Bodyguard

Story Info
How could he have known?
1.1k words
4.36
20.2k
27

Part 1 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 01/30/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Brodwyn and Xena

He didn't know how long this would last. He couldn't tell an innocent woman he was a wolf and she may be his mate... It'd been going on their third year with their bodyguard/client relationship. He accepted this job since he was a lone wolf. No family or mate at least. Just him. He needed money and this woman, Xena, happened to have won a large lottery winning, and wanted protection. He didn't really ask the story, just saw the details of a live in bodyguard position.

One thing she didn't mention was her fears at night. From whatever traumatic situation, especially after her winnings, she told him upon his first day she'd also need him to sleep with her at nights. Only sleep, for the feeling of security. At least until she fell asleep is what she said. Odd but everyone had a past and what'd he have to lose?

Well, for those three years, he never meet a mate. He just escorted Xena when she went on errands and was a bag holder/confidant when she shopped. Believe it or not, he also never grew any romantic feelings for Xena. Physically she was decent, but he wasn't interested in that especially her being his boss. On top of him not being the casual type with that, anymore anyway. He hoped his mate would be out while he and Miss were on an errand so he could take his savings and go start his long overdue family. But just wishful thinking. Or so he thought 2 months ago...

She was just so tired. Brodwyn never actually went in with her on her errand runs. He stayed in the car until she came out, then which he would open her door for her. If he had accompanied her inside he'd have known she was a witch. She didn't want him caught in her mess. He was an ignorant man to her...family condition. And it'd stay that way, she assumed, at least. But one night...one of her more draining nights, they came in as always to her country home. She was so beat, she went and showered and gave no thought to giving Brodwyn the layout plan for tomorrow seeing as it was Christmas Eve. She was going to ask him, like she did the previous years, if he'd like take off at least Christmas Eve and day to see family. He always refused and said they were across the world. She was still going to ask. 'But after my shower,' she thought.

She went back down to tell Brodwyn she was done and if he already showered she was ready for bed.

"Hey, um, I'm all done now. If you're ready to head up, the door will be unlocked. So whenever."

He did shower as now he was in a white long sleeve shirt and long black and gray flannels, as he is every night.

"Yes, Miss," he spoke shortly. 'Always so short and sharp. I guess as a bodyguard should be,' Xena said to herself.

"Brodwyn, you can take the next two days to spend the holidays with family off if you'd like. Seriously."

"Thank you, Miss, but I'll decline. They live too far from here. I'd make it there and have to be back on my way due to travel time."

"You could stay till the day after New Years. I don't mind, really. My sister could come for that time. I won't feel as secured, but she would be a help during shopping days and at nights," she chuckled knowing he's not the best on shopping days.

"..I'll consider it, Miss. Please, go before me."

"Okay then," Xena said handing him the schedule for the coming week. He usually triple checks to make sure she didn't double schedule any days.

Xena headed upstairs to at last put on her bonnet and pass out. Usually she has a spell at all times to keep her "presence" hidden. No traceable scent other than perfume if she would wear it, no sensible aura. Anything that was touched by her would be under the spell(except other living being unless she willed it) as to not leave anything behind that could be traced back to her. The only thing with this spell is it works both ways. So she can't catch the scents of other beings, other than man made perfumes. Even if it's an item they touched. It'd have no specific smell.

For nights, when she'd be asleep, she had a stronger, less involving but more efficient spell. The same as the other but twice as strong and it doesn't wear when the conscious mind sleeps. It's when a witches scent, aura, spells, all magic powered things worked in overtime.

Xena skipped using the spell, figuring it was safe since he was a human and couldn't scent her like non-humans could and passed out on the bed. Her spell from the day usually wears a couple hours after she falls asleep, which is usually when she sets for the other to cast(which wears away a couple hours after she usually gets up so she could recast the day one before the other wore off), but she was 'freeballing' so to speak.

Brodwyn decided she probably was up waiting for him as she didn't fall asleep until he was with her. He had to make sure the plans and times were double checked for the coming week. He knew she'd ask and she knew he'd decline, so he carried on his routine of getting it done the night before to start the day when she was ready, without rush. She insisted it wasn't necessary, but he was just like that, overly thorough. It was a few hours after she had went upstairs. He'd have to apologize for keeping her waiting.

An also tired Brodwyn climbed the stairs ready for bed. To his surprise Xena was already asleep. She usually only turns in without him on busier days. She only had one errand today. He questioned np further as he was exhausted and climbed in under the second cover that was used to separate them(from being in direct contact under the covers) and cuddled her from behind round the waist, as to not touch her skin. He was about to drift to sleep when about 5 minutes after closing his eyes, he smelled the most delicious smell. He knew it wasn't her hair products as they usually just smelled of something cocoa related. No this smelled like fresh strawberries with vanilla crème. She was his mate. He found her. The whole time, it was her.