Bloodline

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Alex the Cat
Alex the Cat
1,416 Followers

“You're safe here. It was just a bad dream.”

She cried into her host's shoulder. “It was Oscar and his boys --- they were hurting me again.”

Niki rocked her gently. “It's okay. Let it out. It was just a dream. You're safe.” She whispered soothingly, and then thought to herself,I won't let anyone hurt you. You can count on that.

When the young woman fell asleep again, Niki returned to her own room. She was glad she had already been checking in on her guest when the nightmare broke out. Lying down with a hand behind her head, she stared at the ceiling wondering what she would do now that she knew this woman truly shared Gabrielle's bloodline. In a few minutes though, she found that she was tired, and soon fell asleep.

The bedroom door slowly opened, and small feet padded their way inside. The small figure climbed up on the bed, and immediately Niki woke up.

“What is it?”

Green eyes did not want to look at her. “Nothing…well…um…I…I just…can't sleep now. The dream really spooked me. Can I…um…sleep here?”

“Sure.” Niki said with tired droopy eyes.

Gabriella snuggled under the covers and then instinctively right up against the long hard and cool naked body. She frowned a moment when she realized what she was doing, and wondered why she was acting in such a friendly manner toward someone she just met who happens to be very naked.

Niki sensed the blonde's thoughts. “S'okay.” She then wrapped a protective arm around her bed companion.

Gabriella bit her bottom lip a moment and decided to ask out of curiosity, “Do you always sleep in the nude?”

“Uh huh.” Niki mumbled before drifting off.

Grateful that she herself had on a long T-shirt, the young blonde then wondered why this woman's body temperature seemed low. But then she wondered why it felt good to be in her arms --- to feel safe.Nana, why does she feel so familiar --- like we've known each other? In the span of a few hours she has become my savior and my only friend. Yet her body --- her touch envelops me. It's like she is reaching into my soul. Nana, you told me to find the One and I have failed so far. And now this stranger has come, and I want to be with her. She drifted into the land of Morpheus with thoughts of her grandmother's request.

**********

Azure eyes opened from a heartbreaking dream of her only love Gabrielle. The only woman she deeply loved a century ago --- a woman whose heart she broke when she refused to give her the Dark Gift so that they could live together forever. And Gabrielle knew what she asked Niki for --- she knew what it meant to have the Gift --- the consequences of it. But Niki couldn't bring herself to forever and permanently change her love's life. So in the end, she ceased their relationship. Saying goodbye was the most difficult thing for Niki ---- to stand there and see her love sobbing and begging not to leave. “Don't leave me Nikita. I love you with my life. Please…. I swear to you this day that I will find you --- somehow ---- I will return to you. I will prove we are meant to be.” Those were the last words Niki heard before she disappeared into the forest and left Ireland forever.

A single tear rolled down a sculptured cheek. She felt something stir against her, and she looked down to a strawberry blonde crown of hair nestled on her shoulder. With a small smile playing about her lips, she quietly and carefully removed herself from the woman's grasp.

Downstairs, the coffee maker clicked on to begin the dark brew. Feet languidly and silently padded through the kitchen. Nikita poured three teaspoons of sugar in the large coffee mug along with some cream. Stretching her muscles, she wondered what she should do with Gabriella's clothing. The dirt covered filthy clothes lay upon the cherry wood table. She brought them with her from the bathroom, and at first thought about washing them, but then her second thought was to just burn them.Why would she want to keep them anyway? Niki was prepared to purchase new ones for her. The decision was made. She checked all of the pockets for anything important, and stumbled upon a folded up piece of paper inside the sweatshirt's pocket. She unfolded and began reading.

My darling Gabriella,

When you find this, I will have already passed on. But don't cry child for I will be with you. Do you remember the special dance we carried out under the full moon of summer solstice? I told you then that our dance was to ensure that you and I would be together, even in death. So, brush your tears aside and heed my words carefully.

You must find the One. I know you remember all the stories, now you must carry out the requests I've mentioned beforehand. Find the One and you shall live --- we shall live together happily. The One walks by day but prefers the shadow of night. No harm will befall you because I know this Being. There is love and kindness and compassion in that heart of hearts. The One is strong and faithful. You will not be disappointed by this soul. Remember the description I gave you, and follow that. Also, the One will not be persuaded easily. There is much at risk, and I have informed you of everything you need to know. I love you my dearest. I have faith you will find the One.

Love,

Nana

Niki wiped at her tear stricken face. To read something in her love's handwriting speaking of her passing on made Niki's heart hurt even more.But what is this whole thing of finding the One? Suddenly the light went on in her head. Gabrielle's last words were, “I will find you and prove we are to be together.” So, she intends to use her granddaughter to carry out the mission. Does the young woman upstairs know full well whom it is that her Nana wants her to find? She refolded the paper and returned it to the plastic sleeve. Taking the clothes, she tossed them into a plastic bag to be burned later outside.

“You're throwing out my clothes?” The voice asked as she stepped into the kitchen.

“I didn't think you'd want them.” She turned around holding up the bag. “Do you?”

“No…I guess not.” She took a seat at the table and let her gaze wander up and down the long naked backside of her new friend. “So, aside from sleeping in the nude, do you always walk around in the nude?” She asked as she took her paper from the table.

A dark eyebrow inched its way under black bangs as ocean blue eyes regarded her. “Yes. But I can go put something on if it bothers you. I'm not used to having someone around, so it hasn't crossed my mind that I'm naked.” She watched as sea green eyes slowly worked their way from her breasts down her tight stomach and then to the black patch of curls between her legs. Catching a hint of sexual tension in the air, she quickly went into the back where the laundry room was located.

Gabriella let out the breath she didn't know she was holding. Never before had she seen a woman so beautiful ---- so statuesque. Her alabaster body was absolutely flawless. She wondered what that symbol was that was tattooed on her chest but decided to ask later.

“Would you like some coffee?” Nikita asked as she re-entered the room now dressed in a pair of black cotton shorts and a black T-shirt.

“Um…yes, thank you.”

“I'll make you some eggs and toast.” She set the mug of coffee in front of the young woman. “I have some errands to run today. I'll show you around the place after you eat. You can make yourself at home.”

**********

The lone figure silently eyed the books in the small library. The titles on one particular shelf seemed eccentric ---- dealing with witches and vampires. There was also Anne Rice's entire collection. Gabriella picked up a rather old leather bound book that was bent and frayed at the corners. She flipped through it noticing it was a journal but written in old Gaelic. She could barely make out the scripted letters. Putting it back, she picked another book and made herself comfortable on the couch. Propped up with a throw pillow and a blanket she began to read as a storm began outside. She thought for a moment how she would have gotten sicker down in the tunnels from another rainstorm ---- but instead she was here, in a house --- warm and dry.

As the gray sky gave way to the approaching darkness, Gabriella fell asleep with the book on her chest. She had dreams of her and Nana, and of Nana's request. “Find the One.

A tall black shadow entered without a sound and knelt down beside her. Removing the black leather gloves, she gently brushed the backs of her fingers down the soft tender cheek. The antibiotics were doing her well, as her flesh did not have such an ashen look to it anymore. By tomorrow Nikita was confident some of her healthy pink color would return.

Green eyes opened. “Hi.”

“Hi --- have a good day?” Niki softly asked.

Iella gently took Niki's hand near her face, and kissed the knuckles. “Um yeah,” she sat up, “must have fallen asleep.”

Niki felt the stirrings of love emanate from the young woman. Clearing her throat, she said, “I…um…see you like Anne Rice too.”

Gabriella looked down at the book. “Yeah, she's a great writer.”

“Yes, she is. Uh…have you eaten?”

“No.” She turned on the side table lamp. “Hey, you're all wet.”

“It's raining outside.”

She looked out the window and saw the drops of water run down the glass. “I didn't realize it still was.”

“I'll order some food.” Niki stepped back into the foyer to remove her wet garments.

**********

They sat facing each other on the couch in the TV room as they watched whatever they could find on the tube. Gabriella was thoroughly enjoying the exquisite salad that she swore contained every vegetable imaginable, and the baked ziti.

“I have something for you.” Niki said as she got up to retrieve something from the other room.

The blonde looked over as the tall woman returned with a brown package. “What is it?”

“Go ahead, open it. I hope the contents aren't soggy.”

She ripped open the brown paper wrapping and lifted the lid. “Oh my, how…. These are beautiful.” She pulled out a purple long sleeve button shirt, a pair of blue jeans, a few silk panties, a couple of silk bras, socks, and a pair of brown Doc Marten's shoes. “I can't believe you got all these. How are you sure of my size?”

“Um…well I…have a good eye.” She responded as she ran a hand through her hair.

Gabriella hugged the clothing to her bosom. She was so overjoyed with the prospect of wearing new clean clothes ---- the opportunity to look nice once again. A tear squeezed itself out of her shut eyelids. “Thank you.” She whispered, and then in one quick swoop, she hugged the tall woman. Pressing the side of her face against Niki's, she said softly, “Thank you so very much.” She kissed the cool cheek, and lingering there then said, “How can I repay you?”

Nikita picked up the scent of something sexual along with the coppery tang of the blood that continued to seep from between nether lips. She tried to contain herself by pulling back. “Payment is not necessary.” She cupped the young woman's cheeks. “I just want to help.”

Blue and green eyes locked onto each other, and something began to nag at the edge of Gabriella's mind.

“Are you okay?” Niki asked.

The small woman frowned a moment. “Yes, I just…keep thinking there is something I'm supposed to know. Oh never mind, I guess it'll come to me eventually.”

The dark woman knew what it was, but decided to not interfere with anything Gabriella and her grandmother agreed upon. She felt it wasn't her place to push the subject. “Well, how about we finish dinner with a movie. There's got to be something on cable to watch.”

“That'd be great.”

**********

Bare feet padded out of the now dark bathroom. Freshly showered and hair blown dry, she was ready to sleep. In the blackness of the room with only the moon shining through the large lattice windows, she saw the lump in the middle of the bed. Niki shook her head and couldn't help but smile at how the small blonde had now taken to Niki's bed, and slept peacefully without a care. She climbed in, and before she even closed her eyes, Gabriella snuggled right up to her naked form.

Niki rolled onto her side facing the small woman, and gently brushed a finger down her cheek.

Sea green eyes slowly opened. “You've been so good to me,” she said as sleep began to claim her again. Leaning forward she gave the dark woman a peck on the lips. “You're my best fri-e-n-d.”

Niki's eyebrows shot straight up in surprise at this bolder expression of affection from her new little friend. But feeling too tired to analyze it all, she decided to think about it in the morning.

With arms around each other they drifted off.

The clock struck 3am. The small strawberry blonde smiled as she felt cool lips upon her own. An involuntary moan escaped her throat as cool hands stroked her heated flesh. The lips moved down to her neck, and suddenly she felt a piercing pain and then immediate bliss.

Green eyes snapped open in the darkness. She sat up and felt her neck --- nothing --- no pain or pleasure. She gazed over at the dark figure still asleep, then clearly as if it had been spoken out loud, she heard her Nana.“Gabriella, my child, she is the One.” She looked around the room but saw nothing.

Niki awoke. “Is everything alright?”

“Yes. I just had a dream.”

“A bad one?” She sat up concerned.

“No. It just woke me. I'm okay.”

Long arms stretched out welcoming her in the embrace as they settled back to sleep.

Gabriella replayed the dream and her grandmother's words over and over again, trying to make sure she understood it correctly until her heavy eyelids closed shut.

********

The young woman walked into the kitchen fully dressed in her new clothes.

“You look great.” Niki commented as she sat at the table with the paper and her coffee.

“You think so?”

“Yep.”

“I see you're not naked.” Gabriella said sarcastically.

“Well, I figured you'd appreciate me wearing clothing.” She wore her usual black leather outfit. In fact ninety-five percent of Niki's wardrobe was black and mostly leather.

“Oh, really? Well…I actually like you naked.” Blue eyes regarded her a moment in disbelief, and the young blonde continued. “But it can be distracting. So, what's happening today?”

“Um…we'll need to do some grocery shopping, and I thought we could go get some more clothes for you.”

She sat down and stared at the wood's grain of the table. “We don't need to do that. I don't want you spending anymore money on me.”

“Why not?” Niki reached over and lifted the small chin with her index finger. “I want to.”

Gabriella gave a shy smile. “At some point, would you help me find a good job? I want to be able to earn my keep.”

“Sure. You know, you're welcomed to stay here as long as you want.”

“Forever?” She asked softly as she stared into wide ocean blue eyes. She didn't quite understand why she asked this, but it felt right to do so.

Niki didn't know what to say. This young woman just asked her 'forever'.Does she know? I'm not getting a clear indication from her thoughts. It's as if she does know, and yet a part of her is still innocent to it all. The silence in the room was deafening. Neither woman dared to move or break the gaze. Suddenly the phone rang. Niki picked up the cordless receiver on the black marble counter. “Hello.”

Gabriella poured herself a cup of coffee.

“Okay, thank you.” She hung up. “Well how about we go get breakfast then start shopping?”

“Sure.”

*******

Shopping for the young blonde turned out to be a struggle for the tall stoic blue-eyed beauty. Gabriella didn't want her to spend the money, and Niki kept insisting it would be fine. Finally, Niki threatened to hold the small woman above her head in the store until it closed if she had to. Gabriella relented, and they exited the department store with several bags of goods.

They decided to go for an early evening snack of ice cream at Baskin Robbins. Sitting on a bench in the parking lot of the shop, Gabriella leaned back enjoying herself. She thought about all that has happened in the past couple of days and the sudden influx of dreams regarding Nana. There was a topic she needed to breech with Nikita, and she wasn't sure of the best way to go about it.

Nostrils caught the scent of sweet blood. Niki inhaled deeply and got a bit dizzy with the heady scent. She thought about what to do.I must feed. I didn't think of how I would get my meal if I were spending all day with her. I can't just drop her off somewhere, and I need to feed now. The smell of her blood is drawing me. I mustn't lose my resolve. I'll tell her I need to go get something. I can be back quickly. She glanced at the woman, and watched her lick at the ice cream. The play of muscles along her neck caused Niki to silently bear her teeth. She closed her mouth quickly and looked away but she could hear the rush of the blood in those veins. It was calling to her. She needed to do something now! “I need to find a bathroom. I'll be back.”

“Okay.” Iella finished off her ice cream and smiled at a passing memory of being a little girl and going with Nana for ice cream on the weekends.

“Hello Gabriella ---- long time no see. Where have you been hiding?” a deep raspy voice asked.

The young woman froze, and closed her eyes wishing the presence away.

“Don't ignore me Gabby. You know the Boss has been asking about you.”

She turned to see the grungy looking thug. He always had a five o'clock shadow, an unwashed face, torn jeans, and a toothpick sticking out from between his lips. Now as she stared at him, she could see he hadn't changed one bit. “I'm not going anywhere with you.”

“Oh you're not? Well, isn't this something?” He twirled the toothpick around. “I see you've found yourself a Sugar Mama, and now you think you're better than the rest of us. What's her name? You working for her now?”

“She is my friend, and I'm not working for anyone.” She stated loudly. “Go away and leave me alone.”

He forcefully grabbed her upper arm and yanked her off the bench, “I don't think so. I have a reward to collect for bringing you in.”

She became frightened at those words. If there was a price on her head, then Oscar had something really bad planned for her. She struggled in his grasp, and tried to push him away. “Let go! I'll scream. Niki! Niki where are you?”

A block away the tall dark woman's preternatural hearing picked up Gabriella's call. Foregoing her meal, she practically flew past the people milling about. When she turned the corner, she saw the small woman being dragged by someone she obviously didn't want to go with.

In the blink of an eye, Niki gripped the uncouth man by the back of the neck. She removed the grip he had on the young woman and twisted his hand, breaking it at the wrist.

“Arrrgghh.” He yelled.

Ocean blue eyes met with the sea green of her friend's. “Iella, wait here for me.” She clearly instructed her friend, and then led her attacker behind a dumpster down the nearest alleyway. Spinning him around, she looked into his beady brown eyes. “You're one of McDouwall's boys?” She could smell the fear in his blood and it excited her. She hadn't had the chance to feed, and now here was her meal ticket.

“Uh…ye-a-h.”

“Where can I find him, if I want to meet him?” She sternly asked as she slowly lifted him off his feet by his neck.

“A-a-a-t the p-i-e-r. He owns the restaurant. P-p-ple-ase let me go.”

She sniffed him like a lion checking out its prey. “I don't think so.” In a flash, the sharp canines pierced the flesh on his neck reaching right through the jugular vein. His eyes grew as wide as half-dollars. In his speechless state, he clawed at her jacket with his one good hand, and then he went limp. The warm blood gushed into her mouth, filling the orifice with its tangy taste. She sucked and swallowed hungrily, wishing she had the time to truly enjoy the contents of the nutritious substance. Images of his last thoughts flashed through her mind like a fast forward silent film. She could feel and hear his heart slowing down. Before it stopped all movement, she tore open his neck and let him go.

Alex the Cat
Alex the Cat
1,416 Followers