Blood & Power

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Did they see you?"

Garret chuckled lowly. "You know you don't have to ask that." He bared his teeth. "If they had seen me, I would have engaged them."

"Not very smart." Asher knew little about the Oni, but it was common knowledge that they were ferocious, fast, and merciless.

"It would take more than two to get the best of me."

"Not tonight." Asher looked up at the wide night sky.

Garret followed his gaze. He ran one hand absentmindedly through his hair. "Piss on that. It may help, but I do not need it to be devastating."

Asher grabbed his arm. "Remember why we are here."

"I remember." Garret made eye-contact with Asher.

Asher tightened his grip on Garret's arm, a harsh growl coming from Asher's throat. Garret lowered his eyes to the ground.

"Sorry." Garret dropped to one knee.

Asher released his hold. "Have we found the girl?"

Garret kept his eyes on the ground, studying the scuff marks on Asher's boots. "No. We found some blood marks, but we couldn't place the scent. Whoever it is, they are young. Probably 18 or 19. I didn't know we were tracking a Vayne."

"If we are, it would be news to me." Asher responded. "Blood marks are definitely Vayne property, but no way someone that young would be out on a solo mission." Asher could feel his nerves revving up. "This doesn't sit right with me. I could have sworn we were being sent to find a normal girl."

"Sir?" Garret responded.

"A normal girl doesn't require this much attention. It doesn't explain the Oni, the Vayne. . . Hell, a normal girl doesn't even explain why WE are here." Asher clenched his teeth. "We need more information."

Garret nodded in agreement.

"We need to find that girl tonight."

Garret nodded once more.

"Is this why you are pacing and jittery?"

Garret clicked his teeth sharply together. "Hungry." His voice so low it could have been the rumble of distant thunder.

Asher's face turned sour, his eyes like daggers cutting into Garret. "Do. Not. Fuck. This. Up." The wave of his anger surged against Garret.

"I won't." Garret replied.

"Do not bring attention to us!" Asher commanded.

"Understood."

Asher regained his composure. "If you are going to hunt, you may as well try to find our target."

Garret nodded solemnly.

"She is not to be harmed."

"Understood."

Asher looked around the wooded area. He could make out the night life, the scurrying animals, the hunting predators, he could see it all.

"Do you remember what the council told us about finding her?" Asher asked patiently.

"They said that she will smell different from anyone else we have encountered." Garret replied automatically. "I wonder just how they know that?"

"Doesn't matter." Asher pulled a shining blade from his coat. The blade was heavily polished. The edge, sharpened until the metal became translucent. He drew the blade across his palm. A bright line of scarlet beaded at the cut before becoming a river of blood flowing from the wound. Asher made a fist, forcing the blood to pour faster.

The stream poured from his clenched fist into Garret's open mouth. Garret swallowed greedily, his eyes closed in delight as the power flowed through him. Asher opened his hand, marveling as his body healed itself in an instant. He put the knife back in his jacket.

"Remember what I said; do not screw this up." Asher turned his back to Garret. "Find her."

"I will." Garret replied.

A sickening crack filled the air. Asher did not need to look to know that Garret's arm had popped out of its socket. The change was a brutal experience. It tested the will of all within his race. As he walked away, he could hear the liquid split of skin, the breaking of bones, and the scream of the man going through the process. Everyone screamed.

It was often hardest for the new members of the race. Their changes could take hours to finish. Garret would stand tall in a matter of minutes. His human shell would be replaced by a 7'7" beast with a penchant for fresh kills, hunting by scent, and howling at the full-moon. His fur covered body would move stealthily through the forest, undetected by even the most paranoid of creatures. His sin-black form running gracefully to complete his task.

Asher looked at the half-moon and smiled. "Once, you held the power." He shrugged his shoulders. "Now," He flexed his hand, "I do." Asher could see in his mind, Garret free-running through the forest, his transitioned body nothing like that of a dog, wolf, or bear. Garret was a werewolf, a perfect soldier.

12