Bounder Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Stultus
Stultus
1,404 Followers

"You'd be surprised, but I'll agree to assist you in any way that I can until it is understood and completely clear that any debt I might owe to you, in respect to my continued desire for privacy, is fulfilled. I'd give my oath on this, but you'd probably consider it worthless and make more humorous remarks about my lack of proper noble character."

"It probably is worthless... but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and accept it anyway. Consider it the start perhaps of some more fruitful and honest behavior habits. Who knows, being on the right side of the law might even turn out to be profitable for you! Let's keep this informal and just shake hands on the matter."

That would work. We clasped hands again, first as civilians and then he grasped my lower arm again higher, on my arm above my wrist so that I could do the same.

"Give me your oath now, one between warriors, if not quite exactly comrades" he stated, "I know that you deserve no such acclimation as you were never a soldier, but yet now we both seek the same prey, so we are united together in the hunt, at least for a time. Do not mistake my intentions for friendship, because we do not share that bond between us, but we can be partners and work together for a common goal."

I gave him my oath. I even pretty much meant it. I didn't have any squirming room in any case. I was trapped and firmly so. Besides, I do tend to keep my oaths... mostly, unless they become too inconvenient or the reward alternative is otherwise too enticing to resist.

With the personal body contact, I could sense his thoughts a bit more clearly now but I didn't exert my will against his in any way. His will was strong, perhaps even greater than mine at the moment. I'd used my gift already several times today, which is always mentally exhausting and the wine had dulled my resolve and force of spirit to some measure. Sir Adrian was a very real threat to me, but in the long term only. For now our interests coincided together acceptably and I quickly decided that forcing an attempt to control his mind at this time could be exceptionally hazardous and probably extremely unwise. This was something that could be handled later, when I was well rested and fully prepared for a confrontation and its likely outcomes.

I would make sure that my secrets were kept, permanently, but for now they were under no immediate threat of disclosure. Sir Adrian had given his word... which was undoubtedly a good deal more honorable than mine.

For now, I would be his good obedient blood hound, following the trail where he and his men could not go. He'd get his justice and I'd take my revenge... and our test of wills could wait for another more advantageous time, especially since he was still buying the wine.

Stultus
Stultus
1,404 Followers