Aurion Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

And when the Dorian archers returned to the Dorian Army as 'Rangers', it set in motion a series of events that eventually led to the establishment of Dorian Rangers trained in the Sylvan fashion.

In addition, King Domitus had sent along 300 Dorian citizen Hoplites from one of the Army's Elite units, along with a few specialists troops that would add versatility to his force.

His force might've been small on the scale of Armies but it certainly consisted of some of then world's finest fighting men.

He had decided that, while the Xia, the Mountain Orcs and many other human tribes and clans assembled before the Dorian capital, he would head up to straighten out the rumors of rebellious Northern Lords siding with Demonkind of their own freewill.

In doing so, he not only intended to clear their northern flank, but also divide the enemy force in the West besieging the Elves from the main invasion coming from the Northeast. Without resupply, communication or reinforcement, the war parties besieging the Elven forests will be weakened and demoralized. Possibly to the point of retreat, but Michael wasn't counting on that. Plus, he didn't want humankind divided at all in the upcoming struggle.

The friends and allies had been concerned that he only intended to ride with such a small force, but he didn't want to weaken or delay the full muster of the combined army they were in the process of building. Talasa had been near feral, even to him, at being ordered to stay in the Capitol while he risked his life in battle. Diana had been less than enthusiastic but more easily recognized the need for both her and Talasa to be present to unify the huge numbers men and orcs soon to arrive in Doria.

Kokochun might have been helpful with integrating the Xia but his position and power amongst them made her unnecessary to bring them into the fold. So she rode with him, along with the curious little she-Elf Amila, to face unknown enemies and near certain danger.

Michael knew that, if his suspicions of finding considerable enemy forces in this land were correct, they would likely need to organize a legitimate Resistance from the refugees and defectors from the lands of the enemy human Lords. Each of whom had at least a few thousand men between his own private Household guard, his militia and ample hired mercenary companies. And they would all be prepared, well armed and mustered. It would not be a situation where brute force was the answer, that much was for sure.

And because of that, he was quite happy when Nyssa, followed by twenty of the world's finest Assassins, simply appeared in camp on the first night out of the Capital. She once again kneeled and gave her oath of loyalty. This time, however, she handed him an intricate bejeweled dagger with a curved blade. It was carried by the leader of the legendary and semi-mythical cult of Demon's Head, and had been for centuries.

:..: