Better

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There was no movement and no reply so Alice sullenly kicked her heels off, staring moodily at the floor. How can this be better?

Although Mister and Mrs Broderick seem happier and Shane…well, so does Shane.

He's very cute.

Wait! What am I doing!

Alice stood up and stared at the mirror and a beautiful but confused woman stared back. Sighing, she slowly began to undress and it wasn't until Alice was in her bra and knickers that the full impact of her new body swept through her.

Staring at this image of a beautiful woman in cream lingerie did nothing, nothing at all! In fact, Alice surveyed her image critically and wondered if she had put on a little weight around her thighs. I'll swim laps tomorrow, do a lot of kicking.

Wait! This is not you! This is…this is Alice!

Shaking her head to clear it of these strange thoughts, Alice rummaged through the clothes and found a green one-piece swimsuit with an island pattern around the bust.

Almost on automatic pilot, in a way that's exactly what it was like, Alice stripped her lingerie off, undoing her bra expertly, massaging the flesh where the bra strap had cut into it and then slipped on the swimsuit without a seconds thought.

A short skirt, a white tee-shirt and white sandals were next. As she was tying her hair into a ponytail and adjusting her make up, she wondered what Shane would think of her in the swimsuit.

Suddenly, an image of Shane looming over her, smiling down and with a look in his eyes that told Alice very clearly that he was about to kiss her!

Shane kissed her!

This is insane! Where are these memories coming from?

Alice gripped the dressing table to steady herself as thoughts collided within her mind, almost as if two parts of herself were arguing!

They're happy. You're happy!

No, how is this better?

Relax, enjoy it, see how the other half lives -- the better half!

Alice picked up a striped canvas beach with trembling hands and transferred compact, purse, comb, brush and a other things from her handbag without thinking and then added a striped beach towel. Alice and Shane have kissed! I have kissed him! Me! Alice…I mean...Angus!

A small memory swam to the service and she sat down abruptly with the weight of the realisation. I liked it! I liked it when he kissed me!

Alice stood and leaned close to the mirror, staring deeply into her eyes. A memory of a similar time when she stared at her newly pierced ears when she was just nine years old swept back to her and again, Alice shook her head. 'I'm going,' Alice said very softly, 'Angus is going.'

'Giemsa, where are you?' she asked plaintively but only there was only silence.

Slipping the canvas bag over her shoulder, retrieving her sunglasses from the handbag -- her handbag -- Alice stepped outside and saw Shane seated on the back step, a picnic basket by his legs.

Slowly, Alice walked up and Shane stood to greet her, a warm smile on his lips and his eyes tender and hot. Alice noticed his large hands, the outline of his forearms and felt a little warm.

'Sorry,' she said quietly, 'it took me age to decide what to wear.'

'It was worth it,' he said simply, taking her hand to pull her close. 'I can't get used to how beautiful you are.'

Heat surged through her as Shane held her loosely and softly kissed her, his warm lips pressing against hers and Alice found herself willingly returning the kiss.

'I'll take the picnic basket,' Shane said. 'I suspect Bettina has outdone herself.

Alice smiled and hand in hand they walked to the small jetty at the end of the house where the motor boat was moored.

They boarded the boat in a easy silence and Alice watched as Shane started the motor and guided the boat away from the jetty. His big hands cradled the wheel lightly and Alice wondered what it would be like to be held tightly by those hands, to be squeezed while kissed and then…

Stop! What are you thinking!

'It's a beautiful day,' Shane said as he steered and grinned at her.

'Yes,' Alice responded, 'it is so lovely here.'

'I don't think I could ever grow tired of your accent,' he said.

'Accent?' Alice found herself saying cheekily. 'I'm afraid you're the one with the accent, darling.'

Darling? Did I say that?

Shane laughed, a deep rumble that seemed to touch Alice tenderly in her heart. 'So you insist.' He glanced at the horizon and Alice sensed he was nervous. 'Can you believe we've only known each other for just six months?'

Actually, it's shorter than that! Try a few hours!

Images, real memories of that six months flooded her and she lived them all in just a few seconds.

'I know,' Alice gently said truthfully, 'it's been wonderful.'

'Do you really think so?' Shane asked urgently.

'Yes, of course,' Alice smiled and, again, wondered why he was so nervous.

Shane stopped the boat, dropped a small anchor and sat beside Alice.

'Look, Alice,' he said in a rush, 'I know I'm useless at business while you're such a genius. Dad thinks the world of you but, I have to tell you something.'

Alice stared at him, seeing his furrowed brow and his shaking hands. 'What, darling?' she asked, concerned.

'Alice, I love you,' he said.

Alice's jaw dropped and Shane tenderly took her hand. Emotion coursed through her and she felt deliriously happy.

He loves me!

A tidal wave of hot emotion engulfed her and an immense affection -- no, love -- for Shane claimed her.

'I love you, darling,' she whispered -- it was suddenly true, she did! - and they merged together to kiss.

Shane beamed at her. 'I'm so glad, I've been worried like hell because,' he said, rummaged in his pocket, producing a small box and opening it to reveal a glittering diamond engagement ring, 'I want to ask you to marry me. Please, will you marry me? It's a little difficult to kneel in a boat but I will if you want me to.'

Marry? He wants to marry me?

Alice burst into tears and clung to him. 'Don't give me an answer, darling,' he whispered, 'not yet. Please think about it.'

Of course I need to think about it!

No, you love him! You have been hoping he would ask! What on earth is there to think about?

'Yes,' she found herself saying, 'yes! Yes! Yes!'

Shane slipped the ring on her finger and she looked at it proudly.

A small but fading voice deep within her protested but Alice ignored it, kissing Shane deeply, feeling his hard body against hers and she knew this was what she wanted.

They broke apart almost shyly, smiled at each other and kissed again, the ring glittering on her finger and she could feel his hardness against her stomach as he pushed her back.

Other boats drifted past and he grinned sheepishly and arranged himself next to her, arm around her shoulders. Alice laid her head against his shoulder, pulling a towel over his lap and slipping her hand underneath it to caress his hard cock through his shorts.

'You seem to love kissing me,' she murmured, fingers stroking.

'I love everything about you,' Shane whispered, his lips in her hair, 'but be careful, I could have an accident.'

'You don't like it?' Alice pouted, slowly unzipping his fly under cover of the towel and looking up at him with a wicked grin.

'You know I do, honey,' he gasped as her fingers closed around his cock. He's large! I can't wait to feel him inside me!

'There are people watching,' he cautioned as her fingers slowly slid up and down his cock, hidden by the towel.

'I don't care,' she whispered, feeling wanton and loved.

'You wicked woman,' he moaned and kissed her again. 'People can tell what you're doing…'

'All right,' Alice said teasingly and released his cock, sliding her hand out from under the towel. 'Later.'

They walked slowly back to the house, Alice's head on his shoulder and holding hands. 'Should I tell them?' Shane asked softly. 'Mom has guessed, I think.'

Alice recalled the twinkling eyes of Shane's mother and agreed. 'Probably,' Alice replied. Should they casually announce they were getting married? What about Angus? 'Let's tell them,' Alice said quietly and, at that moment, the last remnants of Angus felt life slipping away as his memories were subtly being altered to be viewed from Alice's perspective. Being with Shane was more important than anything and the world suddenly seemed very different -- better.

Mrs Broderick was in the kitchen, laughing and talking with Bettina the cook when they walked in.

'Mom,' Shane said with a grin, 'we've something to tell you.'

He squeezed Alice's hand while Emily and Bettina grinned, waiting expectantly. 'I've asked Alice to marry me and she's agreed.'

Mrs Broderick seized Alice in an enormous hug and Alice saw small tears in her eyes. 'Alice! I'm so glad! This is great news!'

Bettina also seized Alice and hugged her and then turned her attention to Shane.

Tony Broderick, brought by the noise appeared in the kitchen. 'Is this what I think it is?' he asked excitedly and Shane grinned sheepishly. He warmly hugged Alice and smiled at her. 'I guessed when Shane couldn't take his eyes off you the first time you joined us. It's great to have a daughter.'

Alice blushed and smiled at them all. 'Thank you all so much. It's wonderful. I'm so happy,' she said and began crying.

Emily hugged her again. Tony Broderick slapped Shane on the shoulder, grinning up at him and Bettina announced, 'Coffee?'

'No,' Tony said, 'champagne!'

'Alice,' Emily said suddenly, 'do you want to call your parents and give them the news?'

'My parents?' Alice said stupidly. My parents are dead! Angus floated to the surface and the world suddenly seemed strange again.

'I've got the number,' Shane said with a sly grin, 'I rang your Dad and asked his permission.'

Emily and Tony laughed. 'That's my boy,' Tony said proudly.

'You rang…Dad?'

'Yes, honey. They're waiting for a call and they said it didn't matter what time. Here, I'll dial it for you.'

When the phone was in her hand and ringing, Alice's heart was pounding so loudly she was sure it drowned out thee excited buzz of conversation between the Broderick family.

The was a click and that warm, soft voice came on. 'Hello?'

'Mum?'

'Hello, dear,' Alice's mother said excitedly. 'How are you?'

'Wonderful,' Alice said and burst into tears. 'I'm so happy,' she sobbed.

'You have some news, dear?' Alice's mother prompted, excitedly. 'Your father is pacing up and down like a tiger. You know how he is.'

Yes, I know how he is! 'Mum, it's wonderful to hear your voice…'

'And yours.'

'I'm getting married!'

'I'm so glad! Shane is a wonderful boy. We both liked him when you flew home last month.'

We flew home last month? At that thought, memories of that wonderful trip flooded through Alice's mind, filling the nooks and crannies with details and emotions. God, she loved Shane!

'I'll put your father on.'

There was a pause, then her father's deep and mellow voice, always kind, filled her up. 'How's my little girl?'

Memories of sitting on his knee, walking hand in hand to the park and how he patiently helped her to learn to ride her bicycle swept through her. 'Dad…' Alice choked and tried to smile.

'I'm so glad for you, he's a wonderful boy. Although, I don't know whether I'm ready to be a grandfather.'

Alice laughed. 'Dad, you sound wonderful…'

'I'm rather well, actually, Played golf yesterday and beat Edward for the first time.'

'How is Uncle Edward?'

'Still the same but he'll be chuffed as well. Tell Tony we're coming over.'

'You are?'

'Of course.'

Tony was signalling and Alice smiled at him. 'I'll put him on. My father,' Alice said, holding the telephone out to Tony who eagerly took it.

'Bill! Isn't it great news! Sure, that's great! Let me do the arrangements, you and Mrs McLeod will stay with Emily and I. It's no problem, it'll be fun!'

Alice took Shane's hand and led him to the French doors. 'I do love you, you know,' she whispered.

'I know and I know you.'

Alice slipped her arms around him and laid her head on his chest. 'I never knew that life could be so…'

'Good?'

'Better.'

12