Camryn's Baby

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"What's wrong with you and Camryn?"

"Nothing."

"Bullshit! It has been obvious to everyone that there is something very wrong there."

"No dad, everything is cool."

"Dave, not talking about it does not make it go away. Not talking about it doesn't help fix it."

"It is beyond fixing."

"Nothing is so bad that it can't be helped."

"Oh yeah?" And then the whole story came pouring out of me - all of it, every stinking little thing - and then I said, "So dad, you tell me, how do we fix that?"

He stared at me for several moments and then said, "I don't know. Let's look at it and see what we have. Camryn panicked when she thought that all you had worked for was going to be lost. She panicked and did something that she thought would save everything. Right so far?

"Yes, I guess so."

"Okay, I don't condone what she did, but I can understand it and at least she did it right."

"What?"

"She did it right. What she did was stupid, but she was right to make sure that she could never know who the father was. So anyway, she did what she did, got herself pregnant and then called your mother. Your mother called you and that was the first you knew of it. Right so far?"

"Yeah."

"You went home, found out what the deal was and were all set to throw her out on the street and then your mother and I showed up. I told you the sad tale about your mother and all of a sudden you decided that you were stuck with Camryn and the baby because of your mother."

"That's it."

"It doesn't matter to you that Camryn obviously loves you? Everyone can see it; it is as plain as the nose on your face."

"If she loved me she wouldn't have done what she did."

"Bullshit Dave. Did you never consider the fact that she sacrificed a piece of herself for you? She set out to save her home Dave. She knew when she got pregnant that you would know what she had done. There was no way she could hide it from you or convince you that you were the father, but she did it so that her home would be safe. You are part of the home she tried to make safe. Granted that there might have been other, better ways of doing it. Everyone sooner or later makes a stupid mistake for what they think are good reason. Camryn made a whopper, but it doesn't mean that she doesn't love you, if anything it shows how much she loved you. People make mistakes all the time Dave and people are forgiven for making those mistakes.

"I seem to remember a stolen car and a drunken joy ride somewhere in your past, but you were forgiven. You could have just as easily gone to prison for ten years, but you didn't because the man whose car you stole looked at you and saw a good kid who had stupidly fucked up and he let it slide.

"If she loved me dad, she wouldn't be doing what she is doing now."

"Don't be stupid Dave. What she is doing now is what you have consigned her to by ignoring her. She is your wife, she loves you, but she is human and has certain basic needs which you have absolutely refused to meet. What is she supposed to do, lock herself in a room and wait for your mother to die so she can get on with her life? By your own admission she has tried to get you to fill those needs and you turn your back on her. And what about Bradley?"

"What do you mean?"

"Anyone who is or has been a parent can look at the two of you and see that something isn't right."

"He's not mine dad."

"Maybe not in the physical sense, but he is yours. You accepted him as yours the day you made the decision to keep Camryn and the baby for the good of your mother. You accepted him into your home, you allowed your name to be put on his birth certificate. You said, "Okay Bradley, you are my kid now so get out there and keep your grandmother happy. By doing that Dave, you took him to raise. He didn't ask to be part of this mess. He didn't have any choice in the matter, but he is here now and he deserves better than he is getting. Accept him Dave. He is doing a lot for your family; do something for him in return. Think about it Dave, think about it hard.

"Come along, we need to get back to the party."

The two of them were surprised to see me standing there when they came in the front door. To be honest I was a little surprised at being there myself. Camryn had an "Oh shit!" look on her face and I'm sure that she was expecting some sort of confrontation. Well, that is what is was, but not the kind she was expecting.

"Hi, I'm Dave" I said as I stuck out my hand. Warily he took it, we shook and then I said, "I'm the husband and I've decided to do my own work tonight and not subcontract it out so she won't be needing you." I opened the door and said, "Thanks for coming by."

He looked from me to Camryn and she shrugged and said, "Sorry. His house, his wife."

He looked back at me, shrugged his shoulders and turned and left. As the door closed behind him Camryn looked at me, "Okay, now what?"

"Now we try to put it back together."

12