Blindsided Ch. 01

Story Info
Opposites attract... or do they?
5.3k words
4.61
10.9k
3

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 09/22/2022
Created 08/25/2011
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Lasalles
Lasalles
20 Followers

The blast of the speakers caused Nazareth to squint. The sound was sharp to his ears as he stood in line behind Brendan. Brendan turned and gave him a similar look which turned apologetic. Moments later their tickets were scanned and they walked in to the sound of loud applause.

"Do you want drinks?" Brendan asked the woman in front of him.

"Sure honey, just the usual." Talli grinned and gave him a kiss. "We'll meet you at the usual spot." She walked off with Riley and Cass in tow.

Brendan shrugged and smile. "Looks like we're on drinks duty." He motioned with his head towards the drink stall.

"About time you came to a bout." Jez fell into step next to Nazareth as they followed Brendan.

Nazareth shrugged. He'd heard enough about it from Brendan and Talli, but it had just never struck him to go. "Sure, I guess. Women in tiny amounts of clothing being brutal? Not sure what took me so long."

Jez raised an eyebrow. "Don't you know we go for the sport?"

Nazareth laughed. "And what, just like you read the girlie magazines for the articles?"

"But the articles are good!" Jez pretended to be all innocent, but he couldn't hide the amusement in his eyes.

"Jeez do you want to go out on a date?" Brendan handed them two cans each. "Come on, we're missing the action!"

They made their way to the side of the stands, where the track opened up before them. The place was jam-packed with people of all walks. Some dressed in what looked like team clothing, others with face-paint, and Nazareth even spotted someone with a fluorescent green mohawk.

He looked down to see Talli grinning. "What did I tell you."

Nazareth nodded. "It's interesting all right."

The pa system wasn't the best, and it was near impossible to really understand what was being said, but he watched as a team of women on skates were introduced, each one waving to the crowd as her name was called out. They skated around a few times, some of them backwards, then forwards and another jumped over one of the girls lying on the track. It looked impressive.

"They're the called the Deadly Darlings." Talli yelled through the noise.

Brendan turned to him. "Deadly alright. What do you think of their team uniform?"

Nazareth nodded his head. There wasn't much left to the imagination. In fact he'd never in his mind put skates, elbow and knee-pads and helmets together with fishnet stockings and tiny disco shorts that could pass for boyleg panties.

It wasn't long before the next team came out, the Blindside Betties, dressed in similar red and black attire.

Nazareth's eyes scanned over the crowd again. It certainly was a mixed bunch: families, couples, alternatively dressed people, dyed and shaved hair, dreadlocks, piercings, tattoos, rockabilly and goth. You name it and they looked to be there. They didn't account for the majority, but they certainly stood out.

The whistle sounded and everyone cheered again. The next thing he knew, Talli had rattled off the basics at a million miles an hour. He tried to keep up, but before he could wrap his head around what she was saying, she was onto the next thing. At least he got that the girls with the star helmet covers were jammers and point scorers and the striped ones were pivots. He tried to follow it as best he as could but he couldn't quite work out the point scoring. At the end of the fifth jam, he could see that the Deadly Darlings and the Blindside Betties were evenly matched, with only eight points separating them on the leaderboard. The lead had switched a few times, but it looked like the Darlings were pushing to increase the lead.

He looked at Brendan who seemed to be completely engrossed before throwing up one of his hands. "What the hell? How the hell did she get sin binned for that?"

Talli looked at Brendan sideways with a smirk on her lips.

Nazareth watched one of the girls skate around the outside of the rink and take a seat.

"She got sent off for an illegal block." Talli looked at Nazareth.

"Garbage it was illegal, that was a great hip check." Brendan took a swig of his can.

Talli shrugged. "Well her elbow got in the way."

When half-time approached, Nazareth could see that the crowd was as much there for the thrills and spills as they were for cheering their teams on. He had to admit he was impressed. The flat track was concrete, and when some of the girls came down, the came down hard. There wasn't any protection for their hips or arses, and much of the crowd cringed when a girl crashed, chorusing with an "ooo" that resounded through the venue.

As much as he thought the crowd was varied, the girls seemed even more so. They were all shapes and sizes, something he hadn't seen before, but regardless they were incredibly fit—especially the jammers. As the bout went on he could see that there was a method behind the madness, but he still couldn't quite get a grasp on the technical aspects that the refs could easily see, making the difference between an effective block or getting sin binned as well as scoring points or not. Taking his final sip, he squeezed the can in his hand.

"Do you want another one?" Cass looked up at him, her cute round face breaking into grin under her moussy brown wavy hair. It cascaded down her back as she turned and looked at both Brendan and Jez.

"Sure, why not."

Cass grabbed the can out of his hand. "That's okay, I'll chuck this on the way there. C'mon girls, it's our turn."

Nazareth put his hands in his pocket and looked around. People were moving about during half-time: toilet breaks, food and more drinks.

"What do you think?" Brendan grinned.

"It's different."

Jez laughed incredulously. "There are hot women skating around in tiny shorts and all you've got to say is that it's different? Either there's something you're not telling us or you've completely lost your mind."

Nazareth laughed. The three of them had been friends since elementary school when Jez pushed Brendan over in the playground and sat on him, and Nazareth had then pushed Jez back off Brendan. All three of them were reprimanded for fighting at school. Afterwards they were literally inseparable, always finding new ways to get themselves into the trouble, and that included admiring the ladies. Jez had always had a bit of love 'em and leave 'em streak. He loved the chase but once he had them, he didn't know what to do with them. So it was a shock when he fell for Cassandra. She didn't go weak at the knees for his dark-haired, blue-eyed, bad-boy looks. They had fun and afterwards, she never called, didn't run after him and was friendly but not overly familiar when they ran into each other at social engagements.

Nazareth grinned to himself, recalling his friends dilemma. Cassandra drove him out of his mind until the penny dropped and he realised he had to have her, which of course meant a lesson in humility.

Brendan on the other hand, despite the playground incident turned out to be a bit of a sports jock. Thick dirty blond hair and light-blue eyes, the girls nearly fell over themselves in the bleachers during a game trying to get his attention. The only difference was, he really was a nice guy, fully aware of the fact that he could sleep around but somehow always opted for the steady girlfriend route.

Nazareth's mind drifted to his own school days. He loved women and had, had his fair share of relationships but there was always something a little lacking. He couldn't quite put his finger on it and even sometimes his friends thought he was mad. It was always, "What happened to whatshername? She was nice.".

"Hey there, it must be good where you are." Cassandra snapped him out of his musings and handed him another can.

"Thanks Cass." She winked at him and went over to Jez who put his arms around her and muzzled her hair.

"Hey Naz, how are you?" Riley tipped her fedora back to look up at him.

Nazareth's reply was lost in the cheering as the second bout started.

Riley smiled and put her thumbs up. She'd heard him and obviously William was good.

There was a small lull where the crowd was somewhat subdued. In that moment a woman skated up, looking like a cigar girl on wheels.

"Hey guys, how are we tonight? I've got stubby holders, badges, key rings and raffle tickets." She looked at the group with small smile on her red lips.

Nazareth vaguely heard everyone around him say something and it took him moment to realise he was staring with his mouth hanging open. He quickly closed it and her eyes suddenly snapped to his, dark and intense.

"Hey." Her smile widened as she gave him a cheeky look and skated a little closer, standing almost eye to eye with him. "I can see you haven't picked a team." Her voice lowered. "Are you a derby virgin?"

Are you a derby virgin? The line echoed in his brain and all he could do was think about the way she'd said it. He'd never heard a line with the word virgin in it sound sexier than it did in that moment and suddenly he was thinking of the woman in ways that were not gentleman-like in least.

She raised her eyebrow slow and gave him a smirk as she held up two stubby holders, her black bangles jangling against a studded cuff. "Unfortunately it's only a single bout tonight so it's a choice between the Deadly Darlings or the Blindside Betties."

Nazareth snapped himself out of it and looked at the stubby holders. Both of them sported cheesecake style pin ups on the front, but the Blindside Betties character reminded him a bit more Bettie Page.

He gave her his most dazzling smile. "The Blindside Betties I guess. Thank you."

She beamed. "Good choice! That's ten dollars."

He handed her the money and she took his can from him and put it in the stubby holder and handed it back.

"You know," She drawled. "the Betties often come from behind." She winked and like that she was off, skating to the next group of people to peddle her wares.

Nazareth stopped his eyes from following her and tried to concentrate on the scoreboard, but all he could see was her standing in front of him. Her bangs weren't blunt. They looked like they'd been rolled up. One side of her head had been shorn, but not completely bald. Her face was pale and heart-shaped with dark smokey eyelids and eyes that looked almost black. She wore fishnets, tiny black shorts and what looked like a corset but he couldn't tell as she was wearing black cardigan over the top. Her legs looked like they went to heaven or hell and back. It took him a moment to realise that Jez was talking to him.

"Holy shit! She was absolutely smokin'!"

Brendan nodded in agreement and Nazareth pretended to be nonchalant about the whole exchange, but the truth was he was almost speechless at the reaction she'd provoked from him. All three of them turned and watched as she skated to yet another group of people, further and further away from them.

Nazareth felt a twinge in his gut. He wanted to speak to her, find out her name but that would be too obvious.

Jez shook his head. "Her legs..."

"Honey put your tongue back in your mouth." Cassandra rolled her eyes. "Do you want me to hook you up?"

Jez closed his mouth. "Aww why would you say that." He gave his best little boy's look. "Besides, all I want is here."

He whispered something in her ear and Cass laughed rolling her eyes. "Well if you're a good boy maybe I'll just put on some skates and nothing else."

Jez choked, his eyes widening. The both of them started kissing, forgetting about everything else.

"Ugh get a room!" Riley called out as Talli pretended to be sick, but then turned around to hug Brendan.

Riley shook her head. "Anyone would think they're all a bunch of horny teenagers."

Nazareth laughed, but his thoughts didn't stray far from the dark-haired woman. A couple of lines from her and he had it bad. He couldn't believe it, it was like someone had reached up and twisted his stomach into knots, not to mention the other parts of his body that had suddenly become hyper-aware. He barely paid attention to the second half, but saw that her words rang true. The Blindside Betties had indeed come from behind to win one hundred and seventy-five to one hundred and fifty-three.

Half the crowd raced to the track to congratulate the winners, and as Nazareth watched, he tried to get his head straight. Who was she? How could he see her again? Would he have to wait until the next roller derby? He scanned the crowd, but didn't spot her anywhere. He shook his head. Maybe he should just forget it. She wasn't really his type anyway.

* * *

It was easier said than done wasn't it. Nazareth let go of the mouse and rubbed his eyes. He'd barely made any progress in the last week with 3D prototype, and granted that he was ahead of schedule, he still wasn't one to waste time. He sighed pressing his thumbs against his brown bone.

"I didn't realise the new model looked like this."

Nazareth looked up. Lost in his thoughts he hadn't heard Ken come into his office. He stood there holding Nazareth's sketchpad with his wry look on his face.

Nazareth reached up and pulled it from his grasp. Several pages were filled with sketches of the roller girl, everything from her skates and legs to the look on her face when she spoke to him.

"I did realise you could draw like that. Perhaps you're in the wrong career."

"Very funny Ken. I was just relaxing." Nazareth turned the sketch pad onto its face.

"Aha. Right. Just came in to see how you were doing."

Nazareth shrugged. "It's going fine. The drawings should be finished for the meeting next week. Don't worry."

Ken smiled. "I never worry about you." He patted him on the shoulder and left.

Nazareth slumped in his chair and let out a deflated sigh. He was going to have to put some hours in this weekend, but right now he needed a drink.

* * *

When he arrived at Brendan's place he found everyone congregating near the door.

"Hey, what's going on?"

Talli looked at Brendan. "Did you forget to tell him?"

"Tell me what?"

"Sorry man..." Brendan gestured in apology but Talli cut him off.

"We're going to the skate rink." She grinned while Brendan and Jez shook their heads.

"What for?"

Talli put her hands on her hips. "Well since bonehead here forgot to tell you, there's no roller derby for the next couple of months, but there's a fundraiser at the skate rink tonight."

Cassandra laughed. "It's okay, the boys don't want to skate anyway, so you guys can drink and us girls can relive our youth." She wiggled her hips, her short flared out skirt dipping from side to side.

Nazareth shook his head, realising that the women were dressed in eighties' attire: fluorescent colours, pig tails and exaggerated makeup. He chucked to himself. "Well as long as there is alcohol I really don't care where we go."

* * *

By the time they'd pulled up the rink the carpark was jammed. It seemed a lot of people had turned out to support the fundraiser. The girls couldn't wait to get out of the car, so the Brendan stopped to let them out while he looked for an empty space.

"Oh god, look at that." Jez rubbernecked as they drove up one aisle of the carpark.

"Look at what?" Nazareth looked out the window.

"That! That!" He pointed excitedly then slumped in his seat. "Christ it's a '48 Pontiac convertible."

Nazareth looked at the black car, parked on the nature strip. Whoever owned it obviously cared for it a great deal. In the evening light, it gleamed, the paint, the chrome, even the windows.

Brendan laughed. "Finished having your hard on?" He pulled into a space. "Come on, I'm thirsty."

* * *

If Nazareth though the girls had dressed up, he was mistaken. The outfits were even more outrageous inside the skate rink. There were women wearing lycra leotards, more wild hair and a lot of laughter. It was dim with the exception of the disco ball and black lights.

They leaned against the bar and drank as they looked around.

"Well I never thought I'd be spending my Friday night drinking at a skating rink." Nazareth shook his head and took another long swig. As he continued looking around, something dawned on him.

"Hey, I never noticed that the derby had quite a following..." He voice trailed away.

Jez smirked. "What? You didn't notice at the derby? Oh... I see..."

Brendan looked puzzled. "You see what?"

Jez was silent for a moment as he grinned. "Good old Naz here didn't notice because there was only one woman he was paying attention to."

The understanding crossed his face. "Oh yes. Rollergirl."

Nazareth frowned. "Rollergirl? What is this, Boogie Nights?"

Jez began to laugh. "Just look at him. I'll bet he was thinking of doing worse things to her than Dirk Diggler."

Nazareth rolled his eyes. Even if Jez was right, there was no way he'd admit that about a woman who he'd barely spoken ten words to. He ignored him and turned his attention to the rink. It had been a long week. He hadn't only been preoccupied, but sleep seemed to be eluding him as well. That probably explained his lack of progress at work, more than any woman.

He was about to take another swig when he stopped, the can midway to his mouth. He shook his head and looked again. If he wasn't mistaken, there she was, skating on the floor with some children. This time she was wearing a one piece body, that dipped low at the back. Her bangs were pinned back iin a high poof. Nazareth watched her laughed and skate, paying attention to what the children were saying to her. She waved other skaters and made her way slowly around the rink. After some time she brought them in, skating them to their parents and afterwards hopping up to sit on the counter.

Moments later, a leggy woman with a mass of long blonde hair walked up to the counter. She appeared to have just come from work. Rollergirl looked delighted as she hopped off the counter and embraced her, kissing her on the lips.

It wasn't a friendly kiss, it was a kiss of familiarity, a kiss of a lover.

Nazareth's stomach dropped. He was disappointed, but also intrigued. They spoke for a few minutes and the blonde turned and left.

"Holy fuck!"

Nazareth obviously wasn't the only one who saw as Jez stood next to him. Nazareth turned his head back to the rink, feeling deflated.

"I think I just died and went to heaven."

Nazareth shot Jez an annoyed look.

Jez threw up his hands. "What? I'm just saying. Tell me you've ever seen anything hotter than that. That beats all the porn I've seen hands down and they didn't even do anything." He patted Nazareth on the shoulder. "Sorry man, I would've never picked she bats for her own team."

Nazareth shrugged and drank the rest of his can. There went that idea.

* * *

A few rounds later the girls had come in for a quick drink only to leave again. Both Jez and Brendan went to the toilet and Nazareth had by luck found a seat to relax in. The crowd had thinned a little, no doubt past a few kids' bedtimes. He rubbed the back of his neck, relaxing in the nice buzz that the last few drinks had brought him.

"Hey there..."

Nazareth looked up to find the rollergirl looking at him with recognition. She cocked her head to the side, putting her hands on her hips and winked. "Well if it isn't the derby virgin. Oh, oops my bad you were broken in at the last bout, so virgin no longer hey?"

"Hey." Nazareth gave her a smile, absolutely lost for words and that wasn't something that often happened to him, but is seemed to be repeating itself with her.

"Whatcha doing all on your lonesome?" She looked around. "I don't see your friends, except for the girls on the rink." She held her hand out. "Come on, you should be skating anyhow."

Nazareth started to put his hand out, but then stopped when he registered that she said he should be skating.

"Ah, I don't think..."

It didn't stop her. She reached out and grabbed his hand, pulling him to his feet. They stood eye to eye for what seem like an eternity, as she looked at him with that same well of intensity. Nazareth felt himself being pulled in.

Lasalles
Lasalles
20 Followers
12