Bindu

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As Bindu became more and more alert, she fully remembered what had happened the night before. She tried to slip out of bed without disturbing Phillip. Just as she was leaving the bed to head for the bathroom, Phillip caught her hand.

"Bindu, I am so sorry I hurt you. I was too excited about the new contract and being with you to be in full control of myself. For weeks now, I have wanted you. At first, you had reminded me of Simone. You look a lot like her. Then I began to care for you for yourself. Just as importantly, you and Julia get along so well. You are a wonderfully sweet, gentle, and helpful young lady. I haven't felt like this about anyone since Simone died. Bindu, I love you. Will you marry me?"

Bindu was shocked when she heard those words from her boss. Without responding, she went to the restroom. She needed to clean herself up and get dressed.

As she walked toward the door, Phillip called after her. "I will wait for your decision. I hope you accept."

With their major project completed, Bindu returned to her apartment the next morning. She also returned to work at the company's offices.

She had a difficult time concentrating on work. Every now and then her mind drifted back to Mr. Edwards and the events of the previous night. Though she had bled very little after losing her virginity, Bindu was quite sore between her legs. Giving Mr. Edwards her special gift had been painful, and her soreness was a constant reminder of what she had given. Then her thoughts turned to Mr. Edwards' marriage proposal.

Her mind was over flowing with questions. She had to ask herself. 'Will it be right to marry the boss, a man so much higher than her station in life? Will Mr. Edwards' relatives accept their marriage, especially when they find out about her past. Mr. Edwards probably did not know about her past marriage or how she had come to be married. I am not the right woman for him. I will leave this job and return to India.' Her mind was made up. She had to go home to India.

After lunch, Bindu left work without saying anything to anyone of her decision to return to India. She made arrangements for a flight out of JFK. It was scheduled to leave later that evening. She packed her meager possessions during the afternoon.

Before she left the United States, Bindu knew she had to see Julia one last time. Over the last couple of months, Julia and Bindu had become very close. The little girl deserved an explanation of why her friend was going away.

Julia had just arrived home from school when Bindu arrived via taxi.

The servant was surprised to see Bindu at the door with her packed bags. "What's the matter Ms. Bindu? You look like you're in a hurry to go somewhere."

"Yes! I am leaving for India tonight. The project for which I came here is now over. So, I wish to return to India."

"I am sure Mr. Edwards and Julia will be very disappointed to see you go. But please, come in."

Julia, who had started doing her homework had seen Bindu arrive. She came bounding down the stairs to meet her friend.

Bindu took Julia's hands and knelt in front of the child. She told Julia of her plans to return to India. They both had tears flowing down their cheeks.

Please Ms. Bindu, please don't leave. I need you to help me with my homework. Who will play with me? Daddy and I will miss you so much." The little girl latched on to Bindu's legs and hugged the tightly as her friend stood up.

"Oh Julia. I will miss you too, but I have to leave. Calm down baby. My job here is over. I have to go back to India." Bindu then bent over and kissed the child.

Julia was sobbing and her tears were flowing heavily. Her little heart was breaking. Through her sobs she said. "Bindu please stay. My Mommy left me and Daddy. Now, you are leaving us. It's not fair. Please stay."

Pulling away from the crying Julia, Bindu went to Mr. Edwards' office. She wanted to leave him a resignation letter before he came home. She quickly finished the letter and looked around the office for one last time.

Her eyes fell on Simone's picture. The photo seemed to be calling to her. As she moved closer to the picture, in her mind, she heard it calling her name. The picture seemed to be speaking directly to Bindu in her mind. 'Bindu, all is well. I am gone, but you are there. Search your heart, Bindu. Do you not love Julia? Do you not have great warm feelings for Phillip?'

"Yes, but I am so unworthy to be a wife and a mother to them. What will his family say if he marries a divorced and rejected woman. A woman who was rejected in favor of a whore." Bindu verbally responded to the thoughts coming from Simone's picture.

'You must put the past behind you, Bindu. Give Phillip a chance. He is a good and fair man. Tell him about your life. It will not matter to him, or his family.'

"How can I ever replace you, Simone?" Bindu's resolve to leave was weakening.

'You must! I know you will take good care of my family. You must help Julia grow up to be a fine young woman. Phillip needs you too. Let your heart guide you in this.'

Though it seemed like she had been in Mr. Edwards' office for only a few minutes, the clock on the wall told her differently. Bindu had been there for nearly an hour. She knew she had to leave right away.

As she opened the office door to leave, she heard tires screeching to a halt in the drive. A matter of seconds later, Phillip Edwards breathlessly burst through his front door. Bindu stood frozen in place in the office doorway.

"Bindu! Please wait. Don't go just yet. We need to talk." He approached Bindu and asked. Would you please step into my office for a few minutes?"

Bindu lowered her head and agreed to speak with Mr. Edwards. She followed him into his office and shut the door behind them.

"Bindu, I know I hurt you last night. I am truly sorry I hurt you. I swear I didn't know you were a virgin. I have fallen in love with you and have been wanting to ask you to marry me for weeks."

Phillip knelt on one knee, pulled a small jewelry box from his jacket pocket, and opened it. The box contained a wedding set including an engagement ring with a large solitaire diamond. Holding the box out to Bindu, Phillip spoke again. "Julia and I both want and need you to become part of our family. Please, stay and be my wife." Phillip pleaded with the beautiful girl standing before him.

About then, Julia could not stand the waiting any longer. She ran into Phillip's office and saw her father on his knees before Bindu. She instantly knew he had proposed to her. She, and her father, had discussed this a few days earlier. The little girl ran to her father's side and knelt beside him. She held her hands up to Bindu and pleaded. "Oh please say yes, Ms. Bindu. Please be my new Mommy, and Daddy's new wife. We love you and need you." Tears were beginning to form in Julia's eyes again.

Bindu was not unmoved. She began tearing up as well. "Oh, Mr. Edwards, er Phillip, I am unworthy of being your wife. I..."

"Nonsense!" Phillip sternly interrupted. I know all about your failed marriage. I had my office manager, Mr. Jaitley, tell me all about you and your past before we left for NY. Forgive me, but that's why I didn't expect what I found last night. I knew there was something special about you the first time I saw you. I know about your failed marriage. I know your parents are disappointed in you. I even know about the young man's proposal that you turned down so you didn't hurt your friend."

Bindu's head was bowed as a tear fell down her cheek. "But Sir, I am unworthy to...."

'You're in America now, Bindu." Phillip continued. "None of that matters. I know how important it is to you to be accepted by the family of your future husband. Let me assure you, they will love you as much as I do."

"Me too, Daddy. Me too!" Julia chimed in.

"Yes, you too Julia. You see, Bindu, you have already been accepted by everyone in this family that matters. Julia and I accept, want, and need you. We love you, Bindu. I love you. I asked you again. Will you do me the honor of becoming my bride? Will you marry me?"

By then Bindu was in tears. Could this man really not care about her past? Would his family really not care? Her dreams had been broken and crushed so many times before. Did she dare dream again. She did have deep feelings for Phillip. She and Julia seemed to have a special connection. She glanced at Simone's picture one more time.

Again she heard Simone speak to her mind. 'Let your heart be your guide, Bindu. You must take care of our family.'

With trembling hands, Bindu reached out to the rings Phillip was holding. "Yes, Mr. Edw...Phillip, I will be your wife. Julia, if you will have me, I will try to be your new mother."

Still kneeling, Phillip took the engagement ring out of it's box and slowly slipped it on the ring finger of Bindu's left hand. Julia was excitedly clapping and bouncing in place beside her father.

Phillip then stood and pulled Bindu to him. He tightly wrapped his strong arms around the small woman. Lifting her chin with his hand, he kissed her with all the passion he had inside. Bindu eagerly returned the kiss.

'Yes, she could dare to dream again.' She thought.

While Phillip kissed Bindu, Julia hugged both their legs and quietly sighed. "Daddy, Mommy."

As she returned Phillip's kiss, Bindu stroked Julia's hair and pulled the child close.

Mr. Brown then entered the office. After a few moments, he asked. "Sir, Madam, do we have a wedding to plan?"

Phillip, Bindu, and Julia all had tears in their eyes. Robert continued to hug Bindu and replied. "Yes, Mr. Brown! Yes, we do."

"I'll get right on it, Sir." He then left the new family alone in the office.

"Bindu, Julia, we have to make a phone call." Julia recognized the speed-dial button her father had pushed. She told Bindu who her father was calling. "Daddy's calling Grandma and Grandpa. They will be so excited."

"I hope your grand parents accept me, Julia." Bindu was visibly shaking.

Phillip soon hung up the phone. "They're flying in and will be here late tomorrow morning. We will pick them up at JFK." Phillip saw how nervous Bindu had become. He took her into his arms again and hugged her snugly to his chest. "I promise it will be OK. They will love you as much as I do. Now my love, would you like to move back into a room here, or return to your apartment until the wedding?"

"I...I...I think I should return to my apartment until the wedding, if you don't mind. I will come to live with my husband after we are married. I will give all of myself to him then."

"Bindu, if that's what you want, that's what you shall have. If you are ready to go back to your apartment, Julia and I will take you. We have a busy day ahead of us tomorrow."

Mr. Brown carried Bindu's luggage to Phillip's car. Phillip, Bindu, and Julia soon followed. Mr. Edwards and Julia then took Bindu to her apartment. As Phillip drove and Julia sat close to her, Bindu thought to herself. 'Maybe this dream will come true.'

At Bindu's apartment, Julia hugged Bindu tightly and asked. "Bindu, can I call you Mommy when you and Daddy get married?"

"Of course you may, sweetheart. I promise to try very hard to be a very good mommy for you." Bindu, with a tear in her eye, hugged and told the young child.

Phillip then took Bindu in his arms and passionately kissed his bride to be. He quietly told her. "I love you, Bindu. You will be a beautiful bride that I will be proud to have as my wife."

"I will try to be a caring, attentive, and dutiful wife for you and mother for Julia. I hope your father and mother find me acceptable as your wife."

"Of course they will. Just wait and see. Now get some rest. I'll be here at about 9:00 AM to pick you up. You're going to the airport with us." Phillip told Bindu.

"You want me to go to the airport with you to meet your parents?" She asked.

"Of course." Phillip insisted.

"Yes, Sir." She obediently replied.

"Just one more thing, Bindu. Stop calling me, 'Sir'. Please call me Phillip." He insisted.

"Yes, Si...I mean, Phillip." She smiled broadly.

The couple kissed passionately again. Julia kissed Bindu, then she and her father left for home. On the way, they chatted about Bindu joining their family. Julia promised to be as good as she could for her new mommy. Phillip hugged his daughter and said. "I know you will sweetheart. We will both do our best to be as good as we can to Bindu and make her feel welcome and loved."

As promised, Phillip and Julia arrived at Bindu's apartment a few minutes before 9:00 AM. They stared at her when Bindu opened her door for them. She must have spent hours getting ready to meet the Edwards. Her hair was perfect with not a single strand out of place. She was wearing the only saree she had. It was light green and nicely complimented her tan skin.

"You look beautiful, Bindu." Phillip praised his fiancee. He gave her a light peck on her cheek. He knew women that had spent so much effort getting ready did not want their efforts ruined by an amorous boyfriend.

Bindu smiled and said. "Thank you, Si... er... Phillip."

"Yeah, you're pretty." Julia added.

"Thank you, Julia. So are you." Bindu smiled at the child that was soon to be her daughter to love and care for.

Phillip knew Bindu was nervous about meeting his parents. He had felt her shaking when he kissed her. In India, the parents of a couple could approve or disapprove of a marriage. If they disapproved, that was that. There would be no marriage.

Phillip sought to calm his future wife. He took her by her hands and said. "Honey, I know my parents will love you as much as I do. They are good people and will welcome you into our family as much as Julia and I have. I promise. Now come on. We don't want to be late."

The drive out to JFK was uneventful. The passed through the security check point with little delay. They got to the appropriate gate just as the plane carrying Phillip's parents taxied to a stop. Phillip, Julia, and especially Bindu, anxiously waited for the passengers to begin deplaning. Bindu was a bundle of nerves. Phillip took her hand and squeezed it. Again, he reassured her. "It'll be alright, Honey. I promise."

Julia spotted her grandparents first. She broke away and ran to them. The three of them stepped out of the flow of people getting off the plane and hugged each other.

Julia was bubbling with excitement. "Oh Grandma, Grandpa, I've missed you so much. But wait 'til you meet Bindu. She's really nice and wants to be my new mommy." Taking a hand from each of her grandparents, Julia led them to where her father and Bindu waited.

Forgetting her father was even standing there, Julia excitedly introduced Bindu. "This is Bindu. She is going to me my mommy."

The senior Mr. Edwards held out his hand to the still shaking Bindu. "It is a pleasure to meet you Ms. Bindu." He said.

She took his hand and politely shook it.

"Robert, is that any way to greet your new daughter?" Mrs. Edwards admonished her husband. She then warmly hugged Bindu. "Darling, I am Mona. I am so happy to meet you." Mona then released Bindu from the hug and continued. "You will be a wonderful addition to this family. I am so glad Phillip has found a sweet and lovely young girl like you who is willing to marry him. He has been calling us almost every night for the past month telling us all about you. He has made you sound so wonderful."

Bindu blushed, bowed her head, and said. "Thank you, Ma'am."

"Phillip, you better be good to this girl." For the second time in just a few minutes, Mona had admonished both men in her family. Bindu was impressed by Mona.

As the men gathered luggage and loaded it into Phillip's car, the women, including Julia, had climbed into the rear seat and chatted. Mona, of course took the lead in their conversation. "Bindu dear, please don't be intimidated by us. We will accept you into our family. Phillip has told us of your fear of rejection from us. Don't worry. If Phillip loves you enough to ask you to marry him, that's good enough for us."

For the first time that day, Bindu began to relax. With tears in her eyes, she hugged Mona. "Thank you, Ma'am."

Mona continued. "There's just one thing I would like to ask you."

"Yes, Ma'am?"

"Please dear, call us Mona and Robert. We're not too big on formalities.

"Yes, Ma... Mona." Bindu smiled broadly.

In the mean time, Phillip and his father were loading luggage in the car's trunk. Robert asked. "Damn boy, I thought Simone was pretty, but this one is a knock-out. Where in the world did you find her?"

"That's it exactly, Dad. I had to fly half way around the world to find her working at our Mumbai plant. She caught and held my attention the very first time I laid eyes on her. On top of being beautiful, she's a real asset in the office too. She led the team that put together the proposal that will keep our company in the black for the next five years. She and Julia have hit it off right away too. Over the course of a few weeks, I fell in love with her. I know that's very quick, Dad, but I really do love her."

"I can see that, son. Hell, I fell for your mother the first time I saw her. Of course, I didn't tell her for a week or two. You should have seen the look on her face when, after dating only two weeks, I told her she was going to marry me."

"Yeah, it was probably a lot like Bindu's face when I asked he to marry me just the night before last. I guess the Edwards do big things in a big way in a big hurry."

Both men laughed and Robert slapped Phillip on the back. "Go for it, son. Besides, she looks like one hot little lady. That little gal is going to keep you worn out, boy."

"Dad!" Phillip was only a little embarrassed by his father's sexually loaded comment.

The men were still laughing when they climbed into the car and headed home. Mona asked. "What are you two up to?"

"Nothing Mom." Phillip lied.

"Nothing important, dear." Robert backed his son.

"Bindu darling, you're going to have to watch those two. They'll scheme you right out of your panties if you let them."

Bindu blushed and giggled. She realized that her in-laws were really nice people.

The wedding planning began that afternoon. "Where would you like to get married, dear?" Mona asked.

"I don't know. I don't know NY very well at all. Can you suggest some place."

"Well, this place is huge. Why don't you and Phillip get married in the garden out back?" Mona suggested.

"The garden is beautiful. It will be good to get married there, if Phillip wants to." Binu agreed.

"Honey, when it comes to weddings, men will do as they are told as long as all they have to do is show up on time." The women laughed and it was settled. Phillip and Bindu would be married in his own garden.

Mona then asked Bindu how she could contact her parents in India. It seemed only right that they would want to be at their daughter's wedding.

Bindu told Mona how to reach her parents. "They probably won't come. They don't want anything to do with me after I divorced Mangat."

Mona called India anyway and spoke with Bindu's father. He told Mona. "Bindu? Bindu who? We used to have a daughter by that name, but she disgraced us. She is dead to us!" He then hung up.

Mona looked at Bindu who had tears in her eyes. Hugging the tearful girl, she said. "No matter my dear. Phillip is my only child. I always wanted a daughter, but it wasn't meant to be. Simone had her own parents nearby. If you don't mind and will allow me, I would love to be your mother and help you prepare for your wedding. Will that be OK with you?"

Tears flowed down Bindu's cheeks. "Oh yes, Mona. Thank you. Thank you for being so kind to me."

"Nonsense, dear. You are going to be a daughter soon anyway. So, why wait. We can get started being family right now. In America, first time brides usually wear a white gown. How do brides dress in India? How would you like to dress? It is completely up to you."