Birthday Gifts Fit for a Prince Ch. 09

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Nahid let out a sorrowful laugh. "If he loved you then he wouldn't have been able to let you go. He wouldn't be able to face a day without you in it. And he would hold you close to him even though he knew you would despise him for it."

There was a terrible foreshadowing in her words, and for just a moment Jade got a glimpse of how Nahid felt for Akim. How hopeless the situation was for her.

"Help me Nahid," Jade begged one last time. And to her surprise and suspicion Nahid agreed.

"Why now?" she questioned warily. "Before you intimated it would be a betrayal."

"Before I was not clear what there was to love about you."

The words hung between them. By themselves not enough.

"A woman who will go out of her way to help someone who by all rights she should despise, that is a woman worthy of a prince's love. That is a woman worthy of a jealous woman's respect. And out of respect to you I want to set you free."

"He will never love you if you help me escape."

"As I've only recently realized, he will never love me anyway." Nahid's eyes darkened with pain for a moment before her spine went rigid with purpose. "We must hurry. There will not be another chance."

Jade was not totally convinced of Nahid's sincerity, but she was at her limit. Another night of Akim's lovemaking and she knew she would lose the will to be free. She didn't dare risk it.

She quickly donned the clothes Nahid produced for her and scurried after her through the halls.

12