he urged. "Afzal will be here very soon." Bahadur prayed he was right.

****

Afzal was frustrated almost beyond his endurance. They had found the small city quite quickly the next morning, but few of its inhabitants were willing to speak to strangers, eying them with suspicion or open hostility. It had not helped his temper that it appeared that the mysterious riders had entered the walled palace. Afzal needed to find an ally; someone willing to talk openly. As the afternoon wore on, the sailor received his prayed-for breakthrough.

A couple of older men turned out to be ex-mariners and had even sailed as part of his cousin's crew. They told the young man about the Sultan falling ill and how his daughter sent for her fiancé, the neighbouring province's Prince. Things had then changed at the palace. The city had become a place of the Prince's spies and the Princess was no longer seen amongst her people. He was also told that his best source of information would be an innkeeper named Nadir. However, the innkeeper was out of the city, due to return either by its evening curfew or at first light.

Afzal now sat, accompanied by Rafiq and Rabi, at the designated inn awaiting Nadir's return. His friends gave occasional sympathetic glances in his direction but Afzal was oblivious. He closed his eyes. //I am coming for you, Fahim. I will find you soon, I swear it.// His eyes opened again but he saw only the happy times he and his brother had shared together and his constant prayer was they would share many more to come.

****

Bahadur's level of concern for Fahim had risen with the dawn. It had taken a few moments for the young man to realise where he was and who he was with.

"Did I anger Afzal, Bahadur?" Fahim's voice was soft and sad and it almost broke the big warrior's heart. "Is that why he will not come for us?"

"No, no, my love," he assured, kissing the warm, dry skin of Fahim's pale visage. "He is coming for us and he is very close now, I can feel it. You did nothing wrong. We were captured and taken prisoner, but when Afzal comes, all will be well."

"I miss him," Fahim said, his voice almost child-like.

"Be strong a little longer, sweet one," Bahadur begged. "Just a little longer."

****

Hashim gave another smile as Bahadur stood placidly, allowing Hashim to oil his body. The man was working slowly up the warrior's body, his leather pants discarded in favour of a similar kilt to those the Roman gladiators wore.

"We want the women to be as enthralled as the men, warrior. They will appreciate a specimen such as you."

Hashim's words burnt into Bahadur's soul, but he would do nothing to jeopardise Fahim's fragile state. His lover currently sat under an ornamental tree, in the shade, as the temperature around them rose. Even the other combatants had refused to spar with Fahim when they had seen him. Hashim needed them and had allowed the young man to rest, and had turned his attention onto Bahadur. The warrior stiffened as Hashim's fingers slipped between his thighs, dangerously close to the warrior's hitherto disinterested sex. The warrior prayed fervently that his body did not betray him. The fingers moved to tease at sensitive skin and then Hashim was standing, facing him. His hands moved over Bahadur's chest, tweaking the warrior's nipples out of sight of the other men. A cold, merciless smile twisted upon his face.

Bahadur remained stoic as Hashim laughed and walked away. The warrior felt dirty, violated but was glad that Fahim had been spared. He could endure much worse to keep his beloved safe. He glanced at his lover as Hashim called for Fahim to bring water. The warrior's soul ached as the younger man struggled to his feet, and lifted a large container of water. He did not get far and Bahadur cried out his lover's name in genuine fear as Fahim simply crumpled to the ground.

****

Nadra scowled as she trailed behind her Princess and the ever-present bodyguards. She bit back the snort of derision. They were no more bodyguards than she was. They were jailors, ensuring the Princess only wandered around the pillared balcony that surrounded the courtyard that was once where she and Dalal could sit. Now it was used by the disliked Hashim and his so-called warriors. Dalal had been so grateful to Prince Mahfuz when he had arrived, she had not seen how marginalised he had made her. However, it seemed the Princess had finally begun to see what was happening around her. Nadra hoped it was not too late for her to act.

A desperate voice from the courtyard caught both women's attention and Dalal shot Nadra a look the lithe woman recognised instantly. Grinning, she darted forward, ignoring the shout from the guards too slow to stop her. As she swung agilely from the balustrade to the large tree, she listened to the frantic words.

"He needs a physician, he will die. I beg you to let him receive care."

She saw a handsome warrior who knelt cradling a slighter body to his chest. Running to kneel beside him, she kept her face averted from Hashim's eyes and whispered urgently.

"Petition the Princess, she will heed you, I promise."

His instincts telling him to trust the small, dark woman, Bahadur raised pleading eyes to the Princess gazing down at them.

"Please, Highness," he shouted. "My ... my companion needs a physician. I beg you, my Lady, do not let him die."

"He could be taken to my quarters, Princess," Nadra suggested.

"Show the warrior the way, Nadra," the Princess replied, her voice carrying easily over the distance that separated them.

Nadra did not miss the tap to the chest that accompanied Dalal's words and dropped her head to hide her smile of triumph. She would be leading the warrior to the Princess' own rooms. Not even the Prince would dare enter there.

"Follow me and hurry," she whispered.

Bahadur nodded silently. He scooped Fahim into his arms and hastened after the fleet-footed woman. Perhaps once his lover was receiving attention, he would get some answers and a way to attain their freedom. As he approached ornate doors, he saw them pulled open from inside and the Princess pushed away the guards that would bar his entrance.

"He has my permission to enter. You will not *dare* disobey my command to let him pass."

Bahadur could see the guards were clearly discomfited at the order, but obeyed, albeit reluctantly. He swept inside, the smaller woman closing the doors with a sigh of relief and the Princess showing him the way through an archway into a sumptuous bedroom. He laid Fahim on the silks and satins of the large bed and gratefully took the proffered glass of cool water. Propping his lover against his chest, Bahadur carefully let some of the liquid trickle slowly past Fahim's parched lips. He watched as his mate successfully swallowed and repeated the action and then let Fahim lie back.

"Quickly thought, Princess," Nadra grinned. "This is the princess Dalal, whose father is Sultan here. I am Nadra, her handmaiden since childhood."

"I am Bahadur, warrior and one of the crew of the ship Farris, captained by Afzal who is brother to my lo ... my companion, Fahim."

"How did he come to be so punished?" Dalal asked seeing the cruel welts on the beautiful young man's back as Bahadur positioned him on his side.

"He bore my punishment because I resisted being collared as a slave by Hashim when both Fahim and I are free men," Bahadur replied angrily. "I do not pretend to understand what is happening. Is it lawful here to make slaves of free men?"

"No. No it is not," Dalal replied vehemently. "Whilst my personal physician attends your ... your friend, I will explain what has happened to my Kingdom. Nadra, can you get Faysal here?"

"I shall take a short cut, my Lady," Nadra grinned, heading to the balcony.

Bahadur watched as the slender Princess stood out on the balcony watching Nadra vanish from sight, and then turned his attention to the dazed Fahim who was trying to stir.

"Lie still, beloved," he urged. "You will soon be attended by a healer."

"Bahadur? Where are we?" Fahim's voice was weak but lucid.

"In a Princess' bedchamber, my love," Bahadur smiled gently. "I hope to get some answers soon and perhaps a way to be free of this place."

"I love you, Bahadur," Fahim murmured as he nestled closer to his mate's large body. He felt a strong hand stroke his hair and he let his eyes close. His back ached and his head pounded, but things seemed easier to bear with Bahadur close.

It took but a few moments before Bahadur glanced up from petting Fahim as a breathless Nadra re-entered the unique way she had left.

"Faysal will come quickly," she said with a grin. "He is pleased you would still turn to him."

The two women headed towards the outer room, talking as if alone.

"I have been such a fool," the Princess sighed.

A moment later and a loud rap to the door had both women turning towards it.

"Stay with your young man," Nadra said to Bahadur, as she hurried to take her place at Dalal's side. She was proud at the way the younger woman composed herself to stand tall and proud, blocking both entrance to and view of her inner room. She stepped aside to allow Faysal to bustle past, carrying his medicines, but stood fast as she saw the Prince storming angrily towards her quarters.

"Hashim tells me you undermined his authority and have allowed dangerous men refuge up here."

The Princess gazed calmly into eyes that were darkened with anger.

"I have taken responsibility for one ill young man that Faysal currently attends and who was brought here by his companion who appeared, to me, to be one of Hashim's own combatants. Are you saying that these fighters are not to be trusted?"

"That was not what I meant," the Prince said, clearly flustered by the hitherto acquiescent Princess challenging him.

"I will send the warrior back to Hashim once his companion has been treated by Faysal. This *is* still my father's palace and I am capable of making my own decisions, Prince Mahfuz. I have my handmaiden and my physician to chaperone me and *your* men, who you say are more trustworthy, to guard me. How can there be a problem?"

"You are right, of course, Princess," Mahfuz replied condescendingly, bowing low, his face in a supercilious smirk. He nodded to his men.

"You will keep careful watch over the Princess," he said to them.

At that moment it seemed to Dalal that she finally saw Mahfuz for what he was. The words were not those of a concerned man for his betrothed, but a warning to the men to prevent her acting so independently a second time. He had not taken her workload from her shoulders to help her, but had instead disempowered her, her bodyguards were no more than jailors and what she once had thought attentiveness was actually obsequiousness. She swallowed as bile rose in her throat at the smile, which held no affection for her, on Mahfuz's lips. She returned it with one she hoped looked sincere.

"Then it is settled," she declared. She felt Nadra shift her stance as Mahfuz's gaze tried to penetrate into her room. "Please ensure that Hashim understands that the warrior and his companion are under my protection and not to be punished in any way."

With a look in his eyes that almost had Dalal shudder with revulsion, the Prince gave a curt nod and strode away. As they closed the door behind them both women leant heavily against it, the Princess especially needing a moment to recover and process all that had happened. She moved unthinkingly towards the archway and gazed at the tableau before her. The warrior was on his knees at the side of the bed, holding to the young man's hand and murmuring a soothing litany of encouragements, as Faysal cleansed his back.

"The warrior's love is evident in his eyes, his words, his touch," Dalal said sadly. "When I think back on it, I have never been the recipient of such devotion from Mahfuz. How could I ever have thought he loved me?"

"You were raised to accept he was the man you would marry," Nadra shrugged. "You have never been given the opportunity to know what falling in love feels like. We need to act, Princess. I have a plan when the warrior is ready to come and listen."

Bahadur heard Nadra's words and looked up from his post.

"The worst is over, Bahadur," Faysal smiled gently. "I am sure Fahim will not mind if you go and speak with the Princess."

"I am fine, love," Fahim smiled. "I want to go home, Bahadur," he added in a whisper.

"Soon, my beloved," Bahadur nodded. He brought Fahim's hand to his lips and tenderly kissed the knuckles.

Bahadur listened to the Princess as she told her tale. Of Mahfuz assuming her authority, her enforced isolation, the Prince's physician treating the Sultan who, although not deteriorating, was always sleeping when she tried to visit and of how Mahfuz now sought them to marry without further delay.

"I have a plan," Nadra said eagerly. "I know where there are old passageways that lead outside the palace. If you go through them you can reach the city and seek out my uncle Nadir and tell him what's happened. He is sure to have a plan to help us."

"No, Nadra, I cannot go," Bahadur said gently, holding up his hand to prevent the determined woman from trying to argue. "Firstly, I cannot leave my heart," he said, glancing back towards Fahim. "Secondly, if I were to disappear, the Prince would know your Princess had a hand in it and I do not know what punishments she and Fahim may face. Better we keep the Prince ignorant that his hypocrisy and deceit have been recognised. I have a better idea. *You* go through the tunnels. Your uncle will listen to you without question. Additionally, Fahim's brother Afzal will be searching for us. He has a crew of men trained in combat. You have said the Prince has few men here. If you lead Afzal and some men back through the passages, others could to go to the gates with regular townsfolk. Mahfuz will probably supplement his own men with those from inside the palace if he thinks the gates are threatened. Once back inside the palace, you can speak to the men loyal to the Princess. There will be more than enough palace guards to deal with the Prince's men."

"I think the warrior is right, Nadra," Dalal said. "He is expected back by Hashim and I have given my word to return him."

"I will be safe enough. I am to be part of this afternoon's entertainment for the visiting royalty."

"I knew nothing of this," the Princess spluttered angrily. "He arranges visits from other Princes as though this is his palace?"

"It would seem so, my Lady," Bahadur said, smiling at the fury in the young woman's entire demeanour.

"I will get ready to leave immediately," Nadra said.

"Bahadur, a moment if you please?" Faysal's gentle voice had all three turning and moving towards the elderly physician. A small cup was in his hand and he could see the suspicion in the warrior's eyes. "It is just a mild sleeping draught," Faysal explained, answering the question before it could be asked. "Fahim is already much better from simple rest and drinking fresh, clean water. However, he needs some rest. This would make him sleep for just a couple of hours whilst his body gains strength. However, he insists that when you leave these rooms, he is leaving with you."

Bahadur smiled. That sounded exactly like the determined Fahim he knew so well. He stepped through the archway, unaware of three pairs of eyes that watched. His eyes devoured the sight before him. *This* was the setting in which he should have been able to deflower his innocent.

Fahim sat up in the bed, surrounded by cream and pink silks and satins that enhanced the colour of his copper skin. He held a sheet to his chest, but where one large, dark, delicious disc was obscured, the other was tantalisingly displayed. Bahadur could not help his tongue snaking out to lick his lips and as it did, he saw Fahim's eyes widen. He smiled, letting all his love, passion and desire be seen by his young lover.

Fahim sat, his chin taking on the tilt that spoke of stubbornness. He would not allow his mate to face Hashim alone. Whatever fate Bahadur met at the hands of their jailor, he was determined to meet it with him. He looked up as his lover entered the bedchamber and his eyes widened at the look in Bahadur's cerulean depths. He did not even notice as the sheet slipped from suddenly nerveless fingers to slither sinuously and pool at his hips.

As Bahadur sat next to Fahim, he heard Faysal usher the women back into the outer room and then put them from his mind, focused only on the precious young man before him.

"I ... I will not leave you," Fahim said, his voice suddenly thick.

"You will drink this and rest here," Bahadur countered, his voice darker and deeper than Fahim had ever heard it. The aural caress sent frissons throughout his lithe frame. "I am a necessary part of the afternoon's entertainment and I am under Princess Dalal's protection, as are you." As the warrior spoke, his free hand stroked the silk clad thigh of his mate, enjoying the feel of hard muscle under the soft cloth. "Nadra is going to bring Afzal here. And once this is behind us..." Bahadur leant forward and captured Fahim's mouth. His tongue ruthlessly pillaged the warm, wet cavern, expertly capturing Fahim's shyer muscle to suck into his own mouth. "I made you promises that I wish to keep and so need you to rest and regain your strength."

Fahim's moan was one of acquiescence and both men knew it. He took the cup from Bahadur and drank it quickly, grimacing at the bitter taste. He gave his mate a grateful look as he followed the potion with a drink of fresh water. As soon as he had drunk, Bahadur's mouth was on his once more. He was positioned on his side and his lover was kissing him over and over, each one a promise of the pleasure to come.

Pelaam
Pelaam
1,330 Followers