Bird Woman: Naked Superhero

Story Info
The hilarious adventures of a naked Indian superhero.
4.9k words
44.9k
28

Part 1 of the 3 part series

Updated 08/30/2017
Created 06/08/2007
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Yvonne finished up with her last client at six in the evening, and then stayed behind and wrote her progress notes concerning the counseling session. When she was done twenty minutes later, she left the clinic and biked to her apartment near Lake Merritt.

After taking a shower, she wrote some more client notes for the people she saw during the past week. Each of them came from different walks of life, had different issues, but were similar in that they were all low income and poor. Her client caseload was diverse as well: individuals from various races, different faiths, and different genders.

A few of them were Native American like herself. Specifically, she was Navajo and Apache, and in her late twenties. She was a tall woman, 5'11" in height, and had a thick, muscular build. Her black hair was shoulder length, and her skin a native brown.

She didn't believe in favoritism, but cared about her Indian clients very much. Some of them were around her parents' age and she sometimes looked up to them as parental figures. Some of their mannerisms, gestures, and histories reminded her of her mother and father. It may be their smile, their nod, their laugh, or a twinkle in their eye that would make her think of her folks. Sometimes her eyes would get watery. One thing she was very good at was not mixing her professional life and personal life together. Sure, she'd offer a client a ride somewhere sometimes, but that was as far as she went. Yvonne saw too many of her coworkers suffer from burnout because of doing too much for their clients. She learned a lot from them.

When she was done with the charting, she pushed her glasses up her nose and yawned. It had been a long day. But it wasn't over yet. She went to her room and started packing for her camping trip. As she did so, she looked at the posters on the walls. Most of them were for Indian political causes and marches. Equal rights for indigenous peoples, empowerment for women of color, powwows, feminist demonstrations, anti-war rallies, and environmental protests. She had helped coordinate many of these events, and was proud of her work and achievements in the native community. She believed there was still a long way to go. In fact, this Saturday she and several other Indian coworkers were coordinating an Indigenous People's Day event in Berkeley.

As an Indian woman in the twenty-first century she was still angry at the injustices and discrimination her race had suffered. That's why she attended as many protests as she could and tried to involve herself politically as much as possible. Yet there was another side to her that was very positive and calm. That part of her yearned for a nice, long vacation.

Yvonne drove up north and camped for the next few days.

It was warm and muggy as she fished in a river. In the late afternoon, she set up her tent. During the middle of the night, she was awakened by a loud thud, as if something heavy had landed on the ground. Getting out of her sleeping bag, she threw on some clothes and grabbed her flashlight.

Walking barefoot, she followed a trail of smoke and ashes that led her near the river where she had been fishing earlier. On the bank of the river was a giant, glowing orb. It was the size of a car. Her sleepy eyes immediately widened at the intriguing sight, at the pulsating white light. The clear ball had made quite a depression in the dirt. A low, monotonous hum emitted from the orb.

"What the heck is that?" she whispered to herself, stunned.

She approached the orb slowly and cautiously, her bare toes wet from walking on the damp earth near the water. There was nothing inside of it, and when she pointed her flashlight at it there was no reflection. Pushing her glasses up her nose to study the object more carefully, she suddenly realized she was being drawn toward the ball by some unseen force.

Yvonne resisted fiercely, trying to pull herself away, but the force seemed too powerful. It was like trying to run in water. She eventually dropped the light, and wound up clawing and kicking as the energy slowly sucked her into the orb.

Her screams echoed in the night.

When she woke up, she had the biggest headache. She'd kill for some aspirin or Tylenol. It felt like a giant rock was sitting on top of her brain. As she struggled into a sitting position, she discovered she was still at the river bank but now it was morning. Strangely, she was butt naked and shivering from the cold. When she got up, her head swirled around and around and she vomited. She felt like her head was going to explode. It was not a pleasant feeling. She puked a few more times before forcing herself to get up.

Massaging her forehead, she had to get her bearings. Her glasses were intact, perched over her nose. After remembering where her campsite was, she walked in that direction. Fortunately, everything was still there including her vehicle. She quickly threw on some spare clothes and took a couple of aspirin. Minutes later, her head felt a little better but not completely.

What was that thing? she kept wondering. Why did it suck me in? She had already checked her body and found no unusual cuts, bruises, or wounds. Most importantly, she examined her private body areas and everything was okay as far as the naked eye could see. The only thing that bothered her was the lingering headache.

Yvonne began packing her belongings, and soon left, totally puzzled.

She checked various news sources but found no stories involving weird orbs or the like. She also considered calling the police but then decided against it. The whole thing was just too freakishly bizarre. Her headache eventually disappeared and everything was back to normal at the clinic. It was Tuesday, and in addition to seeing her usual clients, she also facilitated a women's support group for depression, as well as one for substance abusers.

The day was busy and hectic, and after her support group for substance abusers was over, she felt her hands get warm. They soon got very hot to the point where she had to race to the restroom and run cold water over them. She sighed in relief, looking at her red hands. After turning off the water and drying them, she felt them get hot again. Holding them palms up, her jaw dropped open when she saw a fireball materialize and hover above each hand. They were the size of a grapefruit.

"What the hell. . ." she said, staring at them. When she turned her hands palms down, they disappeared. Flipping them over again, the fireballs reappeared. She repeated this motion a few more times, and the balls would always come back when she had her hands palms up. "This is so freaky." With the fireballs still active, she said, "Turn off," but nothing happened. "Turn fireballs off." Nothing. "Deactivate fireballs." Nothing.

She played around with this bizarre new phenomenon for a while, and then discovered she could make the balls vanish with a simple mental command. If she wanted them back, she used her mind to will them into action. She smiled. "Cool."

Suddenly, there was a knock on the restroom door. "Everything all right in there?" her coworker asked.

"I'm fine." Or am I?

Several days later, she and her colleagues coordinated the Indigenous People's Day event in a park in downtown Berkeley. There was live music, Aztec dancers, various political speakers, and great food. Free Leonard Peltier signs were everywhere, including ones that said, Columbus did not discover America. She ate some fry bread and tamales as she sat on the grass, chatting with different friends and acquaintances from the community. Afterwards, she got on stage and made some announcements before introducing a tribal drumming group.

Following the event, she accompanied a friend as he walked his dog. As they approached the intersection, his dog got excited and started running across the street.

"Justin!" her friend said.

She saw a car coming fast towards the dog. Yvonne started running after him, and before she knew it, she was flying in the air. She swooped down and grabbed Justin before the car slammed on its brakes. Then she landed safely back on the sidewalk, with Justin in her arms.

The look on her friend's face was just as stunned as hers. "What the hell was that?" he asked.

"I don't know."

"Hey, lady, are you from the circus?" asked the motorist.

Still in awe of her powers, Yvonne drove to an empty field and practiced her flying technique, as well as the one for the fireballs. The orb must've caused all this, she thought. What was it? Was it from another world? She had no answers but figured she was stuck with these talents for a while, and might as well use them for good causes. Like perhaps for the empowerment of her people. That was an idea. How about for the empowerment and mobilization of women of color? That was another good one. She kept brainstorming. To fight crime and criminals! She could be the first Native American superhero, she thought with amusement.

When she returned home, she thought about a costume. She laughed, appalled at how ridiculous and foolish the super heroine concept was. She was surprised she was even thinking of an outfit! But for some reason, she found it intriguing, it was something to kill the boredom. After pondering for a while, she drove to a costume shop in Berkeley and bought a bird mask that covered half of her face. When she got back to her apartment, she put it on and then stripped naked. Studying herself in the full length mirror in the bathroom, she nodded.

"I like it," she said. She looked at her large brown breasts with their big, dark nipples, at her giant, shaved pussy, and her big, shapely ass. Her thighs and calves were huge and muscular, not to mention her arms. "It's different and I like it."

She tackled her first case one Saturday afternoon as she was flying naked in the skies over Oakland. She witnessed a violent carjacking on Mandela Parkway and followed the car. Moments later, she landed in front of the vehicle and it braked immediately.

"What the. . .?" asked the driver, a thin, gaunt white man.

"It's a frickin' naked woman!" laughed his partner, a stocky black man. "Man, look at the size of those hooters. And her cunt, it's huge!"

"This is nuts." The driver honked the horn angrily. "Get the hell out of our way!"

Yvonne didn't budge, looking at them from behind her bird mask, her black hair touching her shoulders. "This BMW doesn't belong to you, gents. So get out."

"Go to hell, lady!" the driver said. "Now get outta the way before I run you over."

"Try."

"Don't test me, lady."

"Try," she repeated calmly.

The gaunt man slammed on the gas pedal, and the car lurched forward. Before it had a chance to even touch her, she stopped it dead in its tracks by pressing her hands down hard on the hood. The man pounded the pedal again. The engine roared and the wheels spun, but the BMW didn't move an inch. The distinct smell of burnt rubber was in the air.

"I suggest you gentlemen get out of the car," she said firmly.

They obeyed. "Can't believe we got stopped by a beautiful naked woman," the stocky man said.

"I ain't buyin' any of this," his partner said, pulling out a gun. He aimed it at her.

Oh, shoot! she thought. What about firearms?

Before he had a chance to squeeze the trigger, she flung a fireball at him, and his clothes went in flames instantly. "Help!" he screamed. "Help me!"

His partner took off his coat and smothered the fire out, looking at her in astonishment. "Who are you?"

"Bird Woman," she said proudly. "And don't you guys forget it."

The next morning, a drawing of her face appeared in all the papers and on the internet, and was broadcast on every news channel. The various headlines read: BIRD WOMAN FIGHTS CRIME, MEET OAKLAND'S NEWEST CRIME FIGHTER- BIRD WOMAN, SUPERHERO BIRD WOMAN STOPS CARJACKERS.

Will this be my fifteen minutes of fame? she wondered. She had hoped all her political activism had taken care of that. As she sat in her office with a disabled client, one of her Indian coworkers popped her head in.

"Did you hear about that Bird Woman?" she asked.

Yvonne nodded. "Crazy, huh?"

"Yeah, a nude superhero. What will the world think of next? And I hear she might be native or Latina."

"One for our side?"

She nodded optimistically. "Maybe. Who knows? I don't know anything anymore when something like this happens," she said, and walked away.

Yvonne finished filling out the rest of the clinic forms for her client.

He chuckled. "And I thought I saw everything in Vietnam."

On the weekend, she drove back to the campsite, where she had seen the orb. The mystical object was not there anymore, of course, but she wanted to check anyway. She did a thorough sweep of the forest area and the riverbank as well. Nothing. Did it return to space? To another planet? Who sent it?

She shook her head, perplexed. Why was she given these special powers and not someone else? Did the orb claim any other victims? Was she obligated to be a superhero now? Too many questions, too many unknowns.

When she got back to her apartment, she checked the news again for any stories involving orbs but didn't see anything. To take her mind off the subject, she headed to the gym and worked out.

* * *

The following weekend had her attending a large anti-war march in San Francisco. Her coworkers and her brought their big signs: IMPEACH BUSH, WORST PRESIDENT EVER. On the BART ride back to the East Bay, she saw a group of young men staring at a teenage girl. Her bird senses were picking up negative vibes from the situation. So when the girl and the group got off at the Fruitvale station, she followed them.

The girl got in her car and drove off, and the men pursued her in a van. Yvonne quickly stripped naked, stashing her clothes and protest signs behind some bushes. Then she slipped on her bird mask and flew up into the air. She followed them as they maneuvered their way through the streets of Oakland. Everything looked small from the sky. Looking down, she saw a man walking his dog, saw kids playing basketball in a schoolyard, and saw a liquor store clerk sweeping trash off the sidewalk. She suddenly had a voyeuristic thought pop into her head, wondering what was happening under all these roofs. The cool air blew against her bare skin.

The girl finally parked her vehicle off of East 14th Street and went into an apartment building. The van parked nearby and the young men approached the complex. She hovered above the building, watching them sneak in the front door as someone else was coming out. That's when she swooped down onto a fire escape and entered through an open window into a hallway. Looking down the stairwell, she saw the group coming up and hid behind the corner.

After one of the men knocked on the door, she opened it, and they forced themselves in. She soon heard a scream. Yvonne smashed through the door, causing splinters of wood to fly everywhere. Two guys had her pinned down on the bed while a third was attempting to tear her pants off.

"It's Bird Woman!" one of them said.

Their jaws dropped open at the sight of her naked brown body, at her thick, muscular physique.

"Let her go!" Yvonne commanded.

They released the girl.

"Are you okay?"

The teenager nodded, frightened. She pulled her clothes back on.

Suddenly, one of them, a Latino guy, smashed a beer bottle hard on the back of Yvonne's head, and she reeled back a few steps. Shards of glass landed everywhere. She stepped on several of them and looked at the bottom of her bare feet. Oddly enough, she didn't bleed or get any cuts.

The men and the girl saw this, too. The guys stepped away from her. The back of her head didn't hurt at all, and she smiled devilishly at the gang, approaching them slowly.

"Don't be afraid, guys. The party's just getting started. She blocked the door that she had smashed through. The man who had hit her with the bottle punched her viciously in the face, then delivered a second blow to her abdomen. Before she could react, he kicked her hard in the crotch and she took a few steps back, clutching her pussy. He and his buddies laughed. She was out in the hallway now where a small crowd of tenants had gathered to watch.

He kicked her violently again in the genital area, and the gang laughed. "Who's scared now, Bird Woman? C'mon, don't be a cunt, use your super powers on me."

She looked him dead in the eye. "I'd be glad to." She immediately seized him by the collar, lifted him off the ground, and threw him against the wall. The wall cracked deeply with the impact of the throw. The others stared at her.

A tall black man lunged at her and brought her to the carpet, where they wrestled for a while. He bear hugged her tightly from behind, trying to break the bones in her rib cage. While she was tied up like this, another black guy stepped in front of her and delivered a series of punches to her face and chest. She felt a little dazed but wasn't giving up so easily. Oh, no. I still have a few cards up my sleeve. . .whoops, I mean, up my bare arm. The guy before her tried to rip off her mask, and almost succeeded, but she opened her mouth and a deafening sonic boom came out, hurling his body across the hall like it was a rag doll. Wow, I've got that, too. Some sort of sound wave beam. Cool.

The dude behind her still had her in a vise-like bear hug, trying to crush the life out of her. She stomped her big bare foot on his shoe and he screamed in pain, releasing his grip. Then she knocked him out with a punch to the nose.

The crowd gazed in awe as she flew into the air and delivered a bunch of martial arts style kicks to the rest of the gang. They all dropped like bowling pins.

"Someone call the police," she instructed.

When the blues and journalists arrived, she stayed behind and gave a brief statement to the media. The eyes of some of these cops and reporters bulged out at the sight of her big brown breasts, her large black nipples, and her huge, shaved vagina. The ones standing behind her got a clear view of her big, curvy butt. Camera bulbs kept going off as she spoke.

She nodded at a reporter who raised his hand.

"What's the story behind your costume?" he asked.

"My being nude is a political statement, actually," she said into a microphone. "It's a protest vote to the United States government and its many injustices towards indigenous people. An administration that has long oppressed my community with its numerous broken treaties and ongoing discrimination, the conquering of our lands, the annihilation and genocide of my race, and the rape and abuse of our women and children. I stand before you now as a product and witness of this history, and I ask you to look at this nation's bloodstained hands. Look at them and think carefully about me and my people. Think about the poverty on the reservations."

Yvonne cleared her throat. "I want to see the quality of our lives improve. I want to see all Indians with health insurance, with jobs, with an equal opportunity towards education. These are the things I'm fighting for. Thank you for your time."

Another journalist raised her hand, and she nodded at her.

"But don't you think it's pretty extreme to be running around naked?"

"It's an extreme situation we're in. I don't have a problem with public nudity. It's this conservative country that does."

"If you don't put some clothes on right now I'm going to arrest you, Miss," the police chief said sternly.

She smiled mischievously and flew away.

* * *

Yvonne later retrieved her clothes and protest signs. When she got home, she took a long shower and slipped on a thong and bathrobe afterwards. It felt a little strange to wear clothing after bearing it all in public. She made a nice, healthy salad and ate dinner.

12