Blood and Ice Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I finished reading the letter and handed it back.

"What do you think we should do?" I asked.

"That's why I called for you. It's up to you. What do you want to do? Keep in mind that if you do go back, they'd be keeping a closer eye on you. Also, we wouldn't be able to make any contact with you. It would be very dangerous. Again, its up to you."

I thought about it for a few minutes. "It would be a good opportunity to see what they're doing and I am friends with the princess. Getting in isn't a problem and they're still looking elsewhere for me. They don't suspect that I'm the shadow raider princess. As long as you use a decoy to keep them off my tail."

There was a long silence then John said, "With all due respect, we don't think that this is a good idea, putting the princess in harm's way. Is there another way, my lord?"

Alexander answered, "Unfortunately not. They want her back. If they attack us here, we'll be sitting ducks. We have no way of defending ourselves. At least this way we can get information on them and keep them away from us until we can build up our numbers.

"Anyway, they don't know what are princess looks like, so we can use this to our advantage."

I smiled at Alexander, glad he was backing me.

"I don't like the situation myself, but Alexander is right. Before we do this, we should deal with William to make sure that he doesn't escape and warn them. Alexander, John, Michael—would you bring William up here please?" my father said.

They bowed and left the room. "Father, could I talk to you privately please?" I asked.

He nodded and motioned for everyone else to leave the room.

"What's wrong, Alexandria?".he sounded concerned

"I don't know how to explain this with out sounding crazy, but here goes. I've been seeing things that have already happened. I saw you and mother walking towards a building lined with torches and Alexander spoke to you about a baptism? And also something that Alexander never told you—he helped mum escape from the castle during the attack. He held them off until mum could get away. He saved my life. What I don't understand is how I can see these things. It's like a film in my head."

I waited for my father to say that I was completely crazy and should be locked up. "When did the first one happen?" he asked.

"A few weeks ago, before we rescued you," I said.

"I need to explain a few things to you. The reason you see these things is because your grandfather had what we call premonitions. Visions of the past or the future. We weren't sure whether or not you had this ability or not."

There was a disturbance outside the door. "We'll continue this discussion later."

He gave me a kiss on the forehead. The doors burst open and Alexander, Michael and John entered, dragging William between them. He was kicking and screaming the house down, begging them not to take him to my father. They threw him at my father's feet. Almost instantly he became a sobbing wreck.

Damien stood next to me just in case William tried anything.

"Stand up, William, and face me like a man!"

William slowly stood up in front of my father.

"Do you know why you've been locked up, William?" My father stared at him, his expression stony and neutral.

William was silent. Damien sat next to me just in case William tried anything.

"Answer me!" my father said, in a tone that made every one in the room shake with fear.

"Be-because I-I tried t-to k-kill y-your d-daughter." William finally stuttered out.

"Well, well, so you do have a brain after all. Why did you try to kill her?"

"Because if she lives, the light raiders will die and I can't allow that." William said.

He was starting to get a bit braver. I could almost sense what was about to happen. I grabbed Damien's sword just in time. William leaped across the table in a final attempt to kill me just as I turned round and plunged Damien's sword deep into William's stomach. I twisted the blade and sealed his fate. As I realised what I had done I wanted to run out of the room but father grabbed me by the arm and made me stay.

"Do you believe now that she can handle herself, John?" my father said.

I wanted to vomit I could feel the bile rising in my throat I pulled against father but he held me tight.

John nodded and I could hear William convulsing and coughing.

"Michael, finish the traitor off will you?" Michael nodded they dragged his body out of the room.

I don't know what they did with it. I never found out and never wanted to know.

"It is agreed that my daughter will go back to the light raiders to find out what their plans are."

Everyone nodded.

"Very well. This council is over. You may leave."

Everyone got up and left except for the guards at the door.

"Father, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to kill him." I was shaking from head to foot in shock of what I had just done.

"Alexandria, he was going to kill you. It was self defence. Everyone saw it, so there's no need to explain your self."

I smiled at my father.

"Alexandria, please promise me one thing?" father asked.

"Of course, Father, anything for you." I took his hand and squeezed it.

"If you think that you're in over your head, get out of there. Gabriel is not stupid. If he suspects anything, he will hound you like a dog."

"I promise father. Don't worry about me. I'll be fine. I'll have to stay up all night tonight because I can't look well rested. Is the games hall open?"

"It is if you want. I could teach you a few things in case of an emergency. It would make me feel better."

I nodded and went to my room to get changed. I returned and met my father in the games hall. He was waiting for me with a sword in his hand. I picked another from the racks on the wall.

"Now, I am going to come at you hard and fast the way Gabriel would, okay?"

I nodded.

He lunged at me, holding his sword vertically and bringing it down as if to cut me in half. Luckily, Michael had taught me how to block this kind of attack. I managed to block him just in time to stop him splitting me in half. The force of the blow forced me to the floor and I rolled away from him.

I stood up. swung my sword horizontally and caught him by the hilt. I swung my sword around in a circle, flicked it up and sent his sword flying. I caught his sword with my free hand and held them both to his throat.

"Well, I have to say I'm very impressed. Michael has taught you well." Father nodded in appreciation.

"I'm a fast learner, Father." I gave him back his sword.

Father and I spent the night sword fighting. I had to admit I was having fun for once. We sparred all night, barely noticing when the sun came up and pausing only occasionally for food and drink. Our odd bonding ended with a knock on the door.

"My lord, I don't mean to interrupt but it's near noon and we must go if we want to meet them," Alexander said.

My father nodded. I was given a servant's uniform to change into. The good thing was that the all night sword fighting made me look a mess. I was genuinely tired and sweaty. I skipped a bath and ruffled my hair up as I went to the stables to meet my father.

"You look a mess, Alexandria," he said.

"That's the point, Father."

He laughed. "We're going to tie you behind Damien. You will walk behind his horse. Don't worry. We won't go so fast that you can't keep up,"he said as he bound my hands together and tied me to Damien's saddle.

We set off. It only took us about fifteen minutes to get to the gate.

As we approached Gabriel called to us. "Late as always, Lucifer!"

I couldn't see anything as Damien was behind the rest of the council.

"Before we start, I want to see that the girl is alive and unharmed," Gabriel said. He sounded slightly bored as if he had done this a thousand time before.

"Fair enough. Damien!" my father shouted.

Damien moved forward and dismounted, untied me and dragged me forward into Gabriel's view.

"You can see the girl's alive." My father gestured at me dismissively.

Gabriel nodded and I saw that he wasn't alone. Jason was there along with a few others. Damien handed the rope to my father.

"So, what's the deal? I'll give you the girl and what will you give me?" Father asked.

"We'll give you access to your sacrifice hall whenever you want. We'll also let you go free and never try to capture you again. Those are our terms." Gabriel said.

"Your princess must really want this girl back for you to offer such terms." my father said.

"She is a valued friend of the princess and of my brother. Do you accept these terms or not, Lucifer?"

"Just one question. When we go to the sacrifice hall will any light raiders be there?"

"No. We have sealed the area off. It will be part of your domain. No one will stop you. If they do you may kill them as they will be in your territory." Gabriel said.

"Fair enough, it's a deal!" Father got off his horse, took a knife out his pocket and cut the rope I was bound with. He spun me round and threw me to the ground. The snow cushioned my fall but I scrambled to my feet and ran behind Gabriel's horse. My father and the council left.

Jason came off his horse and threw his arms around me. I burst into tears in his arms.

"Let's go home and get you cleaned up, Lex," Jason said as he helped me onto his horse. We rode off once again, into the lion's den. When we got there Jess was waiting in the main hall.

"Lex!" She threw her arms around me.

"He made the deal! I knew he would if we made it worth while for him. We're just sorry we didn't get you out sooner, Lex," Gabriel said.

"It's okay, my lord, it's not your fault," I said.

.

I nodded and he led me up to his room. I took a bath which I was glad of and changed into a clean dress. Jason was waiting for me when I came out.

"Gabriel wants to talk to you down in the food hall. I'll come down with you, okay?"

"Fine." We walked down to the food hall. I sat down and waited for the questions that I knew if I didn't answer, to his satisfaction, I would be out on my ear.

"How are you, Lex?" Gabriel asked. He seemed concerned with my well being, with luck the plan was working.

"I'm a little shaken, but okay," I said.

"How did they treat you?" he asked.

"The first day I was there I got a bad beating for running away. After that they made me work till I nearly collapsed. I was so scared. I had a few opportunities to run but I was too scared I'd be caught again," I said with a tear running down my cheek.

"I don't like asking this, but did they rape you?"

"Lucifer tried to but I fought him. He even took a knife and cut me just above my hip." At this point I burst into tears and Jason put his arm around me.

Gabriel gave a sigh of relief. "That's good. If he was to conceive another heir we'd be in big trouble," Gabriel said.

Jason was cuddling and kissing me, trying to comfort me. I hated when he did this, but I just put up with it, I didn't want to give them any reason to doubt me.

"My lord, there is one thing that I did see that I wasn't supposed to."

Gabriel was suddenly very attentive. "What's that?" he said.

"Their princess killed William. He tried to attack her again and she managed to kill him somehow. I heard that their main objective is to kill Jess before she comes of age."

"When did you hear this?" Gabriel asked.

"Last night after they discussed your letter," I said.

"Thank you. It's not new information but it confirms a few things for us. Do you know what they did with William's body?" Gabriel asked.

"No. They dragged it off and I don't know what they did with it."

Gabriel nodded.

"Here, eat Lex. You look half starved." Jason handed me some food.

"Thanks, Jason."

He smiled at me.

"Why did you give him the sacrifice hall?" I asked as I dug into my food, giving the appearance of not having eaten for days.

"It was the only thing that he would bargain for. I know him well enough to know that. And any way, we don't need it. He may as well have it."

I nodded. The door opened and Jess came in. I sprang up and ran over to her. She gave me a big hug. "Lex, I'm so glad you're okay! I don't know what I would have done if anything had happened to you," she said.

"I'm okay, just shaken. How are you?" I asked.

"Fine, but I've been worried sick about you." She gave me another hug and we sat back down at the table.

"Was there anything else that you heard or saw when you were there, Lex?" Jason asked.

"No, I'm sorry. That's all I know. They seemed to make a point of keeping me busy and away from the council room. They must have known that I might return here at some point."

"Fair enough. Could you tell me what happened when you went down to the dungeons?" Gabriel asked.

"I went down to dungeons and the shadow raiders were already there. They grabbed me and took the keys from me and kept a hand over my mouth so I couldn't yell. Then they released the prisoners. I tried to fight back but they were far too strong for me. I'm really sorry." I started to cry again.

"It's not your fault and no one is blaming you. I wouldn't expect you to take on the entire shadow raider council. Even I wouldn't be that foolhardy. Anyway, there was always a chance that they might figure out how to get out." Gabriel assured me.

Jason gave me a kiss on the cheek and whispered, "I really missed you. I would have died if anything happened to you."

I smiled and whispered back, "I really missed you too, Jason."

I felt bad for leading him on because I knew that one day he would find out who I really was. But, at that time I had no choice.

"By any chance did you get a glimpse of the princess?" Gabriel asked.

"No." I shook my head. "Most of the servants don't know what she looks like. As far as I know, no one, except the councilmen and her father, has seen what she actually looks like."

"Because we don't know what she looks like, it's like shooting in the dark. We don't know who we're after," Jason said.

"I'm sorry. I wish I could be of more help. All I know is that she's under tight security. I have seen her with her hood of her cloak up but never her face. The only thing that I do know is that she's always in the company of a member of their council. They'd never leave her alone, otherwise Lucifer would kill them," I said.

"She's always in the presence of councilmen and she always has a hood up?" Gabriel asked.

"She did any time I ever saw her," I said.

"Well, I think you've just given us a big lead," Gabriel said.

"I have?" I asked, pretending surprise.

"Yes. We didn't know that they take her out of the castle. This could work to our advantage. Is there anything else you know about her?" Gabriel asked.

"No, I'm afraid that's all, my lord."

"That's all right. Your room is still available for you, unless you'd prefer a different one."

"No, I like that room, my lord."

"Very well. I will find work for you, but not for a few days. I think you need a period of rest after what you have been through. If you will excuse me, I must go and inform the council of this development." Gabriel got up and left the room.

"Do you want to go for a walk, Lex?" Jason asked.

"Yes. You don't mind, do you Jess?" I asked.

Jess responded, "No. I have stuff to do any way. Come and meet me afterwards, okay?"

I nodded. Jason found me a lovely, warm cloak. He linked my arm through his as we walked out into the courtyard.

"Are you okay, Lex?" Jason asked.

"I'm okay, Jason. Thanks for asking. I would have been better if I hadn't had to be with them, but I'm just glad I could help Lord Gabriel," I said.

"At least you're here now, that's what matters."

"Do want to see the mark Lucifer gave me?"

He nodded. I lifted up my dress until he could see the scar left from my operation. It was the perfect cover.

"He did that because you wouldn't sleep with him?" Jason asked.

"Yeah, that's the price you get for being a decent human being," I said as I let my dress fall.

"It looks like it was really deep. That's going to leave a scar. I'm sorry, Lex. I should have protected you better. I'm just so glad your alive. Who knows what would have happened if we had left you any longer?" He took me in his arms and kissed me on the lips.

I accepted his kiss. I had to admit he was a wonderful romantic, if you were into that. We walked around the grounds for an hour or so. A blizzard had started so Jason whisked me inside before I got hypothermia. He escorted me up to Jess's room, which was the biggest room I had ever seen in my entire life. It was beautifully decorated with gold and blue. I was gob smacked!

"Do you like it, Lex?"

All I could do was nod.

"Come sit. Uh, Jason, could you wait outside for Lex? I want some girl chat with her."

Jason bowed and left the room.

"I'm so glad to see you again, Jess!" I said as I gave her a hug.i did honestly miss our friendship at times, although it didn't excuse what her clan did to us.

"I'm so glad you were still alive. Gabriel said there'd be no guarantee you would be okay. He hoped you would be."

"So, what have you been up to while I was away?" I asked.

"Not a lot. Our main concern was getting you out of that hell that you were forced into. Gabriel wants me to start defence lessons but I don't want to. Fighting is for guys not girls," she said.

"Jess, take it from me, when I was kidnapped and I couldn't defend myself I felt weak and helpless. Take the lessons. Maybe you could ask Gabriel if I could do them as well. I'd like to know how to kick ass myself."

Jess laughed. "I'll think about it, Lex. You know I really missed you. You're the best friend anyone could ask for."

"Aww, thanks, Jess. You're the best friend anyone could ask for too. I hear you birthday is going to be a big event."

"It's in six months. It's going to be big because I take over control from Gabriel. I'll be running the clan. Anyway, it's not going to be as big as the wedding between you and Jason."

My cheeks went bright red. "I don't know what you're talking about," I said, knowing exactly what she was talking about.

"Oh, come on, Lex. I've seen the way you two go on. He totally fancies you. Have you kissed yet?"

I nodded.

"When?" She was like a little school girl.

"Just now, before I came up here. It was lovely."

She started to giggle like crazy. "Oh you do know that you're not allowed to sleep with someone before you're married?" Jess said.

"No, I didn't know that, but thanks for telling me. I'm to young to marry at the minute. I'm not saying never but not until I'm at least twenty-one. Who knows, it may be to Jason."

We both burst into a fit of giggles. I missed this talking with Jess. Having a girl my own age to laugh and joke with. However, I knew deep down in my heart that one day I would have to tell her who I really was. I just had to remind myself of who I was and about the job I was there to do. That job was to find out the opportune moment to strike and get the castle back.

I already knew that when it was her birthday everyone would be there. Hardly anyone would be armed, especially the people in the throne room since it's forbidden to carry weapons there. I just needed to find a way to let my father and the others know.

That night when Jason escorted me to my room I had an idea. It was a bit drastic but there was no other way. I told Jason good night. I waited until nearly midnight before I made my move. I grabbed my cloak that Jason gave me and headed up stairs.

I thought I had gotten away unseen but a voice behind me told me otherwise.

"Lex, where are you going at this time of night?" It was Gabriel.

I swore to myself. "I couldn't sleep. I thought a walk might do me some good is all," I said. It was the first thing I could think of.