Blind Date Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

We were both satiated, basking in the glow of our lovemaking.

"Wish we could stay this way forever." he whispered.

"Mmm...would be lovely, wouldn't it." I murmured.

"No reason why it can't happen," he said softly. "Marry me."

My eyes flew to his in shock.

"Eashwar," I said sharply, "don't joke about these things."

"What makes you think I'm joking," he responded gently, nibbling on the tip of my ear. "I'm serious. I love you Tara. Marry me."

I didn't reply, I couldn't. I didn't know what to say to him. So many thoughts flew through my head, all of them clashing in confusion.

'I love you too, but I'm so much older. What will your parents say? I am an older woman, a divorcee. What will your friends say? I love you, but your mother is only ten years older than I am. God, can I give up my independence for marriage again? I love you...'

That night we lay in bed wrapped in each others arms and in hot pink silk. He slept, head heavy on my breasts. I lay awake, listening to him breathe. A lone mosquito whined somewhere above us.

Was this what I wanted? My lover with me forever? He said he wanted marriage, children - if I wanted them, that we needn't stay with his parents, that we could live in his flat, that I could continue to work, or quit if I didn't want to work anymore, that he would support me in whatever I wanted. I had no reason not to reply, to say yes, and yet I couldn't say those words.

"I need time." I had whispered. "Please give me some time to think about this."

I could see the hurt cloud his eyes, and felt terrible at what my words had done to him, but the "Yes, I will marry you" that was on the tip of my tongue refused to transform into words.

******

Delhi was a month ago but I knew now what I wanted to do. Eashwar was coming to Mumbai, my home town, in a few hours, and I would give him my answer.

I poured some more fine sand into the glass bowl, and wrapped it in gold net. The painted stones glowed through, and the arrangement looked like some exotic piece of jewellery. I traced the outlines of the bright colours and wondered how the evening would end.

12