California Zephyr Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

My room was adjacent to Karen's and the two rooms were set up "en suite". I didn't know that certain rooms could be opened up that way by removing the partition between them. Apparently, neither did Karen or Cam. [Later we asked the car attendant about it.

"I got this note from the crew chief said that there'd been a booking error, and that I should make up the rooms as a suite," he explained. Later yet in my investigation, I found that the crew chief had never written a note about this. The source of this instruction remains a mystery.]

We plunked down on our respective sides of the combined rooms, feeling a little awkward. Karen smiled, and suggested that if we agreed, that both sides could switch out the lights and enjoy the stars over the prairie while we chatted for awhile.

I jumped for the switch in my half of the car so quickly that Sophia laughed.

"Professor!" she exclaimed. "You are in too much of a hurry." Cam was quick to find the light switch on Karen's side of the rooms, too.

Believe or not, we did watch the stars from the lower berths. We did chat, and learned a great deal about each other as the Zephyr devoured the last miles of Iowa.

Karen was cautious enough not to tell us everything at first. She did not describe the ring specifically, but confessed that she was wondering if she had acquired the ability to arrange seductions. She blushed furiously as she explained, but there was no anger on our part at hearing this, only amazement. My mind kept visualizing her blush extending down over her breasts, not realizing then that my thoughts were being drawn toward the ring in its nesting place.

In spite of these sensations, I reverted to being the professional skeptic and asked her how she was going to prove that all of the evening's events were not just a pleasant coincidence.

Then, Karen filled out the story of the ring, pulling it out from its nestling place in her bosom. The ring itself looked to me as if it was Japanese; I pushed my memory to think of what its style might signify, but it did not ring a bell with me.

After that stunning news, which none of us could top, we turned toward learning more about each other.

Cam tried to be modest, but we gradually learned that he should be celebrating on this trip, as he had outfoxed his business competitors in the eastern transaction, particularly a well-advertised Denver firm. When I remembered their obnoxious radio ads, I began to like Cam, instead of thinking of him as a rival.

Sophia had ended an unhappy marriage in Denver, and had moved to a part-time college administrative job in Mt. Pleasant. But she had business interests in the Mile High City, so was headed for work and relaxation space in the Oxford Hotel across from the Union Station. By traveling overnight, the train schedule gave her two work days for the cost of one night in the hotel. I came to realize that this independent businesswoman's taste exceeded her income, so she had worked around that problem to gain the prestigious hotel address at a reasonable cost.

Karen told about her anguished trip east after her grandmother's death, and filled in more details about the crash of her relationship with Jim.

I answered questions from all three of them about my reasons for leaving the university. The validity of my research work into parapsychology was being questioned, but the real problem came when I was accused of taking advantage of some of my female students. There had been no complaints from them, it was more a case of the department worrying that there could be problems in the future. Or perhaps it was the department chairman bursting in on student "slut" Cindy and I - he had wanted her for himself, I believe. But that is another story.

Now, in the darkened sleeper suite, I admitted that I should have seen that coming. Buried in the academic world from my own undergraduate days, I had enjoyed the easily available sex, but somehow I had failed to notice that as I grew older and was promoted, that the situation was changing. Someone like Sophia had stories to share, a life already established. Answering a question from Karen, I had to admit that I mourned the passing of the young women from my life. I had honestly enjoyed exchanging ideas with them, introducing them to new worlds. And that had somehow led to them sharing my bed. Their infinite variety had intrigued me; each had different thoughts, different ways of expressing themselves.... and a different body, to share.

As the intimacy grew, each of we couples cuddled more closely together. These were people that I really liked! I felt secure with them. And that feeling seemed to circle around us in the protective steel cocoon of the Zephyr.

Then, the conversation faded, and we watched the occasional passage of a farm house or a road crossing in silence. In the flashing red of a crossing signal, I saw that Karen and Cam were embracing, his hands running through her blonde hair, hers caressing the muscles of his shoulders.

I looked over at Sophia. She was watching, too. We grinned at each other, embarrassed, but enjoying the moment. She stifled a giggle, and I kissed her. Her lips went from smile to softness in a beautiful second, and shaped themselves to me, brushing gently over mine.

A series of short sighs interrupted us, turning our attention again to the other side of the rooms. Cam was unbuttoning Karen's blouse, and the sighs were hers as he kissed her-- and his as the lovely lace outline of her champagne glass breasts emerged. In the occasional light we did not see his hand move to her jeans zipper, but we heard the familiar sound in the darkened bedrooms.

The Zephyr's engineer pulled long and hard on the whistle cord for Creston. I definitely was not getting off yet.

--- to be continued---

The help and suggestions of hsx200 members in preparing this chapter is gratefully acknowledged.

- Professor Richard W.

12